The Next Generation - Harry P...

By maisilrestera

Hogwarts welcomes new students Scorpius Malfoy, Albus, Lily and James Potter, Rose and Hugo Granger-Weasley... More

Teddy Lupin
Victoire Weasley
James Potter
The Invisibility Cloak
N.E.W.T's
Hogsmeade
Albus Potter
Scorpius Malfoy
Rose
Hogwarts In Winter
Christmas At Shell Cottage
Confession
Chasers And Keepers
A Rose Is A Rose
Daisies And Lilies
The Kiss
The New Triwizard Tournament
Another School
The Four Schools
Library Date
The Potter Siblings

Library Date Reprise

312 8 1
By maisilrestera

Hugo Granger-Weasley

Me and Evan hung around a lot more in between lessons. I had suggested several trips to the library to read up on possible creatures he might face but he only reluctantly went once, we decided to go back once he found out exactly what the first task would be. However, he didn't have long to wait. A ministry official in sweeping magenta robes stood up one breakfast in the Great Hall to gather everyone's attention and announce that the Champions were to meet in the Headmistress's office later that day to find out the desirable information. Evan run his fingers through his dark hair and it was with a note of anxiety that he told me he would come to me soon after the meeting had ceased.

I was waiting apprehensively by the stone gargoyles for Evan to leave the office. When he did a little while later, he looked panic-stricken but tried to mask it with a lopsided smile.
"The first task, we've got to banish a yeti!"
"Looks like we've got some reading to do," I said jokingly, hiding my concern.

Madam Pince looked suspiciously at us as we tried to cross into the restricted section. "He's the Ilvermorny champion! And we're old enough! Surely-"
She faked an apologetic bow in Evan's direction and stalked off with her lips pursed. "Ignore her, her head's probably still in the 18th century," I muttered. There really was no point in trying to be secretive: he snorted loudly and I thumped him on the arm. We walked through the aisles of books. They really were quite magnificent. The covers ranged from black and leathery to purple and hairy, from Voyages With Vampires to Fifteenth-Century Fiends. I pulled an fanciful book off the dusty shelf and opened. "Year With The Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart. I've never heard of him. Sounds promising." I chucked him the book and he bit his bottom lip whilst thumbing through the pages.
"Chapter One: Prologue."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889K 54.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
127K 3.5K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
702K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
404K 6.4K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...