Catch Me If I Fall (Dancetale...

By Singeroftales

After a horrible accident sans misses his chance to enter into the biggest dance comp ever to take place in t... More

The Chance
The Fall
The Perfect Partner...?
The Agreement
The Internal Struggle
The Start
The First Practise
The Conversation Pt 1
The Conversation Pt 2
The Last Night
The First Dance
The Promise
The Announcement
The Talk
The Past
The Roll Call
The Quarter-Finals
The Mentor
The Festival
The Lead Up
The 'Accident'
The Final Call
Quick A/N
The Day Out

The Day I Met The Sword Wielding Fish Lady

1K 41 84
By Singeroftales

Hi guys... I'm soooo soorrrryyyy :(

I said i'd update yesterday but I started feeling ill so I wasn't able to update.

But it is alright~ I feel better today and therefore have updated, thank you for being so patient~

It was almost the end of the week and the quarter finals were quickly approaching. Sans and Frisk already had a routine and were simply perfecting it at that point. The general consensus from those who had watched them dance seemed to be good. Frisk still felt that Sans wasn't able to fully commit to the dance but she didn't push at him for answers, instead she gave him encouraging smiles whenever he appeared to be internally struggling with himself. Sans appreciated Frisk's understanding but still wished he was brave enough to tell her why he was that way.

The two had become closer with each passing day. They had taken Papyrus stargazing with them one time, had a spaghetti and movie night at the skelebro's house which Flowey had 'grudgingly' joined them, and Frisk had visited Sans at his hotdog booth a few times. One time boredom had led to a small game between the two in which Sans would stack hot dogs on Frisks head. The record had been 30 (Sans had to climb the roof of his booth for that one). Their tomfoolery had brought about a crowd of monsters and human alike and even a MTT news crew had appeared had one point. Mettaton (in his calculator form wearing a suit and tie ) had reported the incident with such excitement that crowd had become so pumped up that it had turned into quite the event. It had all ended though when a barrage of hot dogs came falling from the sky. People had dived behind cars and into buildings to take shelter from the 30 hot dogs (and cats) that pelted people. The incident ended up on TV that night. Frisk and Sans recalled that day with joking fondness. Especially when they turned up in the background of one perfectly timed shot, the mic picking up Sans pun, "well, seems like its raining cats and dogs today."

Today though the two were taking a break, both lying on the ground in Sans and Papyrus's lounge room as they exchanged puns and funny anecdotes. Frisk was looking up at the roof talking about when Toriel had taught her to make Butterscotch and Cinnamon pie. It wasn't until she stopped talking that she noticed Sans watching her, a wistful smile. She stared back at him, meeting his eyes. They were filled with some kind of emotion... maybe adoring. Frisk's heart skipped a beat, 'Is it possible?'

"What's up Sans?"

Sans's skull was dusted blue but he didn't let his eyes wander from hers, "Not much just the ceiling~"

Frisk giggled. The blue on Sans's face darkened, "H-hey k- Frisk d-did you want to-"

"BROTHER! HUMAN!" Came the disrupting call as Papyrus flung the front door open, "I HAVE- WHATEVER ARE YOU DOING?"

Sans and Frisk were both surprised by the sudden interruption that was Papyrus.

"heh, bro i wouldn't want to lie  to you so lets just say its very com-floor-table."

"NGEEHEHHHH! THAT WAS THE WORST ONE YET!" Papyrus scolded. (hey i'm trying alright *shrugs*)

"well paps its not like i have all that much author-ity in the matter," Sans said winking. (someone call the repair man i think we just broke a wall)

Papyrus stared at his brother in disbelief before shaking his head, "ANYWAY I CAME HERE TO TELL YOU THAT UNDYNE SAID I HAD TO INTRODUCE THE HUMAN TO HER OR I WOULD BE IN FOR A SERIOUS NOOGIE. SO IN THE BEST INTEREST OF PROTECTING MY SKULL I TOLD HER WE WOULD VISIT HER TODAY."

"bro, you can't just make promises like that without checking with frisk first," Sans told him.

Papyrus looked worried, "YOU'RE RIGHT BROTHER. HOW COULD I BE SO INSENSITIVE, I BET YOU ARE BOTH VERY BUSY TODAY."

Frisk sat up from where she was lying down, "It's fine Papyrus, I'm not busy and I'd love to meet Undyne."

Papyrus perked up at Frisk's answer, "OOH GOODY~"

Sans pulled Frisk to the side quickly to whisper a message of warning, "Brace yourself."

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Frisk stood behind Papyrus and beside Sans at the front of a fish shaped house in the middle of the Waterfall district.

"What a... nice place," Frisk said, unsure as to whether nice was the right place.

"IT IS ISN'T IT. NOT AS NICE AS THE LAST PLACE... PITY IT BURNT DOWN DURING OUR COOKING LESSONS," Papyrus remarked.

Frisks raised an eyebrow in surprise. Beside her Sans shrugged, "you're right bro... there's something about this place that's a little fishy."

"I WALKED RIGHT INTO THAT ONE..."

"more like swam."

Papyrus groaned and turned to face the mouth/door of the fish building and knocked. The door was answered by a light blue skinned humanoid fish monster, "Hey Papyrus. Did you bring the human with you?"

"I DID UNDYNE. HUMAN THIS IS UNDYNE. UNDYNE THIS IS THE HUMAN," Papyrus said as he stepped to the side so that the eyepatched fish lady could get a clear look at Frisk.

"Hi, I'm Frisk," The human girl said smiling friendlily at the monster.

Undyne smirked as she eyed the smaller human, "Heh, you're pretty small for your age. I think. Anyway it's good to finally meet you. This bonehead over here won't shut up about how awesome you are." She motioned at skeleton beside her who smiled.

"Well you guys better come in," She said as she led the way into the fish.

The room was quite clean with a large piano sitting in the corner of the room, a small kitchen and table on the other side of the house and a door that Frisk figured led into the bedroom. What really caught Frisk's eye was the large sword that sat in the corner of the house, it was 10x the length of what Frisk reckoned an actual sword should have been.

"Take a seat and I'll make us some drinks. Is tea alright?" Undyne asked."

A chorus of yeps and one 'do you have any ketchup?' later and Undyne was putting a kettle on for tea. 

"So... Human, or should i say Frisk... I saw you dancing on the television during the group dances. You and Sans make a good pair," Undyne said while smirking in Sans and Papyrus's direction.

Frisk didn't notice the blue blush that made its home on Sans skeleton or the accusing look the he sent to his brother.

"Thank you, I'm glad you thought so. I also saw you dance. It was really amazing how confidently you moved, I can see why my friend MK adores you," Frisk complimented Undyne, causing the latter to give a flustered smile and rub her scalely neck.

"Oh, wow. Haha I'm glad you think so.. and I'd love to meet your friend one day," Undyne smiled broadly at the human girl. A whistling from the teapot that was heating on the stove called for Undyne's attention. The fish monster poured four piping hot mugs of tea for herself and the guests.

"Here you go," She said placing them on the table.

Frisk took a sip of the tea, it burnt her tongue slightly but was delicious, "Mmmm, this is really nice. What blend is it?"

"I'm glad you like it. The blend is Golden Flower. Actually it's funny you like it, it was after all created by Asgore himself," Undyne smirked.

"WOWWEEE UNDYNE! HOW'D YOU GET SOME OF ASGORE'S TEA?" Papyrus asked.

Undyne shrugged like it wasn't that big of a deal, "Heh, the old man gave it to me as a 'congrats' present for making it into Mettaton's competition. We go pretty far back, me and Asgore that is. He's the one who taught me how to dance after him and his partner broke up."

"wasn't Asgore one of the judges?" Sans asked.

"Yeah, he is actually but I told him not to judge me so easily," Undyne smiled, eyes filled with fiery passion as she boldly made the statement.

Frisk smiled, she rather liked Undyne and her bold personality, though her eyes caught the glint of the sword again. 'That is a really big sword.'

Undyne, noticing Frisk's interest in the massive sword, strode over to the incredibly dangerous looking weapon, "You like it. Me and a... friend made it. It's meant to look like those ones in those Anime's I watch with her. "

'I don't understand why Sans told me to brace myself... Undyne seems really chill.'

Undyne turned her back to the group, gripping the sword she lifted it up surprising Frisk with just how strong Undyne appeared to be. Undyne's eye glinted as she looked over her shoulder at Papyrus, "Come to think of it, Papyrus. We haven't had you're lessons yet~"

With a quick spin Undyne was now standing with the sword facing Papyrus. Frisk glanced over at her skeletal friend who was now holding a large bone, 'Where did that come from?!'

"BRING IT!" The skeleton yelled.

Both of them leapt into... battle. Or at least that's what Frisk assumed it was meant to be. If she had to be more accurate though it appeared that they were dancing while parrying swords/ bones.

A sigh from beside her caught Frisk's attention. Turning her face to look at Sans she noticed he was leaning back watching the dance fight take place, "i knew this was bound to happen."

Frisk visibly sweat dropped, "Is this what you meant by 'brace yourself'?"

Sans chuckled, "pretty much... undyne can be... excitable sometimes and can get a little rough."

Frisk smiled as she turned back to the fighting fish and skeleton, "Well I think she's just breaming  with energy."

"Hehehehe, you carp  me up kiddo," Sans replied.

The two chuckled.

Frisk left that afternoon with a new friend... a sword wielding fish lady friend, but a friend just the same.

Welp another chapter done and dusted.

Next chapter:

Flowey and Sans Talk~ Whatever will happen ;)

Ciao for now~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 67 33
What, if you meet Sans and get a crush on him? You two would move into the underground and experience some funny adventures together! Get ready for:...
11.8K 231 21
I'm writing a fanfic on the popular game, Undertale. You fell down into the Underground at the age of 11, but little do they know that you had secret...
192K 6K 23
Frisk is just some regular ol' girl who loves to dance more specifically ballet but will she change her style a bit when she meets a certain skeleton...
10.4K 236 20
This story follows the storyline of if Ben 10 travelled the Underground with Frisk. Feel free to notify me of any errors in the story. I hope you enj...