The Wrong Guy

By Ronnin

Liyah Loveworth is a feminist. She never took any favor from guys. She never liked most of the guys at school... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Nick Cassidy
Chapter 2 Alexander Johnson
Chapter 3 Winnie Vortex
Chapter 4 The Baby Doll Project
Chapter 5 The Guy I Pushed Away
Chapter 6 Somebody Someday
Back Story Part 1: Liyah
Chapter 7 A Mother's Love
Chapter 8 Can't Stop
Chapter 9 Encounter
Chapter 10 Laura's Guy
Chapter 11 Harvey Tan
Chapter 12 The Guy in the Balcony
Chapter 13 Our Moment
Chapter 14 My Small Fantasies
Chapter 15 Sparkling Star
Chapter 16 Ruined Night
Back Story Part 2: Nick
Chapter 17 Nike. Just Do It!
Chapter 18 Moving On
Chapter 19 Sharon Stone
Chapter 20 Into My Own Pain
Chapter 21 Failure
Chapter 22 Daddy
Chapter 23 I Will Always Have Faith In You
Chapter 24 The Necklace and Promise
Chapter 25 Our Next Chapter
Chapter 26 The Bench
Chapter 27 Tiles With Red
Back Story Part 3: Sharon
Chapter 28 Tears On White Sheaths
Chapter 29 My Other Dream
Chapter 30 All For Alex
Chapter 31 Dad's Back!
Chapter 32 The Lipstick Dress
Chapter 33 The Paper Swan
Chapter 34 A New Friend
Chapter 35 The Shy Sharon
Chapter 36 Showdown!
Chapter 37 The Last Dance
Chapter 38 The Best Night Ever
Chapter 39 Cold Tears
Chapter 40 Red and Erotic
Chapter 41 Iced Frown
Chapter 42 The Miracle
Chapter 43 The Boyfriend
Chapter 44 Red Cheeks
Chapter 45 Disappointed In Me
Chapter 46 Kiss The Wind
Back Story Part 4: Alex
Chapter 47 Josh Johnson
Chapter 48 The Bear's Heart
Chapter 49 The Last Few Days
Chapter 50 Hearts United!
Chapter 51 The Heart-Breaking Kiss
Chapter 52 Goodbye
Chapter 53 Peaceful Little Nights
Chapter 54 For Our Loved Ones

Chapter 55 Graduation

513 6 8
By Ronnin

                I didn’t know what to do if what I feared to see would happen. I ran as fast as I could to chase off Nick who was going to barge in to the school and get Alex; I kept hoping I was wrong. Nick went in to school, and I really tried to get to him, but he was quick. Before I got in, I heard a loud bang, like someone just hit something hard. Chills ran down my spine again as I rushed into the school and pushed off the doors.

                “Nick!” I didn’t even need to see. I shouted as I got in. There was a bunch of people in the way. They crowded in like there was commotion, and there obviously was. It sounded like there was a guy getting beaten up, and everyone was watching. I quickly squeezed through the crowd and got in to that big commotion circle. As I feared, it was Nick. He pushed Alex off the ground and lockers and continued hitting him on the stomach. Alex was clearly getting beaten up. Alex fell down on his knees to the floor in pain of Nick’s punches. Everyone seemed frightened to stop the fight. Winnie was even standing in shock on the side.

                Nick tried to catch his breath while Alex tried to get up. Then, Nick continued to rage again and approached Alex with the intent to hit him again. I didn’t see the fighting intent in Alex. It was like he didn’t care being hit. He didn’t seven look like he wanted to fight back, but I was the one who couldn’t take seeing that.

                “Nick!” I shouted again right before Nick even made a move. Suddenly, everyone froze and watched me. Even Alex, who was even barely standing, was driven to see me. Nick looked back to me, and Winnie continued to cry, looking confused and all. I panted, but I just couldn’t help it, so I wanted to say it. My eyes started to tear, too. I couldn’t take seeing Alex with blood on his mouth. “That’s enough!”

                “Can you even hear yourself?!” Nick shouted even when he panted to catch his breath. “You’re still going to defend this guy. You were crying outside. You told me he loves you, but what on earth is he doing with Winnie? You’re actually defending a guy that’s clearly making a fool out of you! Wake up, Liyah!”

                “No.” I shook my head and continued to cry. Everyone was real quiet. They were a little surprised and devastated.

                “You know what, Sander?” Nick looked back at Sander. “You’re an asshole. Liyah’s very special. You may not see that in her, but she’s a very wonderful girl. She may not have too many friends, but she loves everyone she makes. She’s may say curses to you sometimes. She may want to hit you if you’re too stupid to fall in love with the wrong person. She may also be an idiot in Math sometimes, but I don’t know anyone else in this school that has a better heart than her. She’ll always be there for you. She’ll try her best for you. She’ll cry for you… like how she’s crying right now. She loves you, and you’re throwing that away.”

                No one could talk with that speech. We were all silenced, and I just continued to cry. Alex was looking at me, and I knew he was very much in pain.

                “I gave up on her.” Nick continued in a calmer voice, like he was lecturing Alex. “It’s because she told me you love her, and she loves you. I thought it was happily ever after for you two, so I just sat still and smiled. No matter how hard it was for me that the only girl I loved in my whole life wasn’t feeling the same way for me, I smiled even with tears. I laughed. I started to have a dream for you two. Right now, throwing that all away is the worst thing you’ll ever do to yourself. You’ll find yourself regretting that. You don’t know what you’re missing.”

                “Oh, Nick.” I told him, and he looked back at me. Everyone was really surprised and stunned with what Nick had just done. Suddenly, a bunch of guys came from the crowd and went to Nick. They pulled his shirt and threatened to beat him up.

                “Hey, you messing with Sander, you’re messing with us.” One of the guys pulled Nick’s shirt and clenched his hand to scare Nick. Winnie immediately ran to Sander and went to see his mouth that was bleeding. Winnie brought out a hanky from her pocket and slowly wiped off the blood.

                “Hey, I say we cut this guy.” Another guy threatened Nick.

                “That’s enough!” Alex shouted. Everyone was suddenly got startled. The guys backed out and looked at Alex. They seemed pretty surprised. Winnie was, too, and she stepped back and stopped wiping the blood off Alex’s face ‘cause his yell was kinda’ scary. Alex looked at me and continued, “I’m sorry, Liyah. Nick’s absolutely right. I deserve worse than some light punches. I’m really sorry I’ve put you all through this. It was just hard to decide. You don’t deserve any of this.”

                “Alex, I’m sorry, too.” I shook my head as the tears continued to stream down my eyes. I turned my eyes a little, and I saw Harvey, Laura, Steve, Franchesca, Jason, Samuel, and almost everyone I know from the crowd. It seemed like everything was so public. I started to get dizzy. I felt like passing out again, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to hear Alex’s voice further.

                “I always found that special, the way you call me Alex. No one had called me that for years until you did. Even my parents call me Sander, but I always liked being called Alex better… because it was how my dead brother, Josh, used to call me. You and Sharon started calling me that, and it always meant something to me.” Alex started to tear up, too.

                I turned my eyes to see Winnie, and she was still tearing up. She held that hanky between her hands, and she was standing there like she was spacing out. She looked like she was being dumped or cheated on. She looked extremely sad and disappointed. Most of all, she was staring at me with despair the whole time. I couldn’t take it. Everyone was looking at me, but I couldn’t take it, so I did what I do best. I ran. I ran out as fast as I could. I slid through the crowd and bumped my way out of the door. I ran as fast as I could, as far away as I could. I cried and ran. I just didn’t know what to do, so I ran. I realized I’ve put a little distance between me and the school, so I stopped running and tried to catch my breath. I crouched down and kept panting. I felt tired of that day. I just wanted to end all that suffering. I felt like wanting to get hit by a car or whatever. I didn’t know what to do or where to go, so I just walked my way back home. I didn’t even have time to remember the car. I was too occupied by what happened. I went home with that huge disappointment and trauma in my head. My head was down the whole time, and I didn’t know what even crying would do. I didn’t really have much happiness left, so graduation would really seem like a good way to escape everything.

                On the way home, I watched my feet as I took each step forward. I kept thinking and thinking. I could almost feel myself want to cry, but I didn’t want to cry in the middle of the street. I thought of talking to someone. It didn’t seem like a good idea to speak right away to Nick or Alex or anyone else from school. I feared I’d get a new reputation in school. Anyway, I knew I couldn’t disturb mom while she’s at work, so I called dad. I was pretty sure he was at work, too, but I still called. It took a few rings before dad could answer, so he seemed like he was really busy.

                “Hello?” he answered.

                “Hey, dad. It’s Liyah.” I said, continuing to walk. “I just wanted to talk to you since I’m kinda’ in a breaking mood, but if you’re busy, I completely understand.”

                “I’m not that busy. What’s the matter, Liyah?” he asked.

                “I still don’t wanna bother your work. It’s really okay if you don’t have the time.”

                “Hey.” He stopped me. “I’m the boss of this company, remember? I can leave the work to my employees here. After all, my daughter needs help. I can’t just leave her hanging, right?”

                “Okay.” I chuckled. “Can you leave work? Let’s have lunch somewhere maybe.”

                “Sure, darling. Where do you wanna go?”

                “I don’t know.” I chuckled again. At that time, I was already starting to feel better. It seemed like all I needed was someone to talk to, someone to not judge me for whatever I’ve done. “I’m in the mood for pizza.”

                “Well, we could eat at Luigi’s. They’ve got great pizza.” Dad laughed.

                “Who’s Luigi?”

                “I don’t know… probably the owner of that diner.”

                “Oh!” I laughed. I thought Luigi was some friend of his or whatever. “Luigi’s a diner, I see. Where is that anyway?”

                “It’s in the 35 Main Street in the South. I’ll be there in half an hour.”

                “Okay, okay.” I smiled even though he wouldn’t see. “I’ll see you later.”

                “Okay. I love you, honey.” He said.

                “Yeah. I love you, too.” I nodded and paused before hanging up the phone.

                I went back to school to get the car. Fortunately, there wasn’t really anyone there to bother me about what happened back at school, so I was able to leave smoothly. I left school without hesitation, though I was urging to see how Alex was. I didn’t really want dad to wait there. It’s gonna take long since I didn’t know where that place was. Anyway, it was quite a drive, but I got there not too long since the place was quite big. So, I went for that diner and looked for dad. The place was nice and big. Hopefully, it wasn’t anything expensive.

                “Liyah!” dad waved from a table, and I went there.

                “Hi, dad.” I went and sat in the table in front of dad.

                “So, what kind of pizza do you wanna eat?” dad said cheerfully, and I smiled.

                “Any pizza is fine, dad.” I chuckled.

                “Okay. Waiter, please!” dad waved to one of the waiters, and a guy went and took our orders. “We’ll have the white pizza please.”

                “Okay.” The waiter wrote on his note. “Drinks?”

                “Some coke.” Dad hummed and said.

                “I’ll have some water.” I said.

                “Okay. I’ll be back with your order right away.” The waiter told us and left.

                “So, what’s this that you wanted to talk about?” dad asked after the waiter left.

                “Can we talk about it after eating?” I told dad.

                “Okay.”

                “So, how’s Red doing?” I started.

                “He’s fine at home.” Dad chuckled. “Honestly, even though Sarah is his mother, he’s looking for you. He keeps saying Liyah, Liyah, Liyah.”

                “Really?” I laughed. “I’m gonna miss him a lot when I go to college.”

                “Well, he’s missing you now.” Dad laughed back.

                “He’s pretty amazing, isn’t he? I’ve been a babysitter, and all of the children I’ve held were really crazy. They keep running around and breaking stuff. But, Red, he’s different. He’s always calm and sweet.”

                “Yeah. He’s a lot like you actually.” Dad said. It got me a bit. Mom used to tell me that dad was closer to me than she was back when I was little, so dad probably knew exactly how I was when I was a kid. “You were quiet and calm, too. But you were sweet, most of all. You were always looking for your mother, and when she’s there, you’d want her to lift you up, and you’ll kiss her unstoppably. You said you wanted a brother, too.”

                “I did?” I almost cried in relief. “Well, I still do, and Red suits it quite nicely.”

                “Your first word was actually Dada. I was happy like hell when I heard you say that. Your mom was a little envious of that, but she was very happy, too.”

                I paused for a second. It was very touching that dad remembered that. If that was actually my first word, I must’ve liked dad very much. I wanted to cry and maybe stay like a kid forever. I wished I didn’t have to go through that painful little love craziness. But dad was there for me. I felt like I could face it all if dad was there for me, so I knew I could trust him and tell him everything.

                “Dad.” I called to him, and he paid attention. I nodded and said, “I want to ask you something. It’s about what I wanted to talk to you about.”

                “Ask away.”

                “Do you think it’s better to stay away from the one you love because if you don’t, a lot of people you care about are going to get hurt.” I asked him. It took some moments for him to answer back.

                “I’m not really a role model when it comes to stuff like that. It feels like you’re asking the wrong guy.” He laughed. “But you’re my daughter, so I want to give you good advice. So, it seems to me like you’re talking about a love triangle. To me, it doesn’t matter how much pain I’m gonna have to go through. If it’s for someone I love, then I’d do everything just to be with her. But of course, you’re going to have to consider how that person feels for you. If he loves you back, then it’s not right for him to be with another girl than you. But if he loves someone else, then you may want to consider moving on. It’s not really such a great answer, but it’s how I see love.”

                “No, it’s a great answer, dad.” I nodded and smiled. I realized dad was right. If Alex and I are in love, then it wasn’t right that he was with Winnie. He’s only punishing himself. Nick saw through that, and he decided to let me go. I appreciated, so I knew I wasn’t going to give up on Alex. “You gave me exactly what I needed, dad. Thanks.”

                “Anything for my little angel.” Dad boasted.

                “But do you think it’s still possible to change the way you feel about a person?” I asked. I wanted to let go of Alex. I felt like I wanted to move on or if it is even possible to move on.

                Dad stopped moving for a second and stared. He said, “You know, Liyah, love is quite different from just wanting a guy for sex or whatever. Love is very different from lust. Once upon a time, I thought I was in love with your mom. We had sex all the time. She was very hot back then, but when the sex stopped, I lost it. I don’t know. I just felt like I lost that feeling I had with your mother. I thought it was love at first, but I think it was just lust.”

                “What do you mean by that?”

                “I don’t want you to be doing the same.” He said. “If you just urge to be with him for those same reasons that I had, then it’s not going to work out. Make sure he really loves you back.”

                Suddenly, I realized I shouldn’t be there. I should be with Alex. I suddenly felt like I was losing time. Alex was with Winnie, and he could’ve stayed with her even after what Nick did. It wasn’t right for him to stay with her. So, I knew I had to stop that. Alex needed to be with someone who he loves and loves him back. That person is me! I couldn’t just stay there and settle while Winnie was holding his hand. I was alarmed, and I knew exactly what I had to do.

                I stayed with dad for a little more while even though I was urging myself to run to Alex and kiss him out of the blue. It would’ve been disrespectful for me to call on dad and run off right away, so I stayed to eat with dad.

                “Here’s your order, sir.” The waiter brought a round metal tray with the pizza and served it to our table. He placed it between dad and I and gently slid the coke cans with glasses and ice.

                “Thank you.” Dad said, and the waiter left.

                “I’m gonna dig up.” I laughed as I grabbed the knife and started to slice the pizza.

                “I’m coming up.” Dad laughed back and also started to slice a side.

                “Smells good.” I finished slicing and lifted the pizza slice to my plate.

                “Liyah.” A voice came from behind me. I looked and saw that it was Sharon’s Aunt. She stopped in front of us and smiled. “Hi. Having lunch with your dad?”

                “Mrs. Stone.” I reacted and smiled back. “Nice to see you again! This is my dad by the way.”

                “Hi! Ronald Loveworth.” dad offered a hand.

                “Hi. Carrie Stone. Nice meeting you, sir.” She shook dad’s hand. “You know, you’re daughter’s an angel. She and Alexander Johnson helped me pay my niece’s hospital bills.”

                “Really?” dad raised a brow and smiled at me.

                “So, how are you, Mrs. Stone? I haven’t seen you in months.” I greeted.

                “Good, good! It was a little hard after Sharon passed away, but she was happy even with her short life, so we’re happy as well.” She continued to smile.

                “I wish I could’ve graduated with her. We really loved Sharon.”

                “Oh, which reminds me!” Mrs. Stone gasped. Then, she reached in her bag and brought something out. I looked and saw that she brought out two envelopes. She handed it to me. “It’s for you. Sharon wrote that letter for you and Alexander. She left it in her drawer in the hospital. I was waiting for an opportunity to see you. It’s good that I saw you now.”

                “A letter?” I looked at the two envelopes. One was labelled ‘Liyah’. The other one was labelled ‘Alex’. I gently opened the letter that was labelled for me. “Thanks for handing this to me, Mrs. Stone.”

                “Sure thing. So, I’ll be going now. My husband’s waiting for me on the table. It was nice seeing you again, Liyah. Nice meeting you, too, Mr. Loveworth.” Mrs. Stone waved and walked away.

                “See ‘ya!” I waved goodbye.

                “Nice to meet you, too!” Dad said back. When she walked far away, dad stared at me as I keenly opened the letter. “Who’s Sharon?”

                “She’s a deceased friend of mine.” I brought out the letter from the envelope and unfolded the paper. “Can I read this for a moment?”

                “Sure. I’ll just eat.” Dad said. I slowly read the letter. The handwriting was gentle and cute. It looked warm. It felt just like Sharon.

Dear Liyah,

                First of all, I want to thank you for saving me from the bullies before. I’ve never seen such a strong girl before. You were very nice, and your sense of justice is what makes you tough. To be honest, I was a little scared of you at first. As you’ve known, I’m physically weak, and I don’t have much time. If you’re reading this, then it means I’ve already run out of time, but I don’t really care. You were my friend, you and Alex. You two are special to me. Even when you and Alex were in completely different levels than I am, you two became my friends, and I am very honored to be your friend. You made me very happy. I wish I could’ve done the same. I know I’m not the perfect friend. I may not be able to toss a Frisbee with you guys during the summer, but let me just tell you this… I love both of you. My tumor might be getting bigger by the day, but you saved me from giving up. I was very lucky to have you and Alex as my angels. You two changed me. You’re a great person, Liyah. It’s no wonder Alex fell in love with you. Yes, Liyah, he’s in love with you. He told me once, and I told him that he should confess to you because I know that you love him, too. There was that one time when he visited me and talked al about you. He told me you were inspiring, and I couldn’t agree more. You’re a very strong and gentle girl. You deserve more than happiness from Alex. To be honest, I’m quite jealous. Alex is super cute, and he likes you back. You two are cute, actually J You better get together or I’m going to get depressed. ROFL I’m sorry I barged in to your love life, but I just wanted to say that you two deserve each other. Only you can deserve Alex, and only Alex can deserve you. I can see that the way you two look at each other. You two are amazing. I wish I could’ve stayed to see you two smile together, but it was just not mean for me, I guess. So, I just want to say Thank You again. You two completed me. You two guided me, and I couldn’t wish for anything more. Thank you, and goodbye.

                Your friend,
                Sharon

                I found myself almost crying. That letter got me teary-eyed, and everything she said about me and Alex was definitely striking. Even Sharon could see that Alex and I are supposed to be together. Then, it hit me… everything Alex told me. Alex told me he loved me, so I just couldn’t let that go away. I knew. Suddenly, I knew I had to do it for him. I urged, and I went. I rushed and hid both letters to my bag and stood up to leave.

                “Where are you going, Liyah?” dad stopped me. “What’s in that letter?”

                “I’m sorry, dad. I have to go now.” I said. “If I don’t and hold my pride here now, I might not be able to change things. Alex is currently with someone else right now, but he really loves me. I can’t let that go, right?”

                “Okay.” Dad sounded convinced. “I might not be able to eat all of this pizza, but okay. Go and score, honey!”

                “Thanks. I love you.” I told him, and I went and ran out. I rushed to get to my car and rode it. I started the car and drove all the way back to Neptune High, hoping Alex was still there. I was hoping Alex didn’t change his mind. I was hoping nothing changed between me and him. I hope he didn’t give up on anything. I kept thinking and thinking of Alex… his words… his eyes… his smiles for me. I didn’t want to let it all go away.

                I got to Neptune High and hopped off after parking. I ran as fast as I could to the building. As soon as I got in the hall, I started yelling.

                “Alex!” I shouted and ran in the school hall. Everyone got startled with me, suddenly barging and yelling, but I continued running anyway. I didn’t care if the principal was going to send me to the office. I just wanted to tell Alex how I felt. I ran to the cafeteria while yelling his name. He wasn’t there, so I ran to the rooms on the second floor. I ran and searched every room, but he wasn’t there either. I thought of calling him, but I thought I should just talk to him in person. Besides, I felt like he was definitely in campus. I went from the first floor to all the floors and buildings. I checked the Health center, the club rooms, the basketball court, the swimming pool, even the men’s rooms, but there was no sign of him. I ignored everyone that was making fun of me as I ran and yelled. I just wanted to see Alex. Suddenly, I ran to the hall on the fourth floor, and I came across Winnie. She was alone in that hall. There wasn’t anyone else around, so I approached her.

                “Winnie.” I panted. “Where is he?”

                “You know,” she started to tear up. “It was always about you.”

                “Huh?” I continued to try and catch my breath. “Please tell me where he is. I need to see him.”

                “Sander’s always talking about you, Liyah.” She said, and I tried to calm down and listened to her. “Even from the beginning, he’s always so interested in you. He always asked if you were with Nick. He asked about what you liked in guys. He’s always trying so hard for you. I know he likes you a lot. I can see that in him. Even when he’s with me, he’s always spacing out, like he was thinking of someone else, and I always knew it was you. He’s so happy around you, Liyah… not me, you, Liyah. I’m sorry I was selfish. I just didn’t want to let him go. I really liked him, too.”

                “I’m sorry I dragged you into this, Winnie.” I said. “But I need to see him. He needs to know that I’m not giving up. Even if it was you that I’m competing against, I’m not letting him go.”

                “You don’t have to.” She shook her head, and a tear dropped. “I broke up with him. Even when he insisted, I told him it wasn’t going to work out if he was in love with you.”

                “Thank you.” I covered my mouth as I cried. My knees felt weak again. I wanted to drop down and cry. It felt like Alex was closer than ever. I wasn’t going to give up with Alex, so I never did.

                I knew I shouldn’t stay anymore. Every second that was passing by was hurting me and Alex. I knew I had to tell him everything right away.

                “He’s in his car.” Winnie grabbed her hanky from her pocket and wiped her tears. “He was supposed to drive me home, but I shouldn’t since we’re broken up. You should go with him.”

                “Winnie.” I called to her ‘cause her eyes were rolling down, and she looked at me. “I’m really sorry. And I’m really grateful.”

                “Go.” She smiled, but I could see that she was faking it. “He’s waiting.”

                I smiled as I turned around and ran away. I went down and ran outside to the parking lots. I knew I had to find that giant yellow truck of his. Then, I found it suddenly. I saw Alex, lying down on the hood of the car while looking up. Once again, I felt my heart stop for I knew… after all of these heartaches… after all these tears… after all these faked smiles… I knew I could say that we could be together. I slowly walked to him. He didn’t see me yet since he was staring up.

                “Alex.” I held my hands together. As soon as Alex heard me, he went up and sat on the hood to look at me.

                “Liyah.” He sounded relieved. “I thought you hated me.”

                “I wish I could.” I walked to the front of his car. “I wish I could say it was easy to forget you.”

                “I’m really sorry, Liyah.” He leaned and reached for my face and held my cheeks. “I’m really sorry I hurt you. I thought it was easy, too. I thought I was used to getting hurt, but it hurts like hell, and I just couldn’t stand to see that I was hurting this girl… this girl that amazed me. She stood out more than the others. She fought for what she believed. She’s very kind and wonderful, and I couldn’t help but fall in love with her, and I just hate myself for hurting her. I’m sorry I hurt you, Liyah.”

                “Alex.” I couldn’t stop my tears. They just fell down. I’ve never heard of such beautiful words combined in sentences. They reached my heart. I held Alex’s hand on my cheeks. “I love you, too. And I’m sorry it got so messy between us. I just didn’t want to give up. No matter how selfish it may seem, I just couldn’t let you go.”

                Alex moved both of his hands to my cheeks, and I held his hands. Then, he slid down from the hood of his car and landed right in front of me. Our bodies were pressing on each other like he were fitting to each other. There wasn’t even a single word needed to be said. I knew what I had to do. I held his hands tight; I didn’t want to let him go again. His eyes closed as he drove his lips nearer to mine and kissed me.

                From there… I knew… I knew exactly what was happening. It was Alex that was staying, and I never wanted anything else. It was perfect. It was all I could ask for. All this time, Alex was the one. I ignored my life all that time until I met Alex. I was glad that I met Alex. I just wish I could’ve met him earlier.

                “Oh my God! Get a room!” A girl shouted while Alex and I were kissing. Alex and I stopped kissing, but I knew exactly whose voice it was. I laughed as I turned to see her. As I had expected, it was Laura. She was with Harvey, approaching our way.

                “Oh God, the irony…” I laughed.

                “I know right?” she teased. “You were bragging about me and Harvey kissing in public while you two were like trying to each other’s heads off.”

                “Hi, Laura, Harvey.” Alex gave them a wave and chuckled.

                “Oh, Sander, you sneaky, sneaky man.” Laura sounded erotic. “If I hadn’t stopped you, you two would probably be having sex in the car right now.”

                “I think so, too.” Harvey laughed.

                “Well, I wouldn’t say I won’t if Alex asked me to.” I said. Then, I blushed. Alex looked at me, seeming surprised and somehow relieved.

                “Oh dear, she is so dirty!” Laura laughed and teased. “And look! She’s blushing!”

                “She’s totally blushing.” Harvey said.

                “Don’t you have anywhere else to go to?” I tried to drive them off.

                “We were just going to the movies.” Laura said as he held Harvey’s hand. “Well, we saw you making out there, so we thought we could invite you in.”

                “Sounds great.” Alex chuckled and faced me. “Do you wanna come with them?”

                “You know, it’s easier to make out in the cinemas. Plus, it’s dark, so it’d be awesome if you come.” Harvey said.

                “That actually sounds fun.” I faced Alex, and he smiled at me.

                “Okay.” Alex smiled.

                “Okay! Let’s go!” Harvey started to move and shout. He was always that hyper guy, but I really liked my friends on their own ways. Alex, Laura, and I went with Harvey to the cinemas, and it was loads of fun. We had like a movie marathon or something. It was the best because I got to hold Alex’s hand the whole time. It was just amazing. I wouldn’t have gotten that far it wasn’t for my friends. They helped me get to where I am. It wasn’t easy, but it was all worth it.

                Who would’ve thought that I would actually be friends with Harvey? I always hated the guy my whole high school years. But I started to like him the more I got to know him. It’s the same with Samuel and Jason.

                Who would’ve thought that my best friend, Laura, would even stay with a guy longer than two months? She always just plays around with guys for sex and fun and all, but I think she really liked Harvey in a whole new sense, and it was a little relieving in my part as a friend that she was growing up.

                Who would’ve thought my father could change so suddenly? I thought he hated me, but I just blinded myself to the fact that I really wanted a father. I always looked for a father, but I never saw that I always had one. It was like a miracle.

                Who would’ve thought that that girl I helped before would turn out to be a cancer patient? I never saw that fear in her face before. She was an amazing girl, going through that all by herself. She was strong, and she was my friend. Even when she’s gone, she’ll always be in our hearts.

                Who would’ve thought that the people that I always thought were in the way would sacrifice this much for me? Nick, who I thought would get in the way between me and Alex, actually made me realize that it was completely wrong to fool ourselves to love the wrong people. Winnie, who I thought was an old friend who didn’t care for me anymore, gave up her happiness for me and for the guy that she loves. I know that’s something I’ll never be able to repay.

                Who would’ve thought that I’d fall in love with this guy… this guy that I thought was faking his smiles when I first met him at the church. I always saw him walk the light. He was amazing. He always saw the good before the bad. He loves people; that’s why he has so many friends. He’s smart. He’s kind. He’s sweet. And above all, he’s the guy that I love. All this time, I thought I’d never acknowledge guys. All this time, I thought I’d never fall in love. I was wrong. I was caught in this magic called love, and I knew I liked it. Yes, it was a long journey… this journey of love. But what awaits that long journey is a new place for us to begin.

~~~~~~~~The Wrong Guy Ends~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 343 55
And for just the briefest of moments, the sensation of his strong arms wrapped around me and the warmth of his skin radiating against mine, casted th...
243 5 9
Jared was born into a life of privilege and wealth something he's shunned growing up but now he's all grownup and about to enter his freshman year of...
86.2K 1.8K 48
High school quarterback, Luke Greyson, didn't think anything was missing in his life until Emma Blake moved to town. Their instant spark left him cra...
761 38 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...