Imagination BK2: The Imaginer...

By Pennator

It has been two years since Derrick found out about his powers. Now, he spends most of his time in the 'real'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Hydra attack
Chapter 2: Another Adventure
Chapter 3: A Surprise Visitor
Chapter 4: The War God
Chapter 5: Across the Ocean
Chapter 6: The Shifting Isle Part 1
Chapter 7: The Shifting Isle Part 2
Chapter 8: The Shape Shifter
Chapter 9: A New Teacher
Chapter 10: A Strange Sort of Training
Chapter 12: A Small Break
Chapter 13: Another Enemy
Chapter 14: Zeus the Mighty
Chapter 15: Captured
Chapter 16: Escape
Chapter 17: Reflamen the Imaginere
Chapter 18: To Truly Imagine
Chapter 19: A Proposition
Chapter 20: The Dragon Haters
Chapter 21: A Volunteer
Chapter 22: Surprise Power
Chapter 23: Getting Prepared
Chapter 24: The Telekinetic Blade
Chapter 25: One Last Gift
Chapter 26: The Two Champions
Chapter 27: The Fight Begins
Chapter 28: The Limit and Beyond
Chapter 29: The Victor
Chapter 30: A Breach in the Rules
Chapter 31: A Piece of Cake
Chapter 32: Many Things to Do
Chapter 33: Finding the Source
Chapter 34: Getting Some Help
Chapter 35: The Great Army
Chapter 36: Mobolizing
Chapter 37: Into the Darkness
Chapter 38: Tricked
Chapter 39: When All Seems Lost
Chapter 40: Power Over Imagination
Chapter 41: Anger of the Lightning King
Chapter 42: Fear
Chapter 43: Clash of Fire and Lightning
Chapter 44: Waking Up
Epilogue

Chapter 11: Day Dreaming

369 15 0
By Pennator

I followed the man towards the town. As we got closer the screams and the heat became more intense, so intense that I had to cast a waterspell to cool me down. As we arrived at the village the distruction became apparant, there wasn't a building that wasn't on fire. People were running everywhere. The fire swirled through the town as if it was made of paper.

I made my way into the village, and I was finding it hard to keep up my day dream. The village occasionaly flickered, which I found weird because most of the time, what I create stays there. In the midst of all this distruction was a large beast. It was the size of a two story house, and looked kind of like the fire demon from Lord of the Rings. It had a huge flaming sword twice the length of me and a staff in the other. Fire swirled around it like a storm, and its eyes were flaming red, everything about it spoke heat and fire. 

As I walked into the town square, it turned towards me. It seemed to grin. It took a step towards me and the ground beneath it split. The staff swung carelessly into a nearby building, knocking it down. 

"Why are you here little hero," the monster laughed, "Come to rescue mummy."

I raised my eyebrow at the insult. I flicked up my hand and a water bomb appeared, which I suddenly through at the monnster's face. It his the target square on. The monster cried out in pain and clawed at its face. Eventually it recovered, but the flames were flickering slightly. 

"Aargh!" it cried, "You'll pay for that!"

"I'm just gonna leave," said the man beside me.

I nodded at him without taking my eyes off the monster. It suddenly stepped forward and swung its huge blade towards me. I stepped calmly out of the way as the sword landed in the ground, creating a huge crack. I drew my swords and stepped forward, swinging at the same time. The monster's left thumb fell clean off, liquid lave pouring out. It drew back it's hand and cried out again. 

"You low life, puny human!" it cried, clutching it's thumb, "You'll pay for that as well."

It swung the staff at me. I ducked then jumped back as the sword came smashing down. I shiethed my swords and summoned the bow to my hands. The giant stabbed his staff. I jumped, drawring my bow at the same time, and fired, landing with two feet on the edge of the staff. The arrow hit the monster in the face. 

It reacted, throughing the staff upwards. I held on to the rope attached to the arrow, and swung over its head. I cast a will spell as I went, protecting my body from being burnt alive by the flames.

I landed on the monsters back. Desummoning the bow, I drew both swords and stabbed them deep into the monster's back. It cried out in pain. I held on as it started to thrash around, trying to claw me from its back with one of its hands, luckily it couldn't reach me. 

Eventually it figured out how to get me. It took its sword and stabbed it towards me. I let go of one of the swords, swinging out of the way, but it moved the swords sideways. I let go of the swords, dropping to the ground. As I dropped I imaginered a dagger at my side, which I drew and stabbed into the monster's leg. 

The dagger ripped a huge gash, making lava poor out of the wound. Luckily the ward I had put around me protected me. I landed on the ground, the through my dagger at my two swords. It spun once, then hit them both through the handles, ripping them from the monster's back. They fell down to earth, where I quickly ran over to them and pick them up. 

I turned back towards the monster, which was struggling to get up. I waited.

"Your better then you look, human," said the monster, "but you still have yet to discover my true power."

The gash in its leg healed up, and the lava pooring from its back disappeared. It stood up, fully healed, even the thumb was back. I smiled, then stood in my ready position, one sword held above my head and the other held below, ready to destroy. We both charged at each other, I cast and earth spell on my swords. The monster dropped his staff and swung, two handed, at me. I swung back with both swords. 

The three swords clashed together, and the monster's one was rebounded from mine. I held the swords back for a power stroke, then jumped towards the monster's heart, a huge leap. Suddenly a huge roar echoed through the village. I lost consentration on my day dream, and everything flickered, then disappeared. 

I landed back on the ground, frowning. I looked back to see what had caused the roar, and there was a gigantic dragon, hovering just a few metres in above me. I froze. The dragon slowly made its way towards the earth and landed with a huge bang, knocking me off my feet. 

I quickly rolled backwards and back to my feet, my swords ready to strike. Instead of a dragon standing there, it was a man. He had brown hair and a bulky build. He was average size, and had a curved sword at his waist.

"Shape Shifter?" I guessed.

The man smiled, "Well at least you recognize who I am. Well done with your imaginering by the way."

I lowered my swords, "Aaah, thanks."

He walked over to me, "The only problem was you lost consentration when I roared, why did you do that?"

"Well, I was focused on something else," I explained, "and you distracted me."

"You shouldn't have been distracted," replied The Shape Shifter, "You should have known I was coming."

"But I was..." I was about to argue.

"Nope, that's no excuse," said the Shape Shifter, holding up his hand, "You were supposed to be imagining in a third person point of view, knowing everything that was happening, watching the battle from afar, and knowing when and where everything was happening."

I opened my mouth, then closed it again, not bothering to argue, I wouldn't win.

"So," said the Shape Shifter with a grin, "Now that that's over we can start on the fun stuff."

"Fun stuff?" I repeated, confused.

"It's time to start learning to imaginere properly," replied the Shape Shifter.

"Is there a proper way to imaginere?" I aslked.

The Shape Shifter laughed, "Of course there is. An example? You may not realise but I know exactly what is happening to you dragon at the moment, and that idiot war guy you brought with you. I know what is happening to your family, and what is happening between a some bully and a kid that has being picked on, somewhere in Russia. In fact, I just created a wind that blew the bully over."

I looked at him strangely, "Your joking."

The Shape Shifter smiled again, "No, I'm not. The fact is, I spend all my time day dreaming, and see everything that is happening. One half of me is in this body and the other half is watching the world. That is why I can do anything I want in an instant."

The Shape Shifter spread his hands above his head, creating a galaxy of stars and planets around us. The cavern changed into what looked like space, yet we were standing on solid ground.

'Wow!' said Reflamen, 'What just happened?'

'The Shape Shifter,' I quickly explained.

'Oh,' replied Reflamen, 'That makes sense then.'

"I can shoot stars," continued the Shape Shifter, thrusting out his hand, creating a barrage of small stars to go shooting through space.

"I can create worlds," said the Shape Shifter, twurling around.

The suroundings changed again and we were in a jungle, standing next to what looked like a tiger with scales. It yelped in surprise and ran into the forest.

"and I can put everything back to normal," said the Shape Shifter.

The ground suddenly became grass again and the sky became sunny. I was honestly amazed, I had never heard of someone able to do this sought of thing.

"How about Shape Shifting?" I said as an after thought, "Do you imaginere for that as well?'

The Shape Shifter smiled, "No, that is part of me. I can become whatever I want, whenever I want. Just like how you can use your spells and summon that bow and the swords, and the way Zeus can control storms and manipulate the winds, that is all part of us, we made it part of us."

The Shape Shifter started to walk. I quickly followed.

"The thing is, with Imagination you can do whatever you want, as long as you believe it will come true, and you have the thought for it," said the Shape Shifter, "You here of how when people think to themselves over and over again, that they will do something, and they beleive it. If they do truely believe it, it will come to pass. That is an example of imaginering, yet not many people realise it and persue it, like I did. You have the natural abilitly to imagine, which is very rare. Most people are tought, or killed before they gat the chance."

"Killed?" I said, surprised.

"Yes. Zeus is the only other person to start Imaginering without anyone's help," said The Shape Shifter, "And if he senses someone getting to close to it, he kills them."

'The lighting bolt,' was the first thought that came to my mind.

"Yes, the lightning bolt," replied The Shape Shifter, "That was when he tried to kill you. Luckily, instead of killing you it sparked your imagination, and now he wouldn't be able to kill you with thought's even if he tried."

I smiled at that.

"Okay," said the Shape Shifter, "That's the end of our lesson today."

"What, but you said that we were going to do some fun stuff," I said, surprised that it was over.

"That was fun," said the Shape Shifter with a smile, "Same time tomorrow."

With that he shape-shifted into a bird and flew into the air.

"But..." I said, again cut off from what I was about to say. 

I sighed, 'Well, that was interesting.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. I hope it wasn't to all over the place, I have a habit of doing that :) Anyway, vote and comment if you enjoyed. I'll post another chapter soon, See Ya!

Pennator^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 34 34
Ragnarok-aka the end of the world-was supposed to doom the gods as well. Instead, it was a cosmic rebooting. Now low-level IT tech and comic-book gee...
3.3K 38 19
This is the original version of A New Beginning I wrote a long time ago, so take it with a pinch of salt! Its not great but marks a special place as...
580 32 9
A prophecy has been spoken. The God of the Sky will come and with him, he will bring death. Talon Connor, a ship captain with an unusual upbringing...
383 96 29
I always want my dad home. Until he disappeared when I was young, until then I don't want to get out of my own world. I like gaming, sleeping,eating...