Reincarnate: My Rival

By PenOverPaper

"Being a rival sucks. Especially when you're the center of everyone's hatred." Gael Fallon is a well-known ri... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Where it all starts
Chapter Two: Witch's Warning
Chapter Three: Plan
Chapter Four: Truce
Chapter Five: Execute Plan
Chapter Six: Gael Fallon
Chapter Seven: Comeback
Chapter Eight: Little Amber
Chapter Nine: Deal
Chapter Ten: Tea Party
Chapter Eleven: Hello Heroine
Chapter Twelve: Puppet
Chapter Thirteen: Puppeteer
Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal
Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character
Chapter Seventeen: Masochist
Chapter Eighteen: Little Tigress
Chapter Nineteen: Game Over
Chapter Twenty : Stalker
Chapter Twenty-One: Father-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Three: Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Four: Yandere
Chapter Twenty-Five: School Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Infinite Bookshop
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter
Chapter Thirty: Luxurie Eclipse
Chapter Thirty-One: Luna Bookstore
Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues
Chapter Thirty-Three: More Clues
Chapter Thirty-Four: Backup
Chapter Thirty-Five: Soteria's Cloak
Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones
Chapter Thirty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Thirty-Eight: First Day
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Seven's Past
ready?
Chapter: CLOSE

Chapter Fifteen: The Ball

21.2K 913 146
By PenOverPaper

"A... amber? Is that you? You, you look a lot more mature." Venus-sama stuttered while pointing at me with her shaking hands.

I frown.

I turned to look at Headmaster Rivers, "Excuse me, but why did I look a bit more mature? And also, why did my hair and eyes suddenly changed?"

"Oh, it's because I put too much life force into the crystal ball that made you look a year older than your current age. As for your hair and eyes, don't worry, it's only temporary. It'll last about a few months or so." He explained.

"Okay." I said before examining myself.

True to Venus-sama's words, I did look mature. I grew taller, my body became more curvy than being all too skinny to the bones, my chest grew a bit too and my skin is now pinkish white rather than being pale.

But in my opinion, I rather lookd healthy.

When I reincarnated, the previous Amber was weak and malnourished. It took me a few weeks to make her body healthy again. But her deathly pale skin and body being too skinny still remained because it'll need a lot more nursing.

"Wait! Luke nii-san, what time is it already?" Venus-sama suddenly asked which snapped me out of my daze.

Headmaster Rivers stopped what he's doing before turning to look at his watch,

"Little cousin, it's already thirty minutes before six." He said with a grin.

Venus-sama froze before turning to look at me. Her eyes has a malicious glint in it.

I shrank back on my seat, 'She'll use me as a guinea pig again.'

Venus-sama immediately stood up from her seat before dragging me along. I wailed in my heart.

Curse you Venus Crystle!

--

It took us a long time choosing a dress that would fit my style. Eventually, what seemed like an hour, Venus-sama finally chose a dress for me to wear.

The dress is short in the front while it's long in back. It's color is dark green and it's frilly.

The ball is just a normal ball. And for some reason, Venus-sama made me wear a mask. Her reason?

"That face is so beautiful, that it might blind the guests."

I don't know what's wrong with my face for Venus to say that. My face is not the sun that could blind people if you look at it. My face is a normal one.

But for some reason also, I agreed to her whims. So I ended up wearing a mask to the ball.

The mask is dark green with different colored feathers and silver patterns. It goes well with the silver flats with laces that reches my knees, which Venus-sama made me wear.

At first, she want me to wear high heels. But because she didn't want me to embarass myself tripping all over the dance floor, she made me wear flats. Of course, it's a great option considering i'm clumsy.

Right now we're about to go inside KU's dancing hall. Which I didn't know they have that.

When they opened the large double doors in front of us, the first thing I saw is a blinding light. I squinted my eyes. After getting used to the brightness, I finally saw the place.

Once again, I gasped in awe.

The place is breathtaking. With its high ceiling and wide, sparkling clean marble floors. A large crystal chandelier is dangling from above the ceiling. Lots of tables and chairs covered in cloth are scattered on the sides. From the back is the band from earlier in the tea party playing classical music. A buffet table which is now much larger than earlier. Lots of guests with their luxurious dresses and dashing suits are now dancing on the middle.

Venus-sama nudged me to get me out of my daze.

I eventually nodded before fixing my mask.

We walked down the grand staircase which earned us a few syrange stares from the guests. Especially me, which face is covered in a mask. At the bottom, Venus-sama was already greeted by her peers.

Earlier before descending down the staircase, a butler announced Venus-sama's presence when she handed her invitation. Of course, it was only Venus-sama's name.

I have my own reasons for not telling my name to the butler. Because...

Firstly, i'm wearing a mask for a reason. Secondly, I don't want everyone to know that i'm just a commoner with a low status. Thirdly, i'm just keeping it low to avoid getting the six leader's attention. But with the mask, i'll easily stand out.

Ugh.

After Venus-sama left me alone at the bottom of the staircase, I immediately became the center of everyone's attention. Sigh.

The mask though.

I eventually reached a table that is secluded but is near the buffet table. It has a great view of the dance floor and beside it is a large window.

I made the best out of my situation before grabbing a plate and filling it with food of sorts.

Eventually, after running around the town looking for a proper dress, it made me exhausted and hungry. While eating, I suddenly glanced up towards the large double doors when it suddenly opened.

Seven boys and six girls.

The butler coughed before shouting, "Prince Seven Venice and Princess Marlie Giovanni!"

One of my eyebrows shot up.

Ooh, I almost forgot the fiance of the six leaders. Which are also the designated rival of each of the six character's route.

For Seven's route, there's Marlie. An arrogant girl which is proficient in magic. She's a witch in the intermediate H-rank. She has curly violet hair and pink eyes.

"Prince Grey Ore and Princess Hayley Viridaine!"

For Grey's route, there's Hayley. A bad-mouthed girl and loves to gossip. She's an air mage and she's in the peak E-rank. Curly red hair and red eyes.

"Prince Shade Finne and Princess Isabelle Viridaine!"

Isabelle Viridaine, Hayley's twin sister. Although both looked the same, Isabelle has pink hair and honey pink eyes. Contrary to her twin, Isabelle is much more quiet. But she is the strategist of the group who made devious plans. She is a peak H-rank light mage.

"Warrior Ace Spades and Lady Katrina Velancia!"

In Ace's route, there's Katrina. Among the six ladies, Katrina is the most difficult one to pass through. She easily gets jealous and would do all means to beat the heroine to dust. She's a warrior. And a powerful one at that. She has short brown hair and beautiful golden eyes.

"Princes Ethan and Nathan Thorn! Princesses Tiana and Tiara Willow!"

Tiana and Tiara are identical twins that always stick together like glue. The two of them are spoiled brats. Tiana is an advance E-rank earth mage while Tiara is a peak E-rank ice mage. Both have emerald green eyes and curly gray orange hair.

"Prince Zero Venice!"

I immediately looked at the last guy. Zero Venice, Seven's older brother.

The guy is handsome with his white hair, perfect features and silver eyes. He is also well-known for having an eye patch on his left eye. Despite that, it didn't lessen his popularity among the ladies. It even added to his mysterious look. Just like me, he is also wearing a mask, although it only covered his left eye.

Just his presence immediately piqued my interest.

The hidden character, huh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 141 7
After a rookie actress Sara died in a car accident she got reincarnated into a fantasy novel. But the problem is she reincarnated as a villainess who...
246K 7.3K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
123K 3.4K 62
Fallon Crow, a strong-headed powerful assassin, who wants revenge. Also known as the bastard child of a lord. Raze Aeden, the king of a country he n...
99.2K 2.9K 41
"You say you cannot love," she told her once, gazing into her eyes as an equal. "And so I will love for you. I will love you enough for the both of u...