Lucky Me | Damon Salvatore

By siriuslymondler

***** 'It's then that I realize that I have true feelings for Damon Salvatore. Yet he will never be mine. An... More

Before We Begin
1. Family Ties
2. You're Undead To Me
3. Lost Girls
4. Haunted l
5. Haunted ll
6. 162 Candles l
7. 162 Candles ll
8. History Repeating l
9. History Repeating ll
10. The Turning Point l
11. The Turning Point ll
13. Bloodlines ll
14. Bloodlines lll
15. Unpleasantville l
16. Unpleasantville ll
17. Unpleasantville lll
18. Unpleasantville IV
IMPORTANT
19. Children of the Damned I
20. Children of the Damned II
21. Children of the Damned III
22. Children of the Damned IV
23. Children of the Damned V
Real talk
24. Fool Me Once I
25. Fool Me Once II
26. Fool Me Once III
27. Fool Me Once IV
28. A Few Good Men I
sickly in love
29. A Few Good Men II
30. There Goes The Neighbourhood

12. Bloodlines l

5.3K 127 47
By siriuslymondler

All we do is drive
All we do is think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is drive
__________________________

I was still screaming when suddenly he ran off. I squinted my eyes trying to search for him, and I jumped back when a figure appeared out of nowhere.

"How ya doing in there?" I recognized that voice. It was my favorite voice. For the first time since our fight I looked at Damon. I wish I hadn't. His blue eyes met my brown ones and time froze. It only started again when the throbs in my head became to much to bear.

"Damon?" I spoke weakly. It didn't even sound like my voice.

"You look stuck," He said bluntly.

"No shit Sherlock. How long did it take you to figure that one out?" I sarcastically asked even though it hurt to say even one word.

"I'm actually trying to be helpful here," He spoke in a slightly aggravated tone.

"It's my seat belt. I can't get it," I gave in tugging on my seatbelt, and letting out a cry in frustration when nothing worked.

"Shh, Shh, Shh," he said trying to comfort me, but I was in an agitated state and I took it the wrong way.

"Are you telling me to shut up?"

"Yes, now let me get you out of there. I want you to put your hands on the roof." Like I said from before I was agitated. So let's say if I wasn't upside down in a car with major wounds I would've kicked his ass.

"You do not get to tell me what to do!" I sassed to Damon.

"I can tell you are in pain by even attempting to breathe." He did have a point there. The pain was excruciating, but I was way too stubborn to give in now.

"You don't know what I'm feeling," I argued, an alternate meaning behind my words.

"God damn it Emily! Put your damn hands on the roof so I can save your fucking life!" He exclaimed finally having enough. I did as I was told, because the pain was really starting to get to me. That and I just wanted to be in his arms even though it was wrong. "Just like that. You ready? 1, 2, 3." Damon snapped my seat belt and picked me up and carried me out the car. I snuggled into his chest as discreetly as I could. After all I was still mad at him, but I didn't want to be. "I got you," He whispered in my ear. He made me feel so safe. His words made my mouth twitch almost to a smile, but not quite. He tried to steady me on the ground. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?"

"Well I would probably be doubled over in pain if that was the case," I answered back sarcastically.

"Alright smart ass," he murmured back.

"Damon..." I started to feel a little woozy again. I swear if I faint again. I started to lose the energy in my legs and I started to fall. Damon caught me.

"Whoa, you're fading fast, Emily. Emily, look at me." Damon grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. "Focus. Look at me. Okay."

"I look like her..." I breathed out.

"What?" But I was fading fast and not even Damon's arms could keep me from falling.

******

My eyes sprang open due to the light forcing them open. I blinked a couple of times to get adjusted to the brightness. "Morning."

"Ahhh!" I looked over to see a smirking Damon driving his car. "Warn a girl before you scare her like that."

Damon rolled his eyes, but smirked, as usual. "It's not like I touched you. That would've scared you more."

"Ok, touching me? That's just gross."

"Dirty minded," he grinned.

"I'm innocent." I remembered I was mad at him and cut the banter. "Where are we?"

"Georgia," He simply said.

My eyes sprang all the way open to this answer. "Georgia? You've got to be fucking kidding me! You're for real?"

Damon said his next words real slowly, as if I couldn't understand him, "Seriously, we're in Georgia. How ya feeling?"

"Mentally or physically?" I groaned out.

Damon ignored my question. "There's no broken bones. I checked."

"That was not my question, Damon."

"Alright, Emily, I'm sorry. I do shit I don't have to do, and I'm sorry that shit involved you. Happy?" He apologized, the lamest apology I have ever heard in my life.

"Not even close, but it would be a long ride if I gave you the silent treatment, which I perfect. I'll just wait until we are at Mystic Falls, and I can avoid you." I beamed at my idea, but it killed me on inside to say I planned to avoid him.

"You wouldn't last five minutes," He argued.

"You, Mr. Salvatore, think too highly of yourself." It was true.

"And for good reason too." That was true too. Was I ever going to say it? Hell to the no.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, my car, there was a man, I hit a man. It was pretty fun. But then he got up, and... who was that?"

"That's what I would like to know," Damon replied.

"I thought you were all knowing?" I questioned.

He looked over at me and smirked. "Only on Fridays."

"Where is my phone? We really need to go back. Nobody knows where I am. And that is a damn shame. Pull over." But he was making no attempts to stop, or even slow down. "I mean it, Damon. I will slap you. Again. Pull over!" He still was driving full speed. "Stop the damn car!"

"Oh you were so much more fun when you were asleep," He said as he began to slow down.

"Pedophile."

"You take things way too literal," He commented.

"I did not ask for your opinion." I got out the car and leaned over stretching out my back that was aching.

Damon sped over to me and put a hand in my back for support. "Hey."

I gave him an odd look. It's not like him to care. "I'm fine and dandy," I reassured him. He slowly took his hand off, and immediately I wanted it back on. "We have to go back. I'm sure I have about 10 missed calls from Jeremy for not giving him his daily dose of Emily. Also I probably have 20 calls from Christian. God, he's obsessed with me."

"Who's Christian?" Damon asked a jealous tone to his voice that he would never admit to.

"I forgot you were new here. You wouldn't understand," I teased trying my best to seem mysterious.

Damon sighed. "Oh come on. Look. We've already come this far."

"And now you are taking me back." I gestured my hands towards the way Mystic Falls was headed.

"That seems counterproductive," He stated.

I shrugged at his words, "And it seems I don't care. Why are you doing this? I can't be in Georgia. I wrecked my car. I have to go home. This is kidnapping!"

Damon rolled his eyes. "That's a little melodramatic, don't you think?

"I think I'm being the right amount of dramatic considering you have kidnapped me," I mentioned.

"I prefer the words saved your life."

I shook my head stubbornly. "You can't do this. I'm not going to Georgia."

"Well, you're in Georgia," He stated simply.

"Then I will walk to the border of Georgia and will not take a step inside back inside here. " I went to walk away but Damon caught my arm.

"You don't have your magical little bracelet, I might add. I can very easily make you...agreeable." He raised his eyebrows.

I whirled around to face him. "Is that a threat I hear?"

Damon just shrugged at me pretending to be all innocent when he was anything but that. "Just an observation."

"I'm keeping my eyes on you." Damon winked at me. I groaned. "What are you trying to prove?"

"That you can forgive me," Damon smiled.

"This is not the way to go about it!" All of a sudden Coldplay started to play and I knew it was Stefan. "That's my phone."

Damon looked at my phone. "Mmm. It's your boyfriend." I knew he was lying, because I set Coldplay as the ringtone for Stefan, but I went along with it anyway.

"Christian?!" I asked hopefully.

"Did I say boyfriend? I meant sisters boyfriend," He teased. I playfully smacked his shoulder.

I threw my hands up in the air. "I should've known!"

"I'll take it. Emily's phone!" Obviously Stefan was saying something, because Damon started to smirk. "Emily? She's right here. And, yes, she's fine," He said in a sexy sort of way. He blew a kiss to me. I pretended to catch it, then threw it right back at him making a face. He put the phone on speaker.

Stefan's frantic voice and Elena's pacing were heard on the other end. "Where are you? Let me speak to her." Damon held out the phone fore me to take but I roughly shook my head.

"Yeah. I don't...I don't really think she wants to talk to you right now. Or anyone for that matter," Damon spoke into the receiver.

"Damon, I swear to God, if you touch her..." Stefan trailed off.

Damon smirks. Again. "We've already talked about that. You have a good day. Mm-hmm. Bye-now." Damon then hung up.

"Oh I can just imagine it now," I commented.

"What? How Stefan's reacting?"

"No," I replied acting like Damon was dumb when his reply was a legitimate answer, "The pizza waiting for me at home. Which we will be going back to."

Damon scoffed. "Yeah, ok."

"Look, no one knows where I am. Can you please not be a dick for once, and we can just go back?"

"My dick is too big for that." He winked.

I put my hands over my eyes even though nothing happened. "Woah! Hold up there. No one wants to see it."

"Everyone wants to see it," He bragged.

"Trust me on this one, they don't." I stomped my foot on the ground. "Just take me home where my pizza is waiting!"

"We're almost there," He said taking ahold of my shoulders to stop me from moving. I was afraid he was going to compel me.

"Where is there?! It better be a place with better pizza than the one at my house!"

Damon chuckled. "A little place right outside of Atlanta."

"Atlanta! That's just so far," I whined.

"Well not now." I groaned. "Oh, come on, Emily. You don't wanna go back right now. Do you? What's the rush?" He asked me seriously.

"God damn it Damon! How many times do I have to tell you that there is pizza waiting for me?" I replied giving him a non serious answer.

"Time-out. Trust me. Your problems are still going to be there when you get home. Including your pizza."

"You promise?"

"I promise." But he looked skeptical.

"No. I want the pizza now!"

"Look. Step away from your life for five minutes. Five minutes!" Damon continued trying to persuade me.

"Ooooo. Who's life do I get? Jennifer Lopez? Selena Gomez?" He gave me a half stern look and a half amused look. "Am I gonna be safe with you?"

"Yes." He looked serious. I hope he was.

"You promise not to do that mind control thing with me?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure cause you have said that before," I mentioned.

"I'm sure. Anymore questions?"

"One more," I said. "Can I trust you?"

He placed his hands on my face, and looked dead serious for his next answer, "You can trust me."

"You see, I don't even trust the way you now just said I could trust you!" I exclaimed, wiggling myself out of his grip.

"Emily, there will be alcohol involved." I perked up at that statement.

"Well why didn't you just say so?" And I hopped back in the car.

A/N

I know this chapter is short but I have some big ideas coming so buckle up! I chose Drive by Halsey for this chapter. I chose this song, because of the tension between Damon and Emily. They are ignoring the fact that they have feelings towards one another, which is actually frustrating for me.

See you Monday,

Xoxo

Updated// June 12, 2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 5.7K 44
Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in school and on the cheerleading squad sta...
85K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
191K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
210K 5.2K 48
One car crash changed her life forever. Jessica Gilbert was a normal teenage girl, she and her sister were cheerleaders, they had tons of friends, an...