Guys Our Age (Wattys2017) (UN...

By ChasingMadness24

Hannah and Hailey; identical twins with one truly terrifying thing in common. Their father is the Sex Ed t... More

AN/COPYRIGHT
Cast
Prologue (Hannah)
Prologue (Hailey)
Chapter 1: First Day (Hailey)
Chapter 2: Cake By The Ocean (Hannah)
Chapter 3: Stay With Me (Hailey)
Chapter 4: In The Night (Hannah)
Chapter 5: What I Didn't Say (Hailey)
Chapter 6: Playing With Fire (Hannah)
Chapter 7: Me & My Girls (Hailey)
Chapter 8: Little Things, Big Problems (Hannah)
Chapter 9: Young and Reckless (Hailey)
Chapter 10: Alex From Target (Hannah)
Chapter 11: Late Night Talks (Hailey)
Playlists
Chapter 13: Just One Yesterday (Hailey)
Chapter 15: Get Your Head In The Game (Hannah)
Chapter 16: Training Wheels (Hailey)
Chapter 17: Life Is A Highway (Hannah)
Chapter 18: Living In Denial (Hailey)
Chapter 19: Unsteady (Hannah)
Chapter 20: Red Faced (Hailey)
Chapter 21: I Hate You, I Love You (Hannah)
Chapter 22: Champagne in Paper Cups (Hailey)
Chapter 22 pt2: Champagne In Paper Cups (Hannah)
Chapter 23: Awkward, Morning & Night (Hailey)
Chapter 24: Raise Your Glass (Hannah)
Chapter 25: Empty Halls and White Walls (Hailey)
Chapter 26: These Four Walls (Hannah)
Chapter 27: Break My Heart (Hailey)
Chapter 28: Fix a Heart (Hannah)
Chapter 29: Living On The Edge (Hailey)
Chapter 30: Gone, Gone, Gone (Hannah)
Chapter 31: We All Fall Down (Hailey)
Chapter 32: When You Wish Upon a. . . (Hannah)
Chapter 33: The Happiest Place On Earth (Hailey)
Chapter 34: I Just Want To Be A Real Girl (Hannah)
Chapter 34: 'Tis The Season To Feel Guilty (Hannah)
Chapter 35: The Devil's Tale (Hannah)
Chapter 36: Sisters Before Misters (Hailey)
Chapter 37: White Christmas (Hannah)
Chapter 38: Playing House (Hailey)
Chapter 39: Just Hold On, I'm Going Home (Hannah)
Chapter 40: Talk To You Later (Hailey)
Chapter 41: Night Changes (Hannah)
Chapter 42 pt 1: Under The Stars (Hailey)
Chapter 42 pt2: Because Of You (Hannah)
In The Light (Hailey)
Chapter 44: Walking The Wire (Hannah)
Chapter 44: Picture Perfect (Hailey)
Chapter 45: Piece By Piece (Hannah)
Chapter 46: Congratulations & Johnny's A Pervert
Chapter 47: Shut Up and Listen, Moron
Chapter 48: One Last Time (Hailey)
Chapter 49: Goodbye Means Forgetting (Hannah)
Epilogue: To Forever (Hailey)
Epilogue: Forever Isn't Long Enough (Hannah)
Break Our Hearts

Chapter 12: I Want It That Way (Hannah)

2.4K 128 57
By ChasingMadness24

"It's so hot!" Hailey groaned, collapsing on the bench between us. Justin laughed from the other side of me, Soph looked ready to push Hailey onto the hard floor beneath our feet.

"It's because you're playing with Mason." I commented, "And playing with Mason gets you hot and bothered." My sister gave me such a dark look I was sure she was about to slap me. Thankfully Mason jogged over to us and patted her head like she was a Golden Retriever.

"I told her she wouldn't last, but she didn't listen." Mason sighed, crossing his arms over his chest to reveal the outline of his biceps. I saw Sophia's eyes widen, her lips parting. I looked away and at Justin, grinning.

"I want to play." I said, starting to push myself off his lap. He tugged me back down, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"The only guy you can play with is me." The dirty comment sent warmth through my cheeks as I kissed him gently and pried myself off of him.

"Banks! Toss it over here!" I slid out of my sweatshirt and tossed it back at Sophia and my sister, holding my hands out for the ball.

Mason was dribbling it back and forth between his hands, a taunting look on his face.

"Come and get it."

*

By the time we climbed into Mason's truck, I was drenched in sweat. Mason didn't look too much better, and considering my sister was in the seat beside him, I'm sure he was completely aware of it. I was just glad Justin had agreed to meet us there; I didn't want him anywhere near me when I was this sweaty.

"How's everything at home?" Hailey whispered, taking her eyes off her lap for a moment and glancing over at her best friend.

"It's fine, I guess. The same." He shrugged, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, "What are the chances of your dad letting me shower at your place?" I snickered, rubbing my forehead as I looked back and forth between them.

"That'll happen when hell freezes over." I responded,laughing. My sister smiled a little, but I could tell something was bugging her.

She had been quiet since I'd taken her position in playing basketball with Mason. Sophia had said it was probably just a passing thing, but I'd ask her about it the second we got home.

"So, Hannah." Mason sparked up a conversation when he realized Hailey didn't seem to be in the mood to talk. "You've got a nice body. Care to tell me if Hailey's is as great?" I didn't know whether to be flattered, offended, or disgusted, so I smacked his arm.

"Sorry, that was kind of a creep comment, wasn't it?" He was laughing quietly under his breath, letting me know just how apologetic he really felt about the question.

"When are you going to tell her?" I whispered, my eyes drifting toward my sister as she dozed off, her head bobbing slight against the dewy window.

"I don't know what you mean." He cleared his throat, "I already told her about the art galle-"

"Mason, you know what I mean." I flicked the side of his head.

"I don't." He looked irritated, his eyes now everywhere except me.

"Mason Adam Banks, stop being in such denial." I shook his shoulders, contemplating with the thought of banging his head against the seat. "You love her."

"Of course I love her."

"As more than a friend." I added, starting to get annoyed myself. He shifted the car into park once we were in the driveway, shaking his head.

"Just leave it alone, Hannah. Please." For a second, the tough goofball exterior broke and I saw Mason finally let his guard down.

He looked exhausted. His eyes were half shut, his cheeks flushed, even his hair was a mess. Somehow I knew it wasn't from the game of basketball we had just played.

"She's my sister, Mason." I glanced back over my shoulder at her, "I'm only doing what I believe is best for her. And seeing her hurting when you got on that date with Ella is not going to sit well with me, alright?" He dropped his head.

"You-"

"Don't tell me you can't tell, Mason. She loves you, stop playing coy to this whole God damn thing. Are you really going to go on that date when she's the one you're meant to be with." His hands gripped the steering wheel, draining of color.

"Get out, Hannah." He said quietly, his eyes on the dark road ahead of us.

"Mas-"

"I said get out!" I blinked in surprise, feeling Hailey stir awake behind me. I swallowed, shaking my head and heading for the window in back. I forced it open and crawled through the small space and onto the tool box before my sister could ask any questions.

I hoped she had only been pretending to be asleep, that she had heard every word we'd said and would realize that Mason returned her feelings. But I knew that wasn't possible, she had almost slept through an entire thunderstorm multiple times. A little whispering would be the furthest thing from waking her up.

"Hey, there, sweetie!" Dad greeted me at the door as Justin's car slowed to a stop by the curb.

"Where's Ha-"

"She's in the truck." I made a gesture toward Mason's old pick-up over my shoulder, "Don't worry, Daddy. I'm sure they won't be doing anything. Ever."

*

Dad allowed Justin and Mason to stay for dinner, which was a genuine surprise to Hailey and me. He had only had Justin over once before, and it had been to meet him.

Even more surprising, he allowed Mason to use the shower in his room to clean up. Of course it stopped there, and he forced Hailey and Justin to stay in the living room while I went to shower myself.

I laid my head against the wall once I was in, shutting my eyes as the warm drops of water rolled down my cheeks. It was then, in the shower, where nobody could see me, I cried.

I cried for the mother that had been here for years, but left when we needed her the most. I cried for the mom that would be able to talk sense into Dad, to see the pain and anger that he still held in his once kind, beautiful green eyes.

The mom that would have been able to knock some sense into my sister and allow her to be the one that could be happy for once.

*

It was strange to see Dad and the boys have common ground watching an old basketball game on TV. Watching them, it seemed like maybe things would continue to go smoothly. That Dad would learn to accept that we were growing up, that I had a boyfriend and Hailey. . . and Hailey would soon.

Of course the magic had to be ruined by the game ending and Dad trying to usher the boys out of the house.

"Maybe they can spend the night?" I tried, seeing Hailey's eyes grow a fraction at the suggestion.

"No, Han-"

"Dad, please. All of us will sleep in one room so you know no funny business is going on." I felt Hailey beside me, nodding in encouragement.

"Yeah, Dad. Please! Please!" With both of us giving him the best pleading look we could, he sighed and caved in, waving his hand in the air.

"Sure. Go ahead." Hailey and I both threw our arms around his waist and hugged him.

"Thank you, Daddy!" I ducked away from my sister as Mason crossed the room to approach her. I took Justin's hand and dragged him back toward my bedroom, considering it was a little bigger than my sister's.

"Thank you." Justin whispered once we were alone, brushing a strand of my blonde hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear, "You didn't have to do that. Your dad could have grounded you or something." I shrugged, closing the gap between us. I rested my head against his chest, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I'm tired of you getting hurt, Justin." I said.

"It's not your problem though, babe. I don't want to drag you into my issues, my life. You're the one I run to when I feel I have no way out." I pulled away when I heard Hailey's happy voice echoing through the hallway.

Justin helped me grab my mattress and set it on the floor while Hailey and Mason dragged hers in and set it sideways so it would fit.

I fell back onto my bed beside Justin, keeping my distance from my sister. I laid there, tossing and turning, hours after the three of them had fallen asleep. I kept my eyes on the roof, trying my best to clear my thoughts so I could finally get some sleep. My mind had other ideas.

"Stop." Justin grumbled, snaking his arm around my waist to keep me in place.

"Hannah, what's going on?" Justin propped himself up on his elbow, his eyes barely open, "You've been tossing and turning all night."

"I. . . I think Coach Fuller raped Sophia." I whispered.

"What?" He shook his head, eyes wide open now, "What do you mean? You can't just go around accusing-"

"Soph told me, Justin. But she said she allowed it, that he didn't force himself on to her. But I think he did. I. . . I think she's lying." He nodded, reaching over to rest his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay, Han. Just calm down, we can talk-"

"I think. . . I think I saw my mother." I lowered my voice so it was barely audible. Justin sat up, his eyes roaming my face for any sort of sign that I may be losing my mind.

"What?"

"When I was working. At Target. I. . . I don't remember a lot about her and Dad doesn't talk too much about anything relating to her. But her eyes. . . she had our eyes, Justin." He blinked a few times, my words sinking in.

"What are you going to do?" he eventually whispered, "Are you going to tell Hailey or your dad?" I shook my head, feeling my eyes stinging with tears.

"I can't. I can't do that to them. Especially if it wasn't her." He nodded, pulling me into his warm embrace a few seconds later, his face nuzzled against my neck.

"I understand. They would understand too, Han. And we. . . we can talk about Soph in the morning. Right now, you need some sleep, love. You look like you've been up for days." I buried my face against his shoulder, shaking my head again.

"I'm not good at keeping secrets, especially from Hailey." I breathed out, my voice muffled by his shoulder. He kissed the side of my head, a strained sigh leaving him.

"You always want to do what's right for her, Han. And if that's keeping everything a secret, keeping her in the dark, than so be it. Sometimes the only way to protect the people we love is to sacrifice a little of ourselves in the process."  

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let us know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...
529K 15.3K 52
When Phoebe's mom eloped on her single parents cruise her entire world was turned upside down. She had to move, gained a step- brother, and had to pu...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
1M 16.8K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...