Roses on the Sidewalk {HP}

By SnowingMoon

Rose Weasley was always a good girl. She followed the rules. But when a mystery unfolds during her fifth year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - The End

Chapter 25

1.6K 41 7
By SnowingMoon

A/N: RIGHT BIG BIG BIG SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR SO LONG... I'M REALLYYYYY SORRY. But here's a new chaoter (I took ages to write it and I'm still not satisfied but here goes...)

CHAPTER 25

Basically, if you pair a Slytherin and a Gryffindor, and they walk into to a crowded hall together willingly, what you get is an overall gasp. And I can prove it, because that is exactly what happened, not to mention the pointing and whispering. Maybe I should have posted an announcement saying Beware: Slytherin and Gryffindor going to ball together. 

Even worse, Weasley and Malfoy going to ball together. 

I scowled as a couple of fourth years (who probably sneaked in along with Lily) pointed and whispered. I was about to whip out my wand and hex them all when Scorpius started laughing. Yes, I did say laughing. I had to check once or twice myself.

 "Are you okay?" I ask warily, eyeing him. 

He smiles and nods. "Just peachy. You?"

"I'm good..." I answer, keeping my voice steady and trying to hide the fact taht I'm despratly trying to hide from James.

Merlin, I better find him before he finds me. He'll probably murder me though. I mean he'll murder Scorpius first. Then me. Then he'll just go off to find something to eat. 

My eyes darted around the crowded room; the stage was occupied by a few people, including Lucy who apparently managed to get in because she was in the band. I didn't even know she knew how to play an instrument. 

Just as I thought that, she looked around, a faint smile playing on her lips and jumped off the stage, with her ballerina grace and walked away towards Lily, who was staring at me. I chose to ignore her and decided to take in the room, which was brightly decorated.

The cealing shown brght with stars and shining christmas lights which were hung around. A few trees poped up here and there, one right over the table we were standing by. It's foliage was long, like a willows' and covered us partially. Flowers were glinding in the air, perfuming the whole room. The food table was oppposite to where we were, and I scanned it looking for my lovely cousins. Obviously that would be the place to be, for the boys, at least. 

Sure enough, Fred was leaning against a corner of the so called feast and smirking at the girl in front of him, probably trying to charm her into something. Yes, he's using what he calls a 'Jack Sparrow smirk'. Don't even ask me why, I only know it's based off some pirate he liked when he was a kid. Apparently, it was for when he was in desprate need of something. I've grown to ignore his little smirks and tricks. Sadly, this girl hasn't. 

She's blushing, and batting her eyes flirtaciously, enjoying the games he plays. 

James, on the other hand, is no where to be seen.

Music starts floating up from the stage- it's only the 'school band' which is composed by five people. They are actually pretty good, and Bianca, who is playing the keyboard, is the best musician in the school. 

Scorpius smiles at me, and I smile back nervously, twisting my bracelet around my wrist. He offers me his arm and that's when I realise how awkward I really am. I take it and we walk onto the dance floor where many people have already migrated to.

"Want to dance?" he asks rather timidly (for scorpius at least) and I eye him scornfully. 

"Don't you know by now I'm possibly the worst dancer on the fase of the earth?" I ask sorryfully, and he grins. "Can't we just sit down for now?"

"I suppose..." he answers, but as soon as slower music starts playing he demands that I get up an dance with him; "Well you owe me this! For all that dancing class, which my foot payed for dearly by the way." 

After that, I couldn't say no. So, we walked (more like wobbled, in my case, but that's not important) onto the dance floor, which was illuminated with shades of blue and white, causing the effect of what looked like small round snow falling gently over everyone. 

Scorpius's hand slips around my waist, and I stand rather stifly for a while. Eventually, I do relax, and focus on listening to the music, and not the fact that I'm trying not to slip in my heels and look like a complete idiot in front of Scorpius. 

After you got past all that it was actually quite enjoyable. Scorpius was a good dancer; I let him lead me smoothly, and thankfully, I managed to stay on my feet. 

"See, Rosey Posey, I'm not that bad a dancer, am I?" he whispers into my ear, and I smile. 

"Not at all, Scorpy Porky." I keep myself from laughing, and try to keep a straigh face but I fail miserably, especially when I look at Scorpius's horrified expression. I start giggling like a little girl and have to bite my lip to stop it. 

"Do not ever call me that ever again." 

I cock my head. "Why? Don't you like my nickname for you, Scorpi?" I joke, swaying as a music I know well starts playing- it's a song my dad likes, and when I was small he used to let me 'dance' with him my stepping on his feet and letting him walk around. 

"I won't use that nickname if you agree not to use 'Rosey Posey'." I continue. He smiles; his eyes change colours constantly, because of the flashing lights around us which reflect his eyes.

"Deal," he agrees, grinning. "Want to spit on it?"

"Oh gross!" I shiver, laughing. That's when I notice James glaring at me from the other side of the room. My hand must have gripped Scorpius more tightly then, because his expression changes.

"You okay?" he asks and I nod, swallowing. I'm fine. I mean, James isn't my Dad, so it doesn't matter what he thinks. 

"Yeah, I'm just thirsty," I tell him. Well then, seeing as we are on the topic I might as well use the classic excuse of 'fetching a drink'. 

"Right, I'll go get some drinks right? Butterbeer?" I nod and smile thankfully. As soon as he is gone, James comes fuming towards me and I wince, hoping he doesn't murder me. 

"Hello, Jamiie..." I say sweetly, sitting down on a nearby table. He eyes me seriously, and wags his finger in my face as if I were a misbehaving child. Which, might I add, I am not, especially since  I am 15 for Merlin's sake and because I am not even his sister and can date whoever I like. 

"Don't you jamie me, Rose! What are you doing with that little Slytherin brat? Why didn't you tell me? HOw come everyone knows and I don't?" he inquires and I sigh. Of course he's demanding everything now. And the only people who knew were Albus, Bex, Lily, Lucy, Roxanne and Andrew (yes I did eventually tell other people- Roxanne actually approved, saying I needed a rebel in my life). 

I start twirling my hair around my index finger and bite my lip. How can I even answer him? "James, come on, you don't even know Scorpius. And I didn't tell you because you would get all heated up, like this!" 

James blinks and bliks again staring at me blankly. I consider turning around and walking away but I better well deal with this now rather than later. Instead, James turns around himself and walks towards Fred, who holds a glass to his lips and is talking to some girl, but tuns when James reaches him, casting me a look which said: Why did you have to drag me into this?

By now I'm getting pretty stressed out as well, especially with James. Why does he think he can control my life, and do whatever the bloody hell he feels like because he's older, eventhough he doesn't act as so? He can't do anything about it and he should just learn to deal with it. Scorpius arrives and offers me some butterbeeer tentavly.

"Butterbeer?" 

I manage to compose myselff and take the Butterbeer, draining almost the whole cup before setting it down on the table. 

"Is James planning to murder me?" Scorpius asks, leaning in, a twinkle in his eyes. I roll my eyes, but smile and shake my head. 

"If he did, I would've hexed him, so don't you worry," I say, looking away from where James went and looking for Bex on the dancefloor. 

"Oooh a protective girlfriend- I feel so safe." Scorpius mocks, leaning back on his chair. I snort and sip more of my drink. "Do you like me?"

His question is so sudden, I am quiet for a moment. His eyes challenge me, dancing as the flashing lights hit them, colouring them in winter tones. Did I like him? Did I feel jealous when I saw him with some other girl (like Jade for instance)? Did I not smile whenever we talked, wherever he walked by and brushed against my arm? My answer hesitated to push past my lips so I smiled mischeviously and simply told him: "Maybe I do."

"Do you really, Weasley?"

And that's when the scream echoes through the Great Hall. And all the lights go out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 187 19
Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy have always had an interesting relationship to say the least. Hate is a strong word, but they've never been friends...
24.4K 741 15
Rose Weasley, the daughter of the famous Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, is starting her seventh and final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft an...
179K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...
117K 3.4K 34
Romance blossoms between Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley in their seventh year when they are made head boy and head girl. But after a mass breakout...