Black Butler and the Modern R...

By goldenscares666

When home alone, Y/N has a strange encounter with a man claiming to be a television god, who grants her the a... More

God of the Television
Street Performance
The Queen's Butler
Performer's Permit
Cackling Coffins
Growing Suspicions
Jack the Ripper
Superiority
The Alternative I
Devilish Performance
Damn Angels
Be Our...
Afterparty
The Return
Village of Dogs
Fun in the Sun
How to Train Your Demon Hound
Frost Fair
Cold as Ice
Dolls of Death
Knotted Up Strings
His Master, Impure
Build Him Up With... What The Hell?
Street Brawling Butlers
Evenly Matched
A Depressing Game of Old Maid
The Deer in the Black Tailcoat
Plans for the Exhibition
Arthur's Request
Crystal Palace Performance
Delicious Dishes of Curry
Kali Has Risen
A King in an Isolated Castle
Ciel, but Without Sebastian
Acceptance of Forgotten Pain
Possession of the Static Noise
In-Between the Colorbars
My Deepest Apologies
This Chapter's Called: Sebastian Can't Keep It In His Pants, Apparently
Chase Through the Reaper's Library
When Tragedy Stikes
The Funeral
The Dead Becomes the Living
Santa is a God
Transforming
Adventure in France
London Is Burning Down
JuDgMeNt DaY
Ashes To Ashes
A New Day
The Doctor Is In
The Alternative II
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Freak Show
Guess I'm a Freak
After The Show
The Caged Performer
Break Out
The Book of Spells
Stormy Night
Final Chapter: Servants
!Attention!

Surprise Visitor

21.3K 752 683
By goldenscares666

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

Midway through devouring a wonderful lunch of pheasant breasts with pomegranate glaze, Sebastian suddenly swings open the door to the room, clearly in a big hurry. When our attention is brought to him, he speaks.

"Pardon my intrusion, young master, but it appears we have an unexpected guest." The next thing we know, some chick is screaming,

"CIELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!" The sound gets louder the closer they get. That high-pitched voice is unmistakable.

'Oh, shit! It's Lizzy!' Elizabeth soon races through the doorway all the way to Ciel. She then proceeds to pounce on the young Earl, nearly knocking him out of his chair. She clings to the boy tightly while giggling. I have to admit, the sight is both adorable and hilarious. I cover my mouth to block my laughter as Ciel scolds the young lady.

"Elizabeth, I have a guest!" He shouts in order to grab the girl's attention. His face is completely red in embarrassment and slight anger. Lizzy pulls away from the boy with a pout on her lips, her blonde curls bouncing whenever she moves.

"Ciel, how many times do I have to tell you?! Call me Lizzy!" Seeing as she had yet to comprehend that her betrothed is a little busy as the moment, I cough falsely into my fist. The sound causes them to turn their gaze towards me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we are a little busy at the moment," I say politely with a smile on my lips. Elizabeth's eyes widen in realization, and her cheeks turn a light pink in embarrassment.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I had no idea!" She apologizes profusely as she completely releases Ciel from her grasp. She stands as a proper lady should, which was an interesting change in behavior. I chuckle and wave her off.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me any." Lizzy appears relieved by this, and the bright smile returns to her face. Ciel clears his throat in order to regain composure as Sebastian comes to his side to fix his clothes, which had shifted when Elizabeth squeezed the living daylights out of him.

"Miss Y/N, this is E—" The Earl is cut off by me as I get out of my seat to surprise the girl with a friendly hug.

"Elizabeth Midford, it's so lovely to meet you! Although, I suppose you like to be called Lizzy, right?" The child blinks rapidly a few times to comprehend what I've done. I should've guessed that most people wouldn't act this way towards nobility even if they are just children. I just couldn't help myself, though. She's just so freaking cute!

"I'm sorry, but have we met before?" She asks, confused, while she tilts her head. I can practically see the gears in her head turning, trying to figure out if we've been in each other's presence before. I giggle at this and pull away.

"Nope, I just happen to know who you are. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"Oh, no, that's all right! I was just a little confused, that's all," she says with a smile returning to her face. "And, it's nice to meet you as well, Y/N."

"Lady Elizabeth?" The young lady hums and turns her head towards the butler in black, that now stands by her side with a fake, friendly smile on his face. Of course, it fools her.

"Perhaps you'd like to wait in the garden until their business is done?"

"Oh, right." She nods her head at the tall male. "That sounds lovely!" With a nod of his head, Sebastian escorts Elizabeth out of the room and closes the door behind them. I then turn to Ciel while taking my seat again.

"Your cousin is really nice," I comment, while continuing to eat the cooked pheasant on my plate. I don't want to eat it once it gets cold; it's much too delicious warm. Ciel's lucky he can eat like this all day. The young Earl raises a brow at me and narrows his eyes in suspicion.

"How did you know she's my cousin?"

"I know lots of things, Ciel. Lots. Of. Things." I smile innocently at the boy, sparking his anger. Honestly, I didn't expect him to lose it so quickly. I figured he'd be more patient. Then again, it is me he's dealing with. "I mean, personally, I think the whole 'getting married to your cousin' thing is a little..." I hiss through my teeth, waving my hand around. "But different time, different obligations, I guess... Still weird, though. No offense. She's a nice girl, don't get me wrong—"

"Enough of this babbling!" He shouts firmly. "From now on, I demand that you give me straight answers. Explain to me how you know so much!" I gulp, squeezing Teddy a little tighter in my arms. I take a deep breath to keep myself calm as I respond to his demands.

"All right, sit down before your top blows. I'll tell you whatever you'd like." Ciel sighs and has a seat in the chair he had previously sat in. He props his elbows up on the table and laces his fingers together as his blue eye pins to me. The boy waits patiently for me to continue.

"Let's see... I guess the first thing you should know is that I'm not from around here."

"Yes, you've already told me that."

"Yeah, but what I mean is that I'm not only from another country. I'm also from a completely different world and time."

"That's impossible," he claims, confusion written on his features.

"I know. I'm still wrapping my head around it. The story of how I'm able to get here is also strange. Some man came out of my T.V. and said I can go to a this dimension whenever I please. I honestly thought he was a little looney at first, but here I am."

"What's a T.V.?"

"Oh, right. You don't have those yet, huh?" I scratch the back of my head while trying to think of a way to explain how the electronic works. "It's this box that has moving pictures on it. It's something that entertains people, like a..." I hum trying to think of an example, snapping my fingers when it finally comes to me.

"Play. Anyway, that's not exactly important right now. Where I'm from, you're world is like one, big show. With the T.V., I'm able to see what goes on in your life, as well as the lives of others. It's how I know about the reapers, Elizabeth, and even what Sebastian is." I can see that it takes Ciel a moment to process what I've told him, for his wide, blue eye stares into space for a good minute before he rubs his temples with his eye shut. I can't help laughing at the boy.

"Awe, poor baby. Did I give you a migraine?" I say with a higher tone, like I'm treating him like a child. Ciel glares at me for the insulting voice I made, which makes me smile wider.

"Is there anything else I should know about this?" I nod my head to confirm that I have more information.

"I'm able to switch between my dimension and yours whenever I want using this." I pull the remote out of my pocket and hold it up for him to see.

"When I first performed here, I caught the Queen's eye and became her personal performer as well as her eyes on the street. Personally, I don't understand why, but who am I to question her decisions? Now, if we're all done here, I really need to use the... Bathroom? Facilities? Well, whatever the heck you Brits call it, I need to use it." The earl's eye twitches, his face becoming a light shade of pink.

"There's one just down the hall, four doors on your right."

"Thank you," I say, relieved. I really have to go! I pocket the remote and leave Teddy to sit in my seat before exiting the room at a hurried pace. I try not to take too long, though, this bathroom is freaking beautiful. I head back, silently wishing I could be as rich as Ciel. Yes, my parents make quite a large sum of money, but not enough to own a place this big and fancy. I bet I'd never see them if they made that sort of cash. They'd be out working 24/7 if that were the case. When I come back to the room, Ciel stands from his chair.

"I want you to show me this other dimension of yours. I want to make sure you aren't coming up with some elaborate story."

"Well, to be honest, I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea. I mean, what if I screw up the timeline somehow? What if your head explodes from having an overload of information on future technology. It just doesn't sound like a smart idea to me."

"You are going to take me there, regardless of what might happen, otherwise I'm going to assume you've been lying to me entirely and have Sebastian "take care" of you. Since you claim to already know what sort of person he is, I'd imagine you know he will not make things pleasant." I gulp at his threat and hold up my hands in surrender. This boy, man, he's freaking mean.

"All right, all right, I get it! Just call your fine ass butler up here, and we'll go."

"Ladies shouldn't speak such vulgar language. You should watch your mouth."

'Oh, how can I resist being a smart-ass?' I purse my lips and cross my eyes in attempts to see them.

"I don't think I can." I can't help but grin when I look back at the angry preteen in front of me. His face is turning cherry red.

"Sebastian!" He shouts loudly. The butler dressed in his usual tailcoat walks in not a moment later.

"Is there something wrong, young master?"

"We are going with Y/N to visit her home. She claims to be from a different world, so I'm a bit intrigued to know is she's speaking the truth." The Earl's gaze then turns to me. "Well, then, shall we be off?" I nod my head and take the remote out of my coat pocket. I punch in the code to open the portal, making the wall closest to us glitch after completion. Figuring we're coming back, I decide leave Teddy in the chair I had been sitting in.

"All right, all you gotta do is grab my hands," I say while holding both my hands out towards them.

"What for?" Ciel questions with a raised brow. I pout at this. I don't actually know if they'll make it through with me or if they'd end up in a different place entirely. It'd just ease my mind by holding their hands. Of course, I'm not gonna bother explaining that to them. They might find it silly.

"Just do it," I say in a serious tone. Deciding not to press any further, the two join hands with me. I then yank all of us into the wall, and we go through. When we fall out of the television in the living room, we land hard on our backs. I hiss in pain before getting up and dusting myself off, even though I'm perfectly fine. The other two actually have a bit of difficulty getting up. Sebastian recovers faster than Ciel and helps the boy stand. His master's legs wobble slightly, so the boy leans against his butler some. I point behind me at the electronic we just shot out of.

"That's a T.V., Ciel. Take notes!" I shout before starting off explaining certain aspects of the future to them while showing them around the house. I'd answer whatever question the two had about the gadgets, and why I have so many paper and plastic cups, plates, and utensils in the cabinets. Washing dishes is a pain and a waste of time, in my opinion.

I'd rather throw stuff out than have to clean the dishes so often. Yeah, yeah, I'm bad for the environment. What else is new? When we return to the living room, I turn my heel to face the duo behind me with my hands firmly planted on my hips. A smile then comes to my face.

"There. Now you know I didn't lie to you. Happy?"

"This truly is the future?" Ciel mutters while gazing out the living room windows. It's nice and sunny out today, and the grass on all the lawns in the neighborhood are green and nicely cut. Well, all except for mine. I forgot to mow. It's still green, though, thanks to the sprinkler system.

"Don't let the prettiness fool you; the future is complete and utter crap if you ask me. We should probably head back now." I turn my head towards the television, which oddly shows the room we had our little conference in. Elizabeth had apparently been searching for her future husband and is currently in there. "Looks like Lizzy is looking for you." Ciel turns and sees what I'm talking about before sighing.

"I suppose you're right. Let us leave, then." Ciel holds his hand out to me, expecting me to grab it. I do, and Sebastian soon follows after I press the right buttons on the remote to send us back. We, thankfully, appear behind the blonde girl, so she hadn't seen us walk through the wall. Though, she did jump with a small squeak escaping her lips when she turned around and saw us standing there.

"Ah! When did you get here? I could've sworn this room was empty just a moment ago." She knits her brows together in confusion as she tries to figure out where we came from.

"Well, seeing as you have all the information you needed, I'm gonna head out. The day's still young, you know, and I'm in the mood to give another performance. Ciao!" They don't stop me from grabbing Teddy and leaving the room. I'm sure Ciel has to give Lizzy some excuse, and Sebastian had not been ordered to prevent me from leaving. However, I find myself a little surprised to find the butler walking beside me when I near the front entrance.

"Oh, hey, Sebastian. Did you need something?"

"Not at all. The young master figured you'd like a ride back to London rather than having to walk such a long distance back to the city."

"Oh, right. Thank you." I give him a smile, though, I swear the raven-haired male called me trash under his breath.

'Nah, that can't be right. I must be hearing things.' However, something tells me I'm not. The demon has been acting a little strange around me.

'What's his deal?'

*Ha! Deal! Because...because he's a demon. They make deals, and...I will not apologize for my puns no matter how bad they are!*

The entire ride back I spend by myself inside the coach, while Sebastian directed the horses up front. Seeing as I'll be alone for awhile, I decide to read that note Ash had given me earlier today. I take it out of its hiding spot and break open the wax seal before reading the contents of the letter.

'Dear Y/N,

My Guard Dog has informed me that you've had a hand in capturing Jack the Ripper. Well done, and thank you. I hope they didn't give you too much trouble. The purpose of this letter is not to congratulate you on your success on the case, though, know that I am quite pleased. I have a new task in for you.

I will be hosting a small dinner party with some important guests from France in only a few days, and I would like for you to be the entertainment for dinner that evening. I will pay you handsomely if you accept, of course. I will send Ash to come by your alley tomorrow morning to discuss plans for the event. I do hope you put on a good show for me.

Sincerely,

VRI.'

I can't help but smile as I pocket the note and stare out the window to view the passing trees on the Phantomhive property.

'It'll be a performance that'll knock their socks off!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.2K 4K 37
Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any sort, and she wasn't secretly the 'chose...
1K 17 36
This book follows the bigger parts of Undertaker's side of the manga/anime, mixed with my touch to the story. Spoiler Warning! I am a reaper.., I am...
2.8K 59 12
(Y/n) (L/n). To most she seems like a quiet and delicate young lady. She has been known to be friends with Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford, fia...
152K 4.3K 18
This is a Sebastian x Reader story and this is taken place in all of Black Butler. Also I do not own most of the characters or some of the plot they...