Catch Me If I Fall (Dancetale...

By Singeroftales

After a horrible accident sans misses his chance to enter into the biggest dance comp ever to take place in t... More

The Chance
The Fall
The Perfect Partner...?
The Agreement
The Internal Struggle
The Start
The First Practise
The Conversation Pt 1
The Conversation Pt 2
The First Dance
The Promise
The Announcement
The Talk
The Day I Met The Sword Wielding Fish Lady
The Past
The Roll Call
The Quarter-Finals
The Mentor
The Festival
The Lead Up
The 'Accident'
The Final Call
Quick A/N
The Day Out

The Last Night

1.1K 49 44
By Singeroftales

Sans yawned as the mid morning light shown through his window and onto his bed. After stretching he showered and changed before making his way downstairs.
Papyrus was cooking pasta while watching MTT TV. The glittery pink robot was holding a game show while fending of ninjas. Sans didn't even try to keep up with the obscurity of the show and instead poured himself a bowl of Temmie flakes.

"GOOD MORNING BROTHER. I AM PREPARING SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER TO GIVE YOU GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW'S PERFORMANCE!" Papyrus happily declared while stirring a large pot filled with something that only ever so slightly resembled spaghetti.

Sans grimaced, "thanks bro... maybe we could save the spaghetti for tomorrow night. we can eat it as a celebratory dinner."

Papyrus rubbed his chin thoughtfully before nodding, "GOOD IDEA BROTHER. THEN THE HUMAN COULD JOIN US AS WELL."

"good idea, bro. welp i better head of to work," Sans said.

Papyrus bid his brother goodbye after making a remark about slacking off instead of working which Sans chuckled at before taking a shortcut to one of his many booths.

-_- -_- -_-

Frisk was in a free session when she noticed a mix of students gathered around a computer. Many of the students at this school were monsters with only a few students being human, all of them beimg from the outer districts of the city of Ebbot meaning that there was a lack in newer technology. The presence of the laptop on its own was rather impressive for this reason, even if it was slightly battered and the screen cracked.

Frisk and MK (momster kid) decided to check out what the commotion was all about. As they approached they managed to pick up a few words such as 'Mettaton' and 'competition'.

"Hey Frisk, MK, come check this out," Fuku Fire, one of the senior students in Frisk's class, called out.
Frisk and MK joined her near the owner of the computer- a bunny-like monster. On the screen was a recorded MTT program with a montage of monsters and humans alike dancing.

MK gasped when he saw a blue toned fish-like monster dancing, "Omg that's Undyne!!! Look how cool she is~"

Frisk had to admit the warrior like fish woman was pretty amazing to watch but said nothing as she continued to watch. Mettaton's voice was playing over the top of the footage.

"We've had some highs in this competition~"

Images of amazing dancers played across the screen including a human who looked slightly similar to frisk, Undyne, a puppet looking monster and even a skeleton that looked to be Papyrus. Frisk watches wide eyed her mind working at a million miles a second.

'Wait is this the competition Sans was talking about? Is that really Papyrus? What happened for Sans to need to enter as a group?'

As if to answer here questions Mettaton's dramatic commentary continued, "But with it's highs comes it's lows~"

Frisk watched as a montage of monsters and humans alike screwed up their routines or were just plain bad. What shocked Frisk the most though was the moment when a familiar skeleton she knew popped up. She watched in horror as an almost amazingly perfect dance came crashing down (I'm sorry that was a pun) when Sans suddenly seemed to lose his footing and landed with an almighty thud. Though there wasn't any audio Frisk knew the fall had to be painful... and, in front of such a crowd, rather humiliating.

"But we aren't done yet darlings~ Tune in tomorrow night as we go through the preliminary rounds for our group contestants~" With those final words Mettaton switched to an ad break.

All the students broke out into excited chatter about their favourite dancers and who they heard was rumoured to be dancing tomorrow night.
Fuku Fire turned to Frisk and MK, flames dancing with excitement, "Isn't that so cool~ They say the show has taken over Ebbot with the highest ratings. Everyone who owns a tv will be watching tomorrow night."

MK replied just as eagerly bit Frisk did not hear a word. She was numb, so many people would be watching... and she would be on tv dancing with Sans.

MK nudged Frisk's shoulder, "Yo Frisk. You alright? You went kinda pale just now?"

Frisk nodded, "Yeah... I'm fine just a little tired."

-_- -_- -_-

Frisk waited out the front of the house for Sans and Papyrus to pick her up for their final practise before tomorrow night. Frisk was debating wether to tell Sans that she had seen his solo performance or not. She was afraid it might affect him negatively to remember the accident.

She was still debating when Sans appeared in front of her. Surprisingly he was alone.

"hey kiddo. it's just me tonight. paps had cooking lessons with a friend."

Frisk smiled and grabbed her dance bag, "Okay then. Guess it's just going tibia us tonight partner."

Sans chuckled before taking her hand and using a shortcut. When they arrived at the front of Grillbys, Sans reluctantly let go of Frisks hand.

The feeling was mutual for Frisk who had quietly being hoping he wouldn't let go.

"Well we better get started," Sans said as they entered the studio.

-_- -_- -_-

After a few runthroughs of the now tweaked and complete performance Frisk had realised both her and Sans were done for the night. They were both tired and it was too late to do much more on the dance. Frisk was still debating wether to tell Sans when they exited the building.

The thought was shoved aside when she noticed Sans staring at the dark sky and realised she wasn't ready to go home yet. If they failed tomorrow it would be the last time they could dance together.

Frisk looked up at the sky, sadly with the amount of smog and light pollution the stars weren't visible from where they were. An idea sprung into her head.

"Hey, Sans can we take a detour before we go to my place?" She asked.

Sans gave a surprised look, "sure kiddo, where did you have in mind."

Frisk gave him the coordinates and he nodded thinking the area seemed familiar before taking her hand as they made their way through the shortcut.

Sans was surprised when they walked out onto a little hill. The lights of Ebbot city were visible on the horizon.
Sans turned to see Frisk had seated herself on the grassy hill. She motioned for him to give her his hand. He complied and felt a soft tug as he was pulled gently onto the grass beside her. Frisk laid back and stared upwards at the sky. Following her lead Sans did the same, hands still entwined in hers.

Looking up he felt his breath catch in his throat. Above him was a star encrusted sky. Each glimmering light like a jewel. "Wow," he exclaimed softly. He felt Frisk gently squeeze his hand in agreement.

It had been years since Sans had gone star gazing. Looking up at the sky he couldn't quite remember why.

They lay there in silence, hands entwined, as they stared at the stars. Sans turned his head to stare at Frisk. He studied her face, its gentle curves, dazzling honey golden eyes, soft brown locks and her pink lips. She was just as breathtaking as the stars he decided. 'Why didn't i notice that sooner? No... you can't be thinking like this Sans. Your dance partners and that is all. She probably doesn't see you as anything else.'

He reluctantly turned his eyes from studying her face back to the sky. As the girl began to talk.
"Sans... promise me that we'll come back here again, no matter what happens," she pleaded softly.

Sans looked at her once more, their eyes meeting. He smiled softly, "of course kiddo."

Frisk smiled back at him before turning to view the sky once more.

I'd love to come here with you again Frisk,' Sans thought his soul fluttering ever so softly against his chest.

They stayed there a little longer before deciding it was best that Frisk return home.

Sans made sure she was inside before taking a shortcut home. He appeared in the lounge room of his and Papyrus's house. Papyrus himself was waiting in the kitchen, a raised eye socket pointed in Sans's direction, "WELL, WELL, WELL, LATW NIGHT TONIGHT WAS IT SANS~"

Sans face flushed blue as he turned away.

Papyrus made a squealing sound while twirling around on the spot, "YOU CAN'T FOOL ME BROTHER~ YOU LIKE THE HUMAN A LOT DON'T YOU!"

Sans wanted to curl up on a ball on the ground and die, "heh, seems you may be right bro... just don't say anything to frisk. i don't want to make her uncomfortable."

"HMMM, FINE THEN BROTHER BUT IF I WAS YOU I'D TELL HER SOONER THEN LATER," Papyrus told his brother before marching of to his room.

"NIGHT SANS~" Papyrus called as he closed his door.

"night paps," Sans said quietly before je also retired to his room, heads filled with thoughts of Frisk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 479 13
~~~ [COMPLETE] After being set free from Frisk, Chara finds herself shoved into a new life that she didn't ask for. She's cold and distant for days...
8.8K 211 55
It had been two years since your friends died in an awful accident, and when you finally think you're coming to terms with it, you get world shaking...
1K 57 13
Frisk awoken by one of her nightmare during a sleepover,the mourning over her long dead friend opened a door to a world known as the spirit world,her...
146K 4.5K 58
It's kind of a Sans x reader. I named the character. Oops. Welp, here we go! This has potential I promise. Just give it a chance. Please.