Finding The Missing Pieces

By NerdySilentBookworm

Melody Collins was an orphan who lost her memory. She grew up each day with the heavy torture of not knowing... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five

Chapter Four

5 1 0
By NerdySilentBookworm

I was sleeping in peace until grandma invaded my room like some sort of alien invader, pulling my lilac curtains aside to let some light in while singing a good morning to me. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. But she pulled the blanket away from me and dumped it into the laundry basket that was in her arms.

"Wake up darling" she said in a sing-song voice. "Maybe your forgetting something"

I almost jumped, sitting on my bed looking at the cream-colored vanity opposite my bed. My tangled and tousled hair and pale face being very obvious.

This is how a girl looks like when she wakes up in the morning. At least some of them.

I jumped out of bed and kissed gramma on the cheek saying good morning. Scrubbing my hands on my face as I made my way to the washing room to take a quick bath and brush my teeth. I grabbed my blue t-shirt and jeans from my closet and wore them in a snap. Well, not literally. Then, I fixed my hair into a lazy bun and put matching heart-shaped sapphire earrings on. I usually don't wear make-up on. My skin doesn't like it. Or maybe it's the opposite way.

I grabbed my bag from the desk and I jogged down the stairs and went to the counter, to start nibbling on my blueberry cream cheese toast. Grandpa was siting on the armchair with his legs crossed, reading the day's newspaper. As he noticed me finish my breakfast by gulping a glass of orange juice, he stood up and grabbed his car keys and walked towards me.

"Good morning darling"

"Good morning grandpa" I said in return.

When I opened the door, there was a lean figure leaning on a shiny, black Ferrari's passenger seat's door. He looked up and smiled that charming smile of his. I blinked a dozen times and pinched myself to see if I was dreaming.

"Good morning, Mr. Collins." He greeted grandpa, turning to me "Good morning, Elle" he said.

"Bash? What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"That's a nice way to greet a special friend." He said comically.

"Sorry. Good morning, special friend." I said embarrassingly playing along his jokes. "But you didn't answer my question."

"Well... I was hoping if I could... Give you a ride to school?" He said reluctantly with his cheeks flushing a slight tinge of pink. "If Mr. Collins would allow it of course." He added in a rush. 

Grandpa nudged his elbow at my arm. I rubbed it mouthing an 'ouch' to him. He ignored me and faced Sebastian with a knowing smile, making Sebastian flush into an even darker shade of pink.

Naughty men.

"Of course" grandpa said turning to me, while waggling his eyebrows with a huge grin at me. The usual toddler version. "Seems like you have a lover. A charming one at that point." he said in a low voice so that Bash can't hear. It was my turn to nudge his arm but before he could even nudge me back, I walked towards Bash.

"And a handsome one, too." I complimented him to make him blush once more. And it did. "Thanks" I said with a smile.

"Your welcome" he returned trying to hide his giddy smile. "Shall we?" He asked opening the passenger seat's door.

I looked back at grandpa and tried to stifle my laugh. Why on earth is he even grinning at me like that! He waved his hand goodbye as I slid into Bash's car. When Bash closed the door Grandpa told Bash something that made him blush slightly. Bash waved goodbye and went in the drivers seat.

"What did he say?" I asked curiously. He stared his gaze on the steering wheel, avoiding my gaze.

"Nothing" he replied blushing, turning on the engine and started driving. He does like blushing a lot. 

"Bash really does suit your name" I said laughing at his face.

"Huh? Why?" He challenged.

"You.. should have... seen... how... many times... you blushed... in a minute!" I said trying to stop my laughter as he looked at his face in the front mirror, turning pink again. I laughed again.

"Well, you should have seen your face last night when you were frustrated with a simple algebra problem!" He spat back, barking a laugh.

I stopped laughing and felt my jaw drop and closed it quickly when I noticed. I felt the heat creep up my cheeks from embarrassment. He was jumping his gaze to me and the road while laughing.

"Now look who looks like a ripe tomato" he said in defense.

"What?!" I whisper-shouted, which I think he heard. He mumbled something I didn't hear under his breath. I composed myself and cleared my throat. "At least it serves as the only make-up for today."

"Well, now we're even" he said ignoring my comeback, his eyes gleaming with the unshed tears from laughing. Or shall I say, tears of DEFEAT!!! Let's add an evil laugh there.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes at him playfully, trying to hide my smile of VICTORY!!!!

Within no time, we arrived at the school's parking and he parked his car. I opened the door and headed outside. Bash went out and locked his car and we both went together heading to the school entrance.

"Thanks for the ride Bash" I said looking at his light brown eyes. It sparkled as his lips tugged up a smile. My gaze went back to the school entrance and I saw two pairs of eyes who were wearing knowing smiles while whispering at each other.

Oh-no. What do they want now?

"Elle, what's the matter?" Bash said. He dropped his eyes where mine was and he smirked. "Are they your friends?"

"Yeah..." I said. "but I don't think they have the honor of being my best friends anymore." I said sarcastically. Shrugging off whatever they were whispering about.

"That spot goes to me, now. Huh?" He joked.

"Shut up, man."

"Well, you have a lot of explaining to do." He said chuckling. "I sure think they have a lot of questions waiting for you to answer."

"Huh. Really?" I asked, sarcastically. "Like what?" I said before hesitating.

"Like why your with the handsomest guy in town" he said with ego "or worse, why your dating with every girl's dream boy." he continued. I nudged him hard at his arm.

"Ouch!" He said while rubbing it. As if it really hurts.

"Well, how about why your ego is bigger than an chimpanzee's butt?" I said putting my best smug smile on my face. He threw his head back barking another laugh.

"Well, that's what you find charming about me" he said in retorted. "Don't you?"

"Tsk tsk tsk. Oh, Bash" I said putting my forearm on his shoulder casually. "Maybe it's much bigger than a chimpanzee's butt. Maybe, as big and wide as an elephant's butt?"

"Just admit it."

"Admit what?" I asked

"That you like me" he said waggling his eyebrows at me. I smirked.

Yuck. No way, dude.

"I do not"

"Oh, yes, you do. You're just denying it."

Oh, do I?

  "I do not"

  "Do too"

  "Do not"

  "Do too"

"Do not"

"Do too"

"Do not"

"Do too"

"Do not"

"Do not" he repeated.

"Do too" I said without even realizing it.

"See!" He said with victory in his voice as totally I realized I was tricked.

"You tricked me! Whatever" I said rolling my eyes playfully at him. "But I'm warning you. In your wildest dreams would that ever happen." I smirked

"As if-" he said being cut off by someone.

"Hi Elle!" A high pitched voice said.

"Hi, Cee" I said as I realized we almost bumped into them and stumble because of our 'arguement' if it wasn't for her greeting.

"So who's this?" Charlie said running a critical eye over Bash. I rolled my eyes. As if she doesn't know him.

"Guys, this is Sebastian. And Sebastian, these are my best friends, Celine and Charlotte" I said emphasizing the 'best friends' while introducing them to one another.

"Nice to meet you Sebastian" Cee said friendly smiling at him.

She didn't notice, eh? Great. Sarcasm doesn't really get to her.

"Nice to meet you" Charlotte said bluntly, not even reaching her hand out for a hand-shake.

Tense.

I dropped my gaze at Cee, shooting me knowing smiles and waggling her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes with exasperation.

This would take a lot of explaining to do. But that's the last thing that I need right now.

"Let's go. I'd be grateful if you three would let me go to math class. I need to review some points and techniques for the test." I said trying to avoid her upcoming question. It wasn't a lie anyway. It would really help if I'd get some time to remember everything I learned yesterday.

"Ok, Elle. We better go then" Cee said giving me another subtle knowing smile. I was grateful she played along. But that doesn't mean I escaped her unlimited questions.

And the bonus? It's for free!

I hurriedly went to my locker, fixed my stuff and went to math class ahead of my best friends and recalled everything Bash taught me yesterday. Mr. Phillips finally came in and distributed our test papers.

I'm ready, I said to myself. Bring it on.

Am I being dramatic?

"You may start..." Mr Phillips said looking at his wrist watch. I heard hurried scribbling at the moment he said the word 'now'.

I scanned the paper and wrote the answers effortlessly.

Huh, Miraculous.

***

Finally! School is over!

I can't believe I can answer the math test within 30 minutes! Although I was bored to my bones for waiting another 30 minutes before Mr. Phillips told us to finish. I Can't say I stayed awake all along.

"Hey Elle" a deep voice greeted in joy. I turned around to find an amused Drake walking towards me.

"Oh, hi Drake!" I said in greeting as he held out his hand. "Uh.. What's this for?" I said as I grabbed and shook it awkwardly.

"It's for..." He paused "Congratulations on beating my speed at the math test!'" He said changing his voice enthusiastically, shaking my hand.

Ok. So that's what it's all about.

"Sorry for stepping on your pride" I joked. "It's my first time, really. Don't make feel bad, dude"

"That's fine" he said honestly. "Instead, I'm very proud of you. We should have a celebration." He said with that amused smile of his. I was about to reply when I heard the voice I was trying to avoid all day. Actually, everyday.

"Ellie!" Someone said as she grabbed my arm. And dragged me to the girls comfort room harshly.

Uh-oh. What did I do now?!?

And who is she to call me Ellie? I'm not a pet dog or a cat! Or even a pet mouse!

*・゜゚・*:.。..。🌺。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Hello! Lovely people!

I'm sorry if it's a cliff-hanger but I just can't help it. Who do you think it is?

The next chapter will be a 'Drake and Melody only' scene. Quite romantic, I say. But I don't know if it would be romantic for you, though.

Comment and vote!

Anyway, I noticed that I'm running low so I'm going to raise my hopes up!

Oh, don't mind if I do. This will be very easy.

I will update the next chapter if I get 10 reads from or at least 3 votes for this chapter.

So the quicker the better, right?

Have a nice day!

💠Haley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 16 15
Hope is so secretive and so protective of herself and terribly timid and skittish, she has a lost memory she was in a crash when she was twelve and s...
50.8K 2.2K 30
Riley wasn't her real name. At least, she didn't think it was. All she had left was her amber necklace. Since her accident, she can't remember anythi...
1K 44 11
A college love story -> When a friendship turns into something else, feelings get complicated, lines are being blurred and new people step into the p...
1K 1 46
Okie, this is gonna go under MAJOR editing. And I'm doing it on my phone so I misspell words all the time! Melody's the girl that no one notices. She...