The Angelic Devil

By TheAwesomeKalk

Angel was born in the darkness, she was raised by it, and now she was working for it. She has finally gone o... More

The Angelic Devil
The Phoenix
New Friends
Killers Kill
The Date
The Protective Eye
The Angelic Dress
The Beginning Of The Ball
Improvement
A Good Night's Sleep
Possible Doom
The End

The Burn

35 1 0
By TheAwesomeKalk

Chapter 9

I walked down the stairs to the main hall, feeling slightly relaxed in the company of others. At least now The Phoenix couldn't hurt me if he knew what I had found out, it would risk his whole plan.

I looked around in the room and saw that Rachel was standing by the refreshments table, speaking to a girl that I didn't recognise. Rachel saw me and her face lit up before she waved me over. I started walking towards her while I inspected the other quite tall girl with my eyes. She was wearing a black gown with minimal decorations and a quite subtle mask and she was looking over at me with a smile on her face. Her chestnut coloured hair was tightly pinned to her head, and it had a shining touch to it, reflecting the lights in the room.

"Hello there", I said when I approached them.

"Hey Angel, this is Sara, Blake's cousin", Rachel said, looking at the girl she had been speaking to earlier.

"Hi Angel, it's nice to meet you."

Sara held out her hand for me to shake, which I did. If she really was The Phoenix cousin, she could be dangerous too, but I didn't really need to make it obvious that I didn't like him. Also, she could've been adopted. But as soon as we shook hands, I noticed that she wiped her hand on her dress, which I then also did.

"I'm going to tell Blake that I found you, I'll be right back", Rachel said, running away.

Wait, Blake had been looking for me? In that case, did he know that I had been sneaking around in his house? He had a connection to the fallen angels; there was a big chance that he knew it because they told him. But how were they going to contact him in the middle of a ball?

I looked up at Sara and she was staring right at me with hatred in her eyes, and suddenly I understood what she was. She was not human, and she did not hate me. She hated my entire race, because she was one of the fallen angels. The creatures that were allowed in neither hell nor heaven, they had to wander around on earth for eternity, living on other creatures until they were killed by one of us.

So that's how he found out.

"You know Angel, we don't like creatures lurking around in other people's stuff", Sara said.

"Oh, so suddenly you're a person?" I said, smiling mockingly at her.

"We've been living on earth for longer than any of you. We know more about being people than you'll ever know."

I smiled at her before I leaned forward, pretending that I hugged her.

"It's because nobody else wants you", I whispered into her ear.

I moved back and saw how Sara's eye was twitching, and she was really trying hard with containing her anger. No fallen angel liked to hear the truth, and was so easy make them snap. But they were trusted in the beginning, before they betrayed heaven and were sent down to earth. How could they expect hell to want them, if they had already betrayed heaven? We may be the more naughty ones, but we disliked betrayal.

"You bitch. I'll find you and make sure that you die before you can say fallen angel one more time."

"Oh, sounds like a fun challenge", I said, smiling. "Fallen angel."

I turned around and walked away from her with confident, smiling. It felt good to stand up for myself against fallen angels, because they always thought that they were the better race. How was it better not to belong anywhere? To just stroll around on earth for centuries, living the boring life's of humans with limited supernatural powers.

"Why are you looking so proud?"

I spun around in the middle of the crowd of laughing people, looking up into a pair of really dark eyes. But this time, it wasn't Ace.

"Well hello Damien", I said when he grabbed my hand.

"Care for a dance?" He asked.

I smiled without saying anything at all, and he lead me to the middle of the dance floor, putting one hand on my hip while I put mine on his shoulder.

He was tall; I had to give him that. He was still a few centimetres taller than me, even though I was wearing heels. The mask he was wearing was quite normal, just a black piece that covered his eyes and the small black thread that held it in place was camouflaged in his dark hair.

"I didn't expect you to be here, when did you arrive?" Damien asked.

"A few minutes past six", I answered. "And why would I not be here? The Ph- Blake is Rachel's boyfriend."

"Well, for starters, you don't seem that happy for them", he said.

I looked at him for a few seconds, wondering if I had been that obvious. He had been noticing that something was strange, but was it because he wasn't human? I clearly knew that he wasn't, but what was he if not a human?

"Why did you ask Ace about me?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, looking surpised at Damien. Did Ace tell him? Or maybe he could read minds? In that case I would have to come up with an answer quickly, or he may feel like he needs to take another stroll in my brain.

"I... I wanted to know more about you", I said, hoping that it would give me a bit more time.

"Why?"

I looked up into Damien's eyes, before I put on my most innocent face.

"Because, I like you", I whispered.

Damien looked down at me, smiling. He looked straight into my eyes and I realized that we had stopped dancing. I could feel a strange energy between us, and that was indeed not normal. Our faces had a minimum amount of space between them, and I noticed that Damien was the one making it smaller.

His lips crashed on top of mine, giving me the strangest shiver running down my back. His soft and cool lips were just sitting there, not forcing anything on me. He pulled back and I felt how my lips were longing for more. My heart was racing, but my mind was panicking. What was this strange feeling? It couldn't be love, since I wasn't allowed to feel it, and why would I feel that towards a boy that I had just met. I was tired, indeed I was, exhausted. That's it, I was exhausted because it had been a long night, and I needed to get home to regain my energy.

"I need to go", I said before I moved away from Damien.

"I hate when girls in movies just leave the guy that they just kissed, and then in the end they still get together! They just make it all so complicated!"

Rachel's words from when we watch a chick flick echoed in my head. She was right, I couldn't just leave him here thinking that I didn't enjoy it, because I did, I think.

"Will I see you later?" I asked him, smiling.

"I'll give you a call", he said before we both walked away from each other.

***

I was sitting in my room with my dress on the bed, the makeup I had been wearing on my face in the sewers somewhere and a nice book in my hand, trying to relax. It was quite hard though, the recent events of the night had been playing in my head like a movie, and for every time I saw it, there was something nagging me.

How had The Phoenix gotten into contact with the fallen angels, and for how long? There were many questions popping up in my head. Whenever I got answers to my questions, there were always some new ones coming up. But there was one thing that I couldn't stop thinking about, and that was Damien. I didn't know what I felt about him, or how he felt about me. But what if I actually felt something as great and horrible as love?  Love wasn't something dark, and if I started to fill my mind with love, trust and happiness, I would lose my power. You need darkness to control the darkness, and if I fall in love, there is a chance that I could break, and lose before even trying.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen. I was never allowed a break, was I?

I slowly stood up, trying not to make any sound. Putting my book down, I walked towards the kitchen door, bracing myself for an attacker to show up any second now. It could've been a fallen angel that was trying to sneak around in my house, just like I had snuck around in The Phoenix's residence.

I stood against the wall next to the door. I was prepared to fight with whatever was hiding in the kitchen. I would swing around and just rip their throat out without them even noticing.

"Shit."

I stopped myself before I could attack. I recognized that voice.

"Jessica?" I said when I turned around, seeing Jessica herself sitting on the floor of my kitchen, picking a bottle of something up from the floor and hiding it behind her back.

She stood up, still not revealing what was behind her back, and she took a few steps backwards. When she hit the kitchen counter behind her, she started to panic. I didn't really say anything, and neither was she. She just started to freak out and breathe really heavily.

"Shit... Plan B!" She screamed.

I raised an eyebrow before I suddenly felt the smell and presence of at least seven other people before my door was kicked open and seven big high school jocks stormed into my house.

"Ooh, you know you'll have to pay for that later, right?" I asked one of the boys.

They were all from my school, and I disliked every one of them. But this time something was different. They all had black eyes. Every single one of them.

"Alright, who thought it was a good idea to play around with an Ouija board?"

"Really funny Angel. But we have gotten in contact with the angels of this world, and we know what you are", one of the jocks named Adam said.

"You killed Peter, Jack and Sara!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Oh, Peter had himself to blame. Jack had it coming after he killed Sara", I said, starting to feel a little annoyed.

"Whatever, you're also going down before you get any of us", Jessica said.

I rolled my eyes before I heard multiple familiar sounds in my head. I smiled and looked at them with a devilish look. I really had the permission to kill every single one of them.

"You may think that your powers are really strong, but we have been blessed by the angels."

"Hah, this is going to be fun", I said.

The jocks looked at each other with a confused expression before they all nodded and pulled out a cross and a bottle of water. I looked at them with a confused expression and realized that the water must have been holy water, and they actually thought that it would work on me. They looked so stupid that I couldn't stop myself from laughing; they actually looked more stupid than ever.

"What's so funny?" Jessica asked in a confused matter.

"You don't really think that is going to kill me?" I asked her, laughing.

The jocks looked at each other before they all jumped at me at once. They were too slow though, I jumped out of their way and pulled one of the jocks with me. I stuck my hand into his chest and ripped his heart out before I had even landed on my feet. The body was lying in front of me before it lit up and turned into ashes.

"Blessed or not, humans are always humans", I said before I jumped at them again.

I jumped at Adam and stuck both of my hands into his chest to rip out his lungs instead. Nobody had ever actually tried that, so I thought it would be fun.

Blood was splattering everywhere, but it didn't matter because it would all disappear together with the fire. That was the best thing with serving and working for hell, every single drop of evidence just disappeared.

I smiled for myself before I felt something cold and burning on my shoulder, and then I felt the smell of Hydrofluoric acid. I screamed in pain before I hit whoever was standing beside me, luckily my skin was stronger than human skin, but it was still burning like hell. I turned around and saw Jessica standing there with a bottle in her hand, smiling. I hit the bottle out of her hand and it landed straight on her face and the burn came immediately together with the blood. She fell to the floor and I watched her face burn, but she wasn't burning like all the other boys, because she was obviously still alive, even though the acid should've gone straight through her.

I was going to end her suffering, but before I could do that someone grabbed me from behind, stopping me from moving. I tried to get out of their grip, but then I felt how someone stuck a piece of metal into my throat while the pain shot through my body. It was like the Hydrofluoric acid all over again, but I couldn't handle it this time, so I collapsed to the ground.

__________________________________________________________

Oooh, another cliffhanger!

Vote, comment and fan so you can be updated whenever I upload a new chapter (whenever that will be...)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 0 32
------------- "Why're you staring at me?" I ask teasingly. I hear him letting out a breath, of embarrassment or guilt I don't know. "I may have unint...
613 63 25
[[My old description has been removed because it makes my story seem like crap. I'm having someone else write my description if I ever decide to publ...
55.3K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...