The End

Chapter 13

I stopped the car in front of The Phoenix's mansion, the Crow was right above me, sitting on a tree branch. I had left my bag in the back seat, I had no jewelry or any piece of clothing that would mess up my fighting abilities in case it would be more of a physical fight. No loose clothes for The Phoenix to grab onto, and I was wearing long but tight sleeves and jeans in case of unexpected floor sliding so I wouldn't get carpet burnt or something, those things stung. I had also found out what my new powers were, and I have to say, for a creature who has never been able to do anything magical, as humans would put it, I had a lot of new skills to try out.

I got out of the car and quickly walked up to the entrance to his mansion. The door was closed, but as I reached out to open it, it slowly creaked open. I raised an eyebrow before I walked in. So I had been expected, that was good to know. I made sure that all my senses were as heightened as they could be in the dark entrance hall.

Suddenly, to the left side of me, two candles that were placed on stands lit up, one on each side of the door that lead to the great dining room. I took the hint and walked through the door, and as I entered the dining room, I noticed that most of the things were the same as last time, but the long dining table wasn't there anymore. Instead, there were candles standing along the walls, lighting up the room.

"A bit romantic, don't you think?" I asked, knowing that The Phoenix was somewhere nearby.

"Yes, but a lot of endings in movies and books are pretty romantic. Since you won't live to experience that, I thought I would give you the pleasure of a romantic death", The Phoenix responded, as he walked into the room through a door on the other side of the room.

The Phoenix was now in front of me, but I couldn't just attack him straight on as that would be way too dangerous. I needed to wait for him to make a mistake and attack first, otherwise he would most likely get the upper hand.

"Very considerate of you, but I'm not the one who's approaching my end today", I said.

"Oh, but I've already had my romance going on, with your best friend Rachel", he said, and I almost laughed at him.

"Well, then you've already had your romance before the end, so now it's just the end left. And honestly, Rachel is just a human, do you think I care about her?" I responded.

"You have a sharp tongue, but it's not a surprise coming from a filthy demon! We'll see who wins this fight", he said right before he came running towards me.

I jumped to the side and motioned some chairs that were placed against the wall to fly onto The Phoenix and they crashed onto him relatively hard, making him fall to the ground. I smiled as soon as I felt how easy it was to move the chairs, I felt so strong.

"Telekinetic, eh? So you're the fucker who killed off my fallen angels", The Phoenix said as he threw the chairs to the side, before he got up. "Then I won't hold back on you."

"And I am fine with that", I responded.

I prepared myself for the next attack, but before I knew it, The Phoenix had come running straight at me again. This time, he was at least twice as fast, and he slammed into me, making me fly into the wall behind me. I got very dizzy and I tried to get up as fast as possible, but The Phoenix grabbed onto my arm before I could get up by myself, and he threw me across the room, slamming me into the unlit fireplace.

I could hear The Phoenix laugh, and I felt weaker and weaker the stronger his laugh got. Maybe I wasn't prepared enough? Maybe I was a weak creature, and maybe everyone else had been right, maybe I should've focused more on The Phoenix and less on other things? After all, I hadn't been the killer of the two fallen angels, the Crow was the true killer. A bird was more capable of killing than me.