Imagination BK2: The Imaginer...

By Pennator

It has been two years since Derrick found out about his powers. Now, he spends most of his time in the 'real'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Hydra attack
Chapter 2: Another Adventure
Chapter 3: A Surprise Visitor
Chapter 4: The War God
Chapter 5: Across the Ocean
Chapter 6: The Shifting Isle Part 1
Chapter 7: The Shifting Isle Part 2
Chapter 8: The Shape Shifter
Chapter 9: A New Teacher
Chapter 11: Day Dreaming
Chapter 12: A Small Break
Chapter 13: Another Enemy
Chapter 14: Zeus the Mighty
Chapter 15: Captured
Chapter 16: Escape
Chapter 17: Reflamen the Imaginere
Chapter 18: To Truly Imagine
Chapter 19: A Proposition
Chapter 20: The Dragon Haters
Chapter 21: A Volunteer
Chapter 22: Surprise Power
Chapter 23: Getting Prepared
Chapter 24: The Telekinetic Blade
Chapter 25: One Last Gift
Chapter 26: The Two Champions
Chapter 27: The Fight Begins
Chapter 28: The Limit and Beyond
Chapter 29: The Victor
Chapter 30: A Breach in the Rules
Chapter 31: A Piece of Cake
Chapter 32: Many Things to Do
Chapter 33: Finding the Source
Chapter 34: Getting Some Help
Chapter 35: The Great Army
Chapter 36: Mobolizing
Chapter 37: Into the Darkness
Chapter 38: Tricked
Chapter 39: When All Seems Lost
Chapter 40: Power Over Imagination
Chapter 41: Anger of the Lightning King
Chapter 42: Fear
Chapter 43: Clash of Fire and Lightning
Chapter 44: Waking Up
Epilogue

Chapter 10: A Strange Sort of Training

336 17 1
By Pennator

The Shape Shifter suddenly moved, dodging a punch from Ares. He elbowed him in the stomach and Ares dropped to the ground, gasping.

"Hey Ares!" I said, "Stop, he's not going to hurt us."

Ares got his breath back and staggered to his feet. 

"What are you talking about?" snarled Ares, "He tried to kill us, and he broke my mace!"

The Shape Shifter rased his eyebrow. He put his hand out and the pieces of Ares' mace suddenly flew to his hand, reforming the weapon. He gripped it in his hand and gave it to Ares. 

"Here you go," he said, "Good as new."

Ares took the mace, staring at The Shape Shifter. He inspected it, looking for any deformities or errors in the creation. He took a swing and smiled.

"This is awesome!," he said, "It's like a brand new weapon, but it feels exactly the same! Thankyou! I won't have to kill you now!"

The Shape Shifter raised his eyebrow and looked over to me.

"Ares," I said, "The so called war God, creation of Zeus."

He nodded his head, "I expected him to be a better fighter."

"He is a good fighter, but maybe not the best at strategy," I replied.

The Shape Shifter nodded his head again, "Well that makes sense."

We were silent for a bit, watching Ares prance around with his new weapon.

"So," I said at last, "When do we start."

The Shape Shifter turned to me, "Tomorrow morning. For now you should rest."

"But..." I was about to argue.

"It's ten thirty," said The Shape Shifter, "And you've been awake since early this morning, you need some rest."

I gave up the arguement, just as I felt the wave of tiredness whash over me. I yawned.

"You know, you're probably right," I said.

A silent agreement passed between me and Reflamen. He opened his wing, allowing me to crawl inside. He was tired to, probably more tired then me, he had been doing most of the work. 

"Night," I said to the Shape Shifter, then closed my eyes, falling instantly asleep.

That morning I woke up to the loud noise of gongs banging together. Reflamen groaned and rose his head, lifting his wing in the process. It was surprisingly bright, and I squinted. I got up and walked out from under his wing. Looking up into the sky, I frowned. The sun was beating down on us, the heat warming me up. For some reason this felt weird, then I remebered we were in a cave. 

Looking around, I realised the floor was completely different as well. It was covered in lush green grass and there were emerald green trees scattered throughout the feild. At each end were two cliffs, leading into a cave entrance. 

There was and eagle flying above us, it cawed and suddenly swooped down, probably to catch some prey. Ares was in the middle of the field, swinging his mace at an imaginery opponent. I stretched and looked back up at the sky. 

'Maybe the Shape Shifter was able to open the roof of the cave to the sky,' I thought.

'Maybe,' replied Reflamen. 

The bird was up in the sky again, and was now flying towards us, a rabbit hanging limply in its talons. It lowered itself to the ground and put the rabbit down, before suddenly changing. In its place stood the Shape Shifter. He stretched and smiled at us.

"Good to see you up and about," he said, "It's nearly mid morning."

I smiled, "I was tired."

The Shape Shifter nodded and pulled a knife from his pocket. He started to skin the rabbit, and gut it. I closed my eyes and attempted to imaginere a bowl of cheerios, but remembered that I couldn't imaginere here. 

"Can you give me my powers back?" I asked.

The Shape Shifter looked up from his gutting, and shrugged, "Why not."

I felt something lift of my shoulders, and I blinked. My mind was clearer, much more thoughtful, now. I smiled and closed my eyes, imaginering a bowl of cheerios at my feet, along with a metal spoon. I started to dig in. The Shape Shifter watched me with interest.

"Taste nice," he said.

I nodded at him, my mouth full of cheerios, I was starving. He watched me as I golped down the rest. When I had finished I looked over to him.

"Are we ready to start yet?" I said.

The Shape Shifter nodded, "Yes."

"Okay good," I smiled.

I stood up and stretched, "What's first?"

I jogged up and down, trying to think of what we would do first. I was expecting something along the lines of trying to fight each other, or maybe create something. Instead the Shape Shifter looked at me with a 'what are you doing' expression.

"Sit back down," he said.

I looked at him in surprise, "Okay."

Maybe we were going to meditate or something. I closed my eyes, ready.

"Open your eyes," said the Shape Shifter with a sigh.

I opened them and looked at him with a frown.

"You want to be tort, your going to have to listen to me," he said.

I nodded again.

"Okay," he said, chucking away the half skinned rabit, "I don't know what you were thinking before, but we aren't doing and physical activity, well, we might but that all depends on you. The first thing I want you to do, is daydream. Do what ever you want, wonder through the field, fight off any enemies that come to mind, but don't close your eyes. That just ruins the whole purpose." 

"But I find it easier with my eyes closed," I said.

"I know, and that's a bad thing. When you close your eyes, the time it takes for you to imagine is slower then if you have your eyes open. Your in a dream state, but everything you see is true," explained the Shape Shifter, "There are ways that closing your eyes is better, but with general imaginering, don't even try."

"How is open eyed imaginering better the close eyed imaginering?" I asked.

"When your eyes are open you are a lot more aware of everything that is going on around you," he said, "the trick is to see with your eyes open. When they are open you can imagine from our point of view and a third person point of view, you can even imagine with a second person point of view. With your eyes open you can easily get into the swing of something and your body helps to. When you close your eyes its only your imaginering that does the work, understand?"

I nodded.

"Okay, good," said The Shape Shifter, "You may start now. I'm going to do my own thing for while, have a bit of an adventure. I'll be back by midday."

He suddenly turned into a bird.

"Oh, and don't have your dragon with you," he said, "He'll only be a distraction."

Reflamen narrowed his eyes.

"Okay," said the Shape Shifter, "Have fun."

With that he flew into the air, flying high into the sky. I stood there for a second. 

'Good luck,' said Reflamen, 'I better leave, as he said, I'll only be a distraction.'

'You sure,' I replied,

'Yeah,' he replied, 'Don't worry to much, I'm just gonna do some exploring, maybe see if there's anything to catch.'

I nodded my head. Reflamen hauled himself from the grouned and stretched. He opened his wings and with a few flaps was up in the air. He started to fly the way the Shape Shifter had gone. I was about to question him then thought better of it. Reflamen knew what he was doing.

I sighed, looking at Ares, who was still swinging his mace around like a lunatic. I was beginning to wonder if Ares was possesed by some demon who just wanted to fight. I shrugged subconsciously, he wasn't my problem. 

I walked over to a nearby tree, and slouched down against it.

'Day dream, ha,' I thought, 'That's going to easy.'

So I sat there, just thinking. It took nearly ten minutes, but my mind was now thinking up crazier and crazier things. I put out my hand and an earth slab rose from the earth. I put it back down, then drew up another one. This time it was extremely long and sharp. It rotated so the sharp end was facing away from me, then I threw it, hitting an enemy a few metres away. 

I smiled, the got up from the tree. I put out my hand, and summoned a flame, then threw it at a three eyed troll with a huge club, incinerating him instantly. I started to walk through the grass land, fighting random things that came to my head. At one point a pack of raptors ambushed admist a field of long grass.

I summoned dragons to ride, and fought of armies with a single stroke of my sword. It was actually very fun. It was nearing midday now, but I still wanted to do what I was doing. The green dragon I was riding flew down and put me on the floor, before flying of. 

I sighed, trying to think of something else I could do. Suddenly a man ran up to me.

"Help us," he said, "Our village is under attack by some monster, we need your help."

I looked at the man unsupprised. 

'A new adventure to think up,' I thought with a smile. 

Immediatly there were cried of terror, and fire in the air. 

"I'll help," I said, "Just show me were to go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. I hope you enjoyed. Vote and comment if you did. The next chapter will be out soon. See Ya!

Pennator^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
1 0 1
A man with a seriously messed up life and a load of mental problems made a lot of mistakes in his life but one stands above the rest. The story is ab...
1.2K 69 14
In an alternate timeline, the human race found a way to create superpowers. By extracting energy from stars and inserting that energy into humans, 'p...
4K 119 7
Cover by @thecatgurl (Y/n) pov~ Growing up in the palace was a blessing in many ways. Such as getting to grow up with my two best friends. On the...