My Parents Are Vampires?!

By Gigi1020

***Spinoff to My Dark Side*** 16 yeard old Anneliese and 17 year old Andy thought they had a pretty normal li... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 6

8.4K 205 31
By Gigi1020

Chapter 6

Anneliese P.O.V

I took deep breaths trying not to sob more or look at myself on the mirror.

As I stood in front of the mirror I couldnt help but take a little glance at it. I quickly winced and closed my eyes, what was I thinking? My hair looked horrible! I missed my natural golden hair, I had tried washing it off but it was so dark that now it was just a dark brown.

I scrunched my nose and sniffled oh well, I guess I would have to deal with it now!

I passed a trembling hand over my now stupid dark hair and tried to control myself, in a couple of minutes we would go to grandpa's house to "visit". I think mom just wanted to give us more "freedom" since dad denied us going to school.

But the fact was that it didnt matter where we went, as long as it wasnt school then I wasnt going to be happy! Dad didnt get that I wanted to have some space! That I wanted to be away for at least a couple of hours!

I think mom got the hint and that's why she wanted to go today to grandpa's house, but like I said, it didnt matter where we went as long as it wasnt school then I would be unhappy and miserable!

"Annie time to go! Hurry up! Mom says you've been in here 20 minutes already!" Andy pounded on the door making me jump.

"Im going" I grumbled blowing my nose and leaving my hair down so mom could see my "beautiful" hair. Even if I didnt like it I wasnt going to admit it to mom or ask for help, I was still in my state of rebellion!

I walked out of the bathroom and towards the living room where I saw mom and dad giving me a disapproving look as soon as they saw me, I smirked just for the sake of it and passed two hands over my hair just to make them more mad, specially mom.

"I cant believe you did something like that Anneliese!" she shook her head angrily.

"Dont you like it? I look more like you" I smiled sweetly.

"Stop it Annie," Andy frowned.

Ugh, why was he always on mom's side?

"Stop what? Dont you think I look more like mom Andy?" I asked him.

He just rolled his eyes annoyed and walked away.

She glared at me and began to walk away "You got rid of all of the scissors too right Ashton?" I heard her say to dad who just took a deep breath and nodded.

I smiled internally and crossed my arms following them as we went outside, "When we get to werewolf lands I dont want you guys treating your grandparents any differently do you hear me?" mom was saying as we walked out the woods towards the car.

"We wont," Andy replied for us.

"Anneliese?" mom said turning to look at me.

I just shrugged and continued walking towards the car, now that I knew my grandpa and most of my family were werewolf's, as well as the people in his neighborhood, or should I say pack, it was definitely going to be awkward for me!

The ride to grandpa's house was silent and tense for me, I could tell mom was worried by the way she kept glancing my way, I forced myself to look out the window and not pay any attention to her.

I noticed dad sped up as he drove, maybe he felt like he needed to get this over with.

We hadnt talked about what we would say when we got to grandpa's. None of us hadnt really talked at all, not even Andy and I.

I felt like I couldnt talk to him anymore because everything that I said mom or dad would be able to hear, and I guess he felt the same way because he didnt try or talk to me either.

I sighed and looked out the window feeling so shitty! I wish we had phones, that way Andy and I could text back and forth, but no, since we dont go to stupid school and we live under the same roof my parents dont see why we would need a cellphone. Of course we would never need one, mom and dad always know were we are.

When we got to grandpa's house I couldnt help myself but shudder slightly, I still couldnt believe my grandpa was a werewolf! I still couldnt believe I lived in this type of world!

This is going to be so freaking awkward, I thought miserably as I unbuckled my seatbelt, I could tell Andy sort of felt the same way from the sullen look on his face.

Dad stopped the car and looked at me through the mirror "Annie please behave" he told me.

I rolled my eyes and got out the car, he wanted me to behave? Try telling him his whole life is a lie! I promised myself I would be mad at my whole family for lying to us no matter what! I still dont see how Andy takes this situation calmly!

As soon as I slammed the car door grandma Elizabeth was already out the door running to us with outstretched arms "Anneliese! Andy! My two favorite young grandchildren, what a lovely surprise!" she yelled enthusiastically as she ran to Andy and hugged the life out of him happily.

I stayed back a little watching her, for some reason I had grown very nervous. I dont know why, maybe I was expecting something else but I could bet dad and mom noticed how nervous I was from the way my heart began to pound when I saw grandpa Jake walk out of the house too.

I eyed him gulping when I noticed how well and young he still looked, I really wanted to slap myself! I was barely beginning to notice the things Andy had noticed a long time ago. How did my dear brother realize more things than I did?

"It's been such a long time since I see you two sweethearts! Such a long time! I've missed you guys!" grandma still wasnt done squishing Andy to death.

"Please dont be mad Annie, it itsnt their fault" mom whispered to me as she walked by me.

I scoffed and didnt reply, oh really? It wasnt their fault we had been lied to our whole lifes? Sweet grandma Lizzie could've at least said something!

I crossed my arms and gritted my teeth hard, I had to try and keep my emotions under control! I didnt want everyone to think stupid innocent Anneliese couldnt handle this situation!

"Hey it's been a while you guys visit us!" grandpa said happily hugging mom as she walked to him.

"Hey dad" she replied quietly.

"How've you been Jade?" he asked giving her a kiss and playfully scrunching his nose "You still stink" he laughed.

I saw mom laugh nervously and glance my way "Yeah, there's something we have to talk about" she said.

"What about?" he asked completely oblivious to the situation.

"We rather talk about it inside" dad spoke seriously.

"Dont tell me you guys brought bad news? You guys dont come visit us in at least three weeks and when you do come you dare bring bad news with you?" grandpa still joked around.

I observed him quietly not running to him and hugging him like I would've had a couple of weeks ago, for a guy that was probably pat 50's he was great looking I have to say! No gray hair at all, no wrinkles, nothing.

Were Andy and I the only ones who would really grow up and age?

With the exception of grandma of course, I could see the effect time had made on her. Her dark brown hair was turning a light brown and I could see the wrinkles on her face, she had at least shortened one inch or two yet she was still beautiful and in perfect condition.

She was finally done fussing over Andy and how much taller he had grown when she finally turned to me, "Annie!" she exclaimed when she finally saw me properly "Honey you changed your hair! It looks lovely! Makes you look more like your mother" she said cheerfully hugging me tightly to her.

I stiffened all over and tried to dismiss the knot in my throat that was beginning to form. It was harder being around grandma, I couldnt really be mad at her, she's just such a sweet lovely person that says sweet things all the time, but I refused to let my guard down.

I was staying mad at everyone no matter what!

I cleared my throat and pulled back stiffly "Thanks" I mumbled.

She saw my bad mood at once and frowned "Oh hon whats wrong? Has it been a bad day? A couple of grandma's cookies will cheer you up I know it! I can make some in no time! I know how much you love them" she rambled.

I sighed to myself and looked away, see what I mean? Grandma is just too sweet sometimes.

"Mom there's something we all need to talk about," I heard mom say to grandma.

"What is it?" she turned around.

"Can we do this inside?" mom asked quietly.

I stared at mom and grandma and I just couldnt really contain myself! The fact that mom looked like a child next to grandma was really making my blood boil! It was evident how old grandma was and mom? Mom just looked like a perfect 18 year old!

It was sick!

"Why dont you tell them here mom?" I snapped coldly.

Everyone turned to look at me, grandma shocked at my tone, while dad and mom gave me warning looks.

"Annie," dad raised an eyebrow.

"Why cant you tell us what here?" grandma asked looking confused.

"Go ahead mom tell them!" I said.

"Annie please dont," Andy rolled his eyes.

"Tell us what?" grandpa asked frowning slightly.

"Tell them how you've lied to us this entire time!" I said.

"Anneliese we told you not to misbehave" mom said, I could see the anger changing her eyes to a bright red.

"Jade? What does that mean? What do you mean you guys have lied to them this entire time?" grandma asked turning to look at all of us.

"We'll talk about this inside mother" mom said.

"Tell them here" I snapped.

"Anneliese stop it," mom snapped back.

"I am so confused! What is happening?" grandpa declared.

"We know everything grandpa!" I finally told him snapping my eyes to his.

"Annie!" mom scolded.

He frowned looking more confused "You know everything?" he repeated.

"We know what you guys are and-" I was about to say everything when mom had suddenly zoomed to me and was grabbing my wrist so hard I winced and yelped involuntarily! Holly damn how did she move so fast?

"Jade!" grandma frowned and stepped aside as mom marched with me towards the house.

"I told you to stop it! We're talking about this inside!" she snapped and dragged me with her inside the house quickly with everyone else behind us.

"What is going on?" grandpa asked closing the door.

"Jade let go of Annie, you're hurting her!" grandma rushed over to us and tried getting in between us.

I jerked my hand away from mom and glared at her hatefully as I rubbed it, we were both staring at each other angrily and I all of a sudden stopped seeing her that moment like a mother, I saw her as a best friend I was mad at, as an enemy.

"Can someone please explain what is going on?" grandpa asked once again.

"Hey! I thought I heard voices! What are you guys doing here?" Uncle Tommy was walking down the stairs and looked at us happily as he saw all of us huddled near the door. I snapped my eyes to his and got another clenching feeling in my stomach.

Uncle Tommy, mom's werewolf brother, looked so freaking young also! And he was twice our age! How did I never notice how all of these people looked so young? Now I saw him with different eyes, I saw him like an older friend, not an uncle.

He slowed down as he saw the situation and frowned "Ooh, what's happening?" he asked quietly walking to us slowly.

"Jade, Ashton, can someone please explain whats going on?" grandma asked looking at all of us.

I saw mom open her mouth to speak but she couldnt speak and she turned to look at dad who hadnt said anything at all yet.

This is so stupid I thought angrily.

I was about to open my mouth when Andy beat me to it, "We know everything grandma, what mom and dad are, what grandpa Jake is, we know everything" he shrugged calmly.

Everyone turned to stare at him now and grandma opened her mouth shocked, "What?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" grandpa asked quickly, his eyes darting to everyone in the room.

"I mean that we know that mom and dad are vampires and that you guys are actually werewolf's" Andy shrugged again looking as calm as a fish.

Contrary to Andy, grandma couldnt close her mouth and she gaped at mom and dad. "You...told them? How do you guys know? Oh dear!" she began to ramble.

"Wait wait hold up, Annie and Andy know everything now?" Uncle Tommy frowned looking confused also.

"Who told you guys?" grandpa spoke also.

"Why didnt you tell me this over the phone Jade?" grandma frowned at mom.

"Its not something I could tell you over the phone mother" mom said.

"Since when do they know?" grandpa asked.

"They found out on their own" dad spoke up.

"What do you mean they found out on their own?" grandma's frown deepened.

"So they know the whole complete truth?" grandpa asked.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on?" Uncle Tommy raised his voice.

"Can you not yell?" mom frowned at him.

"Im not yelling! I just want to know what happened" he replied.

"You're raising your voice!" mom snapped.

"Alright can we all calm down here for just a second?" grandpa spoke up louder.

Everyone began to talk at the same time making the room very noisy and it made me want to just yell at the top of my lungs!

No one noticed when I slipped away, not even mom and dad, I walked away quietly and went back out to the woods closing the door firmly behind me.

I took a long deep breath inhaling the fresh scent of pine trees and passed a hand over my face, man this was just too much to handle! I really couldnt, to me this was so complicated and dramatic! I needed to speak to Andy and ask him how he kept his emotions all inside him, because it was an obvious thing I couldnt do.

Dad always said I was like an open book everyone could easily read.

I sighed sadly and squeezed my eyes shut, why was this affecting me so badly? Why couldnt I be like Andy and take everything calmly?

"Honey?"

I jumped at grandma's gentle voice and turned to find her with a worried face, "I didnt even hear you coming" I said quietly.

She smiled at me sympathetically and threw an arm around me "It's difficult isn't it?" she asked quietly.

I looked away and nodded.

"I know how you must feel dear, betrayed and hurt" she spoke what I truly did feel.

I nodded silently again.

"You have every reason to feel that way honey, but please understand that we didnt mean to hide anything from you guys. All your parents wanted was for you to have a normal life thats all" she said gently.

I frowned sadly and refused to look at her, "Have the noticed Im gone?" I asked instead.

"No, they're still explaining everything, but I noticed when you walked away" she replied.

Huh, looks like grandma was on everything!

I sighed and took a step forwards so she wouldnt be hugging me anymore, I just didnt want to talk to anyone right now.

"Annie dont be mad honey" she said softly.

"How can I not be? How can I believe any of this?" I whispered.

Grandma was silent for a couple of seconds as if trying to think with something good enough to tell me, "I know how you feel Anneliese.... I didnt believe anything either, you forget Im just like you, a human. A normal human being with no strength, no speed, nothing. I didnt believe anything either hon, until your grandpa showed me what he was, then I belived him" she said.

"It's different for you, he didnt hide what he was his whole life" I frowned.

"Yes but his whole world had been hidden from me, from humans" she said.

"Its different" I said again.

"Honey I-" she tried putting her arms around me again but I pushed away gently not looking at her.

I could tell my gesture had hurt grandma a lot without even looking at her, "Why dont you take a walk hon? Clear your mind for a bit" she suggested in a low hurt tone that made my insides squirm with guilt.

I sighed and walked away into the woods not even responding back, I didnt care to be honest. I figured grandma was right, I had to clear my mind and she was correct, I had every reason to feel betrayed and hurt.

I didnt look back to see if grandma had gone back to the house, I just kept going forwards not really caring if mom and dad got mad at me for walking in the woods. But its not like a vampire could attack me here right?

The deeper I went into the woods the deeper I began to think. Wow, who would've thought one day I would get to find out that my parents are really vampires and the rest of my family are really werewolf's?

I walked faster into the woods just wanting to forget everything! I wished so badly that things could go back to what they used to be but I knew that would never happen! Deep down inside I knew I would always look at mom and dad differently now, I would always worry about the things I said in case they heard, I just knew that things would never really be as they used to.

And I think thats what hurt the most, knowing that our life's were going to change.

I gulped when I thought about mom and dad, how they would never grow up, how Andy and I would age and they would stay the same forever, 18.

Man that must suck! It must get really boring after a while, to be stuck at 18. You're practically a child still! Im only 16 and I still feel like an immature child! I wonder how mom and dad do it? How they act so mature sometimes? Or....did they act mature most of the time?

I thought back to how my parents acted and I guess you could say there were serious when they needed to be and immature the rest of the time, just like Andy and I.

Huh, no wonder we all got along so well.

How did I not go crazy in the house before? I barely realized that Andy and I have had no freedom at all! We're always trapped in the house!

I didnt realize how far into the woods I was going but I was suddenly aware of how loud the crunch of my footsteps sounded and I stopped looking around.

I widened my eyes as I looked around me, nothing but trees surrounded me making an instant pang of fear wash through me.

"Holly crap" I said under my breath looking back at the direction I had come from.....or, had that been the direction I was coming from? I couldnt even see grandma's house anymore!

I gulped and tried not to panic, alright how far could I have really gone? I looked up at the dark gray sky and frowned, it couldnt have been that much time! Mom and dad would have already noticed I was gone by now!

Right?

I crossed my arms nervously and looked around me, being alone in the woods sort of freaked me out. Ever since I saw that vampire girl, and knowing that my dad wasnt secretly following me sort of made me nervous.

You're such a wimp Anneliese you should be enjoying this! You dont go out at all, this is the time to enjoy, my inner voice said excitedly. 

I smiled nervously and resumed walking, maybe dad or mom would find me and if they saw that I wasnt scared maybe they'd changed their minds about letting us out more.

But now as I walked I couldnt help but feel that there was something following me, like when you feel a prescence behind you.

I stopped and glanced over my shoulder momentarily finding nothing, dont panic yourself Anneliese, I told myself.

I continued to walk wondering if mom and dad had already noticed I was gone, or if they were still fighting?

My heart stopped when I heard a noise that sounded like a low growl, I completely froze and whirled around quickly finding nothing again. I frowned at myself and began walking again convincing myself that I was crazy and that I really heard nothing at all.

The more I walked the more I felt like I was being followed which really got me fidgety.

I continued to repeat to myself that there was probably some animal just trailing along, maybe a bunny or something....maybe a werewolf?

As soon as I thought that I swear I heard a low rumbling sound that made the hairs on the back of my neck rise and I let out a squeak as I whirled around again, "Who's there?" my voice trembled.

I saw nothing at all which made me feel crazy but I could swear there was something following me now! "Dad?" I asked wondering if he was somehow secretly following me again?

"Look this isnt funny dad! You better come out here before I tell mom you're scaring me" I grumbled crossing my arms.

I squinted into the trees and bushes and what I saw emerging from there gave me a heart attack.

A giant black wolf the size of a small horse was half hidden behind some bushes and was staring right at me.

My arms suddenly felt heavy like lead and my knees weakened, I completely stiffened and froze and had to  blink a couple of times trying to make sure I was seeing correctly.

What the hell! I thought, Am I really seeing this?

I could hear the pounding of my heart loud and clear, it was as if my heart was trying to crash into my chest and I wondered if I screamed loud enough would mom or dad hear me?

My mouth went completely dry and I think I stopped breathing when I saw the giant black wolf emerge more from the bushes, now I was POSITIVE I was seeing a werewolf, and it was probably seeing its lunch!

It only took about three seconds for the adrenaline to kick in my body and once I got my muscles to move I snapped out of it, turned on my heel and did the best thing Im good at!

Run and cry like a little baby!

"DAD! DAD! DAD! MOM!" I cried frantically as I ran away at full speed ducking under low branches and stepping over rocks.

"MOM! MOM!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I ran away.

"Wait! Wait!" I heard a different voice yell back at me.

Who the hell...?

"RUN! THERE'S A WOLF RUN!" I screamed back to the person who had yelled.

"Wait!" the same male voice yelled at me.

IDIOT WE'RE GOING TO GET MAULED BY A FREAKING WOLF AND YOU WANT ME TO WAIT?!

I didnt turn around, there was no way in hell I was going to look behind me but I could certainly hear someone running behind me so I figured that was the person who had yelled at me and was now running away from the monster wolf also.

"DAD! DAD!" I screamed out of breath now, I was heaving and panting as I ran through the woods, sweat rolled down the side of my head as I ran but there was no way I was stopping until I saw or heard my parents!

"Wait!" I heard the same voice yell frantically behind me.

Hurry up dude! Hurry up, was all I could think.

"Wait! Stop running! There's no danger!"

Like hell I will stop running!

I could hear the person running behind me at a very close distance, so close I thought the person was going to surpass me and speed away but to my surprise that didnt happen! Suddenly I was falling to ground being tackled violently!

Such a heavy weight overpowered me that the breath was knocked out of me! Everything inside my body hurt as a huge weight squished me.

"MOM! DAD!" I screamed at the loudest I could as I realized that the person who had been running behind me had actually tackled me down to the floor!

"MOM! MOM! DAD!" I continued to scream as the person on top of me tried to quiet me down.

"Shh no shut up! Its okay you dont have to be afraid!" a male voice said grabbing me by the shoulders and shacking me hard, his hands were so warm it felt weird! I looked up to see a young guy shirtless just inches above me which made me freak out more!

"THE WOLF!" I screamed at this person trying to get away from him, "THE WOLF IS GOING TO HURT YOU! THE WOLF!" I continued to scream.

"Calm down no one is going to hurt you!" he said digging his fingers into my shoulders hard making me wince, why was he so warm?

"STOP! WE NEED TO GO! THE WOLF!" I screamed trying to get up.

"There is NO wolf! Calm down its alright!"

What?! There was no wolf?

"Get off me! Get off me NOW!" I gasped out, looking up at the guy, he was probably about Andy's age with short black hair and dark black eyes, I momentarily stopped fighting him because he was so attractive, but the fact that he was shirtless made me sort of freak out!

"GET OFF!" I repeated angrily trying to yank myself free.

"I will I will, as soon as you calm down!" he told me staring at me hard.

"Why are you on top of me?! Get off me! Why did you tackle me?" I rambled on trying to squirm under him.

"You wouldnt stop running! You know for a small person you sure do run fast!" he gave me a smirk.

"Who the hell are you?!" I spat angrily trying to get him off me.

"Im Gabriel, and you are?" he introduced himself with a cocky smile.

"GET OFF ME! GABRIEL You're hurting me!" I tried to shove him away but he held my wrists and pinned them to the ground making my heart crash in my chest, holly shit who was this person and why had he tackled me?!

"Look before I get off you I need you to tell me you're calmed down, your heart is beating really fast right now, probably from running or from shock, but either way I dont want you passing out." he said seriously.

He didnt want me to pass out?! My heart was beating really fast? What was this creep saying!?

"GET OFF ME NOW!" I screeched at the top of my lungs, I kicked and trashed but boy this guy was heavy! I noticed how muscular he looked and how well built he was, no wonder I couldnt freaking breathe!

"You're not calmed down, I need you to calm down" he stated.

"I need you to get off me!"

"Calm down first"

"How do you want me to be calm?! I just saw a freaking wolf and now you suddenly tackle me to the ground and wont move!" I yelled angrily.

"That was me!" he said.

I looked at him confused and frowned "What?"

"The wolf you saw! That was me! I told you there was no danger! I wasnt going to hurt you" he told me.

He's a shifter, my mind said.

An instant chill ran down my back and I widened my eyes in fear, holly crap this person was a shifter?!

"GET OFF ME! GET OFF ME NOW! GET OFF ME!" I began to yell at him and tried punching him.

"Look I told you Im not going to-" he wasnt able to finish his sentence because in a sudden swoosh he was off me! Like if someone had just scooped him away from me!

I sat up from the shock of how fast he had gotten off me and thats when I saw my dad.

My dad had tackled him away from me and was now rolling on the floor with the shifter, or should I say, Grabriel.

I opened my mouth in shock when I saw how fast they moved, one second they were on the floor and the other they were on their feet, my dad with his one hand around Gabriel's neck.

"Anneliese! Are you alright? Baby?"

I didnt realize mom had her arms around me and was now putting me to my feet, I recognized her smell and touch though but I didnt look at her, I was to hypnotized at the way dad fought with Gabriel. They moved so fast all you could really see were fast blurs.

"Anneliese what happened? You're hurt!" mom's worried voice snapped me out of my trance.

"He....he...tackled me!" I chocked out looking back at dad.

"JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MUTT?" I heard dad say, he had Gabriel pinned against a tree and was holding him by the neck again.

Holly shit dad looked so mad it made me terrified! I had never seen him like that! His eyes were such a dark red they looked almost pure black, and his normal teeth had turned to sharp fangs! Just like the vampire girl who attacked Andy! His whole posture was so tense I was afraid he would break.

I could see Gabriel shaking hard with fury, his teeth were doing weird things, they kept getting pointy and then going back to normal looking teeth which was something completely creepy!

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME LEECH!" he spat back.

"WHY WERE YOU ON TOP OF HER? DO YOU KNOW WHO SHE IS?" Dad asked angrily applying more pressure to his neck, he snapped his eyes to my knees and I realized they were bloody from when I had been tackled.

"HOW DARE YOU HURT HER!" dad growled angrily with such venom in his voice it gave me goosebumps!

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME LEECH!" Gabriel repeated through clenched teeth, it looked like he was struggling really hard to keep calm.

"Ashton get back!" mom said quickly hugging me tightly.

What happened next was too incredible for my own two eyes to believe, one second Gabriel was a normal looking human and the next he shifted into the same giant black wolf I had seen back in the bushes.

I screamed and covered my mouth amazed and scared at what I had just seen!

Dad and mom put themselves in front of me and bent slightly down in an attacking position, they both looked so furious it made me take a step back!

Loud howls echoed out of nowhere and made me jump out of my skin! They were so loud and so close by!

A couple of seconds ago it had been just mom, dad, me and the Gabriel's wolf but now as I looked around I could see more wolfs cornering us making me let out a small shriek, how was there so many of them?!

Oh God would they attack us all?

"Gabriel! What do you think you're doing? Hold back!" I heard an angry grandpa Jake's voice demand.

I turned to see him walking to us quickly and furiously, the sight of him brought instant relief to me but also some fear, he looked equally as mad as mom and dad.

"Ashton Jade, are you alright?" he asked mom and dad.

"No we are not! This dog was just attacking Anneliese!" mom snapped angrily coming to my side and hugging me protectively.

"What happened?" grandpa asked angrily.

I cringed into mom and felt horrible for making grandpa mad, but still spoke up "I was taking a walk and he was following me, he tackled me out of nowhere" I said.

"He tackled you out of nowhere?" grandpa snapped his dark eyes at Gabriel.

"Yes, I saw him as a wolf and I thought he was going to hurt me so I began to run, but then he wasnt a wolf anymore...he was...a human, and he tackled me" my hands trembled from what I remembered.

Mom hugged me tighter to her "Punish him at once! How dare he hurt her?" she growled, actually growled, and snapped her eyes to Gabriel hatefully.

"Why were you out here walking by yourself Annie?" Grandpa asked with a sigh.

"Who cares!" mom snapped again, "Punish him!" she growled again her eyes were so dark and her teeth were so pointy I think I was shaking from how scary she looked.

"Jade calm down, I will talk to him and hear his side of the story" grandpa said beginning to calm down.

"You dont believe my daughter?" mom screeched at the top of her lungs making me wince.

"Of course I do! But I need to know what the hell he was doing!" he replied.

"Who cares what he was doing! He hurt Anneliese!" mom was really growing angrier by the minute, she had began squeezing me tightly and I dont think she noticed how tightly she was holding me until I yelped.

"He's my new beta Jade, he might've been just patrolling the area" grandpa said.

"Why are you defending him?" mom snapped.

Dad came to my side and prided me off mom's arms, he hugged me to his side protectively and I could still feel how tense he was, "Come here honey" he said sounding more calmed but the sharp fangs and the red dark eyes were still there.

"I'm not defending him, I just dont want to make assumptions" grandpa snapped back.

"I dont care who is father! If he's your Beta or third in command! He had no reason to tackle Annie!" mom crossed her arms tightly.

Beta? What was a Beta?

"Are you hurt Annie?" dad asked me gently.

I didnt answer, I was too observed in seeing the wolfs around me, in particular Gabriel, he didnt move or growl or anything, he just stayed in place watching everything with those big black eyes, his eyes were so dark and so deep. I looked away when he turned to look at me and I shuddered.

I couldnt believe I had just seen him shift into a giant wolf!

That had been so crazy!

"Annie let me see your hands" dad said taking one of my hands in his, they were all scraped from when I had fallen.

Mom and grandpa were still fighting and dad was checking my wounds, but I continued to sneak glances at Gabriel, the fact that he had just turned into a giant wolf was just so....scary but fascinating!

I hate to admit it but yes, it had been somewhat fascinating!

I watched all of the werewolfs around us, about six maybe, and couldnt help but wonder about them. Were they really people? Could they all shift as fast as Gabriel had?

"Annie are you okay baby girl? Talk to me" I heard dad say.

I was too interested in analyzing each wolf, how big they were, the color of their fur, how they looked.

I hadnt heard half of the things mom and grandpa said but we were suddenly leaving, both mom and dad had an arm around me and were hugging me protectively rushing away.

"Annie talk to us honey please" mom said more gently.

"I think she's in shock, from seeing that stupid dog shift" dad mumbled angrily.

"It really is unbelievable! How dare he even follow you! When he shifts back he's having a piece of me! Just wait until I talk to him! He wont be able to face my wrath!" mom was grumbling.

"He'll have a piece of both of us! I wish I could've banged his stupid head on the tree more!" Dad said sounding really angry.

"Dont worry honey, we wont let that stupid werewolf get away with this!" mom told me.

I didnt really care honestly, I looked back behind my shoulder to see Gabriel's dark wolf pacing around, he snapped his head up as if sensing I had looked back making me turn around immediately and gulp.

Holly shit what had just happened? What had I just seen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 9.9K 26
when sasha a very powerful werewolf who has had her heartbroken and lost her pack comes across a new pack and her possible mate who need her help wil...
712K 10.2K 15
[Book 1 complete l Book 2 ongoing] CURRENTLY BOOK ONE IS BEING EDITED. Available on radish. "If you don't love me at my worst, you certainly don't d...
71.2K 1.5K 26
You're a teenager with the love of dancing. As a child, you competed in community dancing competitions with all your friends. Your mother and father...
31K 1.4K 13
Promiscuity is addictive. It's so safe. You are not at risk of getting hurt, physically maybe , But emotionally ? No And the emotional pain is by f...