The Changing Age

By DessiJayde

She was just a normal, 13 year old girl. Except she had an exceptional IQ and is leaving for college; or so s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 2

18 0 0
By DessiJayde

  I am very sorry of that I sometimes lose control of my po- sorry I can’t tell you that... yet... Anywho, I was telling you about the day I call the day my life fell apart. Where was I? Oh right! The lady at the cash register.
“ They told me there would be a day where I would meet a lovely young lady, such as yourself, and I was to tell her something."
"Tell her, I mean me,  what? "
Instead of acting my question she continued her story as if she hadn't heard me.
"She would come in looking for a college maths book but would only look old enough for middle school. May I ask, are you the Phoenix Kaytlynne River?”
I knew then if not before that something was terribly wrong. I didn’t know this lady but how did she know of me? Maybe one of my friends knew her… I just might have forgot meeting her? No. There must have been another reason and I’d prove that statement to be so very true.
“Y-Yes ma’am. May I ask how you know me?”
Again she did not post me any mind.  She was all too strange and I was about to walk away. However,  she stopped me.
“Dear girl,  do not leave. You have much to learn. Would be so kind as to follow me dear.” I knew it all too true that I shouldn’t follow her but I thought she was too old to do anything to me… so i followed.
We started down a narrow corridor and the only thing keeping me from having a panic attack was thinking of my family.  We eventually  walked into a hallway much wider. As we walked I seen such strange things. We walked up to a very large, black door. There was a sign that stated :
All that enter here;
whether young or old,
WITHOUT
previous permission,
is in danger of the following:
Death
or
Destiny
Now as freaky as that sounded the cashier walked in and for a moment I was alone.  I could not stand alone anymore, therefore,  I follow shortly after. One thing bothered me. Everything was dark.
I tried to look for the cashier or some sort of light but I found neither. I was alone. In the dark.  I have panic attacks from claustrophobia, as you have probably noticed.  The only other things I can't handle is spiders... and the dark.
Suddenly, I hear the eerie creak of  the floor boards. Then, I hear a noise equivalent to that of a gun shooting beside my ear. Each time bringing more light to the room. In the dim light I see the cashier a few paces ahead. In front of her a long case of swirling stairs.
“Come my dear. We need not dawdle, there is someone who wishes to see you,”
“But, ma’am where are we going? My family-”
“Is not your real family. Now I said let's go!”
I froze. Not my real family what is that supposed to mean? They had raised me from birth. They never told me of a birth family or that they had adopted me. Who else could be my family? Before I could ask anything or even thoroughly process the thought Any further I saw her take a step on the revolving steps and quickly followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 99 29
Being almost Eighteen,Phoenix moves to the big apple after her mom loses her job,but her life will never be the same when she discovers that he life...
918 198 14
"Have I ever told you the story of The Phoenix Girl?" My Grandfather asked. "No, you have not," I said. My Grandfather was like any other old man...
9K 170 30
Amber isn't a normal 16 yr old girl.Her parents died in a car wreck when she was 15 yrs old. Ever since the accident shes been having the same night...
96 14 16
Dana is anything but the average 18 teen year old girl. She's living in a literal hell where she is forced to read minds. In all the stories and TV s...