A Dream, A Destiny

Von Amourboy15

Serena Yvonne, a poor living girl. Working hard to keep up with her life but then she meets the one and only... Mehr

Honey blond girl
The Ketchum boy
Girl from the gutter
Embarassed
A father and son
Ash's apology
If at first you don't succeed
Hospital
Headache
Wakeup call
Care for you
That's what friends are for
Start something new
Leaf
Trust
Meet up, again
Ash meets Alain
Lets have a talk
Love triangle
Authors note
Some explaining to do
Past
Choice for the gala
Grace
Take her number
A date
A Girl talk
Girls day out
Ready for the Gala
Who's that Cinderella?
Wonderful tonight...or not
Soul mate
Destiny rebirth
A heat one
Give them something to talk about
Note passing
Ash's decision
All fall down
A broken relationship
Colours of the wind
Argument
Detention
The reason
Getting closer to you
A bright present
Make a wish
We go, you change

Take my breath away

4.3K 166 128
Von Amourboy15

Serena POV

After searching every corner in building which took me about a minuet each. I looked up ahead in sight and found Ash sitting on a single chair opposite the entrance with no one around, his head covering in his cupped hands. Uncertainly, I approached, twisting my purse nervously in my bare hands. Is he crying? I thought to myself.

Apparently hearing me get closer, Ash raised his head and gave me a gentle smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. I was relieved to see that he wasn't crying at all.

"I'm sorry I ran out like that," he said apologetically as I pulled up a chair and sat next to him. Getting myself comfortable by placing my purse on my lap as I looked at his whole face. "I just couldn't take it - talking about Gary like that - talking about me like that..." His voice trailed off and he stared at his own hands, taking a moment before speaking out. "I just... had to walk away before I punched him out."

"Its okay, Ash," I assured him, trying my best in a care free tone, patting his free shoulder with my face in concern.

He slowly moves his body back like he was falling and rested the back of his head against a plain hard wall, closing his eyes shut. "My head hurts like ****," he mumbled. "I thought the- aneurysm was gonna implode, I was so pissed."

"He shouldn't have been baiting you," I said, my voice rising in anger. Not to get to into an argument. "He knows you're sick, he knows what could- potentially- happen when you get mad-."

"And he doesn't give a crap. All he cares about is work, money and - Leaf." Ash scowled out from his mind. "He just loves Leaf. Sometimes, he probably wishes she was his only child. I know I suck, I'm a waste of resources." He gave a humourless laugh. "But, he's stuck with me." He sounded so sad, and looked so dejected that it was all I could do to keep myself from crying my eyes out. I put an arm around his shoulder, wishing there was some way I could make him see that I didn't think he was a waste of anything.

"Why does he – dislike you so much?" I questioned delicately, looking at his pensive profile. Wanting to know more about their relation.

He sighed. "It's a long story." He said slowly.

"Oh. Right." In other words, none of your business.

I nodded in responce, deciding to leave it alone. But you told him about Alain and Mairin when he asked and if that wasn't a long story, I must be loco.

What I was thinking must have showed up one my face because Ash hurriedly added, "I'll tell you all about it one day, but not now. I don't wanna deal with it right now."

Fair enough.

"Okay," I whispered until Ash wrapped his arm around my slim waist, gently pulling me closer to him just as my legs touched his. Caughting me off guard as a hot blush formed across my cheeks. I hope he doesn't see it or else it's even more embarrassing for me.

"This date's been a bust. I'll make it up to you, I swear," he said ruefully, gazing ahead at a clear open space.

"I'll hold you to it." I respond with a sweet smile at him and cheeks slowly fading from red.

We sat like this for a couple minutes in silence, each of us lost in our own private worlds until-

"What are you two doing here?" a sneering voice said above us, ringing my perked ears.

I looked up and almost groaned out loud. Misty, Miette and last Brendan aka 'that money loving scumbag' were standing right in front of us. The funny thing was, I hadn't heard them approach, even though Misty was tottering on her 6 inch heels.

What do they want?

Ash didn't want to find out. Without removing his hand from my waist. I noted Miette's beady little eyes take this in and I almost giggled. He glanced at them all and said, "I'm really not in the mood right now."

Misty rolled her eyes. "You're always so suspicious, Ash," she cooed. "We don't want to start anything, we just came over to compliment Serena on her- unique dress choice." She smiled at me. I blinked nervously. Did Misty Waterflower just compliment me?

"Um, thank you, Misty," I replied.

"You're quite welcome, my dear," Misty said kindly, as Ash narrowed his eyes sceptically. "In fact, Miette was just saying to me that you must be very brave to show up to a black tie event wearing a bright magenta dress, weren't you, Mia sweetie?"

That was way too good to be true.

Tossing her head in my direction, Miette nodded, a vicious smile twisting her lips. "I know I wouldn't have had the nerve to wear a pink dress when the dress code was so clearly outlined in the invitation." A snide glance at Ash. "But since you were Ash's last minute resort, I guess he didn't have time to tell you what colors aren't accepted at parties such as this."

Last minute resort? Like I cared about being Ash Ketchum's last minute resort? But the dress code thing- that was worrisome. No wonder everyone was staring at me when I walked into the ballroom.

"Maybe next time, you'll know better," Misty said cheerfully, still in mother mode. I wish she would stop smiling. Misty only smiles when someone was about to get hurt and after the night I was having, I didn't want it to be me.

Miette snickered gently. "If there is a next time. From what I hear, you didn't impress papa Ketchum, did she, Ash? Perhaps next time you'll take my advice."

I was nonplussed. Take her advice on what?

"If all you guys are here for us to talk crap, just leave. I really don't wanna hear it. I wanna sit here with my date, and I mean it," Ash said firmly, pulling me even closer to him by making my blush go deep red. My head slowly going onto his free shoulders without control. Miette's lips tightened and her nostrils flared as she saw this.

Brendan spoke up for the first time. "You two seemed pretty bored when we walked up."

Ash eyed him. "How kind of you to notice. I guess you'd know boredom when you see it, since Miette's always bored when she's with you." He said emotionless.

"Now, now, boys," Misty tittered. "Let's not fight. Serena, see what you've started? I just came here to compliment you on your outfit and the boys are at each other's throats!" She said without the two boys listening to her words.

"How would you know that she's bored with me? Last time I checked, you're never around when we're together," Brendan said heatedly. He was obviously spoiling for a fight. What he didn't know was that Ash was spoiling for one as well.

"I know more than you'd think. I know, for instance, that you're staring down my date's dress as we speak," Ash said, still talking in that calm, emotionless voice.

Miette scowled as Brendan blushed. I immediately hugged myself, wishing that I had a shawl or something. Humiliating.

"Why the hell would I do that when I have Miette right next to me?" Brendan blustered loud, gazing at Miette beside him. She stepped away from him as he attempted to put a hand on her free shoulder. Hello, drama! I had a feeling Brendan was going to be in the doghouse for a long time, which was what he deserved. Looking down my dress? I shuddered with disgust. What a sleaze ball.

Ash shrugged. "The hell if I know. Just stop checking out my date, alright?" He spoke with a meaningful way.

"I'll stop checking out your date if you stop sleeping with mine," Brendan said easily out of a blue.

The silence that came after that statement was filled with so much tension that my ears actually popped. Misty's eyes stretched comically wide and her mouth opened in an 'o' as she stared from Ash to Brendan.

"Brendan! What are you talking about? I don't- he doesn't-." Miette looked complete shocked all over her face as she turned to her boyfriend. I realised that the dumb bimbo had no idea that everyone knew about her and Ash.

"Oh Come on, Miette, you honestly thought I wouldn't find out that you're hooking up with this asshole behind my back?" Brendan said impatiently.

Soon, Ash stood up in a flash from his chair before sliding off my waist, his eyes burning into Brendan's. He was about two inches taller than Brendan but significantly skinnier.

"Do you have a problem with that?" he asked Brendan, some of his old arrogance back as he moved into Brendan's space, both face to face. Glaring at each other's eyes in close range.

Uh-oh. This could get ugly. Ash was obviously looking to vent some rage and Brendan - he was there.

"Hell yeah, I do! Stop sleeping with my girl!"

Ash smirked wider on his lip. "I'll stop sleeping with her when she stops dragging me into supply closets whenever she wants some nooky and she can't get any from you coz you can't get it up," he said conversationally.

His taunts had the desired effect on Brendan who's expression changed into anger, he immediately lunged forward at Ash in a tackle. Both Misty and Miette squealed in fright as Brendan threw a punch at Ash, which missed its mark. Ash pushed Brendan away from him with a grin crawled on his tanned face.

"You wanna fight me, Brendan? Learn how to punch first, you pussy."

Grunting annoyance, Brendan swung his arm by throwing another punch which connected with Ash's shoulder making him flinch in pain, but still standing. Miette hid her face in Misty's shoulder. Misty, the one person who could have stopped the fight was just standing there in place with a rapt look of attention on her face while her eyes looking ahead at the fighting boy's who aren't even stopping one bit.

The story's gonna be all over school on Monday- Ash and Brendan fighting over Miette. Shameful.

Without hesitation. I got up to my feet without even knowing what I was going to do. All I knew was that this childishness had to stop, and now.

"Enough!" I barked, sounding just like Miss Jessie, the daycare supervisor, at her frazzled best.

Using every ounce of resolve I had, I pushed in between the boys, who were doing little more than shoving, and pushed Ash away from Brendan, who was breathing so fast he was almost hyperventilating.

"Are you serious?" I exclaimed. "I'm the one supposed to be from the hood but you two are acting like straight up gangsta's! We're in a hotel, not the streets! Stop it!" I retorted.

I'd had just about enough. My night had already been ruined beyond repair; this was just the fitting send-off. I should have gone to May's fashion show instead; it would have been a lot more fun.

Now, Everyone in room was staring at me and I quailed in fear. I've never been good with the spotlight.

I turned around, facing at the raven boy. "Ash, I think we should go somewhere else," I said quietly, unable to believe what I had just done. Come between Ash and Brendan fighting? Did I have a death wish? Serena Yvonne, you bad.

Not waiting for anyone else to talk, I grasped Ash's hand firmly and almost yanked him down the hall till we got to the bathrooms, leaving the trio behind. Then I propped myself up against the wall next to the ladies room around corner.

"I think my legs just gave out," I mumbled, half to myself. "Did you see the look on Brendan's face? I thought he was gonna kill me!"

"Sere, that was seriously- dumb," Ash said bluntly, standing in front of me in short space and staring down at me, his hands clasped behind his back. His raven hair was tousled and his white shirt was rumpled with crease and he looked unfortunately delicious. "You coulda gotten hurt." He spoke with concern.

I frowned. "I stopped you though, didn't I? When you were acting like immature idiots?"

Ash nodded, looking slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, you did. Even though it was mad dumb." As soon as he said that, He gave me a lopsided grin. "And incredibly brave."

I let out a shaky breath. Now that I thought about it, maybe intervening in the fight had been a dumb move. What if I had gotten punched? How would I have explained that to my mom? Somehow, I don't think 'I fell down the stairs' would cut it.

"Why'd you have to taunt him like that? He only threw that punch coz you were spoiling for a fight," I said slowly. And you taunted him just like your dad taunted you. Which means you're more like him than you thought.

Ash sighed. "He just- he pissed me off, the way he was looking at you..." His voice trailed off as we looked at each other. I could hardly believe my ears. Was he feeling possessive towards me? "I'm really-."

"Ash," I muttered wearily, running a hand through my short hair. I knew what he was going to say which I didn't want to hear it again. "If you say you're sorry again, I'm gonna cry. I don't think you want that. It'll make that day in Walls seem positively tame."

"Okay, I won't say the s word," Ash said softly, coming closer to me by taking a step forward. "Can I just say how cute you looked when you were angry?" He complimented.

I looked up at Ash through my eyelashes with my eyes wide open. "Well, I wouldn't mind hearing that."

Dayum, he was totally flirting with me.

"And throughout your speech about the hood and gangsta's, all I could focus on was your hair." He put his warm hands gently on my free shoulders in a repeat of that day at May's place, leaning forward, burying his tanned face into my honey blond hair. Isn't that somewhat unsanitary? I mean, I did wash it tonight, but still!

"Mmm Damn, it smells so good. What shampoo did you use?" He questioned in a croaky tone, sniffing my hair by breathing in his nostrils, sucking the air then out onto my head. Feeling the warmness coursing through me. Resisting myself not to faint.

"L'Oréal Paris," I said, gulping rapidly as he raised his head from my hair and dropped a soft kiss on the top of my head causing my cheeks to go fully red.

"It smells delicious. Like, if hair was edible, you'd be bald by now."

That's a slightly scary idea. Thank God hair isn't edible- no one would want to see a bald Serena running around.

"I'm glad that's not the case," I said as Ash randomly hugged me to him, pressing his cheek against mine. His head placed on top of my shoulder while his body pushed me against wall. Leaving me no escape route.

"I suck at dates, don't I?" He whispered in my ear as I gave out a silent groan that his voice fanned my neck.

Shrugging as best as I could, I said, "Well, you sucked at this one."

Chuckling, he moved back and brushed his lips against my red cheek. "Next time it'll be better," he assured me, tucking a strand of my no doubt mussed up hair behind my ear from my eyes.

Hold up. Did he just say next time?

"What makes you think there's gonna be a next time?" I asked with curios.

Smiling roguishly at me, Ash said, "I never date and run. Promise."

I smiled back as he bent his head down again, presumably to kiss my other cheek. However...

Let me just clarify one thing.

It wasn't dark in that corner we were standing in. I didn't move my head suddenly at the last moment. So when Ash's warm, slightly moist lips brushed against mine, I was pretty much as flabbergasted as you are.

My sapphire eyes widen in surprise from the sudden touch. My lips were doing the talking as he kisses without looking into my eyes. Meaning his eyes were fully closed letting his breath entering into mine. His warm hand trickles down from my bare frozen shoulder to back, nearly ontop of my bottom while his other hand was on my other shoulder slightly touching my good thin straps. Pressing me against the wall, no where to escape.

All I could do was watch him do it... all I could do was let my glossed lips brushed onto his... and all I could do was let it happen.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

649K 25K 107
Do you want to know what your Zodiac Sign reveals about yourself? Your answers will be revealed in this book of Zodiac Signs. Interesting facts, squ...
4.5K 62 7
An Azur Lane alternate universe story. Story inspired by the fanfiction video on YouTube created by Ryuma Brunestud Enterprise's Past (Enterprise Fan...
10.7K 329 5
Lila is visited in the night by her nemesis, who offers her a second chance to be a hero. NOTE: this was written for Lilanette Week in 2016, and take...
850K 52.2K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...