Goddess assassin (BOOK ONE)

By hiddensouth

My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. Afte... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
CHAPTER 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 29
Chapter 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
Character summery
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
Chapter 50
CHAPTER 51
Epilogue of book 1

CHAPTER 28

24.4K 749 59
By hiddensouth

Jessica's POV

max closed the door leaving me and grey in the cell together, I've wasted too much time already I need to get some water and be left alone.

I whipped my body back and forth pulling at the chains assessing just how strong they were, and of course he had put me in quiet the bind he really didn't want me getting out. only when he put me in here he was dumb enough not to check for any weapons that I was carrying. cocky bastard. he also didn't know I had experience with getting out of tight places like this. back when I was younger I had to learn the hard way of escaping chains and bars and now with my assassins skills I was naturally a pro.

"this brings back a lot of memories." I spoke to myself completely forgetting grey was in the same cell as me.

"what you mean your brother does this regularly to you lass?" grey said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"shut up" I replied, I needed to concentrate, I got to work curling my hand into the size that could go the furthest out of the chains and pushed them back through. I didn't have much time before my arms grew sales as hard as steel and by then I would truly be fucked. I began dislocating both my hands hearing the loud cracks and pops. "urgh I'm not sure whether thats really cool or disgusting. how can you do that with a calm face. I mean your hands look like theyve gone through a beating machiene lass." I cracked a few more trying to shut him up. I really hate talkative people they just don't know when to shut their traps. "stop it before you really hurt yourself..." as soon as those left his mouth he was just as shocked as me to what he said.

awkward silence followed and I went back to dismantling my hand. I squeezed both hands through the chains and hit the ground. I was facing grey when I looked up the horror on his face which was something I could just drink right up all day and then he blurred, my vision left me to go back to some unwanted memories that I had tried to forget.

I was lying on the ground from the exhaustion of pulling away my chains my body was burning from the pain of having my toenails ripped off. my feet were bloody and the room was dark but I could still see where I was going because there was nothing to see and I already knew where everything was I pushed open the barred door that they never locked so as to tempt me even more to escape, and as I began to climb up the stairs my heart rate was sky rocketing. my natural instincts were telling me it was around 9pm and the loud shouting and music outside of the dungeon indicated Sam was having another one of his parties. I reached the button that would either give me torture or freedom. freedom if I escaped or even more pain if I didn't. either way some of my animal instinct surged through me making me pull back my hand and swing ready to hit the fated button. only just as I did so the door above me opened revealing Sam who was holding a stubby in one hand and so drunk he kept swaying left to right. my heart jumped out of my chest and I ran the rest of the way up trying desperately to escape as my legs surged me on from the horror what was to await me. I knew what was going to happen he would catch me and id probably get something broken. but I needed to try and sure enough as I reached the door leading outside of his room he grabbed my hair and wrenched me back as I screamed for someone to help.

" yy-you tthink I was dat stupid to leave my door unlockesh. I mean reshently you've been escaping and itsss b-been really annoying but I know how to fix that.

I could barely hear his drunken speech over my screaming from the pain of being dragged backwards down the stairs by my hair. he threw me into my cell and turned back around to lock it so we were both in it together. I curled into a foetal position just waiting and crying hoping that someone would come to my rescue. and that was when it happened a slab of wood smashed against my pinkie toe and ring toe so hard they were no longer attached to my body and as I screamed in pain and shock Sam just laughed and laughed." next time itll be a finger! he declared and as he left my cell laughing I silently cried and cried holding onto my foot trying to stop the bleeding losing even more of my sanity and hope.

My vision returned and I found myself holding the foot with my two missing toes over the runner. I looked back up at grey who was no longer staring at me in horror instead he was looking over at the corner of the room.

what lost your sense of humour he just ignored me and I got up not wanting to waste time and kicked down the cell door that popped out as easily as popping out a pill from its foil. I walked out and by now my stomach also started developing scales and I ran over to the door whilst cracking my hands back into place running outside totally forgetting about grey because instead my mind was on one thing water.

Hurrying I went down a further 2 flights and reached the door my siren would be able to roam around for a while in, I was breathing heavily I needed to shift now any longer and I'll end up killing the first thing I see.

Grabbing onto the door handle the females voice came on overhead.

'Identification Jessica Heartwell access granted' the door unlocked and I walked in.

Automatically the door behind me closed and locked as I walked to the centre of the underwater cave. The sight of water was enough to make my skin burn in the air. Today has been a terrible day my siren keeps becoming more insistent and is harder to control. And then there's Elliott who - I'm not even going to begin talking about only that hes gonna get a whole world of pain when I see him again.

Removing the clothes from my burning flesh I thought of what grey had said to me after I asked him the question about his family.

"I don't have any it's as simple as that. My parents were apparently killed in some sort of accident and I was found by rouges who raised me and in the end, they died to. It seems everyone I cared about dies in the end. Why do you ask.?" I remember his blue eyes searching deep into my own.

"Youre lucky really. At least you weren't abandoned and made to see the people you love get murdered." I replied, my heart was cold and hurt. Not knowing the answer as to why I was opening up to Grey I locked him back into place.

Dipping the foot with two missing toes into the ice-cold water sudden relief filled me for a few moments. Pulling it back out my remaining toes were now fully scaled. Backing up a few steps I ran and jumped into the air landing in the crisp water that frosted the fire on my skin and wrapped around my legs which in no Longer than a minute became a tail. My nails grew into claws and gills grew on my neck. And I sat back giving my siren full control of my body as I watched from the inside of my mind as she explored the cave for hours.

ELLIOTS POV.

It's been 6 hours since I locked her down in that cell and every passing minuet sweat pours down my neck. I don't know why I'm so scarred of her I mean were equal in skill but part of me believes she wasn't at her full strength when we fought in the cells. Mikayla was in the kitchen finishing washing the dishes after dinner and I was starting to get worried that she was suspicious about where jess was.

awkward silence had been going on for quite a while and after a few more minutes I broke the tension.

"So how did you and Rex meet?" I ask it was the only thing that came to mind at the time and I cringed mentally face palming myself knowing the question was pretty personal. Today's just not my day.

"Well let's just say at the funeral for a girl he used to know, sad really what happened to her." My gaze shot at her.

"Who?" I asked curious.

"Umm I think her name was Jacinta no that wasn't it.... Jessica that's the one Jessica heartwel? ever herd of her. she was on the news quite a lot when it was discovered she was dead." She replied putting the dried cups in the cupboard above her head and turning around to face me.

"Here and there. but why did you feel sorry for her?" I asked calmly as if I thought nothing of it but really inside I was ready to latch onto her throat and strangle the shit out of it if she didn't hurry up.

"Well let me think I remember over hearing Sam and Rex one day saying about how on various occasions she had accidents in the science room but in truth they were laughing because they thought it was funny how she cried for the brother that died who she once held deer when people tipped acid on her. Sad really I couldn't get more on the subject because they caught me eaves dropping and they were careful about mentioning it around the house." A moment of silence was held my stone heart crumbling away as guilt played a role in my guts. I knew she was getting bullied but I didn't know it was like that. My heart patched its self-up when the most alluring sound came from down below us. I looked over at Mikayla who looked at me with the same confused expression. I held up my hand as I motioned her to follow. When I went into the pantry I stopped for a moment before realising what I was doing. Was it really ok to show her this...

Ah who cares she belongs to Jess and Rex proves that she could hold her tongue in tough situations.

Turning around to face her I whispered as seriously as I could to get her on track with what I was saying. She was looking at me confused and worried because I was just standing in the middle of the pantry and I asked her to follow me.

The beautiful sound from here was bewitching enough to motivate me on.

"Listen, what I'm about to show you, you can't tell anyone about you must take it to your grave understand?"

She still looked worried about me but she nodded understanding what I was asking of her. When she was about to speak I flicked the switch and the hidden stair case was revealed. A slight gasp escaped her lips and she hurried by my side as I flicked the switch on the wall down the stairs to hide the passage way up again.

Each step I took pulled me into a further trance to find the mystical voice which began to sing, we went past the first door along with the second that was awfully quiet for holding my sister and then the third until we reach the last at the bottom of the stairs.

"What's in there?" Her whisper was loud in the silence and the singing stopped. An Erie silence drifted in the air.

"Don't know." I said quietly making her jump with the sudden noise. "Well go on open it." She said and the voice began to sing louder than before.

Reaching out my hand I grasped the handle and twisted but nothing happened.

"Identification Elliott heartwel access denied" a computer over a Loud speaker came on.

Shit how does this computer know who I am? And for that matter whats Mikayla thinking? Now she knows my real name she will link me to Jessica and from there the mission will be at even more danger.

I looked over at my shoulder.

Her face was full of wonder and ...... Anger.

Why would she be so angry.

"You bastard. Does Amanda know youre not really her brother, that you abandoned your own sister leaving her to think you were dead so you could do hell only knows what? not caring about anyone else. I bet you don't even care she's dead. Men... like you are so. selfish." She whispered under her breath looking up at me with so much disapproval it hurt. she turned on her heal and walked up the stairs out of the hidden rooms.

I don't know how I'm going to explain everything to her. Why are WEMON so emotionally difficult and hard to read.

Walking up after her a large splash was herd from the other side of the door. I hadn't realised everything went quiet as Mikayla spoke her mind to me, and I began to worry about what was on the other side of the door that I couldn't have access to but those questions will have to wait until I clear things up with the second woman of the house.

And I thought one was hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 33 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...
1.9M 77.9K 60
"I call bullshit." Digging my finger into his broad chest, I met his intense stare without an ounce of fright, "I've been calling bullshit for the pa...
371K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
354K 11.2K 62
"No," She stood up straight and took his hand off her thigh. She straightened her dress and began to walk away. He grabbed her wrist and leaned again...