Love's Complicated

By La_Meyer

Hi, my name is Mia, I am 17 years old and still currently in that dreadful thing called school. When I was ab... More

Dress Shoping
A New Student!
Lots Of Eye Rolling
So Not Possible
He Hasn't Noticed Me...Yet
Friday's Are Always Happier
Sharing Books Again
Why Would He Choose Us
Jealous?
The Fall
Help From...HIM
Small Innocent Smiles
Crying Over An Ankle
Visiting Rosie
Lilly And Jake Are Home
Earphones
The Nightmare
Acting Different
Bad Moods
Rosie's Not Here Again!
Sleeping at 4 o'clock?
Only Realizing This Now?
Cuter With Glasses
Arguments With Sisters
Pretending To Be Someone Else
Wedding Day
Moving
Popular Girls!
I Know Him From Somewhere!
Late For School
Xavier's Talking to the Popular Girl?
She Has A Boyfriend!
Messages That Made My Heart Flutter
Timothys Son!?
So Close
First Time
He Kissed Me
We Need To Talk
Never Faught Like This
Worrying About Little Sister
In Darkness
Things Not Tying Up?
Not Feeling So Well
The Truth Will Come
Hospital Visit
The Painful Truth
I Haven't Kissed You In A While
Our Little Thing We Had, Over
Bottled Up Feelings
Make Up
Knocked Out
Anger and Frustration
Make Out Session
I Love You

Love's Complicated

1.5K 19 1
By La_Meyer

I picked my light purple bag up off of the floor and packed it with all my books and my lunch. School! Hated it...

"Mia are you ready?" Taylor called from downstairs.

"Yes I'm coming" I shouted towards my sister. I grabbed my backpack, swinging it on to my shoulder and ran downstairs, being careful not to trip in the process as I rushed down.

I always tried to be late for school because I hated going, Rosie -my best friend- was the only reason that I did go to that awful place, it was like a jail that sent you home and then forced you to come back with papers and heavy books!

"Bye everyone." Taylor shouted out as I ran out the door just as Taylor was about to close the door.

Jumping into the car, I rested my head against the window absolutely dreading this day, a tear rolled down my cheek as I thought about my parents,

"Mia.." Taylor said as she heard me sniff,

"Yeah?" I said my voice strained a little while still facing the window, watching the trees pass in a blur.

"Just stay strong today, ok!" She said, Taylor patted my back and I turned my head towards her, Wiping my face with the back of my hand as another tear fell down my cheek.

"I just still can't believe that today six years ago they were still with us for only a few more hours" I said my voice straining a little again.

I grabbed a tissue from my pocket and I wiped the dry tears off of my face, silence fell in the car and I knew that we were both crying now,

"At least we still have each other" Taylor said breaking the silence as she pulled up to the school,

"Enjoy your day Mia." She said smiling,

She kissed me on the forehead and I opened my door, I set my foot out of the car and pushed myself out. I walked along the grass and then up the stairs and down the hall way. Turning the corner I noticed as everyone started staring at me.

Hurrying towards my locker I put my key into the lock, the lock clicked open and I opened the door, lifting my heavy bag I pulled out the books I didn't need, including my lunch box. I closed the door and locked it again.

As I walked down the hall way I heard whispers everywhere around me, everyone knew that today was the day my parents died, and that today was the day six years ago that my life changed forever! It became lonely. I looked around for Rosie as I walked to class.

"Mia! There you are" I jumped as I heard my name,

"Hay..." I said coldly as I continued to walk, I heard Rosie sigh behind me and stomp besides me.

"Hay brighten up its Friday!" She said letting off a huge smile that was irresistible to guys,

Rosie was the type who got all the guys but she chose me over them,

I walked past some of my old friends as they tried not to make eye contact with me as I give them the death stare, Rosie was silent the whole way to class, I personally think it's because she realized what day it was for me and my sister, she never liked to bring it up so she just never said anything,

"When is Taylor getting married?" Rosie asked as we sat at our desks,

"One month" I smiled thinking of how happy Taylor is with her Fiancé,

"Yay I finally got you to smile!" She said joking with me, I giggled at her comment and the teacher came in yay the beginning of the school day... what fun!

Sitting at my desk I listened to the lesson. Sort of. I actually had no clue what our teacher was talking about; my head was some place other... Don't ask me where. I'm like an expert at day dreaming but I like think of the most random things ever. I'm just glad I'm not thinking about my parents too much.

The rest of the day wasn't all that bad. Rosie obviously tried her best to keep my mind off of things, which really helped me through the day.

Falling asleep wasn't too hard either and it was probably the first time that I hadn't gone to bed with tears on my face for this sad anniversary.

---

Beep beep beep

Ah the "joyful" sound of an alarm at 8 o'clock in the morning.

Moaning I pushed my blanket to the side as the fresh morning air hit me. My room was freezing in the mornings and every morning I would have goosebumps! My eyes still slightly blurry from just waking up, I got up and put my slippers on.

I walked downstairs in my pink fluffy pajamas, my feet feeling heavy from just waking up. I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet.

I got the cereal and milk out and made my self a bowl of cereal. Today was Saturday -the best day of the week- and Taylor and I had to go dress shopping - she was getting a wedding dress and I was getting a bridesmaids dress which I was so excited for! I took my bowl of cereal and sat in front of the TV while I watched some Glee which, by the way, was my favorite tv series!

"You watching Glee again!" Taylor said dramatically as she walked past, also in her pajamas, except hers were blue and not a girly pink like mine.

"Come watch" I said while they started breaking out singing and dancing,

"I'll watch it later, I'm kinda in a rush" Taylor said opening the cupboard.

"Why? We're only going dress shopping later on?" I asked a little bit confused as I put another spoon of fruit loops into my mouth.

"Damen is taking me to go get a venue for the wedding" She said as she poured the milk into her cereal bowl.

"Ok well enjoy."

Walking into the kitchen and put my bowl into the dishwasher, then finished watching Glee. Thereafter I went up to my room, flopped down onto my bed and drifted off for a while.

Suddenly I felt a buzz in my hand and woke up to my phone vibrating. I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I opened the text message and saw that it was from Rosie.

"Hay Mia. Just wondering how you are doing?" I frowned at the question and quickly replied.

I put my phone down on to my side table and looked at my watch. It was already past lunch time but I wasn't even hungry. I hadn't put in any self effort - I was still in my pajamas and I hadn't brushed my hair.

"Mia, are you ready?? We are running late!" Taylor suddenly called from downstairs.

My eyes widened as I realized I wasn't even close to being ready to walk out that house.

I jumped off of my bed and rushed towards my closet, pulling clothes out of it and throwing them onto the floor,

I looked in my cupboard and had no clue what to wear, eventually grabbing a pair of high waist shorts and a floppy pink shirt. I tied my light brown hair into a messy bun and quickly applied some make-up on to cover my freckles.

"MIA! Get down here!" Taylor shouted again, sounding angry.

I ran downstairs, trying not to trip, and ran out the house. I jumped into the car, and Taylor followed behind me and locked the house.

"Mia, I told you I would be here at 1 o'clock and it's 1:39 now!" Taylor said as she started the car. She gave me this whole lecture on being on time but I never listened. She was acting like my mom now.

"Taylor chill, you're acting like mom." I said staring out of the car window, I looked at Taylor and she was frowning at me, I rolled my eyes and looked out the window again as I watched the trees and houses go by.

Now we were both in bad moods..

The rest of the way there was spent in silence. We stopped at the wedding place and I had a bit of excitement in me for once, we walked in and I was engulfed by dress after dress after dress, there were so many!

The dress shop had white walls with a purple tinge to it, there were lots of people looking around and there were all different types of dresses from party dresses to the princess dresses you would see on Disney movies.

"Mia should we do you first?" Taylor asked looking around as we walked down the hallways, I could tell she was in awe by all the dresses and how much choice she had.

"Uhm, no, it's fine you go first, I can't wait to see you in a dress" I said smiling brightly as we walked through the wedding department.

I sat down on a soft chair while I waited for Taylor to get dressed into her first dress. I sat there for about five minutes watching as people went past until Taylor finally came out in a dress that was ok but she did look stunning in it, the dress was long and poofed out at about mid waist, the top was a sweetheart neck-line and fitted her body tightly, the dress had lots of patterns on that sparkled whenever she moved.

"And?" She asked, watching my expression carefully.

"We'll it's OK, I don't like the pattern on the top so much," I said giggling a bit,

"Haha, okay," Taylor said a little disappointed and went to go get into the next dress, I sat there for another few minutes and decided to see what other dresses there were around the place. I got up from my seat and started walking slowly, I turned the corner slowly, not really concentrating on where I was going as I turned I hit my shoulder on something and then I tripped over something and hit the ground, I got up as fast as I could so no one could see my fall.

"Are you OK!" This boy said as he held his phone, Oh...I tripped over someone not something. Nice one Mia.

"Yeah I'm fine" I smiled shyly as I stood there awkwardly.

"Sorry I was on my phone and I wasn't concentrating," He smiled and i literally could feel my heart melt at that smile, he had brown muffled hair and a sweet smile that I had never seen before on anyone and deep sea blue eyes that were very mesmerizing and he had a few earrings too which made him look very badass, he was wearing blue skinny jeans and a casual hoodie with the word OBEY on it. If I remember correctly OBEY is a brand.

"Mia where are you?" I heard Taylor calling my name in frustration,

"Sorry I have to go, nice meeting you." I said mumbling a bit, rushing as I smiled and scrambling away while tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, well I have to say he was very cute!

"Mia, where were you?" Taylor said, but I just smiled as I saw her beautiful dress, it was similar to the previous one, it was long and had a sweetheart neck-line with a netting covering her chest, there were patterns swirling around it in an exquisite design.

"Oh my word!" I shouted in joy, "Taylor you look gorgeous!! This is sooo the one!!" I exclaimed and smiled excitedly.

"I like it too and I just needed your confirmation" Taylor smiled and looked at herself in the mirror again and I did the same,

***

(Hay everyone how did you like the first chapter?

Please comment and vote

Thank you

Ps. follow my other story Living By A Social Status.

Xx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 147 37
"Would you like to dance?" the boy asks me. I stare deep into his blue eyes, but I can't figure out who he is. He's tall with dark hair and the brigh...
79.5K 1.4K 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
237K 9K 32
My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sacrifice that resulted in my mate being Lu...
33.6K 1.1K 27
I am Sam, a 17-year-old in my junior year, weighing 200 pounds. I am fat; calling me fat is an understatement. I am obese. If you call getting a stra...