By My Side

By gen3king

My name is Leo Benidict. I'm a high school student. I take honors classes, get decent grades I'm popular... k... More

Welcome to my Life
Ill
Just Another Morning
Keep Writing
Flee Elsewhere
Voices
Appearance
Power
Quiet Dinner
Direct Attacks
Rough Start
What Am I Doing Wrong?
Communist Revolution
Cutting Length
Apathy
My Love Life In A Nutshell
Edgar's Threat
Nobody
The Reason
The Attack
Screaming
Venting
Lingering Insecurities
Desperation
Almost Done
Emotion(less)
You Won't Break Them
Confronting Madness
An Ending

Still Sick

8 0 0
By gen3king

The next day, at lunch, I'm talking to my sisters, and just having a jolly time, when a coughing fit strikes. I try to hold it in as I feel bile build up within me, but I vomit. Yes, I still have that sinus infection.

"Dude are you OK?" Morgan asks.

"Yeah," I lie, "I'm fine."

"Dude," Haley replies, "you should go home. You're gonna get everyone else sick."

"Hey," I snap back, "I'm gonna get a lot more done here than I am there. Cause if I go home, I can't hang out outside, and I can't stay inside with my parents."

"You do know some people actually have loving parents right?" Haley asks.

"Well I don't," I reply, "family's a joke and that's all it is."

Haley sighs and lets it go as I wipe up the vomit before a faculty member sees the clear, smelly goo on the table. I just have to keep going. I just have to keep writing. Although... I wish I didn't. I wish, sometimes, that I could just... chill. Not have the urge to write. I love writing, and would do so by choice, but I do it compulsively. I require it.

I just wish that when I woke up at three in the morning, I didn't have to write a chapter to go back to sleep. That I didn't feel like I NEED to write so much. That I had someone by my side, someone to hold on my arms, and just relax. Just someone to make that urge stop, if only for a little bit.

I love writing, and I'll never stop, but I just wish that I could love someone, something, other than putting words to paper...

To bad that's just a distant fantasy to me, so I guess I'll write something else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Altered By Luella M Opal

General Fiction

434 51 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
5.3K 60 54
Which one of y'all falls in love too easily? Oh good, you. That's nice to know. It's gratifying to know I'm not alone here. Yeah, I'm one of those...
118 1 16
Thea Salvatore. She never thought her life could get so complicated, in such a short amount of time, in one situation continued on. After losing peop...
1.2K 47 3
What if you committed suicide one day. After just one horrible day that set you off. You know, the bullies and the mean classmates who want to help b...