My Chatting Mate *FIRST VERSI...

By SmilesNsunshines

[This is discontinued since there are a lot of plot holes, however I've written a new one. It's called My Cha... More

My Chatting Mate
1. Tree House
2. Dream
3. Traffic Light.
4. Cabin
5. Chat
6. Eavesdropping
7. Surprise
8. Secrets
9. Encounter
10. Decisions
11. Family vs Friend
13. Theodore
14. Crossed Fingers
15. Full Moon
16. Full Moon [ii]
17. Blackout Moment
18. It's from Tyler
19. Power Ranger
20. Video Chat
21. Crappy Pants
22. What a day
23. We Meet Again, Indigo.
Sloppy Kiss
24. My name isn't Power Ranger
25. Stop, just stop.
26. We've got company
27. I'm not stupid.
28. Theatrically
29. De-o
REDOING!
UPDATED!

12. Babysitter

5.3K 76 22
By SmilesNsunshines

Oh mother of all cheese, you guys! This books is going to reach 2k! That is utterly unbelievable! Thank you so much for all of your supports <3

12.

I took a last look around the room that I've been sharing with Avril for the past week, and sigh audibly along with my shoulder slumped. I know we still have school, technology and whatnot, but I can't shake off the feeling that this will probably be the last time that I'll see her again. I've gotten used to the idea of me and Avril going home together, living under the same roof. Sleeping in the same room. I'll never get tired of seeing her face, ever.

Closing the door behind, leaving behind the images of Avril weird sleeping position. How I wished I had recorded it and show it to her, I laugh softly upon thinking that thought. When I've reached the bottom of the stairs, the entire of Reed's family were present. Mrs Reed had a forced happy mask on, Mr Reed had his usual blank look - sometimes I really wonder if he has feelings. Robyn was pouting adorably, her eyebrows were pulled together making lines forming on her forehead and she had her arms crossed in front of her chest.

I walk over to Robyn and kneel down to her level. "Hey Robbie, no pouting." I say, as I tap her lower lip that was jutting, gently. "You won't look pretty."

"You won't watch Oggy with me anymore...I won't have anyone to play with and someone remind me I'm pretty." Her arms slowly unfold themselves and placing by her side. Her eyes were now glassy.

Please don't cry, please don't cry, I keep chanting in my head. I won't know what to do if a kid cry.

"I just live a couple blocks away. I'll come by whenever I have the time, alright?" I open up my arms and Robyn immediately fell into me. I rolled my hands behind her back, stroking her hair with one hand. "You still have Avril. Be nice to her, she's your sister too." I whisper softly into her ear.

Robyn pulls her head back, her green bluish eyes were glassy, tears were threatening to spill. She was biting into her lower lip, which was trembling, to prevent herself from crying. I held her gaze, sending a telepathic message to her; you are strong. She briefly nods as a response before going back to her previous position.

I don't know came over Robyn this morning. She didn't talk to Avril, scream, play or even look at her in the eye. Normally Avril would give her Kit Kat and everything will go back to normal. But not today. Avril and I, we had tried many different ways to make Robyn speak with her sister, or at least yell at her if she doesn't want to talk. All we got from her is 'I hate you'.

Both of us were taken aback when Robyn had said it with pure hatred towards her sister. She has never and I mean, never ever said that word to anyone. According to Avril, Robyn has been acting like that before I even wake up and tell them the news. Speaking about the news of me going home, without Mr Reed even giving me the green light. I told them the news over breakfast and everyone seems shocked but I can't say the same for Mr Reed.

He did ask why the sudden need for me to go home. I actually think that's a ridiculous question because a. I have a family back home. B. I miss them all, and lastly c. I can't stay here forever and break my sister's family up. I only told them that I miss my family and that was enough for them to believe. By the way, it's the truth, I do miss my family.

Getting back up on my feet, I direct my gaze over to Avril who looks all gloomy. My face imitates hers and I pull her in for a hug. A tight hug.

"I am so sorry Indie." She whispers in my ear, blowing warm breath onto my neck which was tickling me.

"There's no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." I assured her, rubbing her back in a comforting manner. What is wrong with both sisters? They both are acting like we'll never see each other again.

"I...this is all my fault." Avril whispered harshly. By her heavy breathing, I could tell that she's trying to control her anger.

Pulling back, I examine her features. Her eyebrows were drawn together forming a line in the middle. Her beautiful green bluish eyes which sparkle with happiness were now beaming with rage, narrowing indirectly at me. Her nose flaring, I could hear her haggard breathing like she had just run a marathon. Her lips were in a tight line, lower lip slightly jutting out. Avril looks mad.

A mad Avril is a scary Avril.

"Hey, common you guys. I'm just a phone call away." I say in a somewhat joking tone, hoping to ease the unhappy and gloomy atmosphere that's probably going to strangle me if I don't do something about it. "You guys, cheer up! It's not like I won't be visiting anytime soon. Besides, you can't get rid of me that easy, ya know."

I raise an eyebrow and put my hands on my hips as I shift my weight to another leg. Soft laughter finally fills the room, making the atmosphere lighter. Thank god!

"I'll be back next week, with a bag of mint cookies in hand." I say while keeping my gaze on Robyn, who is now showing me a small smile. "What d'you say Robbie?" I add.

"Sure! I want two bags." She gave me a toothy grin as she puts up her hand, showing only her index and middle finger while the other fingers curled downwards, into her palm.

Soon, it was time for me to go home. Giving the two Reed's sisters a last hug, I kissed Mrs Reed on the cheek and settle for a wave to Mr Reed as I hop into the backseat of my dad's truck. Gosh, I feel like I'm going to another country with the way I'm being sent off. Halfway during the journey back home, Mum and I we were talking about random stuff when my phone vibrates in my pocket.

Tugging my phone out, my phone screen shows that I've received a text message from Ryan. Ryan, I wonder how is he. It totally slips off my mind last night to call him, asking about his condition; is he safe or badly hurt. Without any second thought, I swipe the unlock button and click on the text.

Ryan: Hey Indie, how are you? I hope you aren't hurt in any other way. I'm sorry about what happened last night, it totally ruins the whole date...so erm...call me when you get this?

Without any second thought, I dial his number and on the first ring he picks up.

"Indigo?" He breathes out my name, making me shiver slightly.

"Hey, Ryan." I reply as I look outside the window, up in the afternoon sky.

"Are you hurt? Did they catch up to you?"

"Slow down, Ryan." I giggle while looking over at my parents who were giving me the look; are you talking to a boy. I sunk further into my seat, twisting my upper body slightly over to the door and bring my phone much closer to my mouth so my parents won't be able to hear what I was going to next.

"Yeah, I'm fine. No scratches nothing. Don't worry, Ryan." I whisper softly. "You? How about you? I heard a gruesome sound of bones breaking yesterday." I adds, while cautiously looking at my parents.

Ryan laughs. "I'm fit as a fiddle. Not a scratch on me."

I scoff and roll my eyes at the same time. "Alright Mr Cocky. Hey, I'll call you back later?"

"Sure babe. Talk to you soon."

My cheeks were instantly filled with warmth when he utters the word babe. I almost squeal out loud in happiness but had to control myself for I'm still on the car. Wouldn't want my parents to get all clingy on me. When dad pulls in our driveway, I hop off the car without thinking rationally that I could die or something while the car is still moving. Of course, I had an earful from mum and a deathly glare from dad.

Dad doesn't really talk much, he prefers to show you his words through actions. He's somewhat of an introvert, but really observant. If he happens to spot your mistake that he doesn't approve of, he won't point it out to you straightaway instead, he will wait until you realise. If you don't, he will gather all your mistakes and if it's your unlucky day and push the wrong buttons, be prepared for face hell.

Dad is worse than Gordon Ramsay when it comes to reprimanding.

After apologizing, I dash to where mum told me Wyatt would be, in his room with the babysitter. Climbing up the stairs, taking two at a time, I reached Wyatt's bedroom door in record breaking time. Standing in front of his white door with his name on the door, I hear laughter on the other side.

There were two kinds of laughter in there. Baby laughter belongs to Wyatt and a deep rumbling laughter belongs to someone I don't recognize, his voice I mean.

Twisting the door knob open, I was welcomed by the sight of Wyatt squirming all over the grey carpeted floor. His face was red from all the laughing, his little hands flying all over the place to stop the person from tickling his sides. He was laughing so hard to the extend that no voice comes out of his mouth. His mouh was wide open, showing us his two baby teeth and a whole lot of pink gum.

His eyes flutter close for a moment as he takes in a deep breath, restoring all the air back into his lungs. His arms went limp by his side and the next thing which shocks me the most when a light snore emit from his mouth. He went to sleep after all the laughing fits!

My baby brother is definitely something!

I was too stunned by the little action Wyatt had shown me to realise that the babysitter was still sitting there, at the end of Wyatt feet. It was a male babysitter that my mum had hired, since his back was facing me therefore showing me his broad and well build body.

He was wearing a blue shirt, which tightens around his biceps clinging onto it, making his biceps muscles protruding. That is one fine muscle there, I raise my eyebrows up and down for a minute. He has black hair which was cut short, very short like how the soldiers had their cut.

I mentally slap myself when I realised I've been checking his back out. Mum would've given me another earful for being rude and not introducing myself. Pushing the door wide open, I step into the room and walks over to the guy.

I tap his broad shoulder lightly and say, "Hi, I'm Indigo. Thanks for taking care of my - holy shit!" I stumble backwards when he turns around, facing me.

I did not cuss out because of his appearance or whatsoever. I cussed out because he looks so goddammit gorgeous and vaguely familiar.

Brown eyes, pointy nose, clean shaven face and a black ink peeking underneath his shirt sleeve got my attention. It was a tattoo on his arm, right in the centre of it. I could only make out a cursive ink before the sound of him clearing his throat snap me out of my trance.

"Nice to meet you again."

All air was cut off from my lungs, his voice made my blood freeze and had me glued in my spot. All I could do now is to watch him with wide eyes as he rise to his feet, turning his whole body to me and took antagonizing slow steps towards me. While walking, he smiles widely at me.

"I'm sure you remember me, Indigo. You were there that night and your scent wasn't hard to follow."

Of course I remember you, but I had you locked up in the back of my mind. I yell in my head, fearing that if I yell out in the open not only will I wake Wyatt up but he will kill me with the sinister look he's giving me right now.

"W-what are you doing here?" I barely whisper.

"Your mother hired me of course and strictly from Alpha orders that I had to follow you once I catch your scent."

Alpha?

"Do you know who am I, Luna?" He query, tilting his head. "I am-"

"I know who you are."

I was shaking when he finally made his way to me. Towering over me with his height, I didn't dare to look up and meet his gaze. The memories all came rushing back in a hurry. It was the day that after I stomp off and cry in the middle of the road after Ryan so called Valentine's surprise for me. The day where I found out his gang code and now I had to pay the price for he's coming for me.

"You're big biceps." That was the last thing I say before crashing down on the floor beside sleeping Wyatt.

♠♥♠♥♠♥♠

Question of the day (kinda irrelevant to this chapter btwy): How do you persuade your parents if you wanna go to a concert.

Please help me out! I literally suck at persuading anybody, whoever is a Queen/King of Persuasion please help me out! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...