Code of Conduct |18+ (Ménage)✔

By SerenityR0se

[COMPLETED]✔ Book 1 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Mature Book... More

|•Code of Conduct Reviews•|
READ - NOW - SERIOUSLY - DON'T - SKIP
⊰Copyright⊱
⊰Code of Conduct⊱
⊰1⊱
⊰2⊱
⊰3⊱
⊰4⊱
⊰5⊱
⊰6⊱
⊰7⊱
⊰8⊱
⊰9⊱
⊰10⊱
⊰11⊱
⊰12⊱
⊰13⊱
⊰14⊱
⊰15⊱
⊰16⊱
⊰17⊱
⊰18⊱
⊰19⊱
⊰20⊱
⊰21⊱
⊰22⊱
⊰23⊱
⊰24⊱
⊰25⊱
⊰26⊱
⊰27⊱
⊰28⊱
⊰29⊱
⊰30⊱
⊰31⊱
⊰32⊱
⊰33⊱
⊰34⊱
⊰35⊱
⊰36⊱
⊰37⊱
⊰38⊱
⊰39⊱
⊰40⊱
⊰41⊱
⊰42⊱
⊰43⊱
⊰44⊱
⊰45⊱
⊰46⊱
⊰47⊱
⊰48⊱
⊰49⊱
⊰51⊱
⊰52⊱
⊰53⊱
⊰54⊱
⊰55⊱
⊰56⊱
⊰57⊱
⊰58⊱
⊰59⊱
⊰60⊱
⊰61⊱
⊰62⊱
⊰63⊱
⊰64⊱
⊰65⊱
⊰66⊱
⊰67⊱
⊰68⊱
⊰69⊱
⊰70⊱
⊰71⊱
⊰72⊱
⊰73⊱
⊰74⊱
⊰75⊱
⊰76⊱
⊰77⊱
⊰78⊱
⊰Epilogue⊱
Bonus Scene -1-
Bonus Scene -2-
Bonus Scene -3-
Bonus Scene -4-
Bonus Scene -5-
Bonus Erotica Scene -1-
Book 2: Endgame✔
Book 3: Transgression ✔

⊰50⊱

82K 4.1K 1.1K
By SerenityR0se

🌹

"You think you're clever," Dante's emerald eyes cast that golden glint reflecting from the sunlight overhead, standing from the bench as I turn around, my hands still balled up against my thighs, "but you're not."

There's something dangerous harboring in those depths as he takes a step toward me and I instinctively retreat one. He's far quicker then I, inhaling sharply when he's barely leaving an inch of space between us. However, his fingers capture my chin, lifting my gaze to meet with his and that eerie feeling settles within me again.

What the hell is going on?

Dante's smirk cause me to grow uneasy, the palms of my hands becoming sweaty as I try to control my frightened heartbeat.

"You think you know how to play games," his breath fans my face, the top layer of my skin breaking out in goosebumps while he narrows his eyes, "but you don't."

When I attempt to pull out of his grasp, I find my strength isn't on par with his own, wincing when his grip tightens. He turns my head, analyzing me with hawk eyes before he brings me center, my heart skipping a beat at the way he observes me.

"You're far from being dangerous and powerful, something you will learn you need to harness before the winter solstice," his hold starts to hurt now, my arms lifting while my hands wrap around his wrist, straining to pull away from him. He looms over me, watching as my struggle becomes useless and he notes, "or this plan that you are so deeply intertwined in will be your death."

"Let go of me," I'm grimacing in pain, feeling as though the bones in my jaw just might give way and shatter at any second.

Dante lets out a very amused chuckle while making me feel worse, "Do you think Arthur will let you go?"

"I never said he would," I hate the feeling coming from our contact, it's throwing my mind through a loop and making it hard to think clearly.

"For all to see, you look like a vampire dear Rose," Dante forces my mouth open by shifting his hold on my jaw, my fangs on full display for him as anger rises up within me. Naturally now, I feel the shift in my eyes, knowing I'm glowering at him with bloody red irises and he just stares back at me with amusement. After a moment or two he orders, "Hide yourself from me."

I hiss at him, "You're a piece of shit! Expecting me to know how to is beyond me," his grip tightens further and I cry out, "you're hurting me!"

"Good," he rolls his eyes sarcastically and returns, "because I should be the very last individual who does. You've already been through everything that should have broken you, frightened you, or killed you. Guess what? You're still standing here, someone with so much potential that needs a nudge in the right direction."

Instead of remaining angry at him for how he is treating me or the way he shot me down in regards to information on Laisha, I relax and try to allow my anger to subside. Taking even breaths and pushing him out of my mind, I know my eyes have returned to normal, staring at him and simply asking, "What do I do?"

"What makes you human?" He asks, my hands on his wrists slacking as I allow them to fall to my sides. I don't fight him, thinking about what he asks me and slowly...I begin to remember the past five years of being on my own when my mother died.

Slowly, I begin softly, "I care about the human race. I care what happens to them. I care about their lives and where they will go and how so many have ended in death for just simply being human and not conforming. I care about the future that might exist in a world where we're not separated by our difference, but they bring us closer together, uniting us all."

Something settles in the center of my chest as tears I blink back are unshed, my voice becomes stronger as I admit, "I care about Linda, Sydney, Rochelle...Warren. I care about their futures, ones in which they are free to make their own choices. They all deserve so much better then the lives they have been given, the cards that have been dealt."

It's a funny thing...

...I was caught because I cared about saving a single human life. I care for them more then I would have thought possible and give myself credit for and now I know...I'll fight for their freedom even if it costs me my life because who else is going to?

A warmth floods my heart, a soft smile making its way to my lips as I hadn't realized my eyelids had slowly closed over the course of my thoughts. I hold onto the love I have for them all, knowing things can and will change, because this isn't the world we were meant to live in...if you can call it living...once again, it's just surviving.

A light chuckle emits from the back of Dante's throat, hardly having noticed that his touch had faded away from my skin. Blinking my eyelids open, I see him standing in front of me with his arms crossed in front of his chest, his voice making me feel reassured when he says, "Hold onto what makes you human and you'll lean into it easily."

I wasn't sure exactly what he meant...that is, until I ran my tongue along my teeth, my fangs having completely receded to that of a normal human being's.

"Your appearance and scent are masked, portraying the role from which you were born," Dante explains to me, my heart accelerating at this amazing discovery.

"Is this what you were referring to when you said you'd help me select my genes?" I breathe out, the warmth in my heart a flickering flame that brings me light and hope.

Dante nods and replies, "Yes. You will need to comprehend this unique ability only a hybrid possesses. You hardly need my next piece of advice when I say, what makes you a vampire and what makes you a werewolf? Come to terms on your own and you'll easily be able to control your portrayal without a second thought."

"Thank you," I sincerely appreciate what he's showing me. He's a lot stronger then I and I should tread carefully around him from now on. There's just something not quite right that I can't put my finger on. Immediately, my thoughts travel to Marc and a horrible feeling settles in the pit of my stomach, slowly allowing the flame to dye within my heart for the connection I have toward the humans.

I love him, I truly do and I didn't mean to hurt him.

"I need to go," I blink a few times before reverting my gaze back to Dante, the tips of my fangs brushing my lower lip as it trembles for a moment.

Dante eyes me curiously and then nods. I turn away from him, making it a few feet away before he calls, "Remember what I said." I know he's referring to claiming Marc.

How can I forget?

There is no reply that leaves my lips, finding my way back inside Dante's estate and traversing the hallways. There's a few familiar faces I see while making my way down to the end of the hallway at which Marc's room has been established. When I linger in front of the closed door, butterflies find their way into my stomach and cause me to second guess myself for a split second, but I stop and take a deep breath.

Glancing to my left, the table resting up against the wall has a flower vase on top of it, along with a few books and a pad of paper with a few pens in a holder. A small lamp also rests near the back, currently switched off as the lighting from the windows provides enough illumination.

I take one of the pens, writing out on the pad of paper:

Marc,

I don't deserve you. You deserve far better then having me for a mate. I never thought my life would end up so complicated...but I'm thankful you were apart of that complication. You showed me how to run free, to be myself even in the worse situations imaginable.

I'm so sorry that I hurt you, that wasn't my intention.

You may think I love Cormac more then you, but I don't.

In all this mess, it was my happiness that I only cared for, when you really did change and showed me how kind and caring you truly are. You left your pack behind to follow me to Cormac's...you went even further and proceeded to follow me here. You gave up so much for me and I haven't even stopped for a single moment to say thank you for trusting and believing in me...in us.

I let you down. I can't change that. If I had known being with Cormac alone would have broken you so much that you can hardly even look at me, I wouldn't have agreed to be alone with him. I care too much for the both of you and I want everything to work together harmoniously.

You have no obligation to me and I wouldn't blame you for leaving...

...I would leave me too.

I love you Marc, that won't change. Whatever you decide, know I won't ever hate you for the decisions that are rightfully yours to make...yours to make you happy, whatever they may be, I will accept them.

Love,

Rose

I hadn't noticed my hand shaking until after I had signed my name on the bottom. The pen drops back into the holder, tearing the single sheet of paper from the pad and bringing it closer so I can read it once more over. My nerves are under control for a split second...because if they hadn't been, I probably wouldn't have had the courage to squat down and slide the note under his door. Rising quickly to my feet, I let out a shaky breath before walking back down the hallway, knowing I've lost my appetite so maybe a quick nap might help push the stress away that I feel for this situation.

She's in my mind, letting me back in, my wolf giving me somewhat of a praise for admitting the truth of the situation.

I didn't just hurt Marc...

...I hurt her too.

She's a part of me, an unbalanced portion that somehow exists cohesively. If we can master being one with each other, then I don't see why Cormac and Marc can't as well. There's a small hope that I've been thinking about, especially with the way marking and claiming appears to solidify a bond...even if it's shaky. It allows trust and open honest communication, as I know now allowing Cormac and myself to communicate the way that we do.

I want this for all of us.

We can have it...however, I don't know if they'll go for my thoughts.

One step at a time, first I have to allow Marc to make his own choice that will lead him to the happiness he deserves.

Another praise, she's happy I'm no longer thinking about myself alone, but his feelings as well.

It's no more then a few moments, readying to turn down away from this hallway when I hear the door open to his room. My heart stops in my chest for a moment, almost too afraid to turn and face him, but I feel frozen to the spot when footsteps echo off the flooring. As my breathing becomes short, he approaches me, turning my gaze carefully on him and looking into his eyes when he comes to a halt a few feet away.

The letter is in his hand, his eyes full of mixed emotions, ones that appear to be tearing him apart from the inside out.

I did this.

"I'm-"

"Not a word," Marc cuts me off before I can apologize in person, but his eyes are not angry, his tone even as he continues, "I want to explain something to you that perhaps I assumed your wolf would have mentioned."

I nod silently, respecting his wishes as follow him when he turns on his heels, heading back toward his bedroom. As we both enter, I let out a breath I'd been holding in since he'd spoken to me, his words making me feel regretful in a way. The door closes behind him, my gaze following his when he points to a chair a foot or two away from his bed.

While I lower myself calmly into the chair, Marc settles himself across from me on the edge of his bed, his eyes holding mine as he sets the letter down next to him. My heart pounds loud in my chest, anticipating what he has to say, but making me really anxious at the same time.

"Maybe I should have listened to Keir more when he said it would take time for you to learn about our culture," Marc begins and my thoughts immediately fall back to a brief simpler time my life had been through. He continues, "I didn't and I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I ask, watching his features change slightly, another pain-filled look crossing his face.

Marc clears his throat and replies, "If I'd explained about the bond werewolves share, maybe this unneeded hurt could have been avoided."

I sit quietly, waiting for him to explain. When he does, I feel a rush of emotions flood my body, "As Keir had mentioned to you, rejection isn't just a word for a werewolf...it can destroy our very existence. As our bond is one-sided, it probably didn't affect you at all...but it nearly tore my heart out when you were alone with Cormac," he pauses for a moment, waiting to see if I'll say anything, but I don't because, my wolf made it apparent I had done something very wrong when she shut me out. He continues, "When a werewolf sleeps with another, someone who is not their mate...their mate will feel the devastation, the betrayal...cheating...it made me feel like I was nothing and meant nothing to you."

I had no idea...

Tears come to my eyes, my vision blurring just slightly as Marc continues once he's taken a shaky breath, "However, I knew once I stopped to reason with my wolf, you weren't truly cheating...truly betraying me because, even though you are my mate, you yourself have two. My wolf begged me to see what we were losing the second I let my emotions get the best of me, but I wouldn't listen to him, not until I read your words and realized...I don't want to lose you."

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make you feel that way..." my voice trails off, Marc's own tears reflecting my own. However, my tears cascade down my cheeks, feeling the warm trail they leave behind. I choke out, "I want to make this right. I don't want you to feel like I favor Cormac over you when I don't. I love you both the same but in your own ways."

With the back of his hand, Marc wipes away his unshed tears and slowly opens his arms, welcoming me into his embrace that I missed dearly. The second he scoops me up onto his lap, holding me sideways, he buries his face into the crook of my neck and inhales my scent deeply. My muscles relax, the warmth from his touch bathing me in a glow that I want to fall into for the rest of my life. His love is strong and pure, not allowing myself to truly understand his natural instinct isn't fair...I won't do it again. I'll learn because, I never want him to have him leave my life.

Against his better judgement, I throw Dante's caution to the wind and whisper softly, "Will you let me claim you?"

His lips brush the mark he left on me, a pleasurable shiver running down my spine as a very quiet and light moan leaves my parted lips. His breath fans my neck, my skin heating while he says, "I've been waiting for you."

My wolf is ecstatic the second Marc lifts his face from my neck, his eyes gazing deeply into mine only this time, his orbs are golden and I believe now that I must be staring directly into his wolf's soul. He's present here, knowing now as my own heart lurches forward while my wolf begs to be released, to be with her mate.

In the next moment, Marc's lips smash against mine in a very powerful and possessive kiss, one that throws me off guard and I become weak in his arms. Those strong arms of his hold me tightly against his chest, one of my hands resting against his muscular pecks. He immediately dominates our kiss, my lips parting for his tongue when I gasp and moan again, his tongue seeking mine out and drawing us further into this blissful passion.

The kiss ends just as quickly as it begins, Marc pulling his lips away from my reluctant ones and looking me over. His voice is husky when he says, "This isn't about sex. This isn't about you ever being able to bare me pups. This isn't about Cormac. This isn't about anything more then our souls intertwining with one another's and the love we share for each other binding us together...forever. I love you Rose and I always will."

The ache in my canines return and it's quite odd when I hadn't even noticed that my teeth had come through resembling those of an actual wolf. My eyes shifting, my wolf breaking through to the forefront of my mind and forcing me as she did once before to take a backseat. I don't fight, knowing this is something that's special for not only Marc and I, but our wolves as well.

She lands a very soft and quick kiss to his lips, moving away and lifting her hand to the shoulder of his shirt. Gradually, she pulls it to the side, exposing his shoulder and as her lips touch his skin, we hear him groan at our simple touch. The warmth not only spreads through us, but also a heat signature radiates from Marc's flesh, drawing her in closer, her lips parting once she's found the soft spot between his neck and collarbone. Without warning, our teeth sink into his flesh none too deep as my fangs had Cormac's, but still enough to taste a hint of copper lingering on my tongue.

Something beautiful sores through my being, wondering if this might relate to what heaven must be like because, I feel as though our souls are one. I feel his previous hurt, his pain, his longing and loss, not knowing at first if this was the end and rejection was clear on the horizon. Quickly though, it shifts and I feel the complete contentment and love he holds for me and I know he feels exactly the way I care for him, our bond bringing us to a different level that I never thought possible.

"I love you Marc," the words glide right off my lips with ease, pulling back to gaze deeply into his eyes as his stare never leaves me.

Not as much as I'll always love you.

His voice warms the furthest reaches of my mind, touching my wolf at the same time and bringing her a sense of calmness and ease, knowing the protection he'll have for us sets a new tone within me.

A smile works its way onto my lips, but instantly fades away the second I feel Cormac's own presence within my mind telling me:

Keveon is on his way here...we need to talk.

About?

I can't keep my promise...I'm leaving.

--⊰♥⊱--

Dante's begun his training with Rose, his agenda to make her stronger quite clear however, what hidden one does he possess?

Rose and Marc have fully bonded!

Will Rose regret Dante's warning?

What will happen once Cormac realizes Rose and Marc have bonded?

What will happen now that Keveon will be staying at Dante's estate?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 43.1K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
1.6M 9.2K 5
PUBLISHED ON AMAZON!!!------------- ------------------------------------------------- ebook and paperback! ILY ALL !!💞💞💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 "Is the big...
875K 39.3K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
2.8M 172K 117
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 3 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM How do you win a game when you don't know who all the players are? --⊰♥⊱-- "You can...