Reincarnate: My Rival

By PenOverPaper

"Being a rival sucks. Especially when you're the center of everyone's hatred." Gael Fallon is a well-known ri... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Where it all starts
Chapter Two: Witch's Warning
Chapter Three: Plan
Chapter Four: Truce
Chapter Five: Execute Plan
Chapter Six: Gael Fallon
Chapter Seven: Comeback
Chapter Nine: Deal
Chapter Ten: Tea Party
Chapter Eleven: Hello Heroine
Chapter Twelve: Puppet
Chapter Thirteen: Puppeteer
Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal
Chapter Fifteen: The Ball
Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character
Chapter Seventeen: Masochist
Chapter Eighteen: Little Tigress
Chapter Nineteen: Game Over
Chapter Twenty : Stalker
Chapter Twenty-One: Father-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Three: Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Four: Yandere
Chapter Twenty-Five: School Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Infinite Bookshop
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter
Chapter Thirty: Luxurie Eclipse
Chapter Thirty-One: Luna Bookstore
Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues
Chapter Thirty-Three: More Clues
Chapter Thirty-Four: Backup
Chapter Thirty-Five: Soteria's Cloak
Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones
Chapter Thirty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Thirty-Eight: First Day
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Seven's Past
ready?
Chapter: CLOSE

Chapter Eight: Little Amber

24.5K 999 139
By PenOverPaper

Amber's POV:

"Amber?!" The three shouted in unison as they looked at me with wide eyes.

I only cocked my head to the side before waving my hands, "Hello." I said with my squeaky voice while giving them a small smile.

Suddenly, the three of them blushed madly before turning to look away.

"So darn cute."

The three of them suddenly whispered but I couldn't comprehened what they said. I decided to shrug it off.

"Why... why are you little?" Grey asked while trying avoiding my gaze.

"Well..." I said in a squeaky and cute voice. I tried coughing to get my voice back to normal, but nothing seems to work.

"Due to me using too much life force, it resorted into this." I said while gesturing to my little self, "Although my mental age is that of a teen and my power is still the same, the only problem is my body."

Seven then stared at me.

"What are you staring at?"

He was taken aback by my question before turning to look away. His ears are suspiciously red.

I tried looking around, "Hey, where's Rosary?"

"Shade is already fetching her."

I nodded, "Oh, then is Venus-sama already here?" I asked before standing up.

A portal suddenly opened up a few meter away from us. Out comes from the portal is Venus-sama, Grandma Jill and three boys who are about the same age as Grey and Seven.

Also, the three boys looked awfully familiar. Wait... don't tell me.

I couldn't help but frown. Here I was desperately trying to avoid the six capturable targets. I am almost finished dealing with these three but the other half of the group really need to appear right now.

I grumbled. Talk about perfect timing.

"Speak of the devil. Venus! We're over here!" Seven shouted.

Venus-sama turned around and smiled before gesturing the rest of her companions. All of them teleported in front of us. The three decided to talk to Seven and Grey before distancing themselves. The five of them have a conversation of their own.

While me,

Venus-sama immediately looked at me. She squatted so that our heights are leveled before she started pinching my cheeks.

"Aww! Who is this cute girl?"

When Seven heard his cousin's statement, he decided to turn around before coughing loudly, "Uhm... she's Amber, cousin."

"What?!"

"Ow ow ow! Hey lady, what do you think you're doing?" I asked while trying to get her hands of my face.

She suddenly smack my head, "You should be courteous to your elders when talking little Amber. Now, I want you to start calling me your Onee-san!" Venus-sama squealed excitedly.

I shook my head, "No."

"Please! Please please little Amber!"

A vein suddenly popped in my forehead, "Little Amber?"

"Why the sudden nickname?" I asked irritatedly.

Venus-sama then grinned like a cheshire cat, "Let's make a deal, i'll stop calling you little Amber if you start calling us." As she gestured to Seven and the three other boys, "Your onee-san and onii-san. It's a good deal, no?"

"Do you know that the only problem here is my body? My mental age is that of a teen Venus-sama."

She suddenly glared at me as a flash of red appeared in her eyes. Oh oh, she's starting to get angry.

"I mean, onee... onee-san." I spat before shuddering.

Venus-sama beamed before patting my head, "Good."

"What actually happened that Amber suddenly turned into that... squirt?" Grandma Jill asked.

"Squirt?!"

Grandma Jill decided to ignore my argument as she started inspecting my body.

"You're life force is low." She stated.

I nodded, "I knew that."

"Then, how are we going to get Amber back to her normal self once again?" Shade asked who just arrived a few seconds ago.

Carrying the unconscious Rosary, he then handed the girl to Venus-sama.

"You guys need a Z-rank wizard." Grandma Jill stated nonchantly.

My eyes almost bulged out, "A Z-ranker? Seriously?! How many wizards do I know that is at the Z-rank?" I asked before holding up my hand to count, "Wait, let me count. One... two... five... eight... ZERO!"

Grandma Jill lifted both of her hands as surrender, "Okay, I know it's a harsh requirement but that's all you have. Why don't you go ask the headmaster of Kingdom University."

"What?!"

"The Headmaster is a Z-ranker, sadly he is an air mage and not a wizard. Why don't you go ask him. He might have some friends who are a Z-ranker."

I snorted, "You said it as if it was that easy."

She shrugged before looking around, "By the way, where's the demon?"

"Hell."

"Why?"

"I have free time so I decided to take him there - It died obviously! Seriously, what a senseless question."

Suddenly, Grandma Jill smacked my head. Not that I was shocked of course.

I rubbed my head, "That's two in an hour. Seriously, what's wrong with people?" I muttered.

Grandma Jill only shook her head helplessly, "Honestly, your mouth is still sharp as before."

A gust of wind suddenly blew making me shiver. I looked around and realization slapped me in the face.

"Hey! Wait a minute! What are we standing here for? We aren't some statues. It's been almost a few minutes now. Let's go to some place warm and comfortable." I suggested while hugging my little self.

Although my clothes are still intact, my cloak is much more bigger compare to my size right now. I can't properly wear it and it's in the middle of the night which is drop dead cold!

"Why didn't I think of that before?" Venus-sama asked herself.

"Because you're dumb and slow onee-san." I stated in a cute and innocent voice.

She glared at me but she decided to pat my head instead, "I'll let this one slide for now because you called me onee-san. Again." She beamed.

I rolled my eyes. Geez, what a strange woman.

"All right then, i'll teleport us right now to my cafe." Grandma Jill said before chanting a spell. In a split second, we were teleported to the Witch's Cauldron.

As we arrived, Grandma Jill immediately turned on the lights while Venus-sama gently puts Rosary on a nearby couch.

"All right, let's all discuss about what happened." Grandma Jill demanded as she decided to sit behind the counter. While the rest each sat on a stool in front of it.

"Aren't you coming Amber?" Grey asked mockingly.

I glared at him and decided to walk in front of a stool that is seated between Seven and Grey. I frown as I look at the stool in front of me. The stool is basically two times taller than my height.

I tried jumping but to no avail, I couldn't even touch the seat. I could have used air magic right now if it wasn't for the fact that I don't have any mana or magic essence right now!

"Need any help?" Seven offered.

"I can do it by myself - Hey! Let go of me!" I shouted as Seven suddenly lifted me up from the ground before gently putting me on the stool.

I lowered my head to hide my redden cheeks. That was embarrassing!

"Thanks Seven - "

"Ahem!" Venus-sama pretended to cough loudly to remind me of our deal.

I scratched my head, "I mean, thanks onii... onii-san."

Seven decided to avoid my gaze before coughing, his cheeks are slightly pink, "Welcome."

Grandma Jill then loudly tapped the table to get everyone's attention,

"Okay, let's get down to business."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.5K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
21K 804 52
Isabella is a school girl belonging to a middle class group family. One day when she was going home after school to continue her game, on a crossroad...
296K 14K 109
To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to wake up in one of those japanese romance...