The Underworld's Moon

By thunderheart15

**This is a BoyxBoy story that is unedited. It was written in 2009 and finished in around 2015. You've been w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Please Read Note!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N: Sequel
A/N: Final Decision (2018)

Chapter Twelve

22.8K 502 150
By thunderheart15

                                                                         Change of POV

I had to admit that I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. Some I would admit to, some I wouldn’t. Reflecting back on my past actions, they were quite idiotic sometimes and others were quite serious.

Maybe this was one of those quite serious yet idiotic at the same time ones.

Because what I had done to Foalan this evening was me not thinking at all.

I remembered it too.

I was blinded by my own rage from a heated argument with my father, still pissed with him with the earlier conversations in the past and so much more. It just built its way up to a snapping point. I was so enraged that I just couldn’t control it anymore.

I was out of hand and I needed to lash out at someone. I had the need to.

So, when I saw Foalan there, more likely listening to the whole god damn conversation in there made me snap. I didn’t like being overheard and who knows what Mammon might of done to him when he left and if he was there that whole conversation.

I suddenly thought of all the things he had done wrong in my mind. I even listed them mentally in one shot like: how he left my room, how he got kissed by Vetis, how he wasn’t where he was suppose to be, Right now he smells like my sister which pissed me off to know he was near her, him listening onto my conversation with my father and lastly, thought he could get away with all these wrongs in my head.

I knew I was being unjust but I didn’t care at that point. I had growled at him, I snarled at him, I even snapped at him while I dragged him towards the torture rooms. I didn’t even pay attention what I all told him on the way either. All I knew I was being rough with him and taking him to get punished.

Don’t ask me what everything looked like for environment wise because my damn memory was very fuzzy on that through my red haze. All I have to tell anyone out there that it was dark, cold dungeon like with a table with torture devices. That was all anyone needs to know too.

But I remembered everything that I did to him though. Every single detail as if it was scarred into my memory then carved harshly into my brain.

I had specifically picked a whip so he would feel the welts forming onto his skin but within a push of a button, that whip would pop up small like thorns that were meant to tore at the skin.

It was my favorite thing to use to punish others admittedly.

I used to admire it even. Its black leather handle then at the ends were five feet worth of a long, cold chain that looked like a long leather. It was deceiving looking indeed as within a push of the button on the handle, it will turn that whip end into little thorns like teeth from a shark but much sharper to easily cut things open. I like to also compare them to broken glass because it makes the blood flow so much more quicker than normal metal.

It’s the very same whip that I used upon Foalan this evening or night. I used enchanted chains around his wrists from the ceiling so he was forced to stand there and show me his back. I took an extra precaution and chained his ankles as well.

I didn’t even think as I dug my nails into his shirt and jerked it back, making it tear loudly until its off him completely. I dropped the shirt, letting it fall to the ground as a useless rag.

I stared at his back to notice a lot of things. I notice how small he was physically as well since he was nearly a skeleton that barely has any more meat on his bones. It was a shock that he had any forms of muscles. It was a long back despite being so short. But he had some scars from many years ago and what looks like a couple months ago.

I didn’t dare think anything more of it as I grabbed my whip. I didn’t even dare to hesitate as I lashed out at him. I lashed out onto him and I after I did that first lash, I instantly regretted it but the bad thing though was that I hadn’t stopped.

I didn’t understand it but I didn’t stop. I didn’t stop even though I was silently stunned how silent he was. Maybe he was stronger than I thought he was. I had thought once while I still whipped him.

Eventually, I had finally stopped harming him and came to a complete realization of what I had done. I stared at his back, horrified how harsh I was. His back was filled with swollen, more likely thrumming, welts and he had deep cut-like-lashes across his back. Those wounds bled extremely heavy and I was stunned about that the most. No one should be bleeding that much!

I dropped my arms and my hands unfolded, letting myself drop the whip in silent shock and fear. I was panting heavily as well from the long moments of myself letting out all my anger. I moved over to him and around him so I could peer at his face. There, I was shocked again as I saw that he was silently crying with his eyes open, looking at the ground below him.

I didn’t know or understand why but that looked frightened me the most. His eyes were glassy as if he wasn’t truly there physically. Tears stained his cheeks and fall. He hadn’t stopped crying, I noticed. His lips were bloody from where he bit so hard that it bled and I knew his mouth would be bloody too because I was sure that wasn’t the only place he bit just as hard.

I caused this. It’s my fault. I’ve broken him. I thought in sudden sorrow. I wasn’t going to get my crown now and there was no way Foalan would want to be near me if he survives this beating.

“Foalan?” I asked him, trying to get his attention but he continued to look as if he didn’t know who was speaking to him. My hands started to shake, my eyes beginning to water all of the sudden. Damn, I’m starting to freak out…

I reached up to start unchaining him and he didn’t even seem to notice. He didn’t speak a word but instead, his eyelids grew heavy. Sudden anxiousness over came me. “Foalan?” I repeated, voice cracking. I hesitated before I gently wiped his tears away with one hand on his left cheek.

Then suddenly, he went limp in his chains and sliding his eyes closed completely. I panicked instantly. “Foalan? Foalan!” My voice rising as I started to change my mind and unchain his feet first.

My hands shook so bad but it didn’t take me long to remove the ankle chains then finish removing the ones around his wrist. I flinched to notice the chains had bit into his skin which made them look red and bleeding from cuts he or I help cause.

I gently caught him with my arm and knew that I needed to bring him to see a healer right away for these wounds. I don’t know how to care for his wounds so that would be best. I carried him bridal style, knowing well those wounds would be pressed into my arm.

Foalan let out a loud whimper that echoed my ears.

I looked down at him and took a deep breath in my silent apology as I knew I can’t bring myself to say it out loud. I shook my head quickly. “Deal with it, you fucking baby.” I muttered without thinking and quickly ran out of the torture room.

I ran all the way up the stairs, trying to be careful not to jostle him too much. I could feel the warmth of the blood seeping into my clothes, staining them with his blood. It was also feeling cold too from being in the air as I ran.

I didn’t bother to look around my surroundings or the people around me. I’m sure they were gawking but I didn’t give a shit. All I cared about was getting him to that healer than bring him back into my room because I had overdone it.

When I brought him to the healer, the healer didn’t hesitate after she realize who was harmed. That was a long and painful process to wait through as she could only bandaged him. I will tell her name later but not today as she wasn’t important right now. She also made sure to make Foalan take the pain medication she made by force. Then she turned to me and told me to take him back to my room to rest.

Which leads to right now in my room.

I had laid Foalan on the floor carefully as I laid in my bed. But I was restless as I was thinking over and over what happened today.

What had he truly did wrong? He tried to tell you he didn’t mean to listen in, you could of listened to him instead of jumping to conclusions. I scolded myself. You shouldn’t of done what you have done. He’ll be more wary of you now, you know that, idiot? You’ve caused this…

I paused my thoughts before I continue it. But how am I going to make it up to him?

Then I came to a realization that I could start right now. I felt extremely guilty and it didn’t help knowing I was making him sleep on the cold floor with those injuries. Taking a deep, brave breath, I got out of bed to go over to him.

I gently stroked his hair back after I crouched down by his side as I stared at his drying face. His eyes were closed with his black long eyelashes. His brown hair was short but still there. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were in a slight grimace in pain but it was lightening up as the minutes ticked by. The pain medication must be finally kicking in.

I took another breath before I carefully picked him up, his head rolling into my shoulder. I didn’t mind before I hesitantly set him down into my bed. I made sure he laid on his stomach so his back wouldn’t pain him when he wakes up or at least, not right away. I moved the blankets up to tuck him in.

I sat down on the other side of my bed and leaned forward to look down as his starting to relax face. I didn’t understand why but I felt like moving his hair back lightly with my fingers, letting them go through his hair softly.

“Foalan,” I whispered quietly in a saddened tone, “I’m sorry that you became a victim of my anger today. I had went too far and you probably won’t ever trust being near me again. That saddens me to know that but it would mean I have to work harder.”

I paused for a moment as if I waited for a response but I could tell by his harsh yet smooth breathing was a sign he was still unconscious from blood loss and pain.

“I truly hope I didn’t break you already and I hope you will survive the night too.” I told him. “I don’t think I’m ready because I think I’ve grown…” I hesitated before I begrudgingly admitted, “fond having you around because your reactions are strange yet adorable-- that shy manner of yours.”

He still hadn’t woke up to my words and I was grateful.

“But I need to make it up to you somehow.” I said, frowning a little as I stared at his now peaceful face.

Then an idea dawned on me which caused me to smile happily a little and I reached out to rest my hand over his.

                                       I made a firm nod before I spoke out loud in declaration,

                       “I will find a way to gain your trust again so you can rely on me much more.”

                                              That was my new goal but the question was,

                                                            How am I going to carry it out?

__________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I know, I know, it was a short chapter! But don't hesitate to let me know where I should add more thing into this chapter because I didn't know what more to put in it truthfully.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Tell me what you think about Verin now?

XxWolf_SpiritxX made me that cover off the side there and I dedicated this to her. (:

Thank you all sooo much for reading it so far =] I sadly won't be updating for a bit longer but mostly because I want to see my reads go up and my votes plus comments. Ahaha XD

So, don't forget to comment, vote, like, add it to your library, fan me or spread the word to your friends about this story! =D

Also, me and Genuinestar21 are co-authoring a story together. It's called What the Heart Desires from us as Genuineheart1521 [Thunderheart15 + Genuinestar21 = that username XD]. So don't forget to check it out sometime at http://www.wattpad.com/user/genuineheart1521 !

Again, thank you allll so much!

Have a great day, night and have a pleasant reading experience!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.9K 16
~PLEASE NOTE THAT I MADE THIS BACK IN 2018 AND MY GRAMMER AND STORY TELLING IS UTTER GARBAGE I APOLOGIZE~ A boy. He's different from other people in...
743 45 25
Imagine having tough love? This story is about a boy name Oliver. Hills....who has something about himself he knows. but his dad doesn't support it...
315 25 22
Vinny is a quiet kid. His dad thomas is a lawyer , his mom Alice is a nurse and his twin brother Xavier well.. he's a real asshole. Vinny's parents h...
4K 242 22
WARNING: Needs heavy editing. I, myself, cringe when I read some parts. Khaldun Iah Ortega is very old and even he can fall in love. One day he fe...