flipped :: lh [UNDER REVISION]

By trashlouis

❝ he watched her from the balcony, eyes lit up with the promise of the night, she didn't see him however, but... More

PROLOGUE. (revised)
o2.breathe
o3.careless
o4.little darling
o5.11:11
o6.like the 80s
o7.snowmo
o8.all but new
o9.lucky charms
1o.cake
11.ashhole
12.swings?swings.
13.a is for aries
14.star burst
15.red
16.collide
17.furthest (away)
18.you complete me(ss)
19.particles of the universe
20.grounded
21.let's start a band
22. young hearts
23. Tigers Jaw
A Note (to those who will see)

o1.abnormal

27.1K 588 381
By trashlouis

Luke stood frozen in the doorway.

He'd never been one to take the first step in anything, whether it was relationships, projects, or even something as simple as asking for directions to his first class his ninth year. But this, this was totally different, this was a party.

He let his hand linger over the brass doorknob for a few seconds contemplating whether or not he should turn on the heel of his foot and leave. Then he'd never have to face the people who had invited him to the party in the first place. He was sure he could make up a lame excuse like: his head hurt, or he had caught a nasty cold and was unable to go. 

A sigh left his lips as he pulled himself together allowing the cool metal to rest against his fingertips as he twisted it, the blaring of music intensifying the further the door swung open. He'd heard the muffled melodies as he drove up but never had he imagined it would be as loud as it was. Luke was used to music thrumming loudly in his ears, the sound of his guitar as he strummed each individual cord, the scratching of the thin steel strings against his thumb-pads.

This was a completely different sound compared to the raw acoustic he was accustomed to as he sat on his bed every friday night; A pencil stuck between his parted lips as he scribbled down nonsensical words in no particular order. He knew he'd piece them together once a rhythm formed on his tongue, the words connecting like little constellations as he poured his heart out onto a piece of crumbled paper.

Anxiousness washed over him as the smell of alcohol and cheap perfumes mingled along with various teens his age, their bodies pressed closely together. Luke tried his best to keep his attention on his shoelaces instead of making awkward eye contact with any of the numerous amounts of girls throwing their heads back with laughter and sexual desire. 

He continued his way through the crowd hoping for a familiar face to grace his presence but finding none. He was sure he'd at least catch a glimpse of Carver who was the host of the party. In the back of his mind he hoped not to run into him, but as soon as the thought entered his mind Carver rounded the corner, a grin splitting onto his face. 

"Hemmings! Glad to see you didn't chicken out mate." Carver snarkily remarked, obviously trying to get under Luke's skin.

"Yeah it's a nice house that-er, you've got here." He replied back internally wincing at the way his voice completely collapsed on him.

"Whatever Hemmings just don't screw it up." The much broader boy rolled his eyes clearly having enough of Luke's presence. 

Then he was left to himself again, feeling lost and almost unable to breathe in the suffocating atmosphere. He needed fresh air. With much more effort being put into pressing his way through the crowed hallways he finally spotted a smudged up glass sliding door leading onto a patio outside.

There weren't as many people outside as there were in, and the ones that stood around the green hedges were smoking cigarettes whilst chatting away freely. Luke wished he had the confidence to strike up a conversation with any of them, maybe it would make his night more bearable. All he could do was stand slouched against the wooden railing, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his black skinny jeans, his oceanic irises focusing on anything but the people around him.

Blue smoke clouded his vision in thin tendrils from the lit cigarette buds. Dark red lipstick pursed together in grins and slurred words passed back and forth above his head. The smell of burning candles and fine wine drifting in his senses, it was all becoming too much for Luke. He couldn't wrap his mind around what was going on.

How he'd been convinced to even attend such a party when he knew full well how hated he was by everyone there was a mystery even to himself.

Suddenly a solo cup was being poured down his Nirvana shirt with a cold sting, sending him reeling backwards and into a girl who'd been absentmindedly picking at the edges of her fraying purse. He landed into her with an oof and then his cheeks flushed as he watched the girl--her ombre tone hair pulled to the side in a braid--stumble over landing directly on top of him.

"Shit I'm sorry, honestly I-dids-nots-I'm-." He was completely flustered by now, all blood rising in his cheeks and his eyes wide as saucepans. 

To his surprise she only laughed loudly, her eyelashes fanning over the tops of her cheekbones. The palms of her hands keeping her hovering above his chest and the necklace she'd been wearing tangled up on his watch. To say he was completely incapable of moving was an understatement.

Not only were his words jumbled up suspended in the air surrounding them, but his watch was stuck to her necklace, his hand in an awkward bend. She didn't seem to mind as she helped him up with her free hand--she leaned forward all the while making sure not to snap the thin silver chain--her laugh continuous and melodic. A small smile tugged at the ends of Luke's lips.

"You've got my necklace." She simply stated once she'd regained her composure. She had no obvious embarrassment at the situation while Luke was dying inside.

"Yeah I-I'm just real sorry about the-you see there were these girls and-" The brunette rolled her eyes before carefully untangling the mess of silver linking.

"Don't worry about it, it was bound to happen anyways." She smirked not once taking her attention from the necklace. "I mean it's not everyday you get knocked over by a complete stranger and they decide 'hey I'm going to get my watch caught in her necklace.' Is this usually how you pick up girls?" She added sarcasm lacing her voice.

Luke didn't really know what to say. What could he say? He'd never been great with words.

"Hey. I might as well introduce myself now that I've got your attention 'drink-boy'. I'm Aries." Her eyes snapped up for the briefest second to meet Luke's.

He realized this was the first time he'd actually seen her eyes. He couldn't speak. They were a beautiful caramel tinted lightly with greenish hues when the light hit at the right angle. She must have took his silence as a negative sign, because almost as soon as she looked up she was focusing back down, her eyebrows furrowing together in concentration.

"Why were you out here in the first place?" She asked keeping the conversation light.

"I needed a breather, and I've never really been invited to parties I guess you could say." He hesitated but the warmth in her eyes was reassuring.

"So 'drink-boy' isn't a big partier? Hmm, what a surprise. So I can say I'm the first you've used your pickup on?" She shook her head, a lopsided smile gracing her features. "Well I think you should give it a try. Isn't so bad." She finished as he felt the slight jolt of the necklace releasing from his watch.

"Thanks." He replied shyly. He wanted to ask her more but before he uttered another word a loud 'Aries!' was being shouted from down the street.

"Ashton." She muttered under her breath as she turned to Luke one last time. "Look I've got to go but hey maybe I'll see you around 'drink-boy.'" And with that she turned on her black boots heading down the street.

Luke wondered if she would see him around.

  ✦  ✧  ✦  ✧ 

The music hadn't stopped even as he reentered the room almost an hour later--his hair mussed up from the rough breeze that had picked up outside--He finally decided to give the party a chance once Aries had suggested him to. He wouldn't admit the anxiety that coursed through his veins with each subtle glance and sly smirk that crossed the faces of people he'd not seen before.

Smoke billowed in white clouds around him, and the smell of alcohol was thick in the humid room. Everyone was crowding around the center of the hardwood floor, their bodies moving in different rhythms to a song he was sure he'd recognized. A couple of teens were wasted, their snores loud even with the music blaring all around. Two girls watched Luke, mascara-smeared eyes mimicking spilt ink. 

He felt the weight of a body slamming into his own and crushing him against a nearby wall. His eyelids shut tight at the force of impact, his breath cut short, a wheeze admitting from his lungs. Luke panicked as a pair of strong hands held his arms against his spine uncomfortably. He let out a choked gasp when he was released from the grip.

"I thought I told you not to screw up Hemmings." An angry voice shouted at him, but he didn't dare turn around. He already knew who it was.

He decided against walking away as he knew that would only anger Carver more than he already was. Luke was sure about being punched in the gut a few time, harsh words sent his way. It was inevitable, and he'd rather face it now than double the torture on Monday.

Carver's friends reached over, their dark eyes locked on Luke void of emotions. They pulled him to his feet before a pair of fists was thrown at his side. He winced, the pain shooting through his ribs immediately. The party continued, music picking up rhythm, couples making out heatedly near the staircase, drinks being passed around to fits of laughter and choppy conversations.

Another hit. His vision clouded, electric-like sensation burning his sides. His bottom lip held between his teeth to keep from crying out in pain, he could almost taste copper pennies in his mouth. The smallest droplets of blood staining his shoes in an array of crimson blotches.

The final blow brought Luke tucking inward on himself; His lungs desperately grasping for any amount of oxygen they could hold on to, blood dribbled down his chin and onto the bright yellow of a sadistic smiley face, the words Nirvana strewn across in a large font. The stinging of tears blurring his vision as though he were looking into the reflection of a puddle, the images fragmented and bleak.

A sudden change of song caused the atmosphere of the party to be ignited in whoops and hollers as everyone huddled close together. Drunken singing and laughter filling what silence was left in the room. Luke felt the emptiness ghost down on him, he felt alone despite the amount of people no more than ten feet away. Carver dryly laughed, he waved off his friends, not looking back at Luke as he left. Not sparing a second glance to see if he was alright. Though Luke knew he didn't care.

No one did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 357 60
she was just lucky meeting celebrities •••NEW INSTAGRAM OUT NOW!!••• *****UNDER REVISION READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***** billyhargroveswhore ©all rights...
289K 9.1K 29
Sneaking glances in the hallway shouldn't have been difficult but every time she saw him, she felt as if her world was crumbling at her feet.
10K 496 33
When you fall for someone you can't always expect them to catch you *****EDITING**** WARNING: As soon as you hit the unedited chapters, things will b...
146K 944 44
5SOS imagines and preferences💕 Open🌸