Agent 1 (Book 3)

By Quidam13

"What makes you think we can trust this Agent 1 guy?" "I-uh, I knew him before he was an agent...he's trustwo... More

Description/Author's Note
Character List
1. I'm coming for you
2. I need to find a louder gator
3. I blame you entirely for that
4. That's the understatement of the century
5. Hey guys
6. I'm so glad she's on our side
7. Do something about it yourself
8. I can't hear you
9. Oh we didn't miss it
10. It seriously wasn't me this time
11. And not even I'm stupid enough to get in the middle of this
12. I'm not taking Sam's gun away
13. Who's next
14. Language Miss Marshal
15. Oh I need to go get some popcorn
16. Just now
18. You make me feel like I did something wrong
19. Bye, bye itsy-bitsy spider
20. I didn't realize they were lost
21. Oh no. Nope. I'm out
Author's Note
22. Are you using me as a human shield
23. A lot worse
24. Coffee and soda
25. You might want to get that fixed
26. And take care of youself, Soda
27. We do go way back. Way back to that hotel room
28. Tell me something I don't know
29. Everyone knows you don't do subtle
30. Keep her away from me
31. It's complicated
32. Fulfill your death wish some other time
33. We've got a problem
34. Bet you didn't see this coming
35. Zero's going to kill you
36. Inspired by what? Your future in hell?
37. You won't be able to protect them forever
38. Not again
39. Look out
40. Whatever happens next is on you
41. I'd watch my back if I were you
42. It's over
Author's Note
Bonus Chapters
Agent 34

17. I'm watching you buddy

63.9K 3.9K 1.3K
By Quidam13

Thirteen's POV

"Hey." Cody stops me and Lily before we make it into the living room. He holds out a black Iphone, a wallet, and that stupid black dagger. "Other than the gun Lily took this is all he had on him."

I nod as I take the phone out of his hands and power it on. "No password." I mutter when the phone powers on and simply tells me to slide to unlock. I slide my finger across the bottom and look through the phone.

"As far as any of us were able to tell, he only uses that thing for calls." Cody tells me as I hand him the phone back and begin going through the wallet instead.

"It's a burner." I say in regards to the phone. I pull out about six different IDs from inside the wallet before passing it off to Lily to have a look at.

She turns it over a couple times before removing all the money, and credit cards inside and pocketing them. She hands the now empty wallet back to Cody.

Cody puts his hand over mine, covering the IDs in my hand. I give him a questioning look.

He shakes his head. "I don't think you really want to read those."

"Why?" I ask him as I pull back and thumb through the IDs. I freeze as I read the name listed on the first one.

Brandon Lander. Former Agent 83. A former friend.

Lily sucks in a sharp breath before taking the ID out of my hands and turning it over in hers. "I hate him." She mutters. "No wonder we're never able to find him when he's traveling. He uses the names of dead agents." She growls out as she throws the ID onto the floor.

I flip through the rest of the IDs. I recognize the names, but I didn't know any of them personally. I stop when I get to the last one.

If I thought I was pissed off before. That is nothing compared to the fury blazing through my veins in this moment. Because the name on the last ID, is one I'm very familiar with.

J.D. Kingston.

The card digs into my skin so hard I'm sure it'll draw blood soon. He was my brother, and traitor or not that's always going to be how I remember him. How I view him. So for Garrett to go and use his name for his own personal travel services to get around the world undetected...

"I should've killed him." I hiss in a tone so deadly even Lily takes a step back.

The card digs deeper into my palm as my hand fists even tighter around it. The rest of the IDs in my hand I had long since dropped, Lily had picked up the one with Brandon's name on it, but the rest remained untouched on the floor.

"No." I correct myself. "I am going to kill him."

I'm storming into the living room before either Cody or Lily can stop me...actually, I don't think either one of them would really try and stop me. Cody would definitely appreciate Garrett's absence for sure, and Lily would probably help by pitching in a few kicks, punches, and explosives.

Garrett's strapped to the chair, glaring at Zack when I come into the room. His gaze swings over to me and a deadly smirk covers his face. He opens his mouth to say something, but never gets the chance.

My fist connects with his face way too quickly, and I feel all my pent up rage just spill out of me. I kick his chair back and he falls backwards, unable to stop himself, and his head hits the floor. My dagger's in my hand in no time, but before I can do anything with it, my wrist is caught, and the dagger twisted out of my hand.

There's a hiss of pain from him as the blade cuts into his hand after he takes the dagger from me. I whirl around with wide eyes, but Henri's already one step ahead of me with a syringe in hand. The needle of the syringe disappears into his arm and he lets out another hiss of pain.

"What the hell? That stuff burns!" Devin shouts as he grabs at his arm immediately after Henri removes the syringe.

"Language please Mr. Kessler."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Devin says as he eyes Henri, momentarily distracted. "I never gave you my last name."

Henri rolls his eyes at Devin. "You did not have to. I live with Miss Kingston. Remember?"

I let out a sigh of relief before snatching the dagger back from Devin angrily. "Don't freaking touch this. Ever."

"Miss Kingston, I was just getting on Mr. Kessler for his mouth not ten seconds ago." Henri mutters in an exasperated tone of voice.

Devin glares at me while he still rubs at his arm and examines the cut on his hand. "Why does that stuff hurt so much? I prefer the poison."

"Oh please you've already been injected with that once before." Lily scoffs. "You would think you'd be use to it by now."

"I was unconscious the first time!" Devin protests.

"Found yourself a new boy toy have you Flower?" Bad move Garrett.

While me and him had dated, he was like another older brother to Lily. And Flower was the nickname he use to call her by. So hearing him say it now...is not going to go over well with her. At all.

Lily's a response is a swift and powerful kick to Garrett's side. Garrett lets out a groan and Ryder picks up the back of Garrett's chair-also managing grab a handful of his hair in the process-and lifts him back up into his seated position.

"Leave him on the floor." I hiss in anger.

"Okay." Ryder just takes a step back and drops the chair and Garrett lets out another groan of pain as his head once again bounces off the floor.

"Nothing less than he deserves." Zack mutters.

Ryder looks over at Zack as if seeing him for the first time. After studying him for what seems like an eternity, Ryder finally turns his attention to me.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Mr. Stevenson I am about ready to throw you out of this house, or kill you myself. The latter is looking more and more preferable to me at the moment."

"Ryder this is Zack. Zack, Ryder." I introduce them to each other. Zack holds out his hand to Ryder for him to shake. Ryder narrows his eyes at him and takes a step back instead of shaking Zack's hand.

He looks Zack up and down for a second time before finally speaking. "I don't like the guy."

I let out a resigned sigh. "Why? You don't even know him."

"He reminds me of someone...but I can't remember who..." Ryder trails off.

Lily lets out a snort. "I'm pretty sure the person he reminds you of is the asshole you shot and just dropped."

"Miss Marshal please."

"How come she gets a 'please' and I get a 'or I'll kill you myself?' That hardly seems fair." Ryder protests.

"Henri likes me more obviously." Lily scoffs at Ryder with a dismissive wave.

"No, it's because Henri hasn't completely lost all hope in you...unlike Ryder." I interject. Lily shoots Ryder a smug smile and Ryder scowls at me.

"But she's right." Ryder says, agreeing with his sister.

"Zack is Asshole's older brother."

"Miss Marshal."

"That would explain my immediate dislike of you." Ryder says to Zack. "But if Ev trusts you then so do I...for now at least. Just remember...I'm watching you buddy."

"Touching." Comes Garrett's sarcastic and dry comment.

"Well no one asked for your input." Lily retorts as Ryder lifts Garrett's chair back up a second time.

Garrett turns his attention to me. "Got something you want to talk to me about?"

I cross my arms over my chest and plaster a blank expression on my face. "What do you want Lydia for?"

He looks at me with a sly expression on his face. "Who said I wanted her for anything?"

"How did you even get Lydia?" Hayden interjects and I shoot him a look.

Garrett only smiles in a sadistic way. "What makes you think I 'got her'? Ever think that she might have just come willingly?"

Hayden shakes his head. "Not in a million years."

"No?" Garret questions in a dubious tone. "Then how else would you explain my 'getting her?'"

Hayden doesn't say anything and instead looks over at Josh, Olivia, and Kate, who all seem to have the same look on their face as Hayden. They're believing Garrett. Because that's just what Garrett does best. He manipulates your thoughts and plants ideas in your head that'll work out in his favor.

The thought that Lydia might have been working for him the entire time is now planted securely in everyone's head. Everyone's except mine.

Lydia's a bitch beyond a shadow of a doubt, but teaming up with Garrett? She'd never do that. Me and her may not get along-at all-but if it came down to it...I'd trust her with my life. Though I'm honestly hoping it'll never come down to that. Even if we're no longer close, I do know my sister-regretfully-and she likes to be in charge. Working for Garrett? Wouldn't happen even in a alternate universe.

"Give me a location." I hiss at Garrett.

He plays dumb. "Location of what?"

My had strikes out faster than before, slamming into the side of his face with enough force to cause his head to snap to the side.

He spits blood out of his mouth and onto the floor in front of me. "Still not following." He says with a murderous glare.

"Lydia." I growl as I grab a fist full of his shirt. "Where is she?"

"Haven't the slightest idea." His head snaps back after my fist connects with his face again.

"You know," He starts in a conversational tone. "For someone you hate, you're awfully desperate to get her back."

"You know," Lily starts up in the same tone. Only hers is a little more mocking. "For someone as smart as you, you would think you'd have figured out by now that if you don't give her the answer she's looking for...you are going to get hit."

Garret smirks at me, his pale blue eyes boring into my mine. "Give it your best shot." He taunts.

I swing my leg around and hit him in exact spot where I had stabbed him with my dagger not too long ago. Henri has already given Garrett the antidote, just to make sure he doesn't die on us right this minute. I'll still be stabbing him again later.

He hisses in pain and glares at me, but there's that stupid spark of amusement in his eyes. As if this whole thing I just hilarious to him.

"I've giving you one more chance to answer the question."

"That doesn't seem very fair to me."

"Where is Lydia?"

"See here's the thing," Garrett starts. "I tell you where to find her, but what's in it for me?"

"What the hell do you want this time?" I growl.

"This time?!" Lily repeats. "What did you give him last time? Why would you even give him anything to begin with? What were you thinking? Nope. You know what? I don't want to know. Don't tell me. Never mind. Forget I even asked."

I ignore her and keep my attention on Garrett. Garrett smiles smugly at me. "I want your dagger."

"What is so special about your dagger?" Josh questions. "Other than the fact it's coated in poison. Why is it everyone wants it?"

I hear Josh but I don't look at him. My gaze is locked on Garrett's. He smiles knowingly at me. "Well?" He asks. "What's it going to be? We have a deal?"

"No." I say firmly and I notice surprise flash across his face.

"No?"

"No." I confirm. "I'm not giving you anything, but you're still going to tell me where Lydia is."

"Oh?" He raises an eyebrow mockingly. "And why would I do that?"

I don't answer his question. Instead I shrug out of the jacket I'm wearing. I toss it onto the couch behind me without taking my eyes off of him.

"Get out." I order firmly. I can see everyone looking at each other questioningly. Wondering who I'm talking to.

"Leave." I repeat and this time I look up at everyone else in the room. "All of you, now."

"Ev?" Lily says as she takes a step towards me.

"I said leave." I seethe out, my fists clenched at my sides. Of course it's not her I'm angry at though and she knows it.

"Why?" Lily questions, but she still motions-along with Henri- for everyone to start clearing the room.

"Because I don't want any of you to see what happens next." I reply turning back towards Garrett. He tires his best to hide it, but I can still see the fear in his eyes. Good, but he shouldn't be scared. He should be terrified, because I am so done playing his games.

And it's about damn time he started playing mine instead.

Vote

Comment

Thanks for your patience

Enjoy!

And Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
143K 4K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...
3.1M 179K 41
"She was my best friend. Someone I trusted far more than anyone else." "What was she like?" "She was worse than Devin if you can believe that." *** W...