Once Upon A Storm (EDITING)

By _wastedlives_

"Drake?" I call out shakily. His eyes slowly flutter open and he smirks amusedly at me. "Gotcha." He whisper... More

1 - A broken heart.
2 - Sexy Strangers
3 - Not so regretful.
4 - She's so stupid.
5 - Darcy the bitch.
6 - It is lace!
7 - early morning texts.
8 - Throw in some sexy.
9 - Sam the prick.
10 - I think I'm falling.
11 - Vanessa boo it is.
12 - Like a wild man.
14 - The good and the bad.
15 - Naughty girl.
16 - I'm all yours.
17 - Loud and extremely sexy.
18 - She's my fresh water.
19 - Kelly's letter.
20 - dancing in t-shirts.
21 - She's mine forever.
22 - Steal his heart.
23 - Baby.
24 - Fight.
25 - Don't let me down.
26 - Heartbreak ice cream.
27 - Pain.
28 - still have a chance.
30 - Until she loves me.
32 - Bad Blood.
33 - Assumptions.
34 - I'd go back to you.
35 - Love me like you do
36 - Don't stop.
37 - Your heart and soul.
38 - Euphoria.
Authors Note (Editing)

13 - It just wouldn't be fair.

15.8K 384 31
By _wastedlives_

Vanessa 🌻

"I can't believe your leaving." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. Kelly's face mirrors mine, except she looked so much worse considering she was leaving her whole fucking life behind.

"Me either." She croaked, wiping her tears away furiously. Her eyes kept flickering around the airport, as if she was expecting to spot someone.

I knew she was hoping Thomas would show up. They never made up, and now here Kelly is- completely heartbroken cause my brother's a dickwad and left her alone because of his selfishness.

"Kels I'm so sorry." I tell her, wrapping my arms around her tightly. She sobs into my shoulder and my heart aches for her.

I'm going to fucking kill Thomas.

"Kelsey, the planes boarding. We have to go." I look over Kelly's shoulder, glaring at her mother who looked like she couldn't care less that she was ripping her only child's life apart.

Kels pulls back and I press a kiss to her cheek. "I love you best friend." She murmurs.

"I love you too." I say, my voice cracking. I fucking hate goodbyes.

She smiles brokenly, placing something in my hand. "Till we meet again." Was the last thing my best friend said to me before she walked away, following her parents to the boarding gates.

I bite my lip, holding back a sob as I look down at the folded paper in my hand.

Thomas, was scribbled onto it and I gulped. That stupid, son of a fucking bitch - I don't care if I'm his sister -, I'm going to rip his limbs off one by one.

Once I can't see Kelly's figure anymore, I turn on my heel and head out of the airport.

In the midst of thinking of ways to kill Thomas, I spot familiar dark brown hair from the corner of my eyes and my breath hitched.

Drake.

I stop dead in my tracks, staring at him. His back was facing me and I was going to approach him when he turned around suddenly and I catch a glimpse of his face.

False alarm. I thought to myself, sighing in relief. I continue walking and suddenly what happened yesterday at Connors house floods my mind.

I'm so fucking stupid, I can't believe I left him like that after he fucking confessed he has feelings for me. I feel like such a dumbass now.

He's probably so hurt, and he probably thinks that I don't like him- but I do goddammit! I fucking do. I like him so much it drives me crazy. Every time I see him its like time stands still, and my heart races so fast I feel like its going to jump out of my chest.

When we kiss sparks fly, and every time we touch it burns in such a good way.

But when he told me he likes me so much he could love me, it kind of scared me. I feel like we only just met and all these feelings are rushed. My hearts already been broken and I don't want to rush into things I'm not ready for.

Sometimes I still find myself thinking about Sam.. It wouldn't be fair to get with Drake whilst I'm still trying to get over someone else.

It just wouldn't be fair.

•.•.•.•.•

I arrived back home at around seven pm, feeling completely and utterly defeated. My emotions were all over the place. On the drive back home, I cried the whole time.

Bruno Mars's 'you can count on me' was playing on the radio and it just made me burst into tears. I couldn't stop them from falling.

I don't want a life without Kelly.

It'll be dull and depressing..

Sighing, I push open the car door, holding my purse tightly in my hand as I got out of the car. I lock the doors and make my way up to the porch.

I search through my bag for my house keys, and frown when I don't find them.

"Fuck." I muttered, bending down to check for a spare under the welcome rug. I curse again once I didn't find it.

Raising my fist I knock on the door, before ringing the doorbell a few times. A minute or so passes by and I raise my fist to knock again when the front door swings open.

Thomas stands there, glaring down at me as if I'd just pissed him off.

"Why the fuck didn't you just open the door with you're fucking key?!" He spat, and suddenly all the anger and rage I felt towards him at the airport comes back.

"You stupid fucking asshole!" I screeched before pouncing on him. We rolled around on the porch, I grip onto his hair and he gripped onto mine.

"You crazy bitch!" Tom yells, pinning me down underneath him. I growled, and bit his hand so hard I think I tasted blood.

Tom yelps and immediately rolls off me, trying to get away. I grip onto his ankle and drag him back before crawling on top of him and pounding my fists into his back.

"You broke her heart!" I say between each punch.

"I'm sorry!" He yells, struggling to get out from under me.

"Fuck you!" I spat.

"Get off me!"

"No!"

"Fucking get the hell off!"

"NO!"

"FUCK!"

"YOU STUPID PIECE OF-"

"Vanessa! What the fuck are you doing?!" Suddenly I'm pulled off of Thomas and onto my feet. Vivian shakes me slightly. "Are you crazy?"

"No! He fucking hurt Kelly!" I exclaimed. Vivi's jaw drops a little, surprised at the news and I roll my eyes, glaring down at Tom.

He scrambles to his feet, breathing heavily and running his hand through his hair.

"You don't know shit Vanessa." He spat breathlessly. I scoff, taking a step forward, only for Vivian to pull me back.

"She waited for you to show up and say fucking goodbye Tom! You didn't even have the decency to at least say sorry!" I exclaimed, eyes wide with rage. "Get your head out of your ass!"

"You have no idea how it feels-"

"Yeah maybe I don't but Kelsey was forced to leave you fucking dumbass. If she had a choice, you know she would've stayed." I grit the last part, wanting to rip his head off.

Tom looks down, his eyes filling with shame. "It's over between us Vanessa. She's gone." Thomas sighs, as if I would understand.

I shake my head, pretending that I do as I walk forward. I place my hand on his shoulder and he looks up at me, puzzled.

"Remember that time I told you, that if you break her heart I'll break your face?" I asked softly, and Tom's brows furrowed. "Well, I meant it."

My fist made contact with his nose.

•.•.•.•.•.•

The next week passed by in a blur. Everyday I missed my best friend more and to be honest, she was sometimes the only thing I thought about. We Skype every night and she asks about Thomas a lot.

I always say, 'Were not talking, because he's an asshole and I broke his nose.' But really, I just want to stay clear of the Tom topic because of all the girls he's been bringing home lately.

If Kelly knows, she'll be fucking shattered.

I've grown closer to Connor and Xavier and to be honest, I really like their company. Kelly freaked when I told her I was hanging out with them a lot now. But I can tell she wishes that she could be there to hang with them too.

She says she's joined a school in Sydney. It's an all girls school and the girls there are apparently pretty cool. I'm glad she's making friends, but I can tell she doesn't care about them. She just wants to come back to her home.

"Thanks." I muttered to the cashier at Starbucks. Grabbing my latte off the counter, I exit the cafe and get back into my car. By the time I arrived at school, the latte was finished.

I throw the empty cup into the bin on the schools front steps, before entering the building. It immediately felt as if there were numerous pairs of eyes on me and as I looked around, there was.

Everyone kept glancing at me, and whispering started. I furrowed my brows, confused as fuck.

"Poor Vanessa.."

"She's probably over him anyway.."

"I think she's gonna be crushed."

"They were together for a year."

It felt like the day I'd found out about Sam cheating on me all over again. The whispering and lingering stares that felt like fire on my skin.

Suddenly I catch sight of Connor who was standing by my locker, waving his arms around like a fucking maniac. I roll my eyes, a small frown tugging onto my lips as I arrived at the locker.

"Do you happen to know why everyone's staring at me like I have a paper saying, 'my grandma just died' on my forehead?" I ask him. Connor furrows his brows and starts to shake his head when Xavier is suddenly by my side, shoving his phone into my face.

"This is why." He breathes, as if he'd just run a marathon. A frown etches onto my face, and I snatch his phone off him, looking down at the screen.

I suddenly feel a little sick as my eyes zero in on the picture posted by Penelope Shawn on Facebook.

There was a birthday cake with a candle shaped as the number eighteen. Behind it was a laughing Penelope, and a guys head buried into the crook of her neck from behind.

It was sam.

Penelope Shawn : Thx for the b-day cake babyyy! Best boyfriend everrrr <3 xx.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel even an ounce of jealousy, though I was just kinda pissed. Knowing that our whole relationship was a lie, and he's now with the girl he cheated on me with.

It stung, but I could deal. I have been dealing for almost two months now, and I think I'm ready to move on.

Loud giggles erupted from across the hall and I lift my head, immediately glaring at the new couple. Or old, it doesn't matter.

Sam's eyes stare back at me as he whispers shit into Penelope's ear, and I could see the smug look in his eyes.

Then, as if a flip had switched inside of me, I suddenly didn't care. I stare at the couple for a little while longer, taking my time in letting everything go.

The hurt, the heartbreak, the jealousy- everything.

"Took you long enough!" I called and Sam's smug look drops, his face filling with confusion. "I'm happy for you." I say, leaving the whole student body speechless.

With that, I turn around and proceed to open my locker and get my books out for first period.

I'm finally over him.

~•~•~•~•~

A/N : Edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 13.5K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
4.8K 145 27
HOT That's all I felt a...
365K 9.3K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
5.3K 59 47
"I have fallen completely in love with you all over again," I started as I looked up at Shawn, he just stared at me in shock, "everything you do, eve...