The Day I Became a Serial Kil...

By MushyMarshmellow

This suspenseful novel won't let you down. Enter the mind of a Serial Killer. 17-year-old senior in high scho... More

Chapter 1: A Terrible Accident
Chapter 2: Tragedy
Chapter 3: Insane
Chapter 4: I'm Sorry
Chapter 5: Clean-Up
Chapter 6: Yes
Chapter 7: Not Safe
Chapter 8: Still Here
Chapter 9: Ricin
Chapter 11: From White to Red
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: The Hard Way
Chapter 14: Brother
Chapter 15: Wrapped In Roses
Chapter 16: Trapdoor
Chapter 17: The Unexpected
Chapter 18: Killer Party
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: No Regrets
Chapter 21: Hope To Die
Chapter 22: Red Everywhere
Chapter 23: A Familiar Face
Chapter 24: Blood Bag
Chapter 25: Coma
Chp. 26 news + Announcement
I LOVE you all
Thinking of you all ❤❤❤
I'M BACK (Chp. 26 Update!)
A few words... ❤

Chapter 10: Sick Game

5.9K 355 293
By MushyMarshmellow

I stood there for few seconds, silent with a gun in my hand. My father was confused as to what was going on. I didn't blame him. I kind of brought him into this too.

"Me and William killed Tom Ortega and Trisha Delarosa," I said, proceeding to cry.

"What?"

"I killed Tom Ortega and William killed Trisha Delarosa."

"Oh god."

"Yeah, I know."

"Crystal why the fuck do you have a gun?" My dad shouted.

"I took it from William's mother... after I killed her."

"What the hell, Crystal?" My dad shouted.

"I'm sorry, Dad."

My dad reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"It's come too far, Crystal! We need to get you help! I'm calling the police department. We can get you some help."

I point the gun at my father, "I won't hesitate to shoot, Dad." My father looks at me with disgust. "Crystal, who are you right now?"

"I'm your daughter," I replied.

"... and if you won't accept that... then I guess I'm a serial killer. Hell, maybe I'm both." I added.

"Crystal, we can get you help. Your mother and brother will be home soon."

"No, dad. I've got bigger fish to fry."

"What are you going to do next? You're going to get yourself killed." My dad said.

"I'm going to save William."

I walked out of my home, not saying another word. A ding went off, tempting me to check my phone. I knew it was the unknown number, and if was going to save William, I needed to play along. I checked my phone.

Unknown: Your dad seems upset.

Me: He's not upset. I am.

Unknown: I know, Crystal. But, it'll all pay off. Maybe, William will make it out of this alive. Go to your school dance. Now.

My school was hosting a small school dance for seniors, and I decided not to attend it, but I guess I have to now. Caleb asked me if I was going to the dance, and I told him I didn't know. I guess I'll surprise him.

I wasn't wearing the nicest clothes, but I didn't care. I couldn't walk into my school with a gun. I did the unthinkable. I stuck it in my My mailbox. I was stupid and didn't know what I was thinking.

I walked into the school, to the cafeteria where the dance was held. Dance lights swerved all around, coloring the floors a variety of colors. A ding went off.

Unknown: Good job, Crystal. You seem to want William alive, huh?

Me: How do you know where I am?

Unknown: I guess you thought I was kidding when I said I'm always watching.

The unknown number was at the dance. They had to be. They were watching. I got bumped into by someone, getting slightly splashed with fruit punch.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, Crystal," Caleb said.

"It's okay, I'm fine," I replied, trying to dry the fruit punch with a napkin.

A ding went off.

Unknown: I see you.

I began looking around the dance floor. Many teens had their phones out. The unknown number could have been anyone. I approached one kid, checking his phone. He was looking at a picture of... never mind

"Do you mind? Jeez."

It wasn't him. I checked anther girl's phone, it wasn't her. "Back off, will ya'?"

This continued for several minutes. I couldn't find the unknown number. "Okay, Everyone! It's time for a slow dance... so, grab that special someone... and pull them close." The announcer said as dim lights filled the cafeteria. Slow music came on, making people grab their significant others and began slow dancing.

Caleb stood there beside me, watching others slow dancing. It became awkward. "Hey Crystal, would you maybe want to..."

I smiled, "Yeah."

Caleb smiled back, putting down his drink and grabbing my hand. We walked onto the dance floor. Caleb wrapped his hands around my waist and I laid my hands on his shoulders.

Our dance went on for few minutes. "You look pretty, tonight." I wasn't wearing anything fancy, just regular clothing, but I wasn't going to complain. "Thank you."

Unexpected, Caleb reached in for a quick kiss. He moved too fast for me to respond. His lips pressed against mine for a split second. He smiled, "Sorry." I didn't like him too much, yet I blushed.

The slow dance was interrupted by a projector turning on, displaying across the stage in the cafeteria. Everyone focused on the projector image.

The entire group of teens at the dance gasped. Caleb shocked, as was I. The image displayed wasn't just bloody. It was disturbing. The security ran up to the stage to attempt to turn off the projector. The projector seemed to turn on by itself.

Across the image showed Joslyn, dead. Throat slit open, pink shirt painted in red. It was a dark room, making it untraceable. The school security turned off the projector. Principle Hendricks rushed everyone out of school, canceling the dance and calling the police. Minutes later, dozens of police officers were at my school.

Caleb left shortly after Principal Hendricks contacted the cops. I stood outside the school, viewing the drama.

A ding went off.

Unknown: I did this to show you how serious I am, Crystal.

Me: I will kill you, you son of a bitch.

Unknown: Hey, Crystal... now that I think of it... You did have... what? 24 hours to save William?

Oh god.

Me: You lay a finger on him and I'll kill you.

Unknown: I won't hurt him as long as you do as I ask. I need you to kill the mother of Joslyn.

I was running out of time. I couldn't ask questions or argue. The unknown number gave me Joslyn's address where her mother was.

I ran home, grabbing the gun from my mailbox and headed to Joslyn's house.

I knocked on the door, waiting patiently. Joslyn's mother opened the door, surprised to see me. She didn't look too good. She looked like she'd been crying a lot. "Crystal?"

"Hey, Ms. Patters."

"Listen, I uh- I have to go. I just got a call from the police to go to Joslyn's school."

"It'll only be a second."

"Okay, make it quick."

I spotted a pot of Castor Beans on Ms. Patters' shelf, tempting me to take them. "That's a nice pot of Castor Beans, Ms. Patters'."

"Indeed, they are."

I needed the ricin. I wasn't leaving this house without that plant. I didn't know how I was going to kill her, but I was. "So, what do you need, Crystal?" I didn't know what to do. "I need to kill you."

Ms. Patters' gave me a confused look, "What?"

I took out William's gun from my pocket, pointing it at her. She didn't seem surprised. She always suspected me of something. "I'm sorry."

"Just do i-"

A loud bang filled the home. Blood splattered on the wall as Ms. Patters' fell to the floor. I ran to the Castor Beanpot and snatched it, running out the door before I could be seen by a neighbor.

A ding went off.

Unknown: Good job, Crystal. Now, Run.

I ran, not stopping or thinking why I was running. I could barely breathe. I thought I was in the clear until I saw headlights ahead of me. They came closer. It was a red truck. It sped toward me as I ran along the sidewalk. I ran toward my home, barging through the door, closing it behind me.

I looked forward as my jaw dropped. My father was sitting on the couch next to my mother, and the police. I thought it was okay until I saw Jasmine beside my father. Oh, shit.

"We need to talk." My father said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/11/17

Thanks for reading Chapter Ten of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the tenth chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Eleven is out now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 97.1K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...