Hold Me in Your Beating Heart...

By _SweetDisposition_

Harry could feel himself slowly start to shiver when the cold temperature of the room started getting colder... More

Notes + Warnings
Chapter 1~ Too little too late
Chapter 2~ I need to let you go
Chapter 3~ I only live in your memories
Chapter 4~ Can you save me?
Chapter 5~ Come raise the dead
Chapter 6~ Too early my valentine
Chapter 7~ Let me go
Chapter 8~ Life goes on
Chapter 9~ Sweet child of mine
Chapter 10~ So take me home
Chapter 11~ This is how you remind me
Chapter 12~ And you'll never break it, until you learn to see
13. We're coming apart, but we hold it together
14. Don't give me up
15. The Old Life Is Over
16. We Belong Together
17. Loving can hurt sometimes
18. Unforgettable
20. Untitled
21. Untitled

19. It'll be alright

965 44 41
By _SweetDisposition_

The week went by faster than they thought. Jay was yet to come home after she had caught the flu and was unable to come home. Louis had been worried out of his mind, going as far as getting sick himself because of the stress. That had caused Blake to have a major freak out and sleep next to Louis for the whole week and refusing to leave his side no matter what. She was responding well to treatment and was getting better, something that had made Louis feel better, enough to enjoy his first halloween with Blake.

They were in the family room by the kitchen, watching A Nightmare Before Christmas while they waited for Harry to come home. Blake's costume was already on his bed, ready for him to put it on and go trick or treating. They were eating popcorn and watching Sally singing on screen when Louis' phone went off. It scared the hell out of them, making Blake drop the bowl of popcorn on the rug.

"Pick them up, baby." Louis told him before he answered. He spoke for a few minutes then hung up and looked at Blake.

"It was papa, he wants us to get ready. Jacob's parents will be here in a bit." He told him.

"Can I shower first?" Blake asked.

"I think we should wait until after we come back. It's cold outside and I don't want you to get sick." Louis wrapped his arms around Blake, kissing the side of his head before he let him go so he could change.

Louis got up soon after and was putting away all the dishes after he had left the dishwasher open so they could cool off when he heard the garage door. He looked out the window and saw a black car slowing down in front of his house. Harry walked in seconds later and Louis smiled, leaving the glass on the countertop to run to Harry and kiss him. Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and Harry around Louis' waist as they kissed. They had to let go when there was a knock on their front door and Blake was shouting that he got it.

He was always faster than his parents, and when they finally made it there, their son was already shaking hands with them. He already had on his costume, but the wig was badly put on and he was still barefooted. Louis and Harry wanted to laugh when Blake told them to come in, taking their coats and hanging them on the coat rack.

"I'm glad you could make it." Harry shook hands with the adults, and waved at Jacob.

"Thank you for inviting us." Max told him, placing his hand on his son's shoulder.

"Jacob's really excited." Angie said.

"I'm really excited too!" Blake stood in front of Jacob, wanting to make him feel comfortable. "And we match too, I think our costumes are the best. Do you want to come watch a movie with me?" He asked, not giving Jacob time to answer when he was already pulling him to the living room.

"Your son is a sweetheart." Angie told Louis and Harry.

"He's been waiting all this week to meet him." Louis said, turning to look at his son who was showing Harley to Jacob. The dog was dressed up as a lion, a costume Blake had picked out for him.

"How are we going to do this?" Max asked. "Do we all ride in one car?"

"I think mine." Harry suggested. "It's bigger, but first I think they should go trick or treating around the neighborhood. Who knows, they might fully fill their bags here."

"That sounds good." Max nodded.

"Blake still needs his shoes." Louis said as he looked around for them.

He excused himself to run upstairs to get socks and the black boots they had gotten Blake for his costume. When he walked in he shook his head at the mess his son had in his bedroom and instead of getting what he was supposed to, he started picking up. He made sure to leave his books there when he already knew his son hated when they moved them. He already had a system going on when it came to things on his desk.

When he was done, he grabbed what he needed and ran back downstairs where he found them in the kitchen. Harry was fixing Blake's wig as he and Jacob ate the caramel popcorn he had made earlier that day. He gave the shoes to Blake and let him put them on himself. It wasn't long before they were out the door and on the street where they let the kids go to the very first house. They all smiled when they heard them trick or treating, seeing the way Jacob was already comfortable with Blake.

"This is the first time he gets out of the house." Angie said. "He's been so afraid. He saw one of his friends and didn't take it too well. He cried all day." She said as her eyes filled with tears and her voice trembled.

"We've been neighbors for a long time." Max clarified when he saw the confused expressions on both Louis' and Harry's faces. "We think that maybe we should move. Start over somewhere else, but right now we're not sure what we want to do."

"I'm just glad he's having fun." Angie smiled when he saw her son already heading to the next house with Blake, both kids racing there.

"I am a hundred percent sure he already has a friend on Blake." Louis told her.

"How about we go out to eat after they're done?" Harry suggested. "I'm inviting and I insist."

When they finally agreed, they walked from house to house after the kids until their bags were full and they were complaining about their feet hurting already. Harry drove them to a restaurant where as soon as the hostess showed them to their table, Blake and Jacob were quick to sit next to each other. By the end of their meal, they drove back home where Max and Angie promised to bring Jacob sometime soon. That night after taking a shower, Blake went back to sleep in his own bedroom after the long week where nobody could get him out of his parents bedroom.

"I'm exhausted." Harry yawned, already laying down in bed. "Thank god tomorrow is sunday."

"I want to go see my mom tomorrow." Louis told him as he rubbed lotion all over his legs after he had showered.

"We can go tomorrow after breakfast, we just have to drop Blake off with my mom." Harry answered without opening his eyes.

"I want him to go too. I think it's time he knows she's okay and is going to come here for a few weeks." Louis turned to look at Harry, already begging with his eyes and pouty lips, but made a face when he saw Harry didn't even have his eyes open.

"Whatever you want, babe." Harry smiled, then covered his mouth with his hand when he yawned again. He was completely exhausted.

"You're too good to be true." Louis smiled as he put the lotion away, then turned around and crawled towards Harry. "I think you deserve a prize."

"What kind of prize?" Harry was suddenly fully awake and no longer exhausted. His eyes wide open.

He placed his hands on Louis' hips as soon as his love was straddling him, his whole body weight resting on him. His question was answered as soon as Louis started rolling his hips, a wave of pleasure forming in between his legs. That's how it always was. He would get turned on way too fast and cum even faster, enough for him to feel embarrassed. But when Louis had told him he felt so special, loved and that he was still wanted, Harry had stop feeling embarrassed. After years of having no sex at all, he knew it was normal and that soon he would get used to it. He would last longer.

Louis stifled a giggle when Harry turned them around and he found himself on his back and Harry in between his legs. He loved that now Harry couldn't get enough of him and always wanted to be kissing and touching him. He just hoped Blake stayed in his bedroom after the last time when he had cockblocked them all week long. But he couldn't blame his child when he had gotten sick and his baby worried about him.

Louis kissed Harry and wrapped his arms around him, holding him as close as he could. Harry lifted Louis' shirt and ran his hand over the warm skin of his stomach and his side. After that it was all a blur for Louis when he found himself flat on his stomach and Harry's hands gripping his hips to keep them up and still as he pounded into him. Louis didn't like whenever Harry would pull out every time he came and had even told him it, but Harry kept doing it.

He buried his face on the pillow and started thinking of the many times they had had sex before years ago and how they had always used condoms. He definitely wanted a baby, but wasn't sure if his body could handle it after everything. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Harry thrusted into him one more time before pulling out and cumming all over Louis' lower back. It wasn't long before Louis felt Harry's fingers in him, moving in and out until Louis came all over the sheets.

Louis slowly lifted his head up, seeing the pillow wet with his saliva, quickly turning it around so Harry wouldn't see how fucked out he was. A right mess.

That didn't stop them when they went at it almost all night, in every position they could think of. That didn't stop Louis from finally getting to have his pretty pink lips wrapped around Harry's cock while they showered. The last time before they fell asleep, Louis had ridden Harry until they were cumming, getting slightly annoyed when Harry pulled him up so he wouldn't cum in him.

Harry was definitely regretting the part about having stayed up late when his phone went off at six am, just two hours after he and Louis had gone to sleep. He wanted to ignore it, but knew it was an emergency when he recognized the ringtone he had selected specifically for those types of calls and text messages. He had Louis sleeping almost on top of him and could barely move as he tried to reach for the phone. When he finally did, his eyes widened when he saw the message.

"Turn it off." Louis mumbled, already getting annoyed when the noise was too close to his ear.

"I have to get up. There's an emergency at the hospital." Harry rubbed his back, then tried to get up.

Harry was grateful when Louis moved and he was allowed to get up. Louis only got comfortable on Harry's old spot and continued sleeping. Before leaving, Harry made sure to put sweatpants on Louis when they had been sleeping completely naked then checked on Blake to make sure he was doing okay. It was still too dark outside when he left, thanking whoever was up there that he had been able to fully wake up.

When Louis opened his eyes, it was to the fire alarm blaring loudly downstairs in the kitchen. He could smell something burning and quickly got up and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. He found Blake standing on top of a chair and trying to reach the smoke alarm with a broom when nothing was on fire and it was too loud. He jumped off the chair and let Louis grab it, taking out the batteries as soon as the damn thing was in his hands.

"What's burning?!" He asked as he looked around.

He found the source of the smoke on top of the stove on a skillet where the pancakes were already nothing but black matter and smoke. Louis remembered how his mom would always put it in water and that's exactly what he did.

"I was trying to make pancakes, but Harley wanted to go outside and when I came back there was smoke everywhere." Blake explained.

"Where's papa?" Louis was rubbing his eyes, still a bit sleepy, and looking around for the time. "It's too early." He muttered.

"It's nine am." Blake told him.

"Too early for a sunday morning." He said as he yawned and his eyes were closing without his permission.

"I'm hungry." Blake told his father, expecting him to make him something to eat. "There's no cereal."

"Um..." Louis looked around the kitchen, finding some milk and pancake mix spilled on the counter. "There's nothing to eat." He finally came to that conclusion when he was too lazy and sleepy to cook.

"I'm calling papa." Blake decided when Louis was still looking around the kitchen wearing nothing but sweatpants, noticing a few bruises on his neck and chest. "Why do you have so many bruises!?" He asked, dropping his phone on the table when his call went to voicemail.

"These uh...I don't know." He lied.

Louis and Blake had a staring contests until they heard Louis' phone going off upstairs. Louis used that time to escape and run upstairs, noticing Blake following him. He didn't get there on time, but picked up the phone anyway and saw it had been Harry the one who had called him. While he waited for him to answer, he went to the closet and looked for a shirt to hide all the hickeys Harry had left on him. When Harry didn't answer, he tried again, having noticed Blake was already on his bed trying to go back to sleep.

"Hey. Thought you were still asleep." Harry answered. "I tried to call Blake back. Is he okay?"

"Hey. He's fine, burned the pancakes he was making but he's okay." Louis chuckled. "Where are you?"

"You let him cook on his own?" Harry asked instead of answering his question. "Did you make sure he turned the stove off? Louis, he's not supposed to use it on his own."

Louis' eyes widened when Harry's voice raised, having no idea why he was getting all worked up.

"Calm down, he's okay. He's old enough to use it, he's not stupid." Louis said.

"I know he's not stupid, he's just not supposed to use it on his own without adult supervision. He could have burned himself or set something on fire. It's a gas stove, Louis!"

"But he didn't!" Louis yelled as he slammed the closet door shut. "You treat him like a baby and I think you shouldn't do that. He's nine years old for god's sake! He's too sheltered and I don't like it."

"I don't treat him like a baby." Harry calmly said.

"Yes you do." Louis argued, and wanted to keep arguing but stopped when he heard his son knocking on the door. "Are you coming home soon?" Louis wondered, trying to change the subject when he didn't want his child to hear his parents arguing.

"In two more hours or so. I'm waiting to see how the patient does, she had to have emergency surgery." Harry explained.

"Okay..." Louis softly said as he fiddled with the sleeve of one of Harry's shirt, smiling at Blake when he saw him standing by the door.

"I think Zayn's going to call you to invite you and Blake for breakfast. Liam's here too, the child we operated on is only two." Harry sighed.

Louis felt an ache on his chest and his eyes burned with tears. "Is she doing okay?" He asked.

"The surgery was a success, we're just keeping an eye on her just in case she has any complications." Harry answered.

"Okay. I'll let you go now. I love you." Louis told him.

"I love you too." Harry said before he hung up.

Louis pulled the phone away from his ear and loudly sighed. He grabbed a random shirt and put it on, making sure it was covering all his hickeys. It wasn't long before he got a text from Zayn to which he quickly replied with a yes.

"We're gonna go out to eat with Zayn and we have to get ready." Louis told Blake.

Blake nodded and left the room to go change. Zayn got there fifteen minutes later, telling Louis that he was outside waiting for them. When Louis got in the car, he smiled at Zayn then down at his belly that was bigger than the last time he had seen it.

"Good morning!" Zayn greeted them as he started driving. "Where do you guys want to go?" He asked.

"The diner!" Blake shouted, making them wince.

"Blake, please don't shout." Louis told him, seeing Zayn smiling at him.

"We can go to the diner." Zayn nodded. "That way Lou can see it. It's a diner we found a while back and we've been going there ever since. You'll love it." He told Louis.

"I would love to go." Louis smiled. "How have you and the baby been?" He asked.

"Good, but I want her out. I still have three more months but I feel like I'm gonna explode, my back and feet hurt all the time too." Zayn complained.

"Wait till you have to pee every three minutes." Louis chuckled when Zayn's eyes widened.

The ride to the diner was spent with Blake telling Zayn about his halloween night and the new friend he had made. When they got there, Louis waited for Zayn to get out of the car, not wanting him to get hurt then walked together into the diner.

"How's Jay doing? When is she coming home?" Zayn asked him now that Blake was busy playing a game on his phone.

"She's good now, I think she's coming home today or tomorrow." Louis smiled. "But let's talk about you, there's so much we need to talk about."

"Like what?" Zayn asked, not really knowing where to start.

"Everything!" Louis exclaimed. "When did you change your mind about being a teacher?" He asked.

"I don't remember well when, but one day it hit me. I didn't want to be a teacher anymore and I went for architecture. I made the right decision because now it's my passion. Liam and I went our separate ways around that time so it was a bit hard but I made it that first year. We got back a year later and everything worked out perfectly. There were a lot of up and downs but here we are." Zayn said, looking up when a waitress approached them, and after ordering their drinks, he looked at Louis again.

"You guys broke up?" Louis raised his brows, unable to believe it.

"I don't know, I needed time to myself." Zayn looked down at the table.

"I'm sorry." Louis swallowed thickly.

"Don't blame yourself, Lou." Zayn told him. "I just didn't know how to handle my emotions and losing you was just...it was heartbreaking for me."

"But you got better, right?" Louis wanted to know.

"I did, and now you're back and I'm about to have a baby and everybody's happy. Everything is okay now." Zayn assured him. "And how about you? Have you been doing well?"

"Some things still scare me to be honest, but I'm doing well. It feels strange that everybody got older and I'm still eighteen. It's like I got ahold of a time machine and travelled to the future. When I was sixteen I thought there would be time machines by now and flying cars and instead we got the iPhone. I've never seen a phone as big as a six plus." Louis said, making Zayn and Blake laugh.

"I would stick to my Nokia but an iPhone is necessary for work. And you have to admit iPhones are really great." Zayn said as he passed his own phone back and forth between his hands.

"I have a lot to learn. Good thing I have Blake." Louis looked at his son who was busy looking at the menu.

"You didn't need a lot of help." Blake put the menu down and scooted closer to his father, letting him put an arm around his smaller shoulders.

Zayn watched with a smile on his face the way Louis and Blake interacted with each other. Despite Louis' and Blake's age, Louis was a parent to him. They were approached by the same waitress who took their orders and soon she was coming back with their food. They talked about random things, and when they were done, Zayn drove to his house to show Louis around. Louis had been so focused on Harry, Blake and his mother that he hadn't had time to visit Zayn.

Zayn showed him the baby's nursery, gushing about how Blake had helped him buy clothes for his daughter. He then showed Louis all of the albums full of pictures he had taken over the years, letting Louis take one of him and Liam holding a three year old Blake.

"I think it was his birthday when we took that picture." Zayn commented.

"Yeah, he looks like he was three years old." Louis said so sure of himself, looking up when he felt someone was watching him, finding Zayn looking at him. "I've watched those videos so many times, and seen all of the pictures. It's like I can point out how old he was in every one of them." Louis explained as he went through the pictures.

"That's amazing." Zayn commented.

He gasped when he saw a picture of his mother holding a one year old Blake. The woman had him on his back on her lap and seemed to be tickling him when Blake was laughing. He looked at Zayn and smiled when Zayn took it out and gave it to him.

"It was his birthday. She made him laugh so hard." Zayn chuckled, allowing Blake to look at the picture.

"When's grandma coming home?" Blake asked his father.

"Soon, baby." Louis ran his fingers through his hair before he continued looking at the pictures.

"Thank you for helping Harry out." Louis said out of nowhere, making Zayn tear up.

"You don't have to thank me. And remember that we'll always be here to help you out too, whenever you need something." Zayn said. "How about we go and get some chocolate milk, I'm really craving it."

Louis nodded and got up with the album still in his arms when he wasn't done looking at the pictures. That afternoon when he got home, he found Harry asleep in their bed. He was wearing nothing but his boxers and he looked completely exhausted. Louis covered him with the bedspread and made sure to close the blinds and the curtains so the light wouldn't get in at all. He closed the door and made his way to the game room where Blake was watching Total Drama.

They ended up playing video games a few hours later and Louis was grateful his child was being very patient with him when he didn't know how the Xbox worked. In the end he just started pressing random buttons as fast as he could and hoped for the best. They ended up ordering pizza after Louis had taken Harry's card, knowing he wasn't going to mind at all.

"Are you sure papa is okay with it? Did you ask him?" Blake asked as he waited for the what he had told Louis was called an iMac to load the website for the pizza place.

"I don't have to ask him." Louis said. "We're hungry and we have to eat. But only I can do this, you have to ask first." Louis quickly clarified so Blake wouldn't start getting any ideas.

He let Blake go to the Domino's website and as soon as it had loaded, he made Blake give him some space on the chair in front of the desk. He ordered enough food for the three of them, drinks included a well as dessert, then paid for everything. He had hesitated when he saw how much he had to pay, but one look at Blake had him finalizing his order. He had always been a spender after all. The saver in their family was Harry.

While they waited, they played with Harley and even attempted to give him a bath but the dog was faster and the only one that could get him in the bathtub was Harry. They had made a mess, splashing water everywhere but it had been fun. They had been too loud that Louis made sure to check on Harry to make sure he was doing okay when Harry never slept during the day. He had been able to find extra money for the tip then sat down in the living room to wait. They were watching tv when Blake gasped.

"What is it?" Louis asked concerned as he sucked on a laffy taffy.

"I have to do a book report for tomorrow." Blake said, eyes wide.

"About what book?" Louis asked. His head was already starting to hurt.

"About whatever book I want." Blake answered.

"Well go get your book and get started. I'll wait for the pizza guy right here." Louis made himself comfortable on the couch, watching Blake get up to get his things. "Make sure you don't wake papa up." He warned.

"I know." Blake sighed, already knowing he sometimes had to be quiet because his father needed to get as much sleep as he could.

He grabbed The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and the worksheet and a pencil. He made his way downstairs hearing the doorbell just as Harry opened the door and walked out. He was still in only his boxers, his hair was a mess and looked extremely sleepy. Blake narrowed his eyes when he saw bruises on his chest and neck, but said nothing.

"Who is it?" He asked, phone in his hand.

"Pizza guy." Blake told him without stopping.

Harry followed him downstairs, hearing Louis thanking the guy before he saw him closing and locking the door. He looked at the pizza box and the many other things Louis had on a bag and followed them to the kitchen. Louis put the stuff down on the kitchen island then turned to look at Harry with a big smile on his face.

"Babe!" Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and gave him a quick kiss. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah." Harry covered his mouth with his hand when he yawned, letting Louis grab paper plates and three glasses for the drinks.

Harry wordlessly took his card back when Louis gave it to him, not even asking how much Louis had spent. He didn't care as long as Louis was being responsible. He wrinkled his nose when Harley walked by and smelled like wet dog.

"He needs a bath." He said as he grabbed a slice of pizza.

"We tried to give him one but he got out of the bathtub, made a mess." Louis shrugged.

"I'll give him one when I'm done." Harry said, seeing Blake walking to the glass door to let the dog out. "I have to tell you your mom is coming home tonight. Mark called me and said she's doing better so we have to tell Blake."

Louis' whole face brightened up, unable to wait for his mom to get there. It was his chance of spending all his time with her and he was excited. When Blake came back he was told about the great news and like Louis, he couldn't wait to have her home. Later that night after Harry had given the dog a bath and Blake had finished his homework, Jay finally got there. She was in a wheelchair and couldn't move her left arm that well, but they were told that with therapy, se would be as good as new. Louis had hugged her the longest, not wanting to let go anytime soon when he had missed her so much.

"Look how big you've gotten, darling." Jay told Blake when she hugged her grandchild. "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you too, grandma." Blake told her, his voice muffled by the fabric of her sweater.

"The room is ready." Louis told them. "Do you want something to eat?" He asked them, getting ready to cook whatever they asked for.

"We already ate, love, but thank you." Jay held her hand out so Louis could take it, smiling when Louis did.

Louis bent down to wrap his arms around her shoulders and kiss her cheek, feeling his mother grabbing his hand and kiss the top of it.

"I'm so glad you're here." Louis quietly said now that Mark and Harry were listening to Blake's story. "Don't leave me again, mommy."

"I'm not going anywhere, darling. I'm here to stay, I promise." Jay hugged her son as tight as she could. "As long as you need me."

"I'll always need you." Louis started running his fingers through her long hair.

His mom started rubbing his back and Louis wanted to cry when it had been a long time since she had done that. He let go of her and wheeled her to the living room where Mark helped her onto the couch. Louis took a seat next to her and Blake on her other side, showing her how big Harley had gotten. The dog paid her attention before he went to lay down next to Louis, putting his head on his lap and falling asleep. Louis didn't move at all when Harley looked so comfortable, so he stayed on his spot until the dog finally woke up and moved to go to sleep on his bed.

When they went to bed, Louis slept like a baby, unable to wait for the next day so he could spend more time with his mother.

Thoughts? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 175 5
"Nothing makes you hurt like hurting who you love" Love shouldn't hurt, loving somebody with everything you have shouldn't make you feel like you're...
12.5K 663 23
"Your eyes in the sunlight are my favourite colour." Louis whispers as he tugs a curl behind Harry's ear. "Your lips on mine my favourite feeling and...
401 39 17
"Say something Lou... please. Say something..." "Football and Gay don't go together, Harry. Why can't you understand that I can't give you what you w...
636K 22.7K 53
LoveMeSomeStyles: has anyone seen this kid? she looks so much like Harry Styles. it's crazy. HarryxLovesxMe: wow! she really does! that is wild! Marr...