Fate/Stay Gakuen | Gilgamesh...

By HanaYume23

HIGHEST RANKING/S: • #1 in the #gilgamesh tag [06/04/2018] • #6 in the #fatestaynight tag [09/17/2018] - Hina... More

Author's Note: About the Story
(Spring) Chapter 1
(Spring) Chapter 2
(Spring) Chapter 3
(Spring) Chapter 4
(Spring) Chapter 5
(Spring) Chapter 6
(Spring) Chapter 7
(Spring) Chapter 8
(Spring) Chapter 9
(Spring) Chapter 10
(Spring) Chapter 11
(Spring) Chapter 12
(Summer) Chapter 13
(Summer) Chapter 14
(Summer) Chapter 15
(Summer) Chapter 16
(Summer) Chapter 17
(Summer) Chapter 18
(Summer) Chapter 19
(Summer) Chapter 20
(Summer) Chapter 21
(Summer) Chapter 22
(Summer) Chapter 23
(Summer) Chapter 24
(Autumn) Chapter 25
(Autumn) Chapter 26
(Autumn) Chapter 27
(Autumn) Chapter 28
(Autumn) Chapter 29
(Autumn) Chapter 30
(Autumn) Chapter 31
(Autumn) Chapter 32
(Autumn) Chapter 33
(Autumn) Chapter 34
(Autumn) Chapter 35
(Autumn) Chapter 36
(Extra) Chapter 36.5
(Winter) Chapter 37
(Winter) Chapter 38
(Winter) Chapter 39
(Winter) Chapter 40
(Winter) Chapter 41
(Winter) Chapter 42
(Winter) Chapter 43
(Winter) Chapter 44
(Winter) Chapter 45
(Winter) Chapter 46
(Winter) Chapter 48
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

(Winter) Chapter 47

609 20 12
By HanaYume23

Original Published Date: April 2017

Edited Date: May 20, 2018

March 6, 2017 - Morning

It was around seven in the morning. The students of Class 2-A were having their Physical Education class under the tutelage of Teacher Kyuru. The boys were tasked to run ten laps around the track while the girls are playing soccer in teams of six.

"Do ten more laps!" Teacher Kyuru shouts after the boys recently finished ten laps, panting and exhausted.

"W-Why is Mouretsuyuu-sensei so energetic so early in the morning?" one boy asks his classmate.

"I don't know but damn," the other boy pants heavily. "another ten laps? I could faint right now."

"You two, what are you doing?" A familiar voice asks, a figure approaching them.

The two boys froze in their spots upon hearing that one familiar voice. Just hearing it makes them shiver in fear and they are unable to lift their heads to look at him.

"U-Uhmm..." One of them stutters. "W-We were just getting to ten more laps, D-Douji-san!"

"Y-Yeah, we have no intention of slacking down or anything!"

"L-Let's go and do those ten laps, okay?"

"O-Okay!"

The two boys were about to leave, about to do the additional ten laps around the track field even though they're exhausted and still panting heavily. They kept their heads down, not wanting to meet eye contact. But, they weren't able to pass by him when one of their shoulders got caught in the golden-headed man's grip.

"Stop," he says.

The two were petrified and their voices got caught in their throats. They're not really sure if they're going to survive this ordeal. They have seen how Gil Douji treats students who are below him and they never wanted to cross the line with him. But, they crossed the line somehow and is now in a heap of trouble.

"You two are exhausted. Go take a rest on the bench and cool off for a bit," Gil says as he points to a nearby bench with his head.

Their eyes widen in surprise. Did Gil just say something nice to them? If he really did, then that's an extremely rare moment. Slowly, they look up and met the crimson eyes of their golden-headed classmate. But, his eyes show no irritation. They were just cool and calm and soft.

"D-Douji-san?" One of them stutters.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow, sending cold chills to the two again.

"W-W-We'll take a rest! S-Sorry for bothering you!"

The two exhausted boys hurriedly made their way to the nearby bench and rested. Gil, on the other hand, went back to the track field to continue the additional ten laps. The girls who were playing soccer, however, saw everything and they couldn't help but make small talk.

"Did you just see that? Did Douji-san look really nice just now?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah, yeah! I saw that, too! Normally, he would scold anyone who doesn't do their job right," one replies.

"Is it me or something is new about him?" Another ponders at the thought.

"Whatever it is, that's quite a shocking revelation!"

The girls continued their chatter, forgetting to play soccer. It didn't take long before Teacher Kyuru came up and started to scold them.

"I won't be coming to class today, Suzuhana-san. So, please distribute these handouts to your classmates," Teacher Mudo said, looking up at Hinako from his desk and giving the handouts to her. As usual, whenever he smiles, it's like the world becomes bright.

"May I know the reason for your absence, sensei?" Hinako asks, holding the handouts with both of her hands.

"Ah, that?" Teacher Mudo scratches the back of his head, smiling and blushing at the same time. "My wife is at the hospital right now and we're kind of expecting our first baby today. I have to be by her side when that time comes, that's why I need to leave early."

"O-Oh!" Hinako blushes a little, feeling happy for her teacher. "Congratulations, Aiten-sensei! I'm sure that you and your wife's first baby will be healthy and cheerful! I pray for the best!"

"Thank you, Suzuhana-san," Teacher Mudo said. "I also bid you luck on the elections and on the final exams. You don't have to stress yourself out on a lot of things, okay?"

"I understand, sensei. Thank you very much," Hinako said, bowing to her teacher before leaving the faculty room.

Hinako walks along the second floor hallway, towards the stairs that leads to the first floor where her classroom is at. She stops when she saw the blooming cherry blossoms outside, some of the petals flying in the air. She approaches one of the windows and stared at them for a while. They were beautiful.

From the second floor, one can see the spacious field at the back of the school. There were students who just finished their class in PE and are getting ready to go back to their rooms. Hinako saw a familiar person from within that group. Even though he was far away, she'd know him anywhere. He was carrying a few soccer balls on both hands, walking side-by-side with two of his classmates. This surprises Hinako a little but smiles in the end, for she knows that that person truly has a nice heart.

"Once the elections are done, you can resign."

Gil's words of that day resounded inside Hinako's mind. Whenever she remembers it, her heart tightens. She felt a little rejected when Gil said that to her but it still remains a question. Why would she feel so rejected from that statement alone? What did Hinako really want for Gil to say? What did she want in the end?

March 6, 2017 - Afternoon

"All right, everyone. Please, listen up," a teacher with square glasses said, standing in front of the student of Class 2-A. "Since Aiten-sensei is absent for today, you may all consider this as homeroom time."

Sounds erected from one mouth to another. Some felt relieved since no one was going to teach them before the final exams that will start tomorrow; some felt worried, for an important lesson was supposed to be discussed today and that it will be in the exams.

"That is all. Thank you."

The teacher left the classroom. When he wasn't around anymore, soft noises erupted around the room.

"Aiten-sensei is absent? But today is supposed to be the day that he gives us those handouts before the final exams," one girl said.

"Yeah, that's right. I still have trouble reading English and I'm scared that I might fail this subject," One responds.

"All right! More time to sleep!" A male student said, getting comfortable with his head on his desk.

"Idiot," his classmate lightly taps a hard-bound book on his head. "Our exams for Aiten-sensei's class is tomorrow and you dare slack off?"

"T-That was totally unnecessary, you know?"

The class was in chaos but not in total chaos. They just didn't know what to do. They expected that Teacher Mudo's exam will be hard and only a few of them can understand intermediate English. The rest of the class only knew basic and simple English terms.

"Get your books on Classic Literature. I'll try to discuss the things that will appear on the exam."

Everyone went quiet and their heads turned to the person who sat at the back, near the window. They were surprised and couldn't make a sound. They were just stuck to their seat.

"What's with all your faces, huh?" Gil starts to walk up to the teacher's table, his Classic Literature book on his hand. "You all are making such a fuss. Instead of talking, why don't you all just get your books and let me teach you?"

Everyone blink until realization hits them like asteroids.

"EEEEEHHHHH?!?!?!"

"Excuse me," Hinako said before entering the faculty room. "Mushajou-sensei?"

"Ah, Suzuhana-san!" Teacher Bou looks up from her desk with a smile on her face. "Thank you for coming here!"

"You're always welcome, Mushajou-sensei," Hinako replies, approaching the red-headed teacher. "Is there something that you need me for?"

"Yes, I do," Teacher Bou said before standing up from her chair and approaching Teacher Mudo's desk. "That Mudo, getting excited to have his first baby with Grainne that he forgot to hand out these handouts to his class."

"Handouts?"

"That's right," Teacher Bou took the stack of paper from Teacher Mudo's desk. "Class 2-A will be having their exams in Classic Literature tomorrow but Mudo forgot to give these to his class. He texted me, saying that I have to deliver these to that class but I'm busy preparing for my next class."

"I see," Hinako figured out on what she was called out for. "You want me to give these to Class 2-A, right, sensei?"

"Wow, as expected from this school's scholar!" She was overwhelmed. "But yes, I need you to give these to his class. You know, Gil-kun's class."

Hinako's heart started to race. "O-Oh, yeah. Gil is at Class 2-A."

Teacher Bou looks at Hinako with a smile on her face, earning the confused look of student. She, then, flashes a grin and gave the handouts for Gil's class.

"You called him by his first name," Teacher Bou muses. "without the honorific."

The brown-headed girl stares into her teacher's blue orbs before her cheeks start to turn pink. Then, steam comes out from her head. "I, uh, I didn't mean to call him that way! I-It just came out so naturally, like, like...!"

Teacher Bou laughs while patting her student's shoulder. "How cute! I can totally see why Gil loves you!"

"H-Huh? D-Did G-Gil...say anything?" Hinako blinks her eyes multiple times.

"Of course!" She grins. "And I want to say that I'm happy for the two of you," and a warm smile spreads on Teacher Bou's lips. "Thank you for reaching out to him, Suzuhana-san."

"S-Sensei?" Hinako was surprised to see her teacher smile like that, as if she is grateful for something.

"Anyway, I'll be counting on you to give these to Gil-kun! Himeji-san is currently absent and I can't bother Densetsu-san because she's preparing for college," she immediately changes the subject.

"Himeji-senpai...is absent today?" Hinako was bothered.

"Not just today. She was also absent last Saturday, saying that she's not feeling well," Teacher Bou sighs a little. "I do hope that she recovers soon and that she'd be able to take the exams."

"What set you and I apart?!"

Hinako slowly walks towards Gil's classroom. The memory of last Friday replays inside her mind, seeing a crying Mabu was quite a shock to her.

"No matter how many times I tried, I still got rejected by him."

'Did Himeji-senpai refrain from going to school because of what happened?' Hinako thought. 'Or maybe she really is sick. Somehow, I'm worried for her. Even though she has done wrong to me many times in the past, I never held it against her. Himeji-senpai was just...lost in love."

Hinako saw the nameplate for Class 2-A on top of one of the doors. Before she knocks, she took a quick peek into one of the door's glass window. Inside the classroom, the students were seated properly, their Classic Literature book out on their desk, and their eyes focused at the front. It confused Hinako greatly, knowing that Teacher Mudo took a half-day to be with his pregnant wife yet everyone's attention was directed to the board.

Hinako moves a little to see who was in front of the class and much to her surprise, it was Gil with a chalk on his right hand and a book on his left. He was seriously teaching his classmates in place of Teacher Mudo. It was quite unusual for him to be this open and thoughtful towards others but it made Hinako smile, seeing as how he got over his prideful attitude and welcomed people into his life.

Knock! Knock!

Everyone in Class 2-A's attention was diverted to the North door of the classroom. After a few seconds, the door opens and came in Hinako. Gil was surprised, feeling vulnerable and for letting himself be seen by Hinako like that. It was embarrassing for him.

"Good afternoon, Gil-senpai," Hinako bows. "Mushajou-sensei told me to give these to you. These are the handouts Aiten-sensei were supposed to give to your class."

Hinako handed over the handouts with a smile. It wasn't visible but Gil was seriously blushing right now. He can't contain his happiness and embarrassment much longer.

"Thank you, Hinako."

The whole class went dead silent, seeing as how Gil addressed his underclassman without honorifics. Some of them even have a wide grin under their faces, thinking what they were thinking.

Gil faked-cough and fixed his collar. "I mean, thank you, Suzuhana-san. We needed these."

"You're welcome, Gil-senpai. Then, I shall be returning to my classroom now," Hinako bows again before leaving.

When the door to Class 2-A's classroom closed and Hinako wasn't around anymore, an uproar suddenly erupts from one of the students.

"What is the meaning of this, Douji-san?! Did you really address the first year's representative that way?" One asks.

"That's the first time we heard you address someone lower in year than you. Is there something going on between you two?!" Another asks.

"That is extremely rare, Douji-san! Since when did you become so soft?!"

Gil's right eye twitches in annoyance. The chalk that he held in his right hand broke into four pieces after being held tightly by his grip. An anime vein throbs on his left cheek and a firey aura erupted from behind.

"You mongrels..." Gil took one step down. "We don't have time for this! If you all want to chitter-chatter, then this is your time to leave the classroom!"

Outside of the classroom, Hinako places a hand over her mouth, stifling her laugh. She's happy that Gil is interacting with his classmates that way, something that she really doesn't often see.

"GATE OF BABYLON!!!" (He didn't really say that, LOL.)

March 6, 2017 - After School

The school bell has rung and the students of Homurahara Gakuen starts to go home, one-by-one. Gil fixes his books neatly and placed them under his desk before heading out of the classroom. On his way down, his classmates that passed by him gave him their thanks for helping them out to study. In his heart, he was happy to be of help.

"I welcomed the change! She needs me, all right? That's my explanation!"

Gil remembers the day when he told Mabu that he welcomed the change to his life. If it wasn't for Hinako and her entering into his life, he wouldn't have been able to feel such content and happiness like this. He likes it than the prideful attitude he had as "self-defense".

"Thank you for your hard work," Gil looks up at her. "Gil."

"I was really surprised to see you teach your classmates in place of Aiten-sensei," Hinako said, holding a cup of hot chocolate in her hands.

"They were all whining on how they find the exam difficult when it hasn't even started yet," Gil said, taking a sip of his coffee. "I had to shut them up somehow."

Hinako nudges Gil's arm with her elbow, earning his annoyed expression. "There you go again with your attitude. Seriously, you should lighten up, all right?"

"That was unnecessary, Hinako," Gil grabs Hinako's head.

Hinako held Gil's hand with her free hand. "I-It was necessary! I had to do that!"

"You didn't have to do that," Gil said, releasing his hand from Hinako's head. "That's the way I talk. You should know that better than anyone else. After all, I did ram a shinai onto your head."

"That was in the past, senpai!"

And he still laughs 

Hinako and Gil took a stroll by the riverbank near Big Bridge. It was their usual strolling place whenever they have free time. Well, the final exams start tomorrow so there's not really enough free time but they took this opportunity to relax and be together.

Gil, then, remembers the day when he told Hinako that she can resign after the elections are done. Her hurt expression puzzled him so much and he hasn't heard of Hinako's reason then. Somewhere in his words hurt her but he doesn't know what it was.

"Hinako," Gil took a big step forward, blocking Hinako's way, and looked at her with worried eyes. "let me ask you something."

"W-What is it?" She was worried.

"Back then, when I told you that you can resign after the elections, why did you look so hurt?"

Hinako's eyes widen, staring straight into Gil's crimson orbs. After a few seconds, she lowers her head and looks at the ground with a pained smile.

"Hinako, please look at me," Gil places his hands over her cheeks, wanting for her to meet his eyes once more. "I was confused after you left. You never told me the reason why. We can't act like nothing's wrong, especially me when I know that you're hurting."

Hinako abruptly lifts her head to look back at Gil. She blinks a few times, biting her lower lip, thinking of the reason why. She hasn't found the answer to her question yet. Why was she hurt when Gil said that? If his intention was for her to have less stress, then she shouldn't be so upset about it. If that wasn't the reason, then what else? What else is there for her to be upset about?

Looking deeply into his eyes made her find the answer. It became clear that because of it, she wanted to slap herself for being so greedy. The reason why she was upset was because...

"I want to be by your side always, Gil," Hinako said in a heart-felt manner. "Always!"

Gil's mouth gapes open, a little confused as to Hinako's answer. He needed to know more about her reason, though, for it was quite vague.

"But I am always by your side, Hinako," Gil replies, furrowing his brown in confusion.

"No, that's not it," Hinako looks down again and clenches her hand. "I... I feel so bad about this. I kind of hate it. I never felt this way before. I thought that having feelings for you is simple but in the end, it's not. I really feel bad about thinking things like this."

Gil shook his head. "I'm not getting it. What are you trying to say, Hinako?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I...!"

With only a few people around the area, Hinako, with feelings that she has never felt before, took the initiative to put her hands on Gil's cheeks and pushes herself towards him, giving him a kiss on the lips. Gil's eyes widen, frozen in his spot. His heart was about to burst at the sudden movement Hinako made to him.

To be continued: (Winter) Chapter 48

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 165 6
I'd never imagined myself to get another chance at life. Especially as an adult living as a young child again. I wasn't sure if I liked this developm...
592K 36K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
202K 6.1K 28
A normal girl dies due to Truck-sama, and gets reincarnated into the Classroom Of The Elite universe. Unfortunately, she is born as a subject in the...
12.1K 416 8
Ayumi Suzuki is your normal Highschool Girl .. well she is blind and because of that she bacame a shut in , she couldn't talk about new series , anim...