❦ Ever So Graceful ༻ SatoSere

By Squuishyy

Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depre... More

❦ Preview & Information
❦ Prologue
❦01.
❦02.
❦04.
❦05.
❦06.
❦07.
❦08.
❦09.
❦10.
❦11.
❦12.
❦Christmas Special❦
❦13.
❦14.
❦15.
❦16.
❦17.
❦18.

❦03.

4.5K 116 136
By Squuishyy

❝Part of me wants to die tonight.
Part of me wants it to be an accident.
And part of me wants someone to notice and save me.❞

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

It took me a while to figure out how to put on the tuxedo correctly, let alone how to put on the tie.

After nearly an hour and a half of messing with my tie, I was correctly dressed to attend the party.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate wearing suits? They feel so formal that I want to vomit.

I didn't bother to comb my hair because I already like my raven-hair the way it is.

I pull out my phone to check the time to see that I am right on schedule.

It is currently 4:32 in the afternoon and the party begins at 6:30.

I have almost two hours to get to the palace.

More than enough time, of course.

I'll probably have an extra hour to fiddle with my thumbs while I wait for the party to begin.

Not like I'll be socializing at the party, I'll probably just end up being bored and leave after the Kalos Queen gives us her formal welcome to the university.

I organize my belongings and head out of the dorm building.

Luckily, there was already a tram at the station, and I quickly hop on before it leaves.

The tram was empty.

But what do you expect when you're two hours
early?

The tram ride was fast, as usual.

Nothing out of the world happened here.

Of course, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

My life has always been like this.

Never changing.

A monotone hue that blankets the world.

A life without color.

A life without joy.

The tram reaches the palace gardens shortly after its departure.

I could already see a few students standing around the garden, admiring the flowers and snapping pictures of them simultaneously.

I simply walk past them, ignoring the flowers in bloom.

My world is in black and white.

I push open the doors and enter the palace without a second thought.

I take a seat on a bench in the corner of the ballroom.

And wait.

A bell snaps me out my thoughts.

Has it already been an hour?

I stand and see dozens of students gather up around the main staircase in the room.

I stay standing in the corner of the room, not wanting to be noticed.

After a moment, I see a woman in a purple dress approach the top of the stairs, accompanied by two identical men of which I assume are her guards.

The Kalos Queen walks up to a podium at the top of the stairs and begins to speak into a microphone.

"Good evening! I am Grace Yvonne, the Kalos Queen, and am honored to stand before you on this joyful day."

Joyful?

"I humbly welcome you all to my home and wish you all to have a great time! Now, before we begin, I would like to introduce my daughter, as she will be studying at the university as well. This is my daughter, Serena!"

She steps back and a girl wearing a red dress along with a red ribbon tied to her honey-blonde hair walks up the podium and takes a bow,

Strange...She looks familiar...

She glances around the room as if she was looking for someone, and her eyes move across the room until our eyes meet.

She gives me a smile.

That's when everything clicked inside my head.

Her long waves of honey-blonde hair.

Her sparkling cerulean blue eyes.

Her bright smile.

My roommate is the daughter of Grace Yvonne, the Kalos Queen.

My roommate is Serena Yvonne, Princess of the Kalos region.

I give her a half-hearted smile and she looks back towards the crowd of students.

Hmph. And I thought I was a good liar.

She opens her mouth to speak.

"I am thankful to be here today and to study along with all of you at the University of Kalos. I can not wait to become great friends with all of you in the future!" She once again glances over to my corner of the room, to see me looking off into the distance.

I see a small frown grow on her face in the corner of my eye. She quickly moves her head back the group of students before her.

"But for now, I hope you enjoy the party." She slowly gives a parting bow and is met with a large applause.

Not long after, they decide to turn on music and dim the lights for the students to dance.

I sink down to the bench and watch the students dance and enjoy themselves.

Not long after, all of the attention in the room was brought to the center, where the Princess was dancing ever so gracefully.

I could see some boys gawking at her, and chuckled at the thought of them dating the Princess.

Who stands a chance at being in a relationship with royalty?

Her dancing mesmerizes me for a moment before the music comes to a halt and the lights brighten up again.

She gives a bow and leaves the ballroom.

Not long after, I leave the palace, knowing that there is no purpose for my presence there.

I don't belong anywhere.

I exit the palace and take a breath of the chilly but refreshing evening air.

Would anyone care if I just...disappeared?

I take a right around the corner towards the station and take a tram ride back to the dorms.

The university at night seems colorless to me like it is during the day, but it would probably look beautiful to those who can see color, unlike myself.

The world is black and white.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

I see a knoll on the opposite side of the campus and head over to it.

A cherry blossom tree sat on top.

Seems like a perfect spot to sit alone.

But the shadow of a person leaning against the tree caught my attention.

I was going to turn around and start walking back towards the dorm building until they spoke up.

"Night's still young. Why won't you stay here with me for a little longer, Ash?" she said, turning her head towards me with a smile.

I walk towards her and give her a small bow and greet her sarcastically.

"As you wish, your majesty."

She giggles.

"You don't have to treat me like that. I just want to be treated just like any other person." Serena says, her cerulean eyes sparkling in the moonlight as she gazes up at the night sky.

"Why did you lie to me?" I ask, and she stays silent for a while.

"Well, I...I had to keep my identity a secret for at least a little bit, you know, for my safety."

I nod to give her the idea that I understood what she meant.

"Then why are you talking to me without security?"

She chuckles.

"Security doesn't have to follow me everywhere, along with the fact I trust you, Ash."

She trusts me?

"So, why leave the party so early?" she asks, still gazing at the stars.

I hesitate to respond but decide that there's no point in holding back.

"I don't belong anywhere."

My response surprises her and she immediately looks at me.

"What do you mean? You belong home, with both of your parents."

I shake my head.

"I don't have parents. My father left me when I was only a baby, and my mother left home a few years ago to work across the country. She never came back..."

"Oh..." she says, looking down slightly.

After a while of silence, she turns her head back to me again.

"So uh...Ash, do you have any goals for the future? Any dreams you want to accomplish?"

Dreams?

Never had 'em.

"I don't have dreams, never had one, never will," I say, looking at my reflection in the lake.

"Everyone has dreams, Ash. If you have a dream you want to come true, then chase it. Make it real, and never let go of it."

I shift my glance from my reflection in the water and towards her sparkling cerulean blue eyes.

The world must be so colorful for her.

Unlike mine.

Just monotone.

Colors of black and white crashing upon each other like raging waves of the sea during a heavy storm, drowning away the surviving colors as the midnight tide pulls back, washing away the remaining dreams of my life like the seashells on the pale beach sand.

My thoughts are broken dreams, crushed like an ant under a farmer's boot on a hot summer day.

Welcome to my life.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴇɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Author's Note

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Hello my fellow Readers 👋
Just to let you all know, I'm actually pretty surprisingly busy right now, so further publishing may be delayed. I can't control my schedule, so I apologize for that. Anyways, I'm just ranting 😅
Have a good one!

- Squash

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 371 11
Ash Ketchum is a man of his word. Ever since he left on his journey, he's been keeping every single promise he's made. Once, he made promises to all...
143K 4.2K 51
Serena is a 17 year old girl that has been forced by her mother to go to summer camp. This usually would be ok for any normal person but Serena is di...
28.7K 740 33
Ash is a 15-year-old trainer who is traveling back to Kanto after winning Kalos league he is accompanied by his traveling companion Serena a 15-year...
489K 9.2K 35
Serena Yvonne is just a normal, average girl attending Silverleaf High School. With best friends, enemies, drama and boys, Serena is pretty much livi...