Mannat: Siddreem|Sumisha|Rosa...

By fanficbolly

Guns and girls: this book is filled with crimes, one after the other, times of depression, investigation, rom... More

~part 1~
~part 2~
~part 3~
~part 4~
~part 5~
~part 6~
~part 7~
~part 8~
~part 9~
~part 10~
~part 11~
~part 12~
~part 13~
~part 14~
~part 15~
~part 16~
~part 17~
~part 18~
~part 19~
~part 20~
~part 21~
~part 22~
~part 23~
~part 24~
~part 25~
~part 26~
~part 27~
~part 28~
~part 29~
~part 30~
~part 32~
~part 33~
~part 34~
|~Author's note~|

~part 31~

262 27 3
By fanficbolly

A year later.....

"Good morning ma'am."

"Good morning..." I replied sleepily.

"After a year of investigating, we think we may have found some proof against Mr Siddharth Nigam who was allegedly convicted of the murder of Miss Jannat Zubair."

I straightened up immediately as I heard my colleague.

"Alright. Where do you want me to come?"

"Well, we want a quick discussion about a plan we are forming to fully get to the depths of this case. Faisal Sir will be at your house with a few other members to discuss if you don't mind."

"No, not at all. Please tell them to come immediately."

💓

"What! No!?" I cried in exasperation as I heard Faisal's plan.

"Faisal, this plan is like a child's play. You can't possibly be serious?!"

He sighed. "I knew she would react somewhat like this." He whispered to his henchman.

"Right - listen. This is the only option we have. He trusts you and I know you had feelings for him at one point. I know you did because he told me himself. I want you to take advantage of his trust."

"He's too smart."

"Now you're acting like a child. Until we don't discover further proof, it is good to get this back up plan going. Please try to understand."

"Whatever - I just know that this isn't going to be easy. I have to do so many things to - to gain his trust." I looked away and thought of the future.

"Just give him a few kisses and excitement and he'll give you all the information you need!" Faisal's henchman said excitedly.

I looked at him in disgust.

"Run along, Dev." Faisal ordered him.

"What was that all about?" I asked Faisal doubtedly.

"He has a point, you know. And you are good friends with him, so close to being in a relationship."

"A cop and a thief don't make a good couple, Faisal. Surely you know that."

"A cop and a thief is just a perspective. Change it. Change your mind and carry out the task. Be a thief of his mind. Steal the information from him, for all you know - you don't know the outcome."

"Neither do you." I said adamantly, folding my arms around my chest.

"But my perspective hasn't changed." He replied quickly.

"What's up with this 'perspective'? All you're talking about is perspective and yet you fail to see my perspective." I was slowly losing it.

"I feel you. I know how you must be thinking to act all fake and as if you're in love with him but - this is politics. And for politics, one must lose something and gain something."

I looked down at the floor stubbornly.

"Look at me." He lifted my chin gently.

"I know you're a good actor. I've seen you in school productions." He laughed.

"I just hope the movie's good." I said, shivering with nerves.

"It will be." He winked and gave me a squeeze on the hand.

💓

"Sidd?" I phoned him.

"Hello? Reem?! After so long?" His cracked voice sounded.

I was disgusted by his voice. Oh well - acting as Faisal mentioned.

"I - I'm so sorry about that time last year when...." I trailed off.

"Oh, just forget about it. I didn't take it too seriously because I knew you would understand somewhere down the line."

"Don't worry. Err - I want to... meet you today?"

"Today?" He hesitated.

"Why, is it difficult today?" I sounded disappointed.

"I don't th..."

"I'm not free any other days." I said quickly.

"Alright. See you." He sighed and hung up.

Great. One step was successful - but I wondered why he hesitated so much on meeting me today. Did he have any other plans?

"Hello, Faisal? Yeah - he said he can meet me today. No, don't send any under cover agents. Actually - if you don't mind sending me Dev. Maybe his clumsiness mind come in handy." I hung up with a wholehearted laugh.

💓

As I waited patiently in Costa, the familiar face was spotted by my roaming eyes which rested on every person as they walked in through that door.

I stood up in shock.

My eyes quivered slightly at the sight of him and I felt an awkward smile drawing up on my face, although I tried not to make it look goofy or proud.

I forced myself to keep the act low, however it needed to be effective.

He clasped his hands around my face, and although his touch made me feel nervous and cringey, it also made my ice-cold cheek warm to my surprise.

I slipped into his arms and I felt his hands linger around before they rested on my back. He looked rather taken aback, but enjoyed it.

"So... why did you want to meet me?"

"Why, do I need a reason to meet my b...." I stopped abruptly.

"Friend." He finished off for me.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Just. Friend."

He looked like he wanted more. "If you say so." He winked.

I smiled as sweetly as I could and gave him a dreamy look.

"Sit down." I offered him. He sat down reluctantly and looked around, resting his face on his hands from his elbows.

"So - how's life?" He asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Are you serious!?" I chuckled. "You meet me after so much time and that's what you ask me?" I grin willingly.

"Well we need to start somewhere."

My smile started lessening. "Yeah - we do."

He clicked his two fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh - sorry. Kind of got into a trance. Hehe." I laughed weakly.

After our drinks, we sat there laughing about moments we'd missed in the last year. During all this, I felt a genuine happiness in him, and I yearned to tell him that this was a plan but my consciousness told me otherwise. He was a murderer and will always stay a murderer in my eyes.

"There's not really - much to do here, is there?" I looked at him deeply. He looked up at me at my fixed gaze and smirked.

"Why don't you come home?"

"What's at home?" He laughed uneasily.

I looked at him in shock, pretending to show that I didn't understand his surprised thoughts.

"Well what do you think? My living room, my kitchen, my drawing room, my - bedroom...." I trailed off, watching his eyes rest on different objects on the table.

"Right. Let's go." He nodded willingly and I smiled, wrapping my arm around his as we walked out, to which he appeared shocked but happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 176 10
𝙰 π™·πš˜πš˜πš π™»πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš‚πš‘πš˜πš›πš πš‚πšπš˜πš›πš’( ˘ ³˘)β™₯︎
6 0 12
What happens when a doctor and a criminal fall in love?
HE By Blankvoicess

Mystery / Thriller

42 8 7
Breathtaking crime thriller series with female lead characters in the world which is created by HE. Grab a coffee and have an amazing read buddies.
2.8M 106K 36
Read to find out. ❀️