Coming Home (A Klaus Mikaelso...

由 Jennifer_Bird

When Jennifer Fell gets the worst news of her life, she is faced with a decision. Can she stay in Mystic Fall... 更多

Prologue
1. Coming Home
2. Old and New Friends
3. Saying Goodbye
4. Happy Birthday to Me
5. Do I Believe in What?
6. The Council
7. Questions Answered
8. Familiar Handwriting
9. What Really Happened?
10. Damsel in Distress
11. Body Cleanup
12. Elena Comes Clean
13. Pool and Booze
14. Just One Night
15. Careful What you Wish For
16. The Truth Will Kill Me
17. How Did I Get Here?
18. Let me Sleep
19. Dead or Un-Dead?
20. Un-Compelled
21. Re-Born
22. Have a Heart... or Two
23. What's the Worst that can Happen?
24. Damon's Fault
25. Third Time the Charm
26. I'm Finally Home
27. Goodbye to the Pain
28. Social Experiment
29. Good Acting or Gullible Friends
31. Sister's Forever
32. Anger and Lust
33. The Same Chance
34. Judgy Little Witch
AUTHORS NOTE - NOT A CHAPTER
35. Not a Care in the World
36. Stupid Hybrid
37. Too Late
38. One Friend Left?
39. Hearts All Around
40. Waiting
41. The End of War
AUTHORS FINAL NOTE!!!!
Authors Note - Sequel

30. Nice Try Klaus!

15.5K 437 35
由 Jennifer_Bird

I awoke to raised voices. I had to blink several times before everything came back to me. I sat up in the bed and noticed Caroline wasn't there.

I followed the agitated voices into the kitchen, everybody went quiet at the sight of me. Without saying a word I walked past them to the kettle. I didn't care if the cabin was on fire, I needed my coffee before having to play nice with this lot.

When the coffee was made and I had taken the first mouthful, I savoured it. It felt like forever since I last drank some.

Now I faced them, "What's going on?" I asked, drinking the coffee.

They all looked concerned... or was it worried? I was about to say 'Fine, don't tell me' but remembered I'm supposed to care about this crap. I mirrored the looks they wore, "Seriously, what's going on?"

Elena stepped closer to me, "Jennifer," her voice was cautious as she spoke, "it's about the council."

She trailed off as she looked to the rest hoping they would explain. Damon let out an exasperated sigh and picked up where Elena left off.

"Somebody took out the council last night. They're all dead. We can't be sure but we think it was a vampire."

I made my hand fly up to cover my mouth as I gasped. I turned to Caroline,

"What about your mother?" I asked. I could see the mixture of relief and guilt wash over her face. Relief her mother was alive and guilt over that relief as the others were dead.

"My mom is fine, so is Ty's mom." She told me.

Now they all looked to me again, Elena was speaking again. "We're worried about you. Someone is going after council members. The sheriff and mayor are safe in Caroline's house for now. Vampire's won't be able to get them without being invited in, and that's not going to happen."

I had to turn to pour more coffee into my mug. Safe from all vampire's except the very one that was a lifelong friend of Barbie. The one vampire that can get in just happens to be the one with the plan to kill them all.

I wonder if it would be too obvious if I were to suddenly start rubbing my hands together in a diabolical way while shouting Mwahahahaha in a menacing and evil tone.

I had to wipe the smirk from my face before turning back to them. "So what, someone is going to try and kill me as well?"

Caroline was by my side in a flash. "I will not let anybody hurt you ever again."

The conviction in her voice was so strong I was honestly surprised, she sounded so... sincere. I opened my mouth to speak when my extra hearing picked up footsteps approaching the cabin. Caroline, Damon and Stefan heard them too but before anyone had a chance to say anything there was a knock on the door. Everybody's head swung to face it, but it was Jeremy that actually pulled it open.

 Klaus stood there, his eyes quickly scanned the room until they landed on me. Oh he did not look happy... although he did look hot. I wonder if he would be up for... I shook my head as I realised that Jeremy was speaking.

"What the hell do you want Klaus? You're not getting near my sister." Aw, how cute, baby brother sticking up for Elena. Klaus ignored him, still looking at me,

"Don't tell me they haven't figured it out yet?" he asked. Only I knew what he was talking about. He did seem puzzled by the fact that they didn't realise I had turned it off. I took a few steps closer to the door, but not too close.

"You need to leave Klaus. I may not be able to help them against you, but that doesn't mean we're going to let you just take our friend. Especially after all you've done." My voice was low as I spoke.

Klaus growled and tried to step into the cabin but was stopped by the fact that he wasn't invited. Damon was the closest to me so I grabbed his arm when Klaus moved. Double bonus, they would think I was afraid of Klaus which of course I wasn't... couldn't care either way, and secondly by grabbing Damon out of everybody here would just piss Klaus off the most.

It worked, Klaus growled again and Damon pulled me behind him in a protective way. Klaus had enough of all of this. He finally turned his attention to the others,

"You do realise you're in more danger with her in there then you would be out here with me, right? She'll kill you all in your sleep and not give a rat's ass." He shouted... well someone woke up on the wrong side of the coffin.

"Yeah right," Damon shouted back at him, "Are you forgetting I was there, being tortured. When she tried to save me and you attacked her, threatening to turn us against her. We all saw what you did to her so this plan of yours won't work... you might as well leave."

Klaus actually looked lost for words. He stood there for a few seconds just staring at Damon before he found his voice again, "Attacked... what are you... I wouldn't..." his voice trailed off as he looked at me again, the pieces clicking together in his head. I couldn't help it, I smiled and winked at him from behind Damon's back knowing no one else could see me as they were all focused on him. I mouthed the words 'nice try' at him.

His eyes narrowed and I quickly went back to looking scared as Bonnie, quiet as ever swung her gaze to me. Yup, she was defiantly starting to figure things out. I was going to have to make my move as soon as possible.

Also the sooner I got my little revenge plan done I could get on with living my life... or living my death. I wonder what the actual term was.

Klaus started laughing which made everybody look at each other, worried expressions on their faces. I furrowed my brow at him in confusion, what the hell did he have to be so happy about.

"Well," he said, his laughter dying down, "This is going to be good to watch... just don't say I didn't warn you." And with that he turned and ran off.

Damon turned to face, his hands on my shoulders, "Are you ok?" he asked.

I nodded up at him, I wasn't really focused on what he was saying. I was just thinking that the night we hooked up had been pretty good and maybe I could get another one night in there before I killed him. Oh shit, he was looking at me expectantly, what had he asked?

I just took a step back, when in doubt play the girl card. "Thank you for sticking up for me. I'm just afraid of what he'll do to me for choosing you over him..." at his startled expression I quickly added... "Oh I mean... I mean choosing all of you of course..." and lowered my eyes.

I felt his arms engulf me in a big hug, hah... too easy. I pulled out of the hug, "I'm just gonna go get dressed." I told him, he nodded down at me, a big smile on his face.

I made it back to the guest room where my bag was and pulled out some black jeans and a white vest top. I quickly got changed and pulled on my runners. I pulled Elena's phone and pushed it into my back pocket. Right, now how was I going to pull this next part off?

Just as I was coming up with this big complicated plan the bedroom door opened and Elena walked in, pulling the door closed behind her. Well she was making this easier... awful nice of her. she sat on the bed and I sat beside her.

"Are you ok?" she asked, "I know your relationship with Klaus is... complicated."

"I don't want to think about that right now 'Lena." I replied using her childhood pet name. "I'm just upset about something else."

"What is it? is it something I can help with?" the ever helpful doppelganger asked.

"Well... it's just. I know I'll be stuck here for a while, with the whole council thing happening. I'm fine with that really... it's just, If I had known..." crap, what would be important enough for me to want to leave... oh right. "If I had known I would have brought my photo album with me. I mean I know it's nothing important to anyone here, but it has all the happy memories of when my parents were still alive and with me... I know that's stupid."

If anyone with understand something like that it would be Elena. She was all about family and memories and blah blah blah. I mean I could just grab her and run, but she would scream and I couldn't take on both the Salvatore's and Caroline at the same time. I needed her to come with me quietly.

Elena was nodding at me, her voice hushed now. "It's not stupid Jennifer. Look, why don't we go get it now."

I shook my head at her, "The others wouldn't let me leave, not if it put YOU in danger."

I chose my words wisely, Elena hated that the brothers always told her what to do, all in the name of keeping her safe. A determined look covered her face as she stood up, still whispering.

"Screw them. This is nothing to do with them, come on. We'll sneak out the window here. Be back before they know we're gone."

I stood up, looking from the window to her, as if I was contemplating the idea. I quickly returned her grin and we made our way out the window.

3rd POV

Bonnie knew something was wrong. Ever since Jennifer had come back to the cabin something was off about her. she just couldn't put her finger on it. Then when Klaus had shown up, those things he had said about the group not knowing it yet. The look of confusion he had given Jennifer when Damon accused him of hurting her. After Klaus left Bonnie had grabbed her Grimoire from her bag and started pouring over it. She quickly found an easy spell to perform. It would reveal someone's hidden feelings and emotions. A way of letting you know if someone means you harm.

She grabbed her bag and Grimoire and ran to the bathroom locking the door behind her. She pulled out five candles and placed them in a circle around herself. She sat in the middle and began the spell.

Ten minutes later Bonnie came rushing out of the bathroom shouting, grabbing everybody's attention.

"She turned them off... She flipped the switch..." she shouted.

Stefan was in front of her in an instant, he grabbed her arms. "What are you talking about Bonnie? Who turned what off?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"Since Jennifer came back," Bonnie started to explain, "I knew something was wrong. I found a spell that would open a person's feeling and emotions to me. When I did it for Jennifer... it was... it was so cold. There was nothing there. No hate, no love, no pain... no nothing. She feels nothing."

Horrified expressions fell on every face except Caroline. Her face showed worry for her friend. Matt's voice broke the tension.

"Eh... where's Jenni and Elena?" he asked.

Damon flashed to the guest room, he had seen Elena go in to check on Jennifer, and flung the door open. He looked on in horror at the empty room with the window open. He slowly turned to the group,

"They're gone." 

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

212K 5K 51
[Second Book to The Unveiling Truth] For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses h...
187K 7.6K 29
Spencer Stilinski. She's back in Mystic Falls. Both Klaus and her are slowly coming to terms with their feelings. And with her friends trying to ki...
4.5K 92 16
Klaus and Caroline. Klaroline if you will. Caroline had everything she wanted. Or at least she thought she did. A few years had passed since Klaus l...