Sweetest Devotion

By adeleskids

Do you think Adele and Simons love life is always perfect? Well, you're wrong. Simon and Adele go through tr... More

One and Only
I Miss You
Rolling In The Deep
Crazy For You
Don't You Remember
I Found A Boy
Tired
She Won't Go
Take It All
Melt My Heart To Stone
Turning Tables
If It Haven't Been For Love
Daydreamer
Make You Feel My Love
Can't Let Go
All I Ask
Right As Rain
Best For Last
Lovesong
Someone Like You
My Same
Love in the Dark
Rumor Has It
Million Years Ago
Water Under The Bridge
Hometown Glory
I'll Be Waiting
River Lea
Set Fire to the Rain
Many Shades of Black
Lay Me Down
First Love
Send My Love
You'll Never See Me Again
Never Gonna Leave You
Remedy
When We Were Young
Forever And A Day
Saviour
Why Do You Love Me
Sweetest Devotion

Skyfall

303 24 1
By adeleskids

Adeles POV

"Oi Simon I wasn't wrong so ha!" I yell.

"Wait a second. How is one-half of it blue, and the other half, pink?" Daniel confusingly asks.

"Yeah," Laura looks down at her piece, "Mines pink too!"

Simon and I both look at each other shocked. 

He quickly sets down his cake and starts cutting what was left of the other side. 

His hands are shaking as he throws down the knife. Each slice was pink.

We all stand there shocked, staring at the cake then to one another everyone's eyes eventually trail over to me.

 Angelo runs up and tugs on my shirt, "Mummy what does that mean?"

I didn't even realise he was talking to me until he repeats his question again. 

Looking down at him I smile, shocked at what I'm seeing I don't answer him.

 I race up to Simon, "Babe! Do you know what this means? We. Are. Having. Twins." I scream wrapping my arms around Simon squeezing him. 

He just stands there frozen, not embracing me in the hug. 

Perplexed I lean away, "Simon, what's wrong."

He seems to be staring off into space, not making eye contact nor moving. 

Daniel walks up to him, "Man you alright?" He asks hitting Simon in the arm.

Simon shakes to the touch, "What? Uh, um yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," He says looking around. 

He makes eye contact with me and looks downs at my stomach. 

Simon looks like he wants to say something, but nothing comes out of his mouth. 

His head starts to shake, "What? What just happened?"

Laura yells, "Simon your having twins! Again!" She starts running around the house accompanied by Angelo. They both are excitingly screaming and yelling.

I look into his bright blue eyes, looking darker than usual. 

Somethings not right. I can see it in the way his eyes turn darker, and when he looks away to talk. 

I'm scared I know exactly what's bothering him, "Are you, okay honey?"

He leans back resting his back on the corner of the counter. He brings his hands to his eyes, rubbing them. Shaking his head he whispers, "Twins? Twins? Really, twins?" He looks up into my eyes taking my hand, "No! No, this has to be a mistake honey, we can't have twins, again."

My mum looks at me, her face becomes down. 

She can tell Simon is not gonna take this well. 

Ashlyn and Anika both sit on their stools that are around the table. They both stare at the cake shocked, speechless. 

Angelo and Laura stop running around the house hearing Simon talk.

 A lump starts to form in my throat, knowing that Simon didn't like what was happening.

I squeeze Simons hand, "Babe, it's not a mistake. We can have twins, we've done it before." I say looking at Anika and Ashlyn. He looks down resting his eyes to the floor.

His face becomes reddish, "Exactly we've done it before, and we know how stressful it is. And five children Adele! Five! We can't have five chil-"

I lift Simons head to make eye contact, "Hey babe. We can do this, let's not yell about this right now, okay."

He moves his mouth to speak but before he does I put my finger to his lips. 

Slowly he closes his mouth, calming a little. 

He nods his head in agreement then moves out of my way, and makes his way to the dining room. 

I watch as he sits down and starts rubbing his face stressfully. I let out a sigh as my mum walks up to me and gives me a hug.

"You weren't expecting this were you?"

"No," I break down starting to cry, Laura takes Anika, Ashlyn, and Angelo to the playroom knowing watching Simon and I stress out isn't the best thing.

"Sh sh sh, it's okay Adele," she comfortingly says rubbing my back. I bury my head into her shoulder crying even harder.

Daniel slowly walks over to the dinner table to where Simon is. He sits down next to him and stares at him.

Simons POV

I feel the sense of someone walking in the room, sitting next to me. Looking up to see Daniel staring sadly at me.

"Hey man," he says breaking the silence. I rest my hands back to my head trying to take in what just happened.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but you'll get over it soon. Five children are gonna be a big responsibility man. I have no idea how you're going to do i-," he stops at I look up at him," Oh um, sorry that's not helping is it?" I shake my head.

"I just don't get it. Five children," I pause taking a deep breath, "I told Adele in the first place I didn't want any more children after Angelo. Not only did she get pregnant, and I had to force myself to be okay with it because my girlfriend wanted another kid. I had to be okay with it, I mean I can't leave her after everything. But now we are having not just one, but two more kids." I feel a tear slip from my eye, I never cry in front of anyone but Adele. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay. You're gonna do amazing, I mean you already do and I have no idea how you do it. I mean I don't even have any children I already have my hands full taking care of just Laura,"  he chuckles, " I couldn't manage taking care of Laura, three kids and her being pregnant with two more. You're doing an amazing job, Simon, keep it up. I know you will do just fine."

I look up, "Wow thanks, Dan. That actually meant a lot, I needed to hear that! You really think I can do it?"

He nods, "Of course, I mean you are Adele's partner, aren't you." we both laugh, he leans in giving me a man hug, "Now go back in the kitchen and show her that your okay, she's worried."

I nod walking back into the kitchen. 

Penny and Adele are both hugging and crying, "Can I steal her for a second." I whisper to Penny. 

She nods letting go of Adele, Adele confusingly looks up into my eyes. 

Staring at her for a minute, I pull her into my arms, and she rests her head on my chest. 

I being to rub her hair, "Babe, I'm okay with this, we are going to have twins. Can you believe that! Twins! I can't wait to see them," she looks up at me. 

We stare at each other for a while. I smile continuing, "They are going to look as beautiful as you do, I can see it now."

She gives me a tiny smile and locks eyes with me. "Simon... Are you sure your okay with this."

"Absolutely." This time I feel more confident in my answer. 

I'm going to have 5 beautiful children with the best women on earth.

What more can I ask for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 345 26
S e q u e l // please read sweetest devotion before this, for this book to make more sense x \\ The only reason why I got through everything bad in...
6.6K 555 50
*Part 2 of the Secret series* After overcoming tragedy and bringing their family back together, there's an unexpected twist that causes tension b...
10.5K 609 29
What if Adele's worst nightmare turned into reality? will she be able to wake up from her nightmares? or she'll forever live in the dark? This book i...
29K 1.4K 22
Every couple has their problems right? Their marriage looks picture perfect but is it really?