Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pr...

By JasmineDahlia

Evelyn Pearce has it all. The looks, the friends, the popularity, the personality. She never chose to be popu... More

Chapter 1 - Jerks
Chapter 2 - New Rims
Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes
Chapter 4 - College Party
Chapter 5 - Blue Eyes
Chapter 6 - Gentleman
Chapter 7 - My 'Friend'
Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Like A Zombie
Chapter 11 - Adventures
Chapter 12 - Not Alone
Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting
Chapter 14 - It Will Be You
Chapter 15 - Children At Heart
Chapter 16 - Chinese Food
Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out
Chapter 18 - Positive
Chapter 19 - La La Land
Chapter 20 - Possibilities
Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way
Chapter 22 - Young Man
Chapter 23 - Naughty Children
Chapter 25 - Magic Glow
Chapter 26 - Baby Names
Chapter 27 - Yellow
Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses
Chapter 30 - Avalyn
Chapter 31 - Three
Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing
Chapter 33 - Beach House
Chapter 34 - Whole Again
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box

33.9K 645 39
By JasmineDahlia

Hello, people! Here's a chapter I loved writing and think came out pretty good. Please vote, comment, and fan if you like this. Thanks!

_____________________________________________________________________________

~One Month Later~

It was a lively peach with white shudders. The one story building’s front porch was enhanced with pots of pink and yellow rhododendrons, the driveway with perfectly kept bushes and short palm trees. Our cars were now parked in front a new house. 

I stood with a box of my things in my hands, standing between my mother and boyfriend who also had their hands occupied with a box of items. Looking over at my boyfriend, I saw him smile warmly at me, a twinkle in his brown eyes. Then my gaze turned to my mother who stood appreciating our new home, she looked over at me and smiled gleefully. 

My heart was beating contentedly as my head wrapped carefully around my new home. This was a new start, a fresh place. Somewhere that I can live my life freely and raise my child in. Jacob would be here all the time since he only lived ten or fifteen minutes away and my mother would always be here when I needed her. The few things of my old life that I still cherished and was glad I could keep in my new life, the one I didn’t have to pretend in.

“Let’s go.” I say, smiling at the two people I loved most.

***

My room was painted a pale yellow. The color that streaked the morning sky before most people awoke. It was light and open with white accents and simple white furniture; a queen bed, a desk, a vanity, and a book shelf. The white rug beneath me on the caramel wood floor curled between my toes. I was glad the rest of the house was decorated in the same cool and easy manner as my room. My mom was delighted as well.

All I had to do was put away the things in the boxes and my room would be set. I took some pictures of Erica, Jake, Mom, Dad, and other friends in my hand, ready to put them on the bulletin board I already had hung up but the a small opening of the door made me jump. I turned to look around and see my boyfriend’s body come into view. He looked so... Mmm. A smile came onto my face immediately.They must have finished bringing down the boxes from the cars already since they hadn’t let me take anything down.

“Hey.” I greet, my voice low and soft as I spoke.

“Hi, babe. The house, it’s incredible.” He grins, his tall and tanned body still by the door that was closed beside him.

I shoot him a smile and move towards the wall where the bulletin board was hung.

“I know. I love how cute it is.” I chuckle. “The rooms are light and open and the house is cozy. I love  the front-” Two pairs of arms locked around my waist cut off my words. I looked to my side where the side of Jacob’s face was nuzzled beside mine. My breathing became a little quicker and heartbeat did too. He was so warm and perfect around me.

“Yes?” He whispers, rooting me to go on but the tone of his voice made me lose my train of thought.

“Well. Um. The house is... Perfect.” Was all I could say and his low chuckle cut deep into my stomach.

“I think so too.” Jake whispered and I moved my head a little toward him, wanting to look into his eyes but his lips touched my cheek before I could then suddenly, they touched my neck. Oh my... Not the neck.

My hand immediately went up to his hair where my fingers stroked the brown locks, his lips setting my skin on fire. I tilted my head for him to reach the farthest ends.

Then the tingling sensation on the most sensitive skin I bore disappeared and his hand tilted my face upwards so that I looked into those deep brown eyes of his. His lips bent down to mine and locked mine into a passionate deep kiss that made me body pure liquid. What would I have done if my whole body and being wasn’t being held together by his arms?

“I love you, Evelyn.” He whispered as his lips pulled away slowly from mine.

“I love you too, Jacob.” I gasped, out of breath.

He changed our position, wrapping his arms around my lower back so that we could look straight into each other’s eyes. My arms went to the same position, pulling him close.

“I know our baby will love it.” He whispered, our gaze never parting. His words sent my heart fluttering like never before.

“Yes. He will.” I whisper, not wanting to break the soothing calmness of the atmosphere around us.

“He?” Jake asked, his eyebrows raised and his eyes twinkling with amusement.

“Well, he or she that is.” I chuckled.

“We’ll have to bet on that.” He said, his smile bright and the low chuckle he gave was warm. 

“Alright.” I smile and wink. “I’ve got a mother’s intuition, Jake. Bet you it’s a girl.” I say.

“Mmm. Wrong! It’s a boy.” He smirked and I kissed the little thing off his face, his eyes smiling when I pulled away.

“We’ll see in a month just who’s right.” I challenge, pursing my lips together.

“We will.” He said, putting his hand softly on my still flat tummy. The baby bump wasn’t showing yet but I did get bloated at times.

I put my hand over his and stared into his eyes, his lips showing a small smile. 

“We’ll feel it soon.” He whispered and I could only nod, at a loss for words from how in love I was with every part of him. This new part of him made my heart melt completely; the fatherly part.

“Thank you, Jacob.” I blurted to him. I didn’t care if now wasn’t an appropriate time but I had to thank him for... fixing me.

“For what?” He asked, looking at me with confusion in his eyes. I gave him a soft smile.

“For everything you’ve done to keep me sane. I don’t know where I’d be without you, Jake. If it hadn’t been for having you there by my side then I don’t know what I would’ve done.” His eyes soften and his hand goes to cheek, caressing the skin with his thumb. “I was broken but you put me back together.” I said, my eyes melting with his intense gaze.

“I told you I would, Evelyn. It was all I ever wanted to do. You say I put you back together
now I have to keep you together. I won’t let anything happen to you ever again.” And with his words, I flung myself deeper into his body and laid my head against his chest, his hand held me together.

***

We were all sitting in a small wooden dining table with four chairs for lunch. My mother had put out a tray of grilled cheese sandwiches, Oatmeal Raisin cookies and apple juice for all three of us to eat on the Saturday afternoon.

I took my first bite of the sandwich and heard my mom speak.

“Oh wow. I’m extremely in love with this house right now.” She gushed and Jake and I chuckled at her.

“I love it. Ev does too.” Jake says and gives my a lopsided grin.

“I do. It’s like a mini hotel.” I smile at my mom and she returns the smile. I was glad to see her so happy.

“I know, just the perfect amount of rooms and it has a cute little back yard and everything!” She gulped down some juice. “Why don’t you two go get me the last box in the empty room so I can show you something?” She asked and I furrowed my brows. What could she want to show us?

“Just go, Ev!” She smiled and I shook my head then stood up, Jake did as well and started to walk with me toward the empty room.

The walls were painted white since my mom had told them no coloring would be necessary yet. The floor was the same caramel colored wood that was in every other room. The house was decently sized with two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, and three bedrooms.

I was standing in the room that would be my baby’s in seven months. It wouldn’t be empty or colorless anymore but painted in either pink or blue with baby furniture, toys, and a baby. I must have looked weird while motionlessly standing in the middle of the empty room since Jake came beside me and put his hand to my forearm lightly. 

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” I smiled at Jacob and looked down to see a small cardboard box in his hands that he must have retrieved while I dozed off. 

“Come on. Let’s go see what’s inside.” He smiled dazzlingly and I nodded, encircling my hand around his forearm and walking with him towards my mom who was munching on the cookies. We sat in our places and waited for my mom to swallow a piece of the cookie while we each took our own. They seemed really delicious right now. Cookies were my ultimate craving. I must have one smart baby in there.

“Well, open it!” She said, excited and happy. I looked over at Jacob with a confused face and he shrugged, giving me the box. It weighed nothing! The knife on the table came in handy when I started to tear the clear tape that kept the box closed. My eyebrows furrowed even more when I noticed a small yellow box inside the cardboard one. I picked it up and scrutinized it.

My mother wore an inviting and eager face while Jake simply smiled at me with a twinkle in his eyes. He knew what was in there.

I sighed and opened the little box...

A key. A car key. My mouth came open and I stared at the two people. 

“Wow. You’re kidding me.” I gasp and the two of them start to laugh. I can’t believe they got me a car! I had never asked for one. I had never needed one. But it dawned on me that I’d have to be driving a lot more now so I couldn’t argue with the gesture. A little excitement bubble inside of me and I looked at my erratic and ecstatic mother.

“Come on, let’s go it. It’s at my house.” Jake said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 2.1K 14
Luka is a 21 year old college student and she seems like any other college girl but what no one knows is she has an ability to heal and cure. she doe...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
22.4M 649K 28
One thing I'll always remember is my parents saying "Everyone has a story" "Everyone has a story with a past, tragic or not. Everyone has a story tha...