[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 37

1.7K 53 16
By Panda-Gom

Your eyes flew open and you quickly sat up straight, looking at your surroundings. With a still fast paced heartbeat, you tried to control your heavy breathing and found your eyes stinging with tears, entire body covered in a cold sweat. You sighed in relief, finding that you were in your room at the Strife household, but didn't notice the group of people by the door. Cloud was by your side, and by the way he was positioned, it looked as if he had been holding you.

"You're awake, [Name]!" Roxas sighed in relief, rushing to sit beside Cloud.

"It was only a dream," you mumbled.

"That must have been some dream," Cloud looked at you with worry," we've been trying to wake you up."

"I..." you were at a loss for words, shaking your head. Then, your head snapped up, looking at Roxas. "Y-You called me [Name]!"

"That is your name, you know." Tifa stepped into the room and sat on your other side, pressing her palm to your forehead," Your temperature seems to be fine. You're really sweaty though," she frowned. "Maybe you should go take a shower to cool off."

"N-No you don't understand!" you shook your head furiously. "You all forgot me!"

"Forgot you?" Cloud raised an eyebrow.

"[Name] we would never--"

"But you did!" you nodded hastily, sitting up on your own. "A-And this room: it was destroyed with Hollow Bastion remember!? This is your old house, and this moment... This moment is when I woke up from--"

"[Name], are you feeling okay?" Ven frowned, stepping into the room. "You're acting weird."

"Please!" you almost shrieked. "You have to listen to me I--"

"[Name], look," Tifa took you by the shoulders firmly, gazing at you. "You're fine; you're just dreaming and--"

"I'm dreaming..." you laughed bitterly, shaking as you removed Tifa's hold on you. "I'm just dreaming...still dreaming...a nostalgic dream..."

"Are you...?" Ven began, then shut his mouth, confused.

Sniffling, you smiled up at Tifa," Let me dream a little longer, please?"

"What...do you mean?"

***

"Breaking news this morning, where, at Twilight Town Central's Police station, a press conference has just commenced, led by Chief Vayne Solidor. Reported murderer of the four dismantled bodies in the world's eastern-central district, and apparent--yet unconfirmed--Princess of Edo, Amaya Nochi, has been officially reported missing as of last night, December 21st, when the police report was filed. We now are live at the conference."

Amongst the flashing cameras and hoard of media reporters, Vayne took to the wooden podium in front of him and adjusted the microphone. He was expressionless, and even a bit annoyed, but nevertheless, he had his duties. A silent sigh passed his lips, then he spoke.

"As of nine thirty eight last night, Amaya Nochi was reported missing after a few hours' search for her. In those that followed, our detectives were examining the school where she was last seen, and have had bloodhounds trace her scent to a part of the institution where there was no activity at all. Here, even under the rain, an examination took place, and thanks to the technology of ShinRa, we were able to rule out her disappearance being a runaway."

"This comes only forty eight hours after her arrest and release on the same day," a reporter called. "What do you have to say on that?"

"My arrest on her was on fault of myself, as I acted irrationally, especially with myself not being the lead on the case of the disfigured bodies. In addition, our findings have found traces of Nochi's blood between the cracks of the pavement and the grass near it; distilled from the rain, it nevertheless matches hers."

"What do you suspect happened to her? How are you sure she isn't setting anything up?"

"Her blood had traces of a certain herbal mixture that our scientists have confirmed paralyzes the body through the bloodstream within a small amount. We doubt she would do that to herself and be able to get away. Right now, a kidnapping is suspected."

"What'll happen to Nochi when she returns?"

"That is to be determined as we have yet to find her."

***

GASP.

...Huff, huff, huff...

Fighting to catch your breath, you awoke from your unconscious boundaries, trying to regulate your breathing as your wide eyes met the cemented ground of a dimly lit room. Wheezing, you slumped, but was quickly met with the feeling of strain on your joints, which, sore, made you heavily sigh as you straightened, and additionally learned that you were standing.

'It...really was a dream...'

The sound of raindrops trickled outside like a light stampede, and your slowly relaxed yourself as your ears were filled with the sound of the liquid drumming against sheet metal which was near, yet, so far.

'Where...am I?'

The room, or rather, lobby, of an unknown building had a dusty floor made of dark gray cement. It was unlit, letting the only light come in from the large, high windows along the light beige, deep brown accented walls, and upon the wood planked ceilings that were supported by thick columns of the material, dangling from chains, hung bare, broken shards of light bulbs which were off. To your right, the only entrance or exit stood as a large garage like door.

In the bare room, the ground was patterned with the light of the night coming in either dimply or brightly according to the holes and patterns of the windows. They had debris of wood planks and bricks scattered, as well as loose burlap sacks. By your feet, too, there were chains, and they cascaded over you, around a hook that was supported by a column, which then, upon the hook, the chains that bound your hands rested in place, keeping your shackles from moving. Ankles bound with the same chains, you struggled to move, wiggling back and forth before finally sighing and letting yourself rest with another slump in movement.

The door slowly creaked as it was rolled open then, and you squinted as two figures entered, flashlights in their hands as they shone it upon you, making you curl away and shut your eyes from their burn. Again, the door creaked, this time closed, and the second figure, which, was that of a female, jogged up to the male, who, was now before you, light on the floor and illuminating the area like a little flame.

The male of the two was raven haired--which was spiked back--and brown eyed, maybe in his twenties with a very thin build that was evident through his ensamble of a baggy black shirt and pants that were slightly dampened. The girl wore the same as him, and was silver haired, a beanie upon her head, concealing everything except for the choppy layers of her short bob that peeked out beneath the cloth.

"So hey, what's up?" the male asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Let me go, NOW," you answered, glaring at him.

"She doesn't know who we are!?" the silverette girl gasped, hands over her mouth in angered astonishment.

"Of course not, are you stupid?" the ravenette scoffed, jabbing the side of her head in annoyance. "Her ranking was too high for her to even notice someone like me. But you," he turned to her fully. "You're obviously not important to remember."

"Excuse me!?"

"Now, now, let's not hurt our little partner," an approaching voice called.

The three of you already inside turned to the closing door and a figure in a black hood revealed his face as he came closer. He was blonde, but his features were not that of the person you had chased when you left the auditorium earlier--whenever earlier was--as his eyes were a deep black that had their own shimmer even in the darkness. Jawline accented by his athletic build, he was evidently Caucasian, but his silent footsteps gave away what you were both annoyed of and fearing: he was a shinobi.

As the male matched his ensamble with the other two present, he smirked in amusement and reached a hand over to you, cupping your face fully as he pushed in the flesh of your cheeks in, unwillingly making your mouth puff out an O shape, like that of a fish. You tried to turn away, but all you got in response was his grasp exerting more pressure, which, did not help in your already tight struggle to breathe.

"Now, now, let's not get feisty, I just want to make sure we got the right girl, and by your looks, and...manner, I believe we did. Without further ado then," he stepped away, releasing and leaving you with a tensely sore jaw," let us introduce ourselves."

"My name is Ashley," the girl sneered, stepping up to you and glaring with her icy violet eyes.

Your own gaze narrowed, then widened in vague recognition," You're... You're that girl who hit on Kai at the movie theater!"

"Damn right I'm THAT girl!" she scoffed. You took my man!"

"YOUR MAN!?" you almost shrieked. "He isn't--"

"SHUT UP BITCH!" the silverette snapped, hitting you with a violent force, blunt object leading it. Your face was towards the main door in a blink, left side throbbing with pain, and numbing in the same pulsation. Eyes stinging with tears from the hit, your mouth opened in shock, however, nothing came out but a small whimper, making the girl laugh ruefully.

The blonde whacked her upside the head, and she immediately stopped. He then spoke again," My name is Anton, and this is--"

"Tsu," the ravenette boy finished.

"We are your friendly neighborhood kidnappers," Anton smiled coldly, head slightly cocked to the side. "You see, the two of us--Tsu and I--are ex-shinobi: remnants of a clan you destroyed. Everything was going so well [Name], and, seeing that you threw away any lives we ever knew just to save your own butt, we worked for Hojo and Hollander."

"But we've set away from them and now work for Chiyoko's boyfriend," Tsu finished. "We're here to kill you, basically, but we have to drag it out. You have powers that he wants in order to protect her, and just killing you in cold blood won't get us our reward."

"Ch-Chiyoko's...BOYFRIEND hired you?" you spoke the words slowly, as if it were another language. "What BOYFRIEND could she possibly have now...!?"

"Shut up they're--"

"Another finger on her and I'll rip your head open right here," the ravenette hissed at the silverette girl, who, stepped away from the three of you promptly. "Go home."

"But--"

"GET THE HELL OUT!"

An apology was mumbled from behind the girl's lips and she balled her fists to the side, shuffling out of the area and through the door, disappearing after it was closed. In that short amount of the exit opening and closing though, a cool air blew in, and you shuddered violently, feeling the goose bumps rise like little needles across your body.

The blonde sighed," Ashley is a little acquaintance who decided she wants revenge on you, and on a man named Detective Tanimura, who, had been the one to expose her father's wrongdoings, sending him to jail. You see, she will hurt him by hurting you--killing two birds with one stone. In addition, her fountain of funds has proven quite useful in any materials we may need and--"

You lifted your head and spat at Anton, hitting him on the right cheek," You think I care about you plan!? When I'm found, you won't be given mercy!"

He slowly wiped away the spit and smirked, gazing as it glistened from the dim lighting upon his fingertips. The blonde then shifted his eyes to you, and as you glared back equally at him, he lunged forward, fist colliding with your abdomen, causing your body to jolt forward. The chains restrained you from falling on the floor, and subsequently tightened, twisting the skin of your wrists and ankles as you fought to regain your strength from your knees having buckled. However, another blow came in the same spot--this time from his foot--and it caused you to upchuck a significant amount of clear, foggy liquid: the last of it oozing from your mouth as a thin waterfall of slime.

Coughing, you went limp, too weak to move, and a quick prick from behind your neck had your eyes leisurely shift to the ravenette, Tsu, as he removed your weapon key and chain. He tossed it on the floor, and they immediately shattered: your eyes growing wide, and your gasp caught in your throat so quickly, a coughing fit emerged from your lips once more.

"Now, now, don't be scared [Name]-chan, those weren't real," Anton chuckled. "They were clay fakes we switched out while you were in prison."

"The real ones are here," Tsu stated monotonously, tossing them onto the floor, by your feet; their tinkling created a hollow clatter with the fakes, and you noticed immediately that there was no color in either of the pendants. "We mako dipped them with a little more than the recommended amount. It worked easily because you were weak and you haven't been training for any resistance like before."

"And you know what's funny?"

"..."

"You're kudan knew all about it!" Anton laughed, clapping his hands in a slow, piteous manner.

You lifted your head with as much strength as you could muster just to see his face: that smile, the gleam in his eyes from it. Shifting your eyes to Tsu, who cracked a smirk as well, you swallowed, shaking your head in disbelief.

They weren't lying.

"K-Kei... He's in on this...?" your voice was barely a whisper.

"Of course not," Anton scoffed, waving you off. "But he does know very fully that your kudan key and weapon have lost their dweller's glow. Without you with them to supply the soul needed to keep them in power, you cannot call on either one. Your kudan, Kei, found this out the very next day of your return from prison, because he should be able to sense you, yet, he had been keeping it secret to reassure you everything was alright. However, he is slowly turning human himself because of this, and unless you put this on, he won't be going back anytime soon. You'll both be powerless, and he will eventually become sick and die."

"Since we need the last of your life drained into these necklaces, we'll have you put them back on in due time, when you're weakened enough, and your powers are leaving, emitting into the area in which your necklace will be in place to accumulate it again," Tsu added. "Until then, we'll be going."

"...Wait," you choked out, breath shaky. "I-I have...a question."

"You know, you spit on me therefore I--"

"What is it?" Tsu asked, glancing over his shoulder.

"You said...Chiyoko's boyfriend ordered you to do this...but yesterday, she said I was going to die today which means she knows... Does she remember me?"

"Nope," the ravenette shook his head. "She's still as clueless as ever; this is solely from our employer. That warning she gave you though, that was something else she was planning on her own with her buddies."

"Indeed," Anton nodded. "The brat and her friends were going to jump you after the after party but alas, her surprise has turned out this way... Well, until later, [Name]."

For the following hours, you were left alone in the warehouse--which you found out when it was daytime--and watched as the space filled with light and became dark. During this time, you were easily in and out of sleep due to lack of nourishment, and weakness in general, as, when the three kidnappers of yours did come to see you, you were beaten minimally, in which, the lack of pain was made up for in a shot they pressed through you. Sun rising and setting once, you vaguely counted this happening at least twice, and with days passing since you were kidnapped, you calculated roughly that it would now be the third day: nighttime.

Your eyes leisurely opened from trying to close for sleep again, and you sighed instead, letting your body go limp against the chains that bound you, holding you in an uncomfortable supportive lean forward. You were thirsty more than hungry at this point, and your tongue felt dry against the roof of your mouth as you closed it, causing you to cough in surprise of the change. Huffing, you bit your lip and whimpered.

What were you to do? You were scared, powerless, and now cursing yourself for being careless in not training even the slightest bit. Thoughts drifting back to the events of half a year ago, you grimaced, hitting an epiphany: no matter what, if you were [Name] or Amaya, you were not meant to live a normal life--being an ex-shinobi would always stick with you.

'What would that mean for everyone else: the lives I dragged into this?'

***

"Any word yet in the searches?" Aoi asked, approaching Masayoshi, who, was crouched over the patch of pavement where there was yellow tape.

It was the next day, fourth day since the missing report was filed: Tuesday, December 25, Christmas.

The crime scene was said to have gone cold, especially due to the weekend rain, and the tape was to be removed tomorrow, after the holidays when the rest of the majority of the police force returned. Tomorrow also, was when the search would be called off; how time passed so quickly, Masayoshi could not understand, but, it didn't stop him from searching.

The brunette stood solemnly, facing Aoi, and bowed his head," I'm sorry."

Nodding, the ravenette man's eyes were fixated upon the brownish, fading spot on the pavement. "I know she was kidnapped; she wouldn't run from the charges pressed against her... She wouldn't run from anything, in fact."

"You said you had just met Amaya, correct?" Masayoshi stood straight. "Why then, are you so bent on who she is?"

"Because I know who I know, and I know Amaya."

"...What?" the young detective furrowed his eyebrows, distastefully scratching the back of his head as Aoi walked away from him.

***

"What do you think you're doing!? LET ME GO!"

There was commotion within the household as Vayne and a few police officers raided Auron's dojo: the ravenette man and a few of his helpers in surprise as things were being rearranged, the ground stained with the footprints of dirty, wet shoes. There was thankfully no class this hour, however, the intrusion was conducted without a word from the law enforcement, and, now tackled to the ground, a vein was pressed against his neck in anger, and he hissed at the ravenette upon his back who was latching handcuffs on him.

"Let me go, or I'll really fight back!"

"Are you threatening an officer!?" a policeman scoffed, pulling him to his feet.

"Ryuushin Takahara, you're under arrest for the kidnapping of Amaya Nochi," Vayne said calmly. "You have the right to remain silent; anything said can or--"

"WHAT!?" the ravenette gasped. "KIDNAPPING HER!?"

"That is correct," he nodded. "You were quite the trouble on what happened in Hollow Bastion, therefore, you're a prime suspect at the moment."

"BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!"

"You don't have a warrant for his arrest, or a search and seizure for the damaged you have just caused," Auron spoke curtly, approaching Vayne. "With your current misfortune in what you just did to Amaya earlie  r, you can't afford another scandal."

"That's right, let him go," Tifa nodded, Denzel clutching to her shirt behind her.

"My apologies, but you are not the ones in charge of this case," Vayne cocked an annoyed eyebrow. "You're in no position to--"

"YOU'RE in no position to ravage my dojo on the basis of assumption!"

"This forsaken child here--"

"Let him go already," Zero spoke halfheartedly. "He wouldn't have hurt Amaya."

"And how can you be so sure?" Vayne turned to him, hands on his hips. "I'M the officer here, and as far as I've heard, your relationship with him is nothing but fire and brimstone."

"But I know him better than any of you," the pale haired teen emphasized, hand over his chest. "Sure I wouldn't mind seeing him rot in jail for what he's done, but I've seen the way he looks at Amaya!" '...And the way she looks at me...' "You can't take that away! She's alive, held captive somewhere, and you're arresting the wrong person!"

***

...Huff...

...Huff...

...Huff...

...Cough, cough, cough...

...Huff...

You coughed again, trying to get the taste of copper out of your mouth as Anton hit you once more, in the stomach, with a blunt bamboo stick. At the end of your fit, a gurgle escaped your lips and your throat burned as you upchucked a splatter of blood at the blonde's feet--the remains of it flowing as a river from the corner of your mouth. It was the fourth day: Christmas as you overheard the ravenette, Tsu, say. In addition, it was apparently your last day being held captive, as, earlier, you were given the chains back: they dangled loosely around your neck, still lifeless in color.

"All right, break time!" Ashley called from the entrance, entering the building with paper bags in her hands. "I brought food!"

"Excellent," Anton smiled, tossing the stick near your feet.

"How's she doing?"

"She'll be dead by sunrise," the blonde answered. "The mako we injected her with is doing double time because she's so weak. Only a bit more and we tip off the cops, blow the place, then get our money."

"Yes~! I'm so excited!"

Head throbbing, and body aching, you willed yourself to move, with the damp scent of blood misting to your nostrils. This caused you to gag, and you violently coughed, heaving for a breath that only came out as nothing but ragged gasps. Giving yourself a moment, you went limp against the chains and rested your back upon the wood the supported you, leisurely keeping your eyes open as you heard the trio laugh merrily.

'...Someone...please...help me...'

***

Kei gurgled, coughing once more as his nose suddenly sprang a leak of blood. Quickly grabbing a tissue to plug it, he slumped down against the wall and sat on the floor, ignoring the stares from the others in the room: Aoi, Wasurete, and the three faction leaders of Edo. Looking away from him, they sat quietly, waiting on word from their own search party, but without leads, they were about to go on another day of failure at the most. Wasurete stood, about to step forward towards the kitchen when a voice echoed in his head.

'...Someone...please...help me...'

He froze, whirling around to the others," Did you hear that!?"

"W-What!?" Aoi huffed, startled by his outburst. "What's wrong with you, yelling like that!?"

"I-I just heard--"

'...Nobody is coming... Nobody is going to come...'

"There it is again!" the ravenette's hands flew to his head which he shook in disbelief. "I heard Amaya's voice! She sounds so...so dead..."

"Talk to her!" Hanzo said, standing up quickly. "You need to talk to her!"

"She can lead us to her now, you need to keep her awake," Toshizo nodded in agreement.

"Amaya? Hey, can you hear me?"

"You need to speak to her telepathically, not out loud," Chikage rolled his eyes.

"Oh... Okay..."

***

'Amaya! Amaya can you hear me!?'

Your eyes shot open, and you shook your head, slowly drooping them to a close,' Great, I'm hallucinating now...'

'No you're not! Listen, it's me, Wasurete!'

"Wasu...?" your bottom lip quivered from hearing his voice, and you whimpered, mentally slapping yourself as you remembered that the two of you had a connection, power or not.

'Wasurete... S-Save me! Save me please!'

'I'm coming, I'm coming! Where are you!?'

'I don't know... I think it's an abandoned warehouse. It's been constantly raining, so I can't see anything... I'm too weak to move, and they drained my power from me...'

'Okay, uh... Look around! Try showing me the inside of where you are!' You did so, using your strength in concentrating on every detail--especially on the faces of your kidnappers. Not a moment later, did Wasurete speak again. 'I still don't know where that is--your vision is too hazy... But I'll leave right now okay? I'll talk to you along the way.'

'...'

'...Amaya?'

'...'

'Amaya! Hey, wake up kid! Don't succumb to your injuries! I promise I won't take long!'

'...Please...'

'Amaya!'

***

"She's not talking to me anymore!" Wasurete exclaimed, sighing in exasperation.

"Did you get a clue as to where she is?" Kai asked. "At the least, that can help."

"What she showed me was so hazy but it was an abandoned warehouse. I don't know Twilight Town well enough to know where that is but I'm going out to look."

"That's not a well enough lead! You can't just walk off and expect to find her playing I Spy," Hanzo said. "That's not how this works."

"And you think your ninjas are doing any better!? Your princess is out there, probably dying, and you're sitting here, so calm!"

"You think we're not worried for her?" Toshizo raised an eyebrow. "Like you said she's our princess; there's no doubt our assumption on what happened is to the highest level. We are bothered too that she still hasn't been located, but--"

The doorbell ringing cut him off, and the room suddenly went silent. Wasurete went to open it, and when he did, it revealed Reks and Touya, dressed in black, dampened from the rain. Further out, he could see Touya's kudan shimmering away, and he shook his head before the fellow ravenette to speak.

"I don't have time, I'll talk to you later!" Wasurete threw a wave over his shoulder, heading towards his car.

"This is important though!"

"It'll be first thing when I get back then!"

***

Your breaths became slower, and you struggled to keep your eyes open. In the time that lapsed between you talking to Wasurete and now, you were in and out of consciousness. You were hit on the head by Ashley--who just could not help but do it--and currently, she was winding up to do it again. However, Tsu stopped her, and she stuck her tongue out at you, dropping the weapon by your feet just as it had been before.

Head throbbing, you straightened your stance, craning your neck to look up and over at the hook your chains were attached to. Even if you were able to get the chains off it, you'd make noise, and the beating that would come from it, you weighed the value of. However, the glass window near the exit shattered, startling you, as well as your kidnappers. It was silent, and as they positioned themselves within the shadows, ready to battle, they each drew standard duel pistols.

Seconds ticking by, nothing happened, dragging out the scene. Ashley crept to where the object that had flown through the window was, and scoffed at finding a brick--nothing more. Hand retracting, she stood in annoyance, and a gunshot suddenly echoed. As it faded off, her mouth opened in surprise, and she fell to her knees, gasping in shock as she clutched her shoulder. Tsu and Anton both rushed to her, pulling her into the shadows where they were situated just as another shot was fired by her feet. Echoing through the rain and amongst the empty streets you could faintly hear the sirens of police vehicles approaching, and in guessing your kidnappers did as well due to their panicked faces, you let out a small sigh of relief--maybe it'll be over soon.

The glass window near you suddenly shattered inward with shards flying, and you looked away from it, feeling the small particles bounce off your figure. A round of shots from the trio were being fired towards the area and Anton was methodically making his way towards you, grabbing you hostage: by the neck with his forearm as he stood behind the wood that supported you. The barrel of the gun he held was pressed against your temple with a force, and you coughed, choking, as his grip tightened.

"Show yourself intruder! If you're here for her, and you give a damn about what happens, step out before I blow her brains out!"

"No you won't," the voice answered, distorted by some mask, or even microphone. "Her powers haven't been absorbed. You kill her now, you're not gonna hear the last about it from your boss."

"Shit... Tsu, get the girls out of here!" the blonde switched to Japanese. "I'll take care of this fucker."

"Whoa, okay, I'M a fucker?" the voice laughed, also speaking the language. "Right, because kidnapping my friend is totally justifiable."

"Argh... TSU! What are you waiting for!?"

"I'm coming--"

"...Tsu! Tsu!? Tsu--"

Something whizzed past your neck, lodging itself within Anton's hand, cutting him off as he cursed and jolted back, tending to his injury. The sirens were incredibly close now, and were only growing in their strength of sound. Your heartbeat in return was quickening, and your eyes were frantically, yet hazily searching for the person who had come.

Anton had ran off towards the other side of the warehouse, calling out Tsu's name. As this occurred, you felt a presence slowly approaching you, and by their careful pace, you were scared of who it could be, tensing, and unknowingly whimpering as you shut your eyes, tugging at the chains that were holding you up in hope that they'd break. Sucking in a breath as you felt the warmth of a pair of hands on either side of your face, your eyes flew open, and in the dim moonlight, distorted by the rain, you were able to make out Reks' figure. He was gazing at you with relief, but in seeing the terror behind your eyes, he spoke, pulling down the cloth that was covering the bottom portion of his face.

"It's okay, Amaya," he whispered. "We're going to get you out of here."

"Reks!" the distorted voice called, only, you were able to recognize it. Turning your head in the direction it was coming from, along with the footsteps, you watched as Touya sighed in relief, meeting your gaze. "Hey kid, sorry we're late."

"Where did they go?" Reks asked.

"They're still at the entrance, being stupid about what to do. The cops are almost here, we just need to worry about getting her out."

A figure dropped down behind the boys, and you let out a scratchy scream, which in return made them jump in surprise. Turning around they tensed as well, the figure pushing through them and pulling down the chains from the hook.

"Hime, my apologies for the tardiness," Kotaro spoke.

The three boys quickly worked to free you: first taking the chains off the posts and then picking the locks to them. You were then pulled onto the back of Touya, and Kotaro vanished within a puff of smoke, after a promise to return later. The police sirens were now here, right beyond the open windows and worn walls of the warehouse. The darkness was now replaced with flashing red and blue lighting, and the main door was open, with the trio of kidnappers in the spot of the searchlight, being told to put their hands up. The police were slowly inching towards them, and Touya and Reks stayed in place, behind a wooden pillar, waiting to be called out, and hiding in case of shots fired.

Heartbeat, gradually regulating, and pain in your head increasing, you rested against Touya's shoulder, slipping into consciousness, unable to answer either the ravenette or silverette that had rescued you.

***

"We are live at Central Twilight Town Police Headquarters where Chief Vayne Solidor has an announcement regarding the Amaya Nochi case. Here Solidor is now!"

Vayne stepped up to the podium, content with the recent turn of events. He distastefully blinked from the flashing lights of the cameras, but found it in his sleepless self to begin speaking.

"Early morning on December 26th, just hours after Christmas, a warehouse was raided where three beings were arrested, and the brutally beaten body of Amaya Nochi was found. Our suspects have, in the past few hours of interrogation, confessed to this crime due to their wanting of a reward for her life--a ransom if you will--as they chose to harm her before contacting her guardians. In addition, the case on Amaya Nochi has been dropped as of today, December 28th as, thanks to recurring evidence review from Detective Masayoshi Tanimura, much of our recent witness given testimony does not match up what actually happened. In security cameras from the business of where the event occurred, we have seen that she acted out of self-defense, and from our recently arrested suspects, we have also learned that they were in the same...group if you will... I will now be taking questions."

"Sir! We have information that you trusted powers for Nochi's whereabouts! Is that true?"

"That is correct."

"Who are they?"

"That information is being withheld."

"Mr. Solidor, do these recent events confirm or deny that Amaya Nochi is indeed the Edo Princess?"

"...Deny of course. She only resembles the woman of which you speak of. We have no definite evidence, and this is a terrible example of mistaken identity."

"How is Nochi? Will she live?"

"Yes; she is in critical condition, but is assumed to be fine so long as she receives proper treatment."

***

...Beep...

...Beep...

...Beep...

The high pitched noise continued at the same pace, and was the only sound greeting you as you regained consciousness. You inhaled deeply, smelling instantly the wafting aroma of medicine within the hospital, causing you to immediately recall the events of last you were awake. Eyes shooting open to this, you gasped and bolted up, groaning as a wave of  pain shot through you, leading you to wince, and plop back down onto your back.

Lying there, slowly regulating your breath, you took the moment to feel the tapered wires to your skin, the bandages on your body, the thin gown upon your figure, and the cool uninviting atmosphere of the room. However, there was the presence of another person present, and as your right hand was covered within the palms of two warm ones, you looked in the direction, and a voice spoke.

"Oh [Name], you're alright!" they sighed in relief, sniffling. "We were so worried!"

"N-Namine?" you breathed, voice scratchy.

"That's right, that's right!" she laughed lightly, sniffling once more. "You've been out for two days, I thought you were never going to wake up!"

"I...I'm okay," you swallowed, voice barely louder than a whisper now. "I'm...alive."

"S-Stay awake for another second okay?" you felt her gently place your hand upon the hospital bed. "I need to get the others! They went out for lunch a little while ago. I'll be right, right back!"

You heard the chair rub against the tile ground as Namine stood, and her footsteps rushed away, the door opening and closing quickly, leaving you with the endless beeping. Your hands carefully went up to your face and patted it down for a feeling of bandages anywhere, but only found swells, and a few shallow cuts. From there, your palms glided across your arms, feeling the bandages, and wincing from the pressure you exhorted.

The door swung open, with the handle bounce off against the wall as it creaked to a close again. Footsteps rushed in and your hand was immediately taken within two, just as Namine had held it; these were bigger though, and they clutched at your hand in a force of relief. The door had closed now, but immediately reopened as another rush of footsteps came through, and as the person closest to you spoke, you looked at them.

"[Name], hey!" Ryuushin laughed nervously. "You're okay! You're okay, you're okay, you're okay!"

"I-I think you're scaring her," Namine giggled.

"You really had us worried, Vincent said, voice coming from your left side. "We...were told to anticipate the worst because of how you were brought in."

"But you were cool enough to beat that out!" Kai cheered, his voice coming from the foot of the bed. "Ah...[Name], smile, yeah? You're okay now!"

"[Name]? I-Is something wrong?" Ryuushin's hands tightened around yours, and you slowly sat up with his help, swallowing back the panic that threatened to burst.

"Hey, if you're feeling any pain, we can call one of the doctors; there's no need to hold it in," Namine said, voice dripping with worry.

"[Name], hey, answer us... What's wrong?" Kai asked, his voice taking on the same tone as Namine's.

"I... I can't see anything!"

------------------------------------

Author's Note: IMSOSORRYFORTHERANDOMUNNANNOUNCEDHIATUSGUYS! DX School is being gross and stuff, so again, I apologize for not answering your messages, or getting back to you on your stories as I've had no time to actually come online... Hopefully that will change, but if not, I ask that you guys just wait--I'll get back to you as soon as I can ^^; Well, in any case, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for reading! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...
1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
477 96 30
Before you begin this story, I must warn you first. This is not a tale of dashing knights and lovely damsels awaiting rescue. It is not the tale of h...