How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)

5.1K 162 3
By foreverandalways_3

Chapter 19

As Shane and I walk into the reception area, he holds my waist pulling me into his side. Bending down to whisper in my ear he says, "you look stunning," and of course, I blush uncontrollably. Stand up as tall as I can, and capture his cheek with my lips before he can stand completely up to his towering hight. His smile grows as he guides us to the new table we've been assigned to sit at.

Shane told me that there's going to be a couple more speeches and then the dances, after all that we get to dance. He seemed to be very excited. We sit down at the table, and Shane nods greeting people he knows. When I came back from getting desert, he seemed and little curious about what had happened in the room. He never asked, so I never told him. I'll tell him another time, somewhere more private.

"Alex!" Chelsea embraces me into a hug.

"Hey pretty darling," I hug her tightly back.

"Are you having fun?" She asks me jumping on to my legs sitting on me. Shane is talking to an older lady, looking slightly similar to his grandmother.

"Lots! Are you?" She nods before telling me that she's going to play with her cousins until everything starts.

"Alex, this is my great Aunt Shirley! It's my grandma's sister," she reaches out her small delicate hand. Shaking it her smile is warming. "This is my girlfriend I was just telling you about," her eyes widen and she begins to tell me how in a short conversation with her nephew that he told her lots about me. Causing me to blush incredibly.

"Excuse me, could everyone begin to take their seats," someone from the front says into the microphone causing everyone to break into silence.

The mother and father begin to proceed the same speach as they did in the dinning room. Jared looks as if he's about to fall asleep, Belle is trying to take her best interest but quickly losing in to playing with her bracelet. The kids are colour in their colouring books. I look up to Shane and he seems to be examining me.

Just as he winks the crowd begins to clap and cheer, the couple begins to say their thank you's and Shane drags my chair over making a small screeching sound. Only the people around out table looks and Shane revives and drity look from his mother causing me to giggle into his chest. He kisses the top of my head, just as the announce that the first dance is going to start.

Make you feel my love by Adele begins to play. I lean up to Shane's ear and whisper, "I love this song," before he smirks down kissing my temple, making my heart to accelerate. The couple slowly dance gazing into each other eyes, exchanging a few words, all while smiling out of pure happiness.

As the song ends everyone begins to clap and cheer. Then they annouce that it's dancing time. Leaning agaisnt Shane as we begin to watch a bunch of people getting up to dance to an older song, we chuckle at the older couples showing off their old dance moves having a good time.

"We'll dance in a bit," Shane whispers in my ear, agreeing with him. Belle arrives with a 7UP she offered to fetch for me, thanking her I take a sip.

After about four songs Shane gets up as We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus starts to play. "I'm going to the washroom," he gives me a sweet peck on the lips before disappearing out of the door.

"Are you sure you're having a good time?" A voice startals me, turning around to face Shane's grandmother.

"I'm having a great time," I nod smiling, she sits beside me in the chair that Shane was just sitting in.

"Honey, I can really tell Shane likes you," she takes my hand squeezing it. "I can tell by the way he looks at you," my eyes are filling with tears because she seems so sincere, telling me all this. I blink away the watery droplets that were foming. "He used to tell me whenever he came over that he wanted a really beautiful girlfriend, and that she would mean the world to him. He told me that he would do whatever to protect her," she was in tears by then. Leaning in I give her a hug. Just as I pull away, someone clears their throat causing me to turn around.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Alex could I have this dance?" Shane places his hand out in front of me, I put mine in his, I turn to his grandmother and mouth, "I'll see you later," she smiles and nods. Being pulled to Shane's quick speed, he wraps his arm around my torso. Once we reach the middle of the dance floor he stops. I finally notice that Ho Hey by The Lumineers is playing.

"What were you and my grandma talking about?" He questions looking into my eyes.

"Just about old stories about you," I giggle. His cheeks are slightly pink.

"What did she tell you?" He whispers in my ear causing me to have shivers.

"That's for me to know," I whisper in his. He chuckles and kisses my neck just below my ear. My breathing stopped, we're still swaying back and forth around other couples in the room. He stands up straight, but not completely, he leans his forehead against mine. We're both smiling like crazy. He drives me insane. My heart feels like it's about to beat out of my chest.

"I belong with you,

You belong with me,

You're my sweetheart," Shane sings in my ear, as we slowly sway around the room full of his relatives. Smiling as he continues, I don't think I can ever get used to this.

I dance around the large dance floor with Chelsea and Marcus and some of their cousins around their age. Most of the time the music is very country. I spin little Alicia around just as the chorus comes on.

I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city

I make a lot of noise 'cause the girls they are so pretty

We're riding up and down Broadway on my ole studly Roy

And the girls say 'save a horse ride a cowboy'

Everybody says 'save a horse ride a cowboy'

The whole dance floor sings it at the top of their lungs. I've been dancing with these kids for a pretty long time. I look up to see Shane sitting with a guy who looks to be around his age. They're talking and laughing. Once I catch Shane's attention his smile grows wider, seeing me with his family seems to make him happy. The song ends, and the next one comes on. I tell the kids that I'm going to take a break, I go and sit next to Shane.

"Having fun?" Shane laughs at how I'm out of breath.

"You try dancing with children for twenty minutes in heels," I shoot back he laughs harder kissing my forehead.

"Alex this is my cousin Kyle, the best of them all," I recognize him from somewhere. "Its Shelby's brother," he informs me. He's in the wddding party, that's where, I saw him walk down the isle.

"Nice to meet you," his smile looks a lot like Shane's. The only difference is that Shane's teeth are slightly more straight, and his lips are a lot lets chapped.

"Pleasure to meet you, considering you're the best," he chuckles are my response. Grabbing my purse off the table I look at the time on my phone, it's already twenty after one!

"Well I'm going to find my girlfriend, she's somewhere around here, and dance! We'll probably see each other before you leave tomorrow," he smiles standing straightening his pants out and pulling his fancy jacket over his arms.

"See you," Shane answers before turning his complete attention towards me.

"Its twenty after one," I tell him, his eyes widen slightly, we've stayed up later watching some stupid television show he wanted to watch, but I have to say, I'm pretty tired.

"Lets dance to one last song then we can make a run for it," he jokes, taking my hand in his we make our way to the dance floor to be greeted by people I'm not familiar with.

"How are you darest Shane? I see you've found yourself a gorgeous one," the elderly lady winks at one of us, I'm not sure which one of us though.

"Yeah well Aunt Gloria, she really is something else," he smiles down at me. I blush and look anywhere except this lady's piercing stair.

"Gloria leave the kids to dance," an elderly man comes, and takes her hand.

"Oh shush Marty, I was just saying hello," she scolds the older man.

"See you around Uncle Marty," Shane smiles at them both before pulling me off into a more crowded space. Except in this space, there's more people our age.

"That was grandmas sister and brother in law," he tells me as soon as the music becomes quiet between songs. The next song that comes on, doesn't sound familiar.

We begin to randomly dance, Shane spinning me every so often but the face paced song ends all to quickly. Shane's facial expression shows that he's getting tired. Taking him by the hand we meet his father at the table.

"Jared, I think we're going to get going, tell Belle to text me in the morning," I tell my boyfriends father,  Shane seems confused at how his father and I just had a decent conversation.

"Okay, see you two tomorrow," he nods smiling.

I grab my purse off the table and Shane proceeds to snake his arm around my waist. "Are you and my father cool now? Or was he just really drunk?"

"Well we are now on the same level and he understands. So it's all good, I'm not sure if he's drunk or not," I laugh adding the last part. He opens the passenger seat door helping me in. I think he figured out that it's not easy to get up in a huge truck in heels.

"Oh, okay," Shane shuts my door quickly making his way over to the divers seat. "Did you have a good time at least?"

"I had a great time!" I smile, his family is great, they are so welcoming.

"Good," his smile growing by the second. He takes my hand in his as we drive back to our hotel.

"Stop it!" I try to quietly say, avoiding to break out laughing as Shane tickles me. Struggling to open to the door, I give up and lean against the door. His hands still moving about my sides. I'm completely out of breath, I try and grab his hands. Once I do that, I hold them in mine, I look into his bright blue eyes.

"What if I don't?" He challenges raising an eye brow.

Well, he wasn't suppose to say exactly that. Coming up with an answer I smirk, going with a simple plan I lean up and kiss him so softly it was barely considered a kiss. "You won't be getting one of those for a while," by the time I was finished speaking his hands had stopped trickling me. I quickly turn ans swiftly open the door.

Sighing as I was into the room, I turn on the lights and kick off my heals. Doing a quick spin on the tile in the small kitchen provided I walk over to the window. Looking down on the street. There is a small bit of traffic, and the odd people walking- either completely drunk, or completely sober,- smiling at the sma park across the street. Such a small green space, placed in the middle of the cities core. People walk and drive past it everyday, some without notice, some with very interested minds.

Looking over at the small clock hanging off the wall, it says it's quarter after two. Yawning, I turn back to face the window. Smiling to myself I feel two hands move around my sides and the front of my belly. The pads of his fingers messaging around, feels good. He pulls me back into his chest, he bends around my neck and kisses softly, just below my jaw line. Smiling, I turn to face him. He looks me in the eyes before bending and kissing me, catching my off guard, his blue eyes distracted me, I grab a hold of the side of his neck. Getting up on my tippy toes, and kiss him even more passionately.

The feelings in my chest at the moment feel like everything is going to explode. Its a good feeling, but I don't know how to express it. So I'm letting out my emotions out in the kiss. Although, these feelings like it's less than a fraction of it.

We both pull away, breathing heavily, I don't unwrap my arms that seemed to have ended up locked behind his head, my fingers playing with the blonde hairs that are now sticking everywhere. Are eyes are flicking back and forth between each iris. "I got the one thing I've wanted," he smirks.

What is he talking about. My confused look must have given it away, because he quickly explians, "in the hallway you said I won't be getting a kiss for a while, but I got a really good one if you ask me,"

Rolling my eyes, I smile, our faces still so close. "I also got something else, that I've wanted for a really long time," standing normally, my hands loosen and slide down to rest on his collar bones. My head resting just below them, his hands pulling me agaisnt him.

"What's that?" I ask him, he begins to rock back and forth.

His arms pull me back a bit, I look up into his eyes, they're sparkling the lights from the city below making them visable. "You," the smile on his face is undeniable. My heart has gone crazy, beating uncontrollably.

"Me too," I softly state leaning back against his chest.

"You too, what?" He teases. Knowing he's joking around with my embarrassment, he knows what I'm exactly going to say.

"That I'm glad I have you in my life," I smile, pulling his blazer off. "I haven't had someone this special in my life for the longest time,"

As soon as I'm done speaking he leans down and pushes me agaisnt the bedroom door, kissing me with such passion. He breaks away and as I open my eyes they meet his. I smile, he looks as though he's contemplating on something, by the way his eyebrows are furrowed.

"Alex," his breathless voice breaths my name. His tongue keeps sweeping over his rosy lips. He leans down, barely touching my lips, everything around us is completely silent. Our heavy breathing is the only thing to be heard. Our lips brushing he keeps it there, "Alex I'm in love with you,"

Those words that came whispering out of his mouth, made my knees go weak, making my stomach go into knots, my head dizzy. He fully presses his lips against mine, the words running over and over through my head. He's in love with me. Our passionate kiss continues, I stand as tall as I can go. My fingers running through his hair over and over again. I jump, and be swiftly catches me by the thighs as I wrap them around his torso. He leans my agaisnt the door of the hotel room. We break apart once again, and our noses continue to touch, the intense moment. Right then I realize it. I know what all these crazy feelings are, loosing my breath whenever he says something sweet, my heart beating like crazy, how I'm constantly excited to see him even if he was just gone out for a couple minutes. It all makes sense.

"I'm in love with you Shane."

_______________________________________________

A/N

THEY SAID I LOVE YOU. THEY SAID IT. WERE YOU EXPECTING THAT?! CAUSE EVEN I WASN'T SURE. I wasn't sure where to go with this chapter, I thought maybe I could do this, but then I was like no to early, lots more to go yet. I wrote this three different times trying to find a good way to end it before things get a little crazy. WHOOPS I DIDN'T SAY THAT. AHAHAHAHA.

Sorry it took so long, again like I said I wasn't sure where I was going with it, PLUUSS I'VE HAD SO MUCH HOMEWORK. CRAZY, it's my English honours class, but what can I say... I like writing and English and stuff.

OVER 500 reads! That's incredible! Thank you!

Wow. this is getting long! You can follow me on

Instagram: @_holly3

Twitter: @_holly_3

Comment! Tell me when you think about the book so far! I'll follow you if you do so! Leave your input!

Vote! It means a lot for all you voters but it would mean a lot if the people who read this and don't vote do vote too!

Share! If you really like the book, and would like to recommend it, do it! Share it with friends or who ever you want!

Thank you everyone <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
69.2K 2.8K 35
Dylan is Fine. Completely Fine. With a capital F. That is, until, his mother, for some reason, taken in her godson who'd gotten kicked out of his hou...
DROP OUT By Lydia

Teen Fiction

710 40 18
IM CURRENTLY RE WRITING THIS STORY: If you would like to read this version please read at your own risk and my new version will be up very soon, than...
1.2M 37K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...