Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3
Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Chapter 14

3.1K 56 63
By Hhhhhh05

I sighed. I have been sitting here for a large portion of an hour. Mostly staring at the ceiling. There was just no inspiration. Okay that's a lie. I kept thinking of Maxon.

'Is that a bad thing' a little voice on my head whispered.

Maybe it's not. I stood up and moved to a stool with a guitar sitting next to it. I strummed it and smiled. Maybe I could do a country song. My mind turned back to Maxon. Maybe it wasn't a bad thing to think of him. I could always write a song about him.

I can't make it obvious. I feel like he would know. He's always been able to see into my heart. But I've always been able to see into his. He always lets his princely guard down around me. Especially when he's trying to get something he wants. Sometimes I feel like he wants me like when we kissed, or when we on that 'date', but I can never tell. And the way my name rolls off his tongue. Okay off topic.

For a boy, your heart is pretty see through
For a boy, you sure let your guard down
When you know what you want, want you see
And baby right now your staring at me
When you say my name, I know you ain't playing games

Yes first verse completed. That was easy. I strummed the melody I had in my mind and sang along. It clicked. This is super easy when your inspirers.
What else do I love about Maxon?

The way he was so good at saying sorry. Guys can't usually admit to there mistakes. And the way I can hear his heart beat as I laid my head on his chest......distractions. Or how he didn't come late to our 'date' like most guys I've dated.

For a boy, you're good at saying sorry
For a boy, I sure can feel your heart
It's like a freight train, coming at me
I'm across the booth, on the edge of my seat
You don't make me wait, you say what you came to say

Maxon makes it so easy to write. That's how it went for the rest of the day. I would list everything I love about Maxon, get distracted, then right more.

I was strumming through the last verse when I noticed Amberley.

"Seems like you really like this boy. Who is he?" She asked.

I blushed And looked down. I was not about to tell Maxon's mother that I had a crushish/like thing for her son.

Apparently my face is very easy to read. "It's Maxon isn't it?"

I looked up.

"I have a feeling he likes you too. Let's call it mothers intuition," she winked and laughed.

"I doubt that," I said sadly.

"We shall see," Amberley stood up and flattened out her dress. "I will see you at dinner. 7' o clock. Sharp. Don't be late."

She swept up the skirts of her gown and rushed elegantly out of the room. 

I sighed. Ugh. How did Amberley Just fund out before Maxon. I sat up abruptly. What if she told him. He would never talk to me again. No. Amberley wouldn't do that. I think.

I went back to strumming quietly because I was to nerve wrecked to actually sing. I was humming slightly though. I strummed the last night and patted the guitar. I hadn't used one in a while. I usually used the piano or violin. It was my strong suit.

"Sounds good," I heard and looked up at the voice. It was Maxon. I smiled and set the guitar down. I stood and met him at the door.

"Thanks. How was your meeting?" I asked.

"Boring."

I laughed. "I bet. I don't think I could ever sit through one of those."

"I don't understand how I ever did that in the past. It was so boring. There wasn't even anything new. So they just gave reports about things that happened weeks ago," he exaggerated.

"You poor thing," I said teasingly.

"Shall we work on the song?" He asked. I nodded. I led him to the piano. I sat down and patted the seat next to me. He slid on.

"Need any inspiration. I heard the gardens are inspirational," Maxon told me.

I shook my head and smiled. I knew a secret he didn't. "I have all the inspiration I need right here."

~oOo~ Maxons pov~oOo~

I kept thinking to the other morning when I saw America flirting with that guard. I don't know if it was on purpose, but I saw that flirtatious smile. I kind of wish she would give me that smile. When she hangs out with me dies she do the sane and I just don't notice. If I asked her out would she settle down with me. Or stay with Aspen. Are they going out? Oh right. Music.

When your with him
do you call his name
Like you do when your with me
Does it feel the same
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down
Or would you play it safe
And stay

That sounded good.

"How about this?" I asked. I showed her the lyrics I had written on the paper and she nodded. She played the beat and I sang the lyrics to it. It worked.

"That's great Maxon. What's your inspiration?" She asked.

"It's top secret," I whispered playfully.

"Is it official palace business," America giggled.

I nodded with mock seriousness.

She laughed her angelic laugh and turned back to the notebook. She took on a challenging look. "Okay. So we add the bridge here and than we can sing the chorus again after that." She scribbled that info down in the notebook and crinkled her eyebrows adorably. "Now we need a third verse. I was thinking of doing a little back and forth singing here. Why don't we write it together?"

America looked at me with wide eyes and all I could do was nod.

"Good," she nodded. "I sang last. You start."

I looked down at my ideas notebook and found something I scribbled down earlier.

"And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby," I sang for America.

"Perfect," she agreed. She flipped through his own notebook till she found something that would go with my lyric.

"I don't wanna hide us away."

I didn't even tell her my opinion before I sang something that would go with that.

"Tell the world about the love we're making"

America did the same as me and just sang the next line.

"I'm living for that day"

I looked her in the eyes before we both sang the last word together.

"Someday."

I smiled at our wordless connection. She did the same. We were still staring into each other's eyes. Aberration noticed and pulled her eyes from mine. I couldn't help but feel a tad rejected

"Well add the Chorus in once again with you singing the first part and me singing the second," she says back in business mode. "than well sing the chorus again together."

I nodded along with her. "Than well do the chorus one last tine with a little chance in lyrics at the top."

America showed me the little change at the top. I scribbled it down on my paper and nodded for her to go on.

"And that's pretty much it. But I was thinking here at the end, of it's okay with you, that maybe I could sing a short and slow 'why can't we back like that, wish we could be like that'," she explained.

I imagined her slowly and emotionally finishing the song. I nodded enthusiastically.

"This is a great song," America sighed happily.

"That's because we're a great team."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 1K 33
18 years ago, Queen Amberley and King Clarkson were flying to Italy when Queen Amberley went into labor. They demanded that the plane be landed immed...
14.3K 207 28
What if Maxon and America met in college. Maxon is the most popular guy in school and this is America's first year. Will Maxon even notice her? Follo...
448K 4.9K 52
This is an alternate ending to The One. In this story King Clarkson and Queen Amberly are alive and still in reign as Maxon and America take on life...
135K 2.4K 27
With America and Maxon finally married they can start a life together, the Southern rebels have taken a break from attacking the new King and Queen o...