Dope Boy Ambitions

By laila_duhh

16 year old Monica Monroe and her twin sister Yonica are currently living in an orphanage due to there parent... More

Prolouge: Dope Boy Ambitions
A Place Called Home
New To This
Job Run
Respect Is Earned Not Given
The Bigger Brother
Struck Out
When Life Gives You Condoms, Use Them
All About The Benjamins
Opposites Attract
Trapped
All Alone
The Easy Way Out
One Way Or Another
Man Down
Saying GoodBye
Hard As An Apple
Freedom At Last
Lost And Found
Old Friends Meet Again
Hidden Secrets
Ahead Of Time
Truth Be Told
Life Saver
Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall
Low Down And Dirty
You Wouldn't? Would You?
One Plus One
BackStabber
So Gone
Makeup To Breakup
M is for Mommy
Bundle Of Joy
New Addition
Family Guy
Who?
Loud & Clear
Plans Unplanned
Can You Hear Me?
A Moment Of Silence
L-O-S-T
Dysfunctional
Baby Why
Bittersweet
Life Goes On
Down The Drain
Although Im Missing You
For Better or Worse
Finalé: Dope Boy Ambitions- The Final Say
ITS HERE!

Miracle

96.3K 3.3K 4K
By laila_duhh

Monica

"Did he fucking expect me to stay in that house with her there!?" I vented to Dorian while brushing my teeth.

"I mean, you are going to eventually have to talk to her."

"No I won't." I spit the toothpaste out and poured mouthwash into my mouth. I gargled and swished it around a couple of times and spit that out as well.

"So King and I are having the perfect moment then BOOM! Yonica walks in with and ruins are moment. She's huge."

Dorian laughed.

"I'm serious D. She's my sister and everything but I can't stand her."

"I know, I know. You have said that plenty of times."

I shook my head and pulled all of my hair into a tight pony tail.

"What is she having?" Dorian asked watching Family Guy.

"I don't know because I don't care."

"Alright Mo, you're going to have to forgive her at some point. You can't hold a grudge forever."

"I'm just suppose to forgive her? She never even said sorry to me. Why should I forgive her?"

"Because she's your family. Probably the only family you have left besides your mom."

I sighed. Dorian was making sense. Who knows where my mom went off too, and Yonica was my only family. But I still can't just put that shit past me.

"I'm going to Walmart." I told Dori and put on sandals and shorts with a tank top. "Want anything?"

"Peanut butter please. You know I'm obsessed with it."

I laughed and nodded while grabbing my wallet and phone. As I got into my car I had multiple missed calls from King. Which was weird because he never calls more than once. I wasn't in the mood to call him back right now. I put my phone down and drove to the closet Walmart.

When I reached my destination I jumped out of my automobile and grabbed a shopping cart.

"Okay apples, milk, bread, Oreos, Doritos, and what else? What else?" I said to myself trying to think of the list of things I needed to purchase.

Someone bumped into my cart.

"My bad."

"Oh it's okay-" I slowed my sentence down when I saw who it was.

It was Romeo. I looked up and saw five kids behind him.

"Wassup Mo." Romeo finally spoke.

"Hi." I said looking at all of the children. "Are these umm... all of your kids?"

He sighed. "Yea."

"Oh. Cool."

"What about you? You got any kids?"

"No. Hell no."

He chuckled. "Why not? I'm sure your husband wants some kids."

"I uhh..." I looked down at my phone and saw King was calling once again.

"You know what? I have to go. It was good seeing you again." I said pushing my buggy away from him.

"You still got my number right?"

"Nope. Sure don't." I said with a smile and answered my ringing phone.

"King why the hell do you keep calling-"

"Get to the hospital. Quickly."
*

*

*

My heartbeat raced as I got off on the seventh floor of Mercy hospital. King was pacing and sweating back and forth in the waiting room.

"King what's going on?"

"It's Yonica-"

"Wait." I held my hand up. "You called me to the hospital for that bitch!"

"Mo-"

"What don't you get King! I don't want anything to do-"

"She's not making it." He cut me off.

"What do you mean not making it?"

"Early this morning she was bleeding and complaining about her stomach hurting so I brought her to the hospital and she's in labor."

"At seven months? Really?"

"Yes Monica! What the hell is wrong with you! Yonica might not survive and you're acting like you don't care."

"Because I know she's not gonna die." I folded my arms.

"You don't know shit."

We heard screams coming from room 214 which was the room Yonica was in. A lot of nurses rushed into the room with gloves on. More screams filled the hospital room.

"Oh damn." King said and walked back into the room.

I stood in the middle of the hallway just staring at the door not sure if I should go in or not. I do want to make sure she's okay. Finally I put my pride aside and entered the crowded delivery room.

"Ma'am please exit the room. The hospital room has reached its capacity. No other people are allowed inside." A nurse spoke loudly pushing me out.

I saw blood everywhere which caused my heart to race more.

"She's my sister." I told the nurse and pushed her off of me.

I went by Yonica's side. Her eyes were low and tears were flowing down her face.

"You're going to have to keep pushing." A doctor ordered her.

"I can't." Yonica cried and screamed.

I grabbed her hand. "Yes you can."

She looked up at me. "Mo? What are you doing here? Don't you wanna kill me?"

I laughed a little and wiped a solid tear. "Yea I do, but right now you need to get this baby out of you."

Yonica nodded and wiped the sweat from her forehead. I held onto her hand while King held the other.

"One...two...three." The doctor counted down and Yonica gave it her all.

"She's losing too much blood." A nurse said.

"Yo-Yo come on." I said to her. It was obvious that she was weak and didn't have any energy left in her.

"Yonica dear. You need to get this baby out." A older nurse said.

"Give me one big push okay? One...two...three."

King covered his eyes not wanting to see all the blood that poured from her body. The room was filled with loud cries.

"It's a girl." A nurse cheered and wrapped the baby up in a blanket.

My mouth dropped at the sight of the baby girl.

"Oh my gosh. Yonica, it's a-" when I turned and looked at her, her eyes were slowly closing.

"Yo." I shook her.

She grabbed my hand. "I'm not going to make it."

"Yes you are. Don't say that."

"Listen. Take care of my baby girl. Protect her. Don't let her end up like us."

"Yonica stop talking crazy. You're going to take care of her yourself alright?"

She shook her head no. "I'm sorry for everything I ever did to you."

"I forgive you Yonica." Her eyes started to slowly close. "Yonica no. Don't die on me. Don't die on me. King! King go get the nurses!" I yelled and kept shaking Yonica.

The sound of the heart monitor stopped and Yonica's eyes weren't opening. My screams flowed throughout the room followed by my loud cries. The earth had stopped moving and my heart had stop beating. Everything was in slow motion. "Yonica!"

King pulled me out of the room as doctors went in to save Yonica. It felt like this bright sunny day turned into a dark stormy night. If they don't save Yonica I don't know what I'll do.

Yea Yonica did me dirty and treated me wrong at times but she was still my big sister. She was my twin almost like my other half. Even though I hated her with a passion I still loved her deep down in my heart. Letting her go would be a hard thing to do.

King held me and let me cry on him for what seems like hours. Finally a doctor came out into the waiting room with a look of sorrow on his face. That look instantly told me that my sister was indeed gone.

"Kingston Henderson."

King stood up. "Give me the bad news doc."

The doctor sighed and looked down at his clip board. "Due to the amount of blood that was lost and the early child birth Yonica has sadly passed."

King held onto me tighter squeezing my shoulders in the process.

"I'm sorry. But I do have good news. Your daughter is a healthy premature baby. But in order for her to leave the hospital the birth certificate needs to be signed by her legal guardians."

The doctor held up a certificate of birth. King signed it and handed the pen to me.

"What?"

"Sign it Mo."

"I'm not her mother."

"You are now."

I wiped my tears and signed the dotted line that was printed on the certificate.

"Now that all that is cleared up. What would y'all like to name the baby girl?"

King looked at me and I looked at him clueless.

"I-I don't know." I stuttered still in shock that my sister was dead and gone, and that I would now have to take care of her child.

"Mo. Come on think." King rubbed my back.

I thought for a second trying to think of a perfect name for this child.

"Let's name her Miracle."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 62K 24
The Henderson family is back! Through all the struggles will they still manage to be a perfect family? Will King and Monica put there differences asi...
40.9K 1.4K 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Star has her entire life planned out, and it's been like that since she was younger. She's been in the best schools, which...
29.4K 1.6K 33
Our favorite family is back beloveds, "If we locked in 🤞🏾ain't no switching up 🤝🏾" that's is that's the description y'all know how Faye and Dave...
87.5K 2.3K 32
Roxanne (Roxie) is sixteen with a hard life. Her mom died shortly after Roxanne's birth. Her father, blaming it on Roxanne, is now an alcoholic and a...