Reincarnate: My Rival

By PenOverPaper

"Being a rival sucks. Especially when you're the center of everyone's hatred." Gael Fallon is a well-known ri... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Where it all starts
Chapter Two: Witch's Warning
Chapter Four: Truce
Chapter Five: Execute Plan
Chapter Six: Gael Fallon
Chapter Seven: Comeback
Chapter Eight: Little Amber
Chapter Nine: Deal
Chapter Ten: Tea Party
Chapter Eleven: Hello Heroine
Chapter Twelve: Puppet
Chapter Thirteen: Puppeteer
Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal
Chapter Fifteen: The Ball
Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character
Chapter Seventeen: Masochist
Chapter Eighteen: Little Tigress
Chapter Nineteen: Game Over
Chapter Twenty : Stalker
Chapter Twenty-One: Father-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Three: Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Four: Yandere
Chapter Twenty-Five: School Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Infinite Bookshop
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter
Chapter Thirty: Luxurie Eclipse
Chapter Thirty-One: Luna Bookstore
Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues
Chapter Thirty-Three: More Clues
Chapter Thirty-Four: Backup
Chapter Thirty-Five: Soteria's Cloak
Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones
Chapter Thirty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Thirty-Eight: First Day
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Seven's Past
ready?
Chapter: CLOSE

Chapter Three: Plan

32.6K 1.2K 246
By PenOverPaper

Ding! Dong! Ding!

My forehead creased as I look outside the store. If i'm not mistaken.

"You're right dearie. That's the sound of the Red Bell being rang by our mayor."

Red Bell. A bell that signifies an impending doom is coming.

Immediately, all the customers inside the restaurant stood up and was looking outside, confusion written on their faces.

"Excuse me."

A twenty something businessman walks up to the counter and looked at Grandma Jill.

"Yes?"

"What's the bell all about?"

I cocked an eyebrow, "You're not from here?"

The businessman nodded, "Yes. I'm only here to visit my grandparents."

"Well look here sonny. That bell is called Red Bell. The mayor only uses it to signal the people to get ready."

"Ready for what?" asked the businessman, his forehead covered in sweat and his hands shaking.

Grandma Jill's tone took a sinister edge, "To get ready for an impending doom! Haha!" After that, she started laughing in a craze manner.

Scared, the businessman scrambled to ran to the exit.

"Come on, let's go to the town square." I beckoned to the three.

I looked at Grandma Jill, "Aren't you coming?"

"Nah. I'm busy with my customer here."

I looked around the restaurant. The only customer inside here beside us three is a little kid eating a sundae happily.

My lips started twicthing.

"Seriously?"

Grandma Jill nodded and winked, "I'll deliver your orders later. With extra charges."

"Hey!-

Before I can protest, a sparkling white mist surrounded us and suddenly we got teleported to the town square in a split second.

I grumbled. Grandma Jill used a spell called 'Smoke Screen' which can teleport us to a place the chanter wants. Only witches and wizards above the level H can conjure that spell.

I didn't bother checking the three leaders and instantly looked at the stage seriously, where Venus-sama is talking. With the use of the spell called 'Sound Amp', Venus-sama's voice is heard clearly despite the noise the crowd is making.

"People of Epiphyllum, I know all of you are confused and scared on why I used the Red Bell. It's simple, a powerful demon has entered our peaceful town. And as mayor, I prioritized the safety of my townsfolk so that's why I've called all of you here to inform you all to prepare and evacuate."

The crowd started to panic. Venus-sama only stomped her foot and an earpiercing boom is heard over the town square which made the people shut up.

"Please don't panic. I've already made a plan. And if all of you cooperate, all of you will be safe."

The crowd nodded vigorously.

"First, prepare the things that you will need for the evacuation to a town called Bluebells. Although a few miles away from here, the mayor there agreed to take Epiphyllum under its wing for a few days."

One of the people in the crowd raised his right hand. Venus-sama only nodded, willing to answer the guy's question.

"What about our safety? Surely, we'll encounter some monsters on the way."

Venus-sama only nodded with a smile.

"That's when the hunters of the Moonlight Mercenary Guild will take place. All of the hunters present here in Epiphyllum will escort all of you to Bluebells safely. And also, Grandma Jill offered to help with the evacuation. With the guild's hunters, a Q-rank witch and her disciple, all of you will safely arrive Bluebells."

The crowd heaved a sigh of relief. After that, a small petite hand was raised. A little girl holding a teddy bear walked out from the crowd with her right hand held high, obviously wanting to ask a question

"Miss Mayor, what about the demon? With... with the hunters escorting us, who will fight the demon?"

"Don't worry little girl. We've got our town's Prodigy Hunter to defeat the demon!" Venus-sama carelessly shouted before pointing towards my direction.

Instantly, the crowd all turned to look at me. I couldn't help but curse Venus-sama in my heart. How shameless! She nonchantly gave the heavy burden for me to shoulder.

I heaved out a sigh. With the people of Epiphyllum relying on me, I should not disappoint them.

"Okay." I squeezed out through gritted teeth.

The crowd cheered.

I almost fainted on the spot. Curse you Venus-sama!

"Right, now I want you all to prepare in an orderly manner. We'll be leaving at six 'o clock sharp. Nobody will come late or i'll sacrifice you to the fire demon."

The crowd instantly shuddered because of Venus-sama's threat. Despite her kind face, the people here already know Venus-sama's hidden attitude. She'll be a merciless devil if her orders are not well-executed. Another reason why Epiphyllum is this peaceful and orderly.

"Disperse."

With that order, the crowd instantly disappeared. Obviously scared of provoking Venus-sama.

I looked at Venus-sama who is giving me a cheeky smile.

"What was that earlier?!"

"What?" She asked innocently.

"I knew there's something wrong with the mission you said a few moments ago. Why I haven't realised it earlier?! Clearly in the otome game, this kind of event shouldn't exist!" I shouted carelessly.

"Otome game?"

I shut my mouth, realizing what i've said earlier.

"Otome game... ugh, it's a food i've recently discovered! Yes, food! Speaking of food, i'm hungry!"

The three scratched their heeads while Venus-sama only nodded, as if what i've just said earlier is normal. She knew that i'm a glutton. So me acting this way always happen.

"Then eat before fighting with the demon. You might faint in the middle of the fight." Seven said while grumbling.

I nodded continuously, "Sure, sure."

I heaved a sigh of relief. In that exact moment, Grandma Jill popped out in front of me.

Startled, the three jump back from fright. I only shrug. I already felt her presence before she appeared.

"Here, eat dearie. I've heard that you were asking for food." Grandma Jill offered before handing me the basket she's holding.

"Thanks-

"That's five pieces of ameth for the delivery."

I frowned before giving her the payment.

"Grandma Jill, did you bring the books I told you?" I asked.

Grandma Jill nodded before she flicked her fingers and four books appeared in front of us.

"What's this?" Grey asked.

"A book." I replied earning a glare from him.

"I mean, what for?" Grey asked again impatiently.

"To read."

Grey clenched his fist, "Why you...!"

"Calm down Grey. And you, answer the questions seriously. What are all of these for?" Shade asked before smacking my head.

"To read. To prepare. We'll be fighting a fire demon so atleast we should learn what we are fighting and know its weakness." I said with a shrug.

Grandma Jill patted the books, "Each of you, take one book to read. Each book focuses on your element, so Shade will take the black one, the white one is for Grey, the blue one with golden linings is for Seven and the old and tattered dark gray one is for Amber."

My lips started twitching when I saw the book Grandma Jill ordered for me to read. Is she that biased that i'm the only one whose book is old and tattered?

"Seriously?"

She only nodded.

I gave the book a scan of all the pages. After that, I gave the book back to Grandma Jill.

"Done."

Photographic memory. I easily memorized the book with just a flip. A trait that I also have in my previous life.

Grandma Jill nodded before waving her hands and the dirty dark gray book disappeared and was replaced with a dozen different colored books that are still old and tattered.

"Read."

I only nodded before turning to look at the three who are gaping at me.

"What?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 7.6K 28
My name is Aika asami, a normal teenage girl who just died from saving an unknown child from being hit by a car assuming that I'm already died, a voi...
290K 13.7K 109
To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to wake up in one of those japanese romance...
140K 4.6K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
136K 4.7K 19
Aiko (meaning: little love) was always a cheerful kid and only child. After her parents were in a car accident after trying to pick her up at her day...