In the Dark

Od Merrrrrrlin_17

Melanie and Sarah take a summer trip to England hoping to meet her favorite band. Will something change her m... Více

In the Dark
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 8

40 1 4
Od Merrrrrrlin_17

When we are done at the venue, we all go to Louis’ flat. “So, who’s up for a game of truth or dare?” Louis smirks. 

Most of the group says yes, except Harry. “Sorry Haz, but everyone else does” Liam says. 

“I’ll go first. Ariona, truth or dare?” I ask her

“Truth, just because I know you all too well” 

“Alright, if you were to make out with anybody in this room right now, who would it be?” I smirk at her. 

“Ugh, you always make me say something like that. But if I had to, I would choose Niall” She loves One Direction, and has a thing for Niall. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry slump down a little bit. “Alright, Ariona, your turn to ask” Louis tells her

“I know, I know. Liam, truth or dare?” 

“Dare” 

“Put an ice cube down your shorts until it melts” she smiles. He goes to the freezer, and puts the ice cube down his pants. He makes a few faces here and there, but nothing majorly hilarious. 

“Louis, truth or dare?” 

“Dare, obviously” 

“I dare you to play 7 minutes in heaven with Mel in the hall closet” There’s a hall closet? 

Louis takes my hand, and leads me to the closet. We go inside, and start a timer. We kiss for the first minute or so, when I push Louis away a little bit. 

“Louis, don’t you think we are taking things a little quickly?” I whisper. I don’t want them hearing us from the living room. 

“I’ll go as fast or slow as you want us to Mel. Believe me, I have had many second thoughts about taking things too quickly. The truth is, that I love you so much. Even before we had gone on a date, I knew I wanted to be your boyfriend” he whispers to me. 

“Louis, that makes me feel a lot better. I love you too” I begin kissing him again, this time trailing down to his jaw line, where I find his sweet spot. I begin to suck on the skin, and he lets out a moan. I go back to his lips, and he does the same to me, finding my sweet spot. I let out a moan as well, and the timer goes off. We ignore it and just continue for about 5 more minutes. 

When we leave the closet, we hear a bunch of giggling. I walk into the living room, and I get a few wolf whistles. 

“That was way more than 7 minutes, but I’ll take it” Liam laughs. 

“Alright lads, back to business. Harry, truth or dare?” 

“Oh no, I’m going truth” 

“Kiss Ariona on the lips for 5 seconds” the first thing that came to my mind was Does Harry like Ariona? They both blush furiously, and look at each other. I see Harry whisper something to Ariona, then kiss her. 

The game basically becomes Dare or Dare at this point. “Mel, Truth or Dare?” 

“Dare, I’m not a chicken”

“Alright, I dare you to.................. sit in your bra for the rest of the game” 

This is when I get uncomfortable. I am a little overweight, and I hide it. I hate wearing bikinis, so I wear something to cover my stomach. 

“About that...”

“You said you weren’t a chicken”

I look at Louis and Sarah. They both know my secret, but I don’t want to tell the rest of them. Louis smiles at me and nods his head. 

I take my tank top off, leaving me in just my bra. 

“Alright, my turn. Niall, Truth or Dare?” 

“Dare” 

I have had this dare planned for years. I vowed that if I ever met One Direction, this would be my first dare to Niall. “Niall James Horan, I dare you-

“Oh shit” I hear him mumble

“to give a 2 minute lap dance to one of the girls in this room” I smile evilly. I grin at him, and he just glares at me. 

“Hell no, I’m not doing it” 

“Oh, what is our punishment for not going through with a dare lads?’ Louis smiles

“Well, tonight it is sleep in the bathtub” 

“I’ll do it” 

Niall ends up being the only one to sleep in a bathtub tonight, all thanks to me. 

“Mel- okay, I need to come up with a better nickname for you- where did you come up with that dare for Niall?” Louis asks me

“Oh, that’s just something I’ve always said I would do if I ever played truth or dare with One Direction” 

He is about to say something somewhat relevant, when he just blurts out “MINI! One of my relatives was going to name her daughter Melanie, but it was a boy, so they named him Toby. But anyway, they were going to nickname her Mini! That’s what a baby sounds like saying your name anyway!” 

“It’s cute, I like it” I smile at him. 

“Anyway, what movie do you wanna watch?” 

“Um, tonight, I don’t really care. Whatever” I reply. I go into the bathroom while he is setting the movie up, to brush my teeth. When I look in the mirror, I am kind of satisfied. I’ve been losing weight lately, because I wake up early and run every day. 

“Louis, before the movie starts, I have something to tell you” I look at him, and he looks worried. “I’ve been running every morning for about a week now. Do you wanna join me tomorrow?” 

“Mel, do you realize what it can do to you? Don’t yo-

“Yes Louis, but it has been building my stomach strength back up. I’ve been fine. You can come join me tomorrow, but I’m warning you, it’s early” 

“Fine, just to make sure that you don’t get hurt” 

We go to bed that night, and wake up early the next morning. I’m dressed in my usual running outfit, a sports bra, basketball shorts, and my running shoes. I grab my arm band, for my phone. “Come on Louis, I’m leaving without you if you aren’t down here in 2 minutes!” I yell up the stairs. 

It’s 6:00. Normally I start running at like 5:45, but Louis changed that today. 

When he finally comes downstairs, we head straight outside. I get my music set up again, and Louis is just standing there. “I’m going to listen to music while I run. It keeps me concentrated. I usually just do like 3 laps or so around the block. You can ride a bike if you want to” 

“Nahh, I’m good. I think I can keep up” 

I start jogging, with Louis already trailing behind me. 

When I pick up my pace a little, I hear Louis say something, but choose to ignore him to remain focused. If I want to play softball in the olympics, that is crucial. I begin running faster, and look behind me. Louis is at a stop. He turns around to the flat, and gets his bike.  

I finish my first lap, and Louis is coming up behind me. I tell myself that Louis won’t catch me, so I pick up my speed a little more. I finish my second lap, and sprint for the third. Louis still hasn’t caught up to me, and he is actually half a lap behind me. 

When I finish, I do a fourth lap as a cool down, and jog. 

Louis stays at the flat and just waits for me. When I get back, he is on the couch, still breathing heavily. “I don’t know how you do it” he says in between breaths. 

“Well, I’ve been playing softball for about 5 years now, and I used to do this every day anyway. Now, I’m going to go shower. I feel nasty” I jog up the steps and take my daily shower. 

As I finish, I put my robe on. I find my outfit for today, including the show for tonight. I chose some classic jean shorts, a white cami, a batman crop top tank, and some sneaker wedges. I blow dry my hair, and apply makeup. It’s now 8:42, and Louis hasn’t said a peep since right after the run. I get dressed and go downstairs to find a note for me in the kitchen 

Mel, 

Come out to the car when you are ready

xxLouis :)

I go out to the car, and hop in. 

“What are we doing?” 

“Well, we’re going house hunting, like you promised me you would” he smiles. 

When we arrive at the cute neighborhood, close to their current flat, a realtor steps out of his car. 

“Hi, I’m Mark. I’ll be your realtor for today. Are there any houses that you have in mind as you drove by?” 

“Yeah, I liked the one a couple doors down from here actually” Louis says. I don’t know why he decided to come out this early, normally we do nothing the entire day, then go to the show. 

Mark takes us to the house Louis liked, and when we stepped inside, it was amazing. It was huge. We walked through, and Mark told us there were 4 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms. 

“What do you think, Mini?” I chuckle at his new nickname for me. 

“I like it, can we see the yard?” I ask 

“Sure, right this way. Now you have a huge backyard with an in-ground pool” I gasp at the sight. It is gorgeous. 

**Louis’ POV**

I knew that when we walked into this house, that this was the one I saw from my dream the other night. When I walked into the backyard, I saw the pool. I know this is the house we should live in, and that Mel and I will raise our children in. 

“Mark, I really like this house. I want to buy it. Full price offer” I tell him. He makes a phone call, and leaves me to talk to Mel for a minute. 

“Mel, would you like to live here with me? I think this will be a cute house to start our relationship in” I smile at her

“Of course, Louis. I just don’t want you to feel like I am tearing you away from your bandmates. I mean, we really only see them at rehearsals or the shows” She looks concerned

“Mel, don’t worry about it. I love you, and the lads understand that. I haven’t loved anyone this much, at all really. My last girlfriend caused a major scene at one of our interviews, and I knew it was time to break it off with her. I thought that there might not be anyone else out there for me, but then I met you. When I first met you, my first thought was man she’s hot. Then I got to know you better, and realized I really liked you” 

“Awww, Louis, that’s so sweet” 

Mark came back into the room, and said “Great news Mr. Tomlinson, you got it. You can move in as soon as you’d like. Congratulations” He shakes my hand. 

We go to our flat, and the lads are just now waking up. Granted we were up fairly late last night, even I’m awake. And it’s nearly 10 am. When the lads are awake and gathered around, I decide to tell them. They might think that we are moving things quickly, but I know that I love her and want to marry her. 

“Lads, listen up. Mel and I have an announcement” She comes to my side, and I put my arm around her. 

“Woah, is this what I think it is?” Harry asks, dirty minded shit. 

“No, it isn’t. I bought my own house this morning. I want you lads to come see it before the show tonight. Now don’t think I’m doing this because of Mel, but because I feel as though I can manage on my own now” 

“We know Lou. We respect that from you” Zayn replied. 

“Why don’t we go see this new place at say, 12?” Liam asked

**Mel’s POV**

“Alright. Go get ready lads, you only have about an hour and a half” man am I beginning to sound like a brit. I haven’t even been here for two months! 

We sit around and wait for the rest of the lads to get ready when Liam comes to the living room. 

“Hey Liam” I say

“Hey Mel, what’s up?” 

“Nothing really, just excited for the future” 

“Understandable. So, not to be creepy, but how are things with Lou?” 

“They’re great. Well, he’s been taking care of me since my surgery, so I feel like I owe him. Do you know of anything that makes him super happy?” 

“Before you showed up, the only thing that would get him this happy is when he got to see his family”

“I see. So, how are things with you?” 

“They’re great. I’ve been getting along with Sarah quite well. I’m thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend. Is there anything that she really likes?” 

“Well, she really likes fairs, carnivals, things of that nature, and she likes going to the beach” 

“Great, I have the perfect plan now, thanks Mel” he gets off the sofa, kisses my cheek, then runs out the door. 

“What was that?” Louis asks not really concerned, but just curious. 

“I gave him the perfect idea about how to ask Sarah to be his girlfriend” 

“Okay. Hey, do you want to invite Ariona over to see the house?” 

“Yeah, can I? That’s a great idea!” 

“Of course love” I leave to call Ariona, but her phone goes straight to voicemail. I wait about 2 minutes, then try again. 

“Hey, what’s up?” she sounds out of breath

“Nothing, what’s going on over there?” 

“Oh my phone was across the room and I didn’t want to get it. When you called the second time, I thought it was something important” she chuckled

“Since when am I not- never mind. Do you want to go see the new house Louis just bought that we will be living in?” 

“Sure” 

“Alright. Come to this address at 12. Even the rest of the band will be there” I say

“Shuttup.” 

“Make me. You know you love Mr. Horan” 

“I’ll see you at 12” she hung up on me

I go back in the living room, and Zayn is the only one not ready. “ZAYN, HURRY UP! IF YOU’RE NOT DOWN HERE IN 10 MINUTES, WE’RE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!!!!” Louis yells up the stairs. 

In the meantime, I decide to go on twitter. I apparently need to check that more often, because I have over 10,000 more followers. As I scroll through my mentions, I see a bunch of hate. I’ve read too many stories about the girl leaving because the fans got to her, but I am strong. I will not back down from a girl that wants to be with all of One Direction. I close out of twitter, and Zayn finally comes downstairs. “Alright let’s go” we all pile into one vehicle, and head to Louis’ new house. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Alright, I have been waiting to upload this chapter forever!!! Please let me know what you think, I really appreciate it <3 

~Melanie<3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.4K 105 33
193 2 1
2.3M 17.4K 64
Sophie was living her dream, having the summer of her life in London. When she finally thought she had her whole life figured out she met Niall Horan...