The Day I Became a Serial Kil...

By MushyMarshmellow

This suspenseful novel won't let you down. Enter the mind of a Serial Killer. 17-year-old senior in high scho... More

Chapter 2: Tragedy
Chapter 3: Insane
Chapter 4: I'm Sorry
Chapter 5: Clean-Up
Chapter 6: Yes
Chapter 7: Not Safe
Chapter 8: Still Here
Chapter 9: Ricin
Chapter 10: Sick Game
Chapter 11: From White to Red
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: The Hard Way
Chapter 14: Brother
Chapter 15: Wrapped In Roses
Chapter 16: Trapdoor
Chapter 17: The Unexpected
Chapter 18: Killer Party
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: No Regrets
Chapter 21: Hope To Die
Chapter 22: Red Everywhere
Chapter 23: A Familiar Face
Chapter 24: Blood Bag
Chapter 25: Coma
Chp. 26 news + Announcement
I LOVE you all
Thinking of you all ❤❤❤
I'M BACK (Chp. 26 Update!)
A few words... ❤

Chapter 1: A Terrible Accident

36K 1K 1.1K
By MushyMarshmellow

I stuck a shovel into the ground to bury my victim. My hands shook repeatedly due to the eerie feeling that crept up my body. A body right beside me, lifeless.

Police sirens were heard from a distance. "My life is over," I thought. I walked out onto the road where the police would eventually reach me. I didn't put my hands up to surrender, nor did I move out the way. I stood there, looking forward as police cars drove toward me. "I'm ready to die."

12 weeks earlier...

A cold breeze brushed my exposed skin. Every exhale led to condensation. The wind pushed my dark sleek hair through the air. My teeth clattered as I rubbed my arms for warmth.

"Why didn't you bring a coat, Crystal?" My friend, William asked.

"I was in a hurry," I replied.

The bus's tires screeched across the dark pavement. The bus door made the sounds of air pressure when it opened. I sat beside William on the bus.

William was my best friend. The sun always shone off of his chocolate-brown hair. He always looked cool with a cap on, listening to music on his headphones. "Hey, so what are your plans for after high school?" He always asked about my future plans, even though I'd told him about 100 times already. "Well, I plan to go to college. Then, maybe have a family or something. I have always wanted to go to Paris." I replied.

William always annoyed me in his own unique way, but I didn't know what I'd do without him. I've known the guy since the third grade, now in my senior year of high school alongside him.

The bus arrived at my school after a ten-minute drive. "Hey Crystal, are you coming over today?" William asked, stepping off the bus. William always enjoyed when I came over his house. We'd watch horror movies together and piss our pants. "Yeah, I'll be over after school."

William and I headed to class shortly after the morning bell had rung. I was a huge fan of the first period, but others didn't seem to think so.

"So... what is history?" Mr. Allen asked.

Half the class asleep, and the other half waiting silently for one of their peers to answer, I broke the awkward silence.

"History is the study of past events."

"You are correct, Crystal."

Yeah, I was the smart girl in class. I took my education seriously, or at least somewhat. My life was already planned out like one of those house blueprints. One of my main goals in life was to take a trip to Paris. I'd always wanted to go there and view Paris from the Eiffel Tower.

"Okay students, chapter seven, Civil War."

Lunch had come the fourth period. William and I always sat next to each other at lunch along with a few other friends. That was the highlight of lunch, sitting with friends. But, the lunch itself wasn't.

"Here you go," The lunch lady said as she plopped what looked like dog dung onto my plate.

"Thanks," I said with a fake smile on my face.

I sat next to William, across from Tom. Right beside Tom sat Trisha. We were the four stooges.

"What... the hell... is this?" William asked as he wore a face of disgust, holding the dog dung with a spoon.

"I don't know, and don't want to know."

Joslyn, the Queen-Bitch of high school approached us and I knew it wasn't going to be good. She'd been harassing me and William since middle school, and it's come to the point where I have had it.

"Oh look, it's Ugly and the Beast!" Joslyn said as her friends giggled. I HATED HER. I wish I could tear off her slutty lips that were covered in shiny red lipstick. I got so mad one time that I threatened to kill her in front of everyone, which nearly got me expelled. Every time she spoke, I felt like squeezing a baby kitten until its eyes popped out. Though, I loved kittens.

"Joslyn, is there ever a day where you go without wearing red on those crusty-ass shit stains you call lips?" I asked, annoyed.

"Listen here, Crystal. I wear whatever I want when I want. Got it?"

What a bitch. Joslyn stood with two girls beside her. Brittany and Jasmine, her little 'crew'. "See you tomorrow, Crystal," Me and William clenched our fists at the same time, full of anger.

"I hate her," William said.

"I know. We just have to learn to ignore it."

The end of the day came and I was ready to head home. The wind pushed me as I tried to keep a steady balance. The road leading to my William's home was blocked off by construction which resulted in my only route: the woods.

Twigs cracked as I walked along the dead grass in the way. I walked along the public path that hikers visited daily. I felt like someone was following me, making me tense. I was cautious to where I was walking because there were rocks everywhere. Sharp rocks to be exact, making me nervous.

I thought I heard something, making me freeze. A twig cracked, making me confused because I wasn't walking. I turned around swiftly and saw her. Joslyn.

"Hey, Crystal! Trying to get home?"

"What the hell do you want? Why are you following me?"

"Because you talked shit during lunch. That made me very upset." Joslyn said as she put down her purse, then began taking off her earrings and high heels. She wanted to fight me. She pulled out her phone and pointed it at me.

"Say hi to the camera, Crystal. To all the people who will watch you getting your ass beat, by me."

"Listen, I'm just trying to get home. Leave me and William alone from now on, Joslyn."

"I don't think so, you little skank!"

She held her phone out, pressing the record button on her phone. Joslyn was on the edge of a steep hill, giving me ideas. I tried to hold in my anger, but I couldn't. "Hey, RedGate High! Look who I found here. Crystal Garrix."

I approached her slowly, warning her to leave. My anger issues weren't doing well with Joslyn. "The #1 ugly bitch of High School, Everyone!... And the winner is... Crystal Garrix!"

My inner-demon forced me to rush toward her, pushing her back. She dropped her phone as it flew down the steep hole. Joslyn tumbled over several rocks, falling at least 20 feet down. It wasn't the fall that killed her... it was the rocks. I didn't think it would kill her, I thought she would break her nails or her high heels would slip off. The steep hill didn't go that far down, making me confident she wouldn't be hurt majorly.

I snapped out of it, realizing what I'd done. "Oh God." A tear ran down my cheek. "Joslyn? Are you okay?" She didn't respond, nor did she move. A ding went off on my phone. It was William. He'd sent me a text message.

William: You coming over?

Me: Yeah, I'll be there soon. I have some stuff to handle, first.

William: Ok, I'll be waiting. ;)

"What am I going to do?" I was too afraid to touch her. I covered my mouth as more tears emerged from my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

I couldn't go to jail. I had a future planned. No college would accept me if I'd been to jail for murder. I began to weep. I became desperate, making me think of the unthinkable. "I have to hide her."

I wiped my tears, looking at her lifeless body. Where would I put her body? I grabbed my backpack, not knowing what to do, running to William's house. I began to sniffle, speeding my pace.

20 Minutes later, I reached William's house. I knocked on his door like a maniac. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! The door flew open. "Jesus Crystal, You've never been this excited about coming over before." He noticed my tears. "Whoa, are you okay?" I pushed through him as he closed the door behind us.

"Crystal, what's wrong?"

"I..., I..." I said, stuttering whilst sobbing.

William wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry on his shoulders. I muffled, trying to speak. "Shh." He whispered, rubbing my back. He was too kind, forcing me to tell him the truth.

"Joslyn... she... she's dead." I muffled.

"What? Wait... what?"

He couldn't believe what I'd told him, and neither could I. He grasped his hands on my shoulders. "What are you talking about?" I didn't know how I was going to explain it to him. Especially, since it was Joslyn.

"I killed Joslyn."

"What?"

"She followed me into the woods. She recorded me and said she was going to hurt me... and... I... pushed her down a hole. It was an accident... I didn't think it'd hurt her or anything."

"What the hell, Crystal! We have to call your dad."

My dad was the town sheriff, making me more worried. I don't know what he'd do if he found out I killed someone. I didn't mean to do it. I thought. I swear.

"No, we cannot tell my dad about this!"

"Crystal, I have to call the police! If I don't, then I will be an accomplice in this crime. I have a future planned too. I won't let that be ruined!"

"William, I am begging you."

I gave him puppy-dog eyes. He looked downward in hesitation. He was thinking about it. Please say yes, please say yes, I thought.

"Fine. But, if it comes the time when I need to tell your dad, I will."

I sighed in relief. "Thanks, Wil-," I was interrupted by police sirens whirring across the streets as police cars sped by. William and I ran to the windows to view the ruckus.

"Oh, God."

"What?" William asked, confused.

"William, I think they found the body," I said.

William froze. He let go of the window curtain. He stood straight, turning at me slowly. I felt uncomfortable. He gave me a look of disbelief.

"You-you left... her body there?"

"What did you expect me to do? Drag her here? I didn't know where to put her!"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe bury her or hide her in a ditch or something, I don't know!"

"I was in shock, William. I wasn't thinking straight."

"Crystal, did you touch her at all?"

"No."

"Did you touch any of her belongings?"

"N-," I stopped.

I realized the biggest mistake I'd made, and possibly the last. "Her phone...."

"What?"

It hit me. I left evidence behind. How could I be so stupid? "She was recording with her phone. She was recording our fight the whole time."

"You didn't think to grab it?!"

"I was too terrified to think, William!"

William sighed. "How could someone have found her already?"

"William, it's a public path through the woods that several people go to every day to hike," I explained.

The door opened, making my heart drop. I sighed on the inside when I saw it was William's mother. "Hey, sweetie. I'm gonna be out of town for a few days. I'm going upstairs to pack." She gave William a kiss on the cheek, noticing I was beside him. "Hello, Crystal." I smiled, giving her acceptance to walk by.

"What are we going to do about my mom?" William whispered, freaking out.

"We don't tell her anything. We can't tell anyone. If someone asks you anything, just deny it. We have to keep this between us or else it's all over."

"Okay, just get to her body before the police do. We can't let the police see that video."

"I can't. I need to get home first! The police are probably at my house right now! I need to get to my family! I have to go!" I said running out the door.

"Crystal, wait!" William shouted as I ran out his home.

When I got home, my father was already home with his police car parked outside. When I walked in, I saw he was sitting at our kitchen table, facing the opposite side of me. Luckily, no police. I attempted to tip-toe upstairs.

"Crystal, come here." He said.

My heart dropped. I had never been more terrified in my life. I walked slowly to the kitchen, dropping my backpack near my seat as I sat. He pulled out a phone and lay it on the table. It was Joslyn's phone.

Oh shit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/26/2017

Thanks for reading Chapter One of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the first chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Two is out now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 97.1K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...