Beautiful Silence- Chenry

By pastelasscheex

Charlotte stops wondering what it means to live a normal life, when the boy of her dreams sweeps her off he f... More

■ ~1~ ■
■~2~■
■~3~■
■~4~■
■~5~■
■~6~■
■~7~■
■~8~■
■~9~■
■~10~■
■~11~■
■~12~■
■~13~■
■~14~■
■~15~■
■~16~■
■~18~■
■~19~■
■~20~■
■~21~■
■~22~■
■~23~■
■~24~■
■~25~■
■~26~■
■~27~■
■~28~■
■~29~■
■~30~■

■~17~■

3K 162 51
By pastelasscheex

Charlotte's POV-

After Kid Danger left, I slipped a pair of comfortable converse on and left the house to meet Henry at Junk and stuff where he worked.

He wasn't gonna believe that I had actually met Captain Man's cute side kick and plus I had to tell him about what happened... And why he never answered my texts.

When I got there, a curly headed boy at the register looked up and smiled slowly.

"Ohh, so you must be Charlotte."

I blinked at the boy.

"You speak sign language?"

I signed.

He just stared at me.

"Uhh, no comprende senorita?"

He shrugged.

"Jasper, she's deaf not Hispanic."

Just then Henry came out from behind a trestle of beads and grabbed my hand.

"Char... This is Jasper."

He signed, motioning towards the boy.

"Nice to meet you, Jasper."

I signed back, smiling. I was just bursting to tell Henry about Kid Danger.

"What did she say?"

Jasper nudged Henry, excitedly.

"Cool it Jasp, she said it's nice to meet you... Now if you'll excuse us I gotta get back to work and Charlotte has to come with me."

"Aw... I wanted her to stay, it's get lonely up here by myself."

Jasper pouted.

"Tough, come on Char."

Henry pulled on my hand and I waved goodbye to Jasper. He waved back.

Henry pulled me through the trellis of beads... Then he stopped.

"Damn it..."

He turned to face me.

"Charlotte you have to promise me not to tell anyone else about what you're about to see... Okay?"

Henry gave me a very deep and serious look while signing.

I nodded.

"I promise Henry, but what-"

Henry pressed the button on the wall and a pair of trap steel elevator doors closed around us.

"Henry, what-"

Before I had a chance to complete my sign the elevator dropped and I screamed while holding onto Henry for dear life.

He was not bothered by the ghastly drop.

When the elevator came to an abrupt stop I sank to my knees.

"Yeah, probably should have warned you about that..."

Henry helped me to stand again as the elevator doors slid open.

I grabbed his hand and stood up, stepping out of that death trap of an elevator.

The room we entered was a vast change of atmosphere compared to the cluttered, nostalgic setting upstairs.

"What is this place?"

I signed Henry, looking around in wonder.

"Uh-"

"Henry!"

Just then a man wearing way too-tight skinny jeans and blue chucks came from behind a revolving gear... Wall?

He walked past me with a quick smile and grabbed Henry by his shoulder, yanking him off to the side.

"One sec, Char."

Henry held up a finger. I nodded and walked over to an impressive panel of buttons, controls, and screen monitors.

This looked like some kind of under cover operating room.

Just what kind of work does Henry do here?

[Henry and Ray]

"Henry, have you lost the last shred of your damn mind?! What is she going down here?!"

Ray hissed.

Henry didn't understand what the big deal was.

"What? I mean she can't tell anyone about the Mancave Ray, are you forgetting she's deaf? And besides, I trust her."

Henry glanced over at Charlotte. She sat in a swivel chair, twirling herself around.

She looked so cute. Henry brushed that thought away and tried to concentrate.

"Henry, you do realize that you'll have to tell her you're Kid Danger now right?"

Ray gave Henry and skeptical look. Henry had just now thought of that.

"Ugh..."

He face palmed himself. This was not how he planned on telling her.

And now it was only gonna make things even more awkward between them.

Charlotte will not only get freaked out that she kissed him, she'll never want to see him again for not telling he was Kid Danger.

"Should have thought about that before you brought her down here, genius."

Ray rolled his eyes and walked away from Henry.

"Maybe I won't have to."

He said to himself. I don't want to tell her here. Not now. It's not the right place.

Charlotte looked over at him. Then her eyes lit up and she hopped down from the swivel chair.

"Henry! I almost forgot to tell you about this morning! There was a robbery at your house and you won't believe it, Kid Danger actually came to save me!"

Her signs were moving so fast, Henry could hardly read them.

"Whoa, slow down Char."

He grabbed her hands. Charlotte looked up at him, her dark brown eyes were glittering.

Henry gazed at her. His chest was getting tight again. She had no idea.

Charlotte looked down at her hands. He hadn't realized he was still holding them.

"Sorry."

Henry blushed and let her go.

"Yeah, I believe you Charlotte... I know what happened."

He signed back to her.

She looked puzzled.

"How? I tried to text you a million times but you never answered me."

She was now looking a little upset... As if he had let her down. Henry never wanted to see that look on her face aimed at him.

He had been there for her... She just didn't know that.

It was hard. All of this was hard. Lying to her, keeping his super hero identity a secret.

Everything was getting harder and harder for him to hide.

Henry cleared his throat and searched for a quick excuse.

"Uh, my phone was dead... But my boss Ray, told me all about it and I'm glad to see Kid Danger took care of it."

It was the only thing he could think of to say. And it felt weird to say even that.

"He's so amazing, Henry."

Charlotte glanced away from him, with dreamy eyes. He wasn't 100% sure she believed him.

But he did know that she was falling in love with Kid Danger... Right before his eyes.

Charlotte's POV-

I can tell Henry is hiding something from me. I just don't know what. This strange place. The looks. The secretive meeting with that guy.

What kind of secret is Henry Hart trying to hide from me?

    💞 Thanks for reading! From 💞 Nations101 and Annaleese_Parker!

If you liked this chapter be sure to leave a comment and vote! 💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.1K 2.4K 12
Beauty is skin deep.
6.3K 115 32
With Charlotte's past fading away, she thinks she'll be able to enjoy her life. Is she right or will she sink even further than before.
12.3K 365 18
Charlotte Page is a Freshman in college wanting to chase dreams. She soon meets Henry after the two start hanging out as friends but what happens whe...
171K 3.8K 55
[completed] ❝ 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬. ❞ in which a teenage girl kills her best friend. #1 henryd...