■~17~■

Charlotte's POV-

After Kid Danger left, I slipped a pair of comfortable converse on and left the house to meet Henry at Junk and stuff where he worked.

He wasn't gonna believe that I had actually met Captain Man's cute side kick and plus I had to tell him about what happened... And why he never answered my texts.

When I got there, a curly headed boy at the register looked up and smiled slowly.

"Ohh, so you must be Charlotte."

I blinked at the boy.

"You speak sign language?"

I signed.

He just stared at me.

"Uhh, no comprende senorita?"

He shrugged.

"Jasper, she's deaf not Hispanic."

Just then Henry came out from behind a trestle of beads and grabbed my hand.

"Char... This is Jasper."

He signed, motioning towards the boy.

"Nice to meet you, Jasper."

I signed back, smiling. I was just bursting to tell Henry about Kid Danger.

"What did she say?"

Jasper nudged Henry, excitedly.

"Cool it Jasp, she said it's nice to meet you... Now if you'll excuse us I gotta get back to work and Charlotte has to come with me."

"Aw... I wanted her to stay, it's get lonely up here by myself."

Jasper pouted.

"Tough, come on Char."

Henry pulled on my hand and I waved goodbye to Jasper. He waved back.

Henry pulled me through the trellis of beads... Then he stopped.

"Damn it..."

He turned to face me.

"Charlotte you have to promise me not to tell anyone else about what you're about to see... Okay?"

Henry gave me a very deep and serious look while signing.

I nodded.

"I promise Henry, but what-"

Henry pressed the button on the wall and a pair of trap steel elevator doors closed around us.

"Henry, what-"

Before I had a chance to complete my sign the elevator dropped and I screamed while holding onto Henry for dear life.

He was not bothered by the ghastly drop.

When the elevator came to an abrupt stop I sank to my knees.

"Yeah, probably should have warned you about that..."

Henry helped me to stand again as the elevator doors slid open.

I grabbed his hand and stood up, stepping out of that death trap of an elevator.

The room we entered was a vast change of atmosphere compared to the cluttered, nostalgic setting upstairs.

"What is this place?"