Adopted By Lin-Manuel Miranda

By rueth_

In which Bailey West is fostered and adopted by Lin-Manuel Miranda. More

the sky's the limit
i'll make the world safe and sound for you
you outshine the morning sun, my son
i am the one thing in life i can control
from your sister, who is always by you're side
i looked up and the town had it's eyes on me
we'll pass it onto you, we'll give the world to you
write like you're running out of time
when you're livin' on your knees you rise up
a million things i haven't done
passionately smashing every expectation
boy you got me helpless
laurens, i like you a lot
and my heart went boom
let's go upstate
someday i would blow us all away
i'm not falling behind
i know i dont deserve you
love doesn't discriminate
what time is it
look at where we are
for just a moment
so many have tried
that never used to happen before
the world turned upside down
close to my chest
click-boom
and it happened
stay alive
how lucky we are to be alive right now
you should've told me
the world will never be the same
that would be enough
grab a friend, thats your second
and i'm a little nervous but i can't show it
we move as one
we cry and we break
living is harder
what to say to you
and i thought i was so smart
my life is gon' be fine
do not throw away your shot
i'm about to change your life
we dream in the dark for the most part
that's what i'm talking about
wise up
i was louder than the crack in the bell
remember from here on in
you are the worst, burr
take a break
it's a dream and it's a bit of a dance
i will never be satisfied
include women in the sequel
i guess i better think of something to say
summon all the courage you require
soon that attitude may be your doom
teach 'em how to say goodbye
:)

stand with me

2.5K 62 24
By rueth_

"Bailey you okay?" Lin asked me and sat next to me on my bed about 2 hours later.
"I don't know." I reply honestly.
"I know Mija." Lin kissed my forehead. "We'll get it figured out."
"I don't feel good." I complain, covering myself in a third blanket.
"I know you're probably just stressed about everything-"
"No," I cut him off, "It's like all here," I point to the top of my neck, right below my chin, "and here," I run my fingers across the bridge of my nose, "and I have a headache. I just want to sit by my self and complain."
Lin smiles slightly, "I can get you ibuprofen and sinus medicine but that's the best I can do for now."
"Lin?" I ask as he stands up. "Why does Connor want custody?" Lin sighs and sits back down.
"Connor feels he deserves custody because he knew your brother and has known you your entire life, when we've only known you for three months- ish."
"That's dumb though!" I protest, "I'm the one that had to reach out to him and he hasn't even tried to text me since he left." Lin shrugged.
"I don't know- don't make me say that again, you know I don't like not knowing things." Lin joked and I rolled my eyes.
"Ok... you're dismissed." I laugh.
"Call Jonathan by the way, today is his birthday." I nod as Lin walked out.
I quickly type Jon's number and wait for him to answer me.
"What's up B?" Jonathan asked and I smiled.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled obnoxiously and heard Jon swear under his breath.
"Jesus child you usually aren't that loud on the phone so I had my phone turned all the way up right next to my ear." I laugh at him. "But thank you."
"Can I sing?"
"You really don't have to-"
"I'm gonna sing." I sang very loudly, probably earning a complaint.
"Thank you Bailey." He said after I was done.
"Thank you for watching movies with me and buying me food and letting me help you mess with people. I love you." I say quickly and smile as Lin comes in.
"Thanks, I love you too Bailey, I'll see you later?" He asked.
"Yeah, ok bye."
"Bye bails."
"Man, I still haven't called him today, you beat me." Lin joked, handing me the medicine.
"Thank you, what should I wear?" I take the medicine and wait for an answer.
"It's nothing fancy just the cast will be there, and I know everyone is bringing food. Like we're bringing some like 2 liter sodas and water bottles, Thayne is going to bring cookies, we'll see how that works out, Anthony and Jazz are bringing Pizza's, Pippa is bringing chips. It's nothing fancy. Just like jeans, boots, and t shirt. It'll get cold later."
"Did I really need that entire explanation for jeans and boots." I laugh and Lin nods. "Do you want me to call Jon back." Lin nods again as I type in Jon's contact.
"Yes Bailey?"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GROFF!" Lin yells.
"OW! Geez you to?" Lin and I laugh. "Why are you and Bailey the exact same person?"
"Wait go get Sebastian." I tell Lin, leaving Jon unanswered. 
"Ahh yes a Miranda that I actually like." I roll my eyes at Jon as Lin calls for Sebastian. 
  "Jon!" Sebastian laughed.
"Hey bud!" Jon said lightly.
"Happy birthday!" Sebastian still had a little bit of a lisp, but it made us all laugh.
"Thanks buddy! Hey I have to get ready, see you guys in like a hour?" Lin nods.
"Yeah see you then." I confirm.
"Ok, love you guys bye."
"We love you bye." I hang up on Jon. "Ok I'm getting dressed now."
After I get Lin and Seb out I go to my closet. I put on a white tank top, then a loose grey t shirt over it. I grab some kind of dark jeans and put them on, cuffing them at the bottom. I put on some no-show socks and then slide on my grey and white shoes. I throw my maroon zip up hoodie on the bed for when I'm done. I walk to the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth. I put my hair into two low braids and spray body spray.

I grab my hoodie and phone then walk out to the living room, where Lin is struggling to get Sebastian ready.
"Need help." I ask and Lin nods desperately. "Go get ready, I have him."
"You're the best." Lin quickly kisses my forehead and hugs me.
"Were you giving daddy a hard time?" I ask Sebastian and he laughs. "Ok you need shoes." I slide on Sebastian's blue Toms. He's wearing khaki pants, a plain white t shirt, and, now, Navy shoes. "Which jacket do you want?" I hold up a Chuggington one and a Navy blue one with red and white stripes.
"That one!" He, surprisingly, chose the striped one.
"Ok." I put the sweatshirt on him as Lin walked out wearing jeans, a Hamilton shirt and tennis shoes.
"Is mommy coming?" Sebastian asked as Lin picked him up.
"Yeah she's gonna come hang for a little then take you home because it'll be past your bedtime, sound good homeboy?" Sebastian nodded. "Pictures then we're good."
I rolled my eyes and picked up Sebastian going to "the wall". I smiled as Lin pulled out his camera. We take another of us holding hands.
TIME SKIP TO THEATRE
"Hi Jon! Happy birthday!" I hug Jon as soon as I see him, which is pretty soon since we are like the first people there.
"Thank you for the third time Bailey." Jon kissed my cheek and I rolled my eyes.
"Just accept the attention geez." Lin laughs as he sets Sebastian on the ground.
"Hey Seb!" Jon said and Sebastian screamed and ran away, leaving Jon to chase him.
"Can I tumble Lin?" I asked as Lin set a bag of drinks on what I'm assuming is the snack table.
"Yeah but when people start coming stop." I nod and walk out to the stage, then throw my jacket to the side.
I throw some easy stuff to warm up, then start with real stuff, like halves and tucks.
"Woah." Daveed said as I did a front tuck to aerial. I guess Daveed showed up. "Please do not throw out your neck."
"I'm fine." I promise and pick up my jacket. "What's in the bag?" I ask and Daveed raises an eyebrow, walks to the middle of the stage and dumps the bag out. It's a bunch of coloring books and crayons. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that.
"See instead of helping Lin and Jon move the table out here we will color." I nod.
"Who's here?" I ask as I sit on the floor.
"Your family, me, Jazz and Ant, Pippa, Andrew, Carleigh, Oak and Renee and pretty much everyone else is on their way." I nod again and pick out a flower coloring book. "Seb come here!" Daveed yells and in runs little Seb, he must've just been following Lin around. "Look what I got for you!" Daveed hands him a train coloring book.
"Thanks!" Sebastian laughed sitting between us and grabbing some crayons.
"Thanks for the help Daveed." Lin says sarcastically as they set down the table.
"Hey I was entertaining your children!" Daveed defends and Lin shrugs. "COME COLOR."
"Make a plate then you can color." Lin says, motioning to Sebastian and I then turns to everyone else, because they were looking at him too. "I don't care what you guys wanna do about them, I can tell them what to do about food and stuff like that."
I nod and stand up. I grab a paper plate and put on a slice of pizza. I walk down the table and grab a handful of Salt and Vinegar chips. Some genius brought like 5 2 pound bags of candy- like what Gavin got me. I take some of the Sour Patch Kids and Swedish fish. Just because it's not the smartest idea doesn't mean I don't agree. I grab a water bottle and go back to my spot.
Everyone has gotten food and we're all sitting on the floor coloring and waiting for people to come. We're so entertaining you guys.
By the time everyone shows up I've been here for about a hour and a half.
"Let's play 20 questions! But like obviously more than 20." Andrew suggest and everyone agrees.
"Ok, Jon." Oak says, "What skill would you want to master."
"I like to eat," Jon starts, "So I would want to be like the best cook ever." Everyone nods, saying how it would be nice to be a good cook. Jon turns to Renee. "Renee if you could relive one day, what day would it be."
"Opening night no doubt." Renee says with no hesitation, "Ant."
"Hm." Everyone looks over at Anthony, who has been fairly quiet the entire time. He has four slices of pizza stacked on top of each other and is trying to eat them all at once. 
"What was your proudest moment." Anthony purses his lip. 
"Probably doing 21 Chump Street because it was like my first thing like that that was wasn't for school."
They continue to play for like another hour and even though it's only like 5:30 I'm getting tired.
"Lin," I whisper, because he's sitting right next to me. "I'm tired." Lin pushed my hair back and felt my forehead.
"You don't have a temperature. Just lay down, Vanessa ended up having to stay late so we will have to leave early anyway." I nod and lay on Lin's shoulder, continuing to listen to the conversation.
"Bails!" Daveed says and I look up, "First boyfriend?" I can tell they've run out of better questions but it's okay because this one is simple.
"Gavin." I reply and close my eyes.
"I'm hungry." Thayne complains.
"Then eat?" Pippa said, causing us all to laugh.
"We should do cake or whatever junk food you all brought." Lin suggest.
We all gather around the table with Jonathan in the middle. I had jumped on Jon's back because well, your girl wasn't walking.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" We all sing obnoxiously.
I tap Daveed's shoulder and motion for him to hand me a cupcake out of the box.
"Do you love me Jon?" I ask loud enough for everyone to hear me- and it's funny because literally everyone can see the cup cake except him.
"Yeah wh-" I cut him off by shoving the cupcake in his face.
"DAVEED!" I yell, and jump onto Daveed.
"DEMON CHILD." Jon yells wiping his face. "Daveed. Child down now."
"Sorry kid." Daveed sets me down and backs up. Everyone has backed up enough to form a circle around us.
"Phones away now." I demand as Jon grabs a cupcake, even though I see phones out. "Come one you guys can't do this to me. Thayne. Leslie. Lin. Come on guys."
"HAHAHA!" Jon yells throwing a cupcake at me.
"FIGHT ME!" I yell jokingly.
"Little girl I'm bigger than you." Jon laughs.
  "Your right I'm a little girl scared?" I ask. "Anthony come here." Anthony speed walks until he's next to me.
"Yes." Anthony stifles a laugh as he tried to wipe cupcake off my face.
"Carry me away!" I say dramatically and jump onto him. "LIN IM TIRED!" I yell as Anthony carried me off the stage.
"OK!" He yelled in reply. "COME SAY BYE AND THEN WE CAN LEAVE!"
"ANTHONY BACK!" Anthony laughs and takes me back to say bye to everyone.
"Bye Jonathan I actually do love you." I kiss his cheek and hug him.
"I love you too kid." 
That was really fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 1K 46
13 year old Lily was placed in foster care when she was 7. She has been through abusive home after abusive home. All she ever wanted was to be in a f...
62.7K 1.9K 68
"Sometimes I think the universe sets certain people out into the world like gifts meant for others, people whose purpose is to save someone else. Tha...
17.1K 373 37
Josephine Brandon is 12 years old and just a theater kid in the foster care system. Abusive home after abusive home. That's all Josie has ever known...
40.4K 1.3K 15
Lin Manuel Miranda, one of the most gifted, talented, and brilliant men the world has ever seen. While the success of his Broadway hit Hamilton conti...