Fiercer Than Fire

By _AcrossTheUniverse_

''Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those wh... More

Fiercer Than Fire
Brighter Than The Burn
A Stranger's Stare: Part I
Just Jared.
A Stranger's Stare: II
The Other Side
A Taste Of Another
Rumor Has It.
Increasing Inferno: I
Increasing Inferno: II
His Confliction
Detrimental Dares
Startling Sensations
Messy Memories
Ominous Occurrences
Absurd Agreements: I (redone)
Tremendously Tired
Frosty Firsts
Revolting Revelations
Another World
Loyalty Over Love
Phantom Presence
Whispered Visions
Tainted Time
IMPORTANT

Surely Shaken

804 52 9
By _AcrossTheUniverse_

Recap: 

I hailed a cab, and slid into it, my thoughts still revolving around what I had witnessed. Every single event that had taken place in my life after the supposed 'car crash' came slamming back into my head. I fixated on one certain event since all of them were quite overwhelming to think about: the out of body experience dream. 

I remembered something about the dream, that would prove whether or not I was crazy; whether I was becoming schizophranic or not. 

I tossed a couple of notes to the cab driver before racing into the hotel and towards my suite. Once I got into my room, I threw my bag on the side and found exactly what I was looking for. I flipped through the pages and gasped when I saw the words written.

I wasn't crazy. Everything that was happening was real. 

And the following note proved that to me:

'I'm real :)

Proof enough?

-Skye.'

Chapter Eleven: Surely Shaken 

Status: Not edited. 

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...” -Micheal Stipe.

-

“He was beautiful, that was always affirmed, but his beauty was hard to fix or to see, for he was always glimmering, flickering, melting, mixing, he was the shape of a shapeless flame, he was the eddying thread of needle-shapes in the shapeless mass of the waterfall. He was the invisible wind that hurried the clouds in billows and ribbons," -― A.S. Byatt, Ragnarok: The End of the Gods

-

"Delilah, I can explain," Nyle raised his hands and stepped closer to me as he spoke; his accent was just as thick -and hot- as it had sounded in my dream about him, and not as faint as it had been sounding for days. My heart thudded in my chest when he said my name, and I could see the caution flicker in his fire-like eyes as he did so. 

Once I had found the note Skye had left me, Nyle had suddenly materialized besides me. For some reason I wasn't freaked when he condensed into the air besides me, it was almost like I knew; like this deep feeling within me had warned me of his oncoming presence already.

For a second I was bewildered by what I had uncovered, and then waves of hurt and pain slammed against me and rendered me flabbergasted. 

Nyle had lied to me.

Nyle had made me think I was crazy.

Nyle hurt me. 

I felt tears cloud my vision and my hands began to shake. I couldn't understand what I was feeling. Is this how it feels to be heartbroken? Does your heart fill up with this much pain, and your mind feel like it's been ripped apart? If so then I was wrong about being heartbroken before, because I was definitely feeling that way now. 

I felt like I was someone else as the painful emotions tore through my system. The Delilah Storme people knew wouldn't have felt so torn, she would have screamed at Nyle, hit him and demanded him to spill everything after beating him into a pulp.

But me? I felt so hurt, I could do nothing but let the tears fall from my eyes and stain my cheeks. 

Nyle froze besides me, and I felt something wiggle in my mind. "Futuo," he swore when his fiery eyes met mine, "Futuo, please don't cry." He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me to his rock hard chest. I, unintentionally, buried my head in his chest -since he was way taller than I was- and held onto him. Allowing for the tears to continue to fall as I clutched onto him even tighter. I felt a sense of tranquility seep into me as I held onto him. Just touching him made me feel better.

But that didn't mean it didn't make me any less infuriated than I was. 

It took everything in me to pull away from him and look up at him. Nyle unwrapped one of his arms from my waist and used his thumb to wipe away the tears. "I am so sorry," he whispered, his husky, thickly accented, baritone voice caused for pleasure to rock inside of me when I felt it make his chest vibrate, "I had to do this, mellita. I did not have a say in this." 

The pain I felt tamed my nature and I looked up at Nyle from beneath my eyelashes. Our faces were so close together and our bodies were still pressed together. His smoldering, fiery eyes made me feel things that I never knew I could feel. 

"W-why?" I croaked, "Why did you make me  feel like I was insane? Why is all of this happening?" At the end I inadvertently pressed him closer to me. I felt so much better with him pressed against me.  I felt the tears stop falling as the emotions he planted inside of me, bloomed. 

Nyle looked away from me before his gaze swept all over my face, drinking my features in. "Everything you visualized in your reveries, everything that you felt and thought, all of it was veracious. Nothing was not authentic. You are not crazy, mellita. You never were." 

I continued to gaze at him, expecting an answer and also just staring at him 'cause he was so beautiful. Everything about him was beautiful. From the way his blondish, reddish hair fell over his forehead, to his smooth, marble like alabaster skin; the emotions that swirled beneath the perpetually blazing flames in the depths of his eyes that were almond shaped. His smooth, full lips that I love to feel on mine, though I wouldn't admit it yet; his high cheek bones and chiselled features, his touch that did things to me no one else could, his stature, his personality, his voice.

Just him.

He was so beautiful. 

So perfect. 

"Nyle," I whispered and felt him shiver in my hold. I felt giddy with glee by the effect I had on him. "Why did you have to do it though?" He brushed a stray strand of my dark hair away from my face, and I felt his breath on my skin -leaving tingles where they brushed across it- as he spoke, "There is so much I want to tell you, love. I just do not know how, or when." He pulled me closer to him and buried his head in the crook of my neck, "And that frightens me, I have never felt like this before." I could feel his lips moving against my neck, and that sent tremors down my back. 

I would have never done any of this if I wasn't feeling so weird, if Nyle didn't have such a strong affect on me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed him even closer to me -if that was possible- and buried my face in chest. Feeling the rock hard skin beneath the thin cloth, the movement of his chest as he inhaled and exhaled. I could hear his heart thudding against against his rib cage, and I could smell his enticing scent that reminded me of everything that was beautiful and perfect. 

Just like him.

I snuggled even closer. "Nyle," I whispered and heard his heartbeat escalate, "Take me away." 

And he did just that.

The air around as shifted and began to grow warm, I yelped and heard -and felt the vibration of- Nyle's chuckles as I did so. I heard the cackle of fire and felt it engulf us, and I heard Nyle speak into my mind, "We are travelling through flames. We call it 'Ingnisolo',it is one of the fastest mode of transportation and a trademark of my blood." 

I nodded against his chest and felt the heat began to recede; cool air stuck my skin and I -regretfully- pulled my head from his chest and looked around. The colourful hue of the twilight sky met my eyes, and I dragged my gaze across the sky, which held an array of conflicting colours. The sun was about to sink completely beneath the azure waters that swelled into waves and broke against a collection of jagged rocks. I realized we were standing at a cliff overlooking a sea and a strip of golden sand.  Dark green grass grew around us, and overall the place looked uninhabited. 

"Where are we?" I asked, unable to look away from the beautiful scenery. 

Darn, I'm turning into a sappy, damsel-in-distress type of girl.

Not something I want to turn into.

Nyle pulled himself away from me and I suddenly felt cold without his warmth. "Oh, suck it up and stop moaning," I scolded myself internally. 

"On one of the Maltese Archipelago Islands, I believe." He frowned as he contemplated, "One of the Maltese Islands."  I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion. "Say something that you think I would know," I said to him. 

Nyle chuckled and shook his head. "Somewhere in the center of the Mediterranean." 

"Why here?"

"Why not?"

 I scowled at him and he laughed a musical, deep sound that had my heart skipping a couple of beats. His fiery eyes seemed to glow even brighter under the reddish light of the setting sun that's tone was akin to the hue of his eyes. "You have to still explain everything to me," I reminded him, and he sighed. 

"I am aware, but before I do that," Nyle began to walk closer to me, "I have to do this." He leaned close to me, and for a second I thought he was going to kiss me. Excitement bubbled within me and I leaned closer when I felt him bury his head in the crook of my neck near my birthmark, and bite onto it. 

Pleasure, lust, pain and awareness shot through me at once and had me feeling dizzy. I swear I would have fallen to the ground, had Nyle not wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

Whispers began to murmur into my head and suddenly the turned into a cacophony of screaming voices and sounds. I held my head in my hands and felt a scream break free from my throat. The voices made my head hurt and I feel like it was splitting my mind. I felt Nyle kiss my birthmark and the voices stopped. "Recall how I informed you to concentrate on a single voice, or think of anything that could get your mind of the voices," Nyle whispered in my mind. 

Even though my mind was quiet, I felt like it was going to burst; like something was trying to break free of the cell that was my mind. My hands felt like they were on fire, and somewhere in the back of my mind I registered that they were glowing golden. 

Pain shot through me and I screamed again. Nyle growled and pulled me closer. "Delilah! Delilah!" a voice shouted in my head. 

It was that girl who kept talking to me when I met Skye. 

"Valentina?" 

"Delilah! I'm so sorry for the pain I caused, Nyle casted a spell on you to keep you from being able to use your powers or be affected by the mate changes," she informed me, "It was still hard to break free from it even when he revoked it." 

"You're that girl who I dreamed I was, weren't you?" 

"The one who had to go to the ball? Yeah." 

I felt like my mind was tightening and all the sudden Valentina yelped. "Oh no! Oh no! Damno! Damno!" 

"What happened?" 

"I'm so sorry, Delilah! I'm so sorry!" 

Before I could ask her why she was apologizing, I felt blackness cloud my vision. 

~

To a serial fainter like me, it's easy to distinguish what kind of 'blackout' is the 'I'm-going-to-be-unconscious' type, and what kind of blackout is...well, not. 

So I guess it's safe to say that I was well aware that this wasn't that kind of blackout. 

When I regained my sight, I felt like everything was wavering. My vision was shifting back and forth, making it seem like I had my vision back for a second, and then like I was looking through someone else's eyes. 

Nyle stared at me with his blazing eyes wide before he snapped back to normal, and grabbed my shoulders. His eyes blazed with anger and I watched as the fire in them cackled to a deathly shade. "Pareo ut sua," he snarled and I felt the shift break, and my knees buckled as I regained control. 

"Delilah, Delilah, I'm so sorry." 

"Why did you do that?" I mentally hissed and heard her sigh. 

"You see, that's the thing; I didn't. I barely have any control over your form."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"That means that it wasn't me. It was someone else."

AIM: 25 VOTES. 

GLOSSARY-

Melitta: a Latin endearmant meaning, 'sweetness', 'sweetie' and something like honey. 

Pareo ut sua: Submit to her. 

Author's Note: 

Hello, my lovelies!

My, aren't you all looking rather beautiful today? ;) 

Yes, that's Jack Harries on the side. Isn't he just adorable? Finn and him remind me of puppies. I don't know why, they just do. 

So normal girls will be all, "Damn, they're so hot." And then there's me going, 'Awww, they're so adorable!" 

I'm generally greeted by silence or soft murmurs of agreement after I say that. 

But the other girl gets a better reaction. 

Next, I'll post a Finn gif up ;) 

Anywho, I hope this chapter isn't dreadful. I had to write it three times before I was satisified with it. And Delilah wasn't acting too out of character, right? I'm hoping her character isn't too shifty; remember, every single thing I've written is for a reason, so there's a reason for that too. :) 

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote, comment and fan please?

Thanks for reading <3

Lots of love,

_AcrossTheUniverse_ 

P.S- I know, two quotes at the beginning, what is that even about? I couldn't decide which one is more applicable so I picked both. C'est la vie, people.  C'est la vie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 108 28
"If I risk it all, could you break my fall? How do I live? How do I breathe? When your not here i'm sufficated. I wanna feel love, run through my blo...
79.5K 3.6K 58
"Let me leave" I growl trying again but he does it again, I quickly step the other side successfully getting round him. But just as I reach the door...
4.1K 474 34
[COMPLETED : 5|09|2016 and slowly editing ] He snapped his fingers and a red flame flourished into existence. "How did you-" "I'm a professional." He...
1K 168 26
I grew up being told that demons and angels weren't real. That magic were just fairy tales. I'm just a ordinary teenager, or so I thought. I'm Paris...