An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

Bởi dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... Xem Thêm

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue

32

98 2 0
Bởi dezmarron

"WHAT!?" Luci shouted as we stood on the back porch. The kids ran around playing tag; currently Luke was it.

"We want you to come with us!" It was currently winter break for the kids and Carina's wedding was next week. Seeing as they are off for three weeks we figured that they could come back home for a visit. We were planning never to go back home and Carina still doesn't know we are but we couldn't miss her marrying the man she's been waiting for. Since Rosa and I will be busy helping Carina, I asked Rosa if Luci could come and kind of help. Seeing as she's Luke's teacher and Laelia's kind of teacher we already know they like her. Plus, the twins love her too. She's over all the time for dinner and game night.

"Go with you... ?

"Yeah, why not?"

"Rosa, it's your mother's wedding and-"

"Luci, you don't have to come to the wedding, we just need you to watch the kids while we help my mother get prepared for her big day."

"You aren't gonna take them to the wedding?"

"It's too risky. We already taking the risk to even go back home, but-"

"But I need to go to my mother's wedding. I can't miss it."

"I understand, in that case, why don't you go and I stay here with the kids?"

"It would be nice for the kids to see some family and Rosa is really overprotective of them so she needs them to be close enough for her to 'come to their rescue'.

"I'm sure nothing will happen. You wouldn't have to come to their rescue."

"You never know!"

"Rosy, calm down, she's coming with us."

"I am?"

"You are."

"Well when are we leaving?"

"In 2 days," Rosa said walking into the house.

"Why don't I start packing? How long will we be staying?"

"Pack enough for 2 weeks, knowing Rosa, she will probably convince me to stay a little longer."

"Okay sounds good. Do you need help with packing the kids' stuff?

"Already done, it's Rosa that needs help packing."

"Why?"

"Rosa likes to have a variety of clothing to choose from. Last time we went on vacation, she packed 12 dresses, and we were only gone for five days."

"Should I go help her?"

"I'll go. It's a lot harder than you think. Rosa is super stubborn."

"I heard that!" Rosa said from the kitchen.

"But that's one of the reasons why I love her."

"That sounds much better," she said walking back onto the porch put her arms around my neck. Luci and I laughed making Rosa pout. I put my arms around Rosa's waist and pulled her closer to me. We looked into each other's eyes.

"I'm guessing I'm going to be seeing a whole lot more of that aren't I?" Luci said smiling.

"Mama and Mommy love each other very much," EJ said walking towards us.

"I'll take that as a yes," Luci said laughing. I gave Rosa a quick kiss and picked up EJ.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"I'm just thirsty Mama."

"How about some lemonade, mija?" EJ nodded her head yes. Rosa took EJ from my arms and walked into the kitchen.

"What are your families like?"

"It's really complicated."

"Then just tell me about your parents."

"It's still complicated."

"Then Rosa's mother?"

"Long story short, this is her second marriage and we are really happy for her."

"Rosa's father?"

"He has a wife and a kid, but right now he is in prison."

"Oh."

"We don't really like to talk about it. It's one of the reasons we moved out here."

"I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again."

"It's fine, it's just a sensitive topic for us."

"Guys come get some lemonade!" Rosa called the kids into the kitchen. They immediately ran into the house.

"Can you watch the kids while I help Rosa get packed?"

"Of course!"

"And Luci?"

"I will tell you more later, just not when Rosa and the kids are around."

"You don't have to."

"You deserve to know, plus it's the least I can do since you are watching our kids for the next week or two."

...............................

"Rosy, you can't bring everything."

"Why not?" She said pouting and crossing her arms.

"Beautiful, there's no space and there's no need for you to bring everything. Just choose babygirl."

"But it's so hard." She said sitting on the bed.

"That's why I'm here and Luci is downstairs watching the kids." I said sitting next to her. I pulled her onto my lap.

"How about this dress?" She said holding up her favorite sundress.

"Rosy, I know we've been here for a long time, but have you forgotten how cold it is back home?"

"Oh, I forgot."

"It's okay my love, how about this cute blouse and pants?"

"They would look cute with my black boots and scarf!"

"See, we are making progress. Put it in your bag babe."

...........................

"Name please."

"Lyric Johnson."

"Let me see what room you are in."

"Thank you."

"You have 2 rooms. The two-room suite is 532, and the other room is 530. Here are your keys."

"Thank you Ma'am," Rosa said taking the keys from her hand. "Here's your key Luci. And here's the key to our room."

"Thanks Rosa. Do you guys need any help unpacking?"

"I think we're good Luci, why don't you get yourself settled and we will tell you if we need anything."

"Are you sure?"

"We are sure. Come on guys let's go get settled in," Rosa said picking up the kids' bags.

"Mommy, Luke and I can carry the bags," Lily said.

"There will be no carrying of bags because the bags have wheels."

"They do!?" Luke, Rosa and Lily asked.

"Yes. So why don't I take Matty and EJ's bag along with mine, Luke you take yours, Lily you take yours, and Rosy take yours."

........................

Rosa and I were laying in bed. Luci was with the kids watching a movie, because she thought we should have some alone time. We were really tired though so we just decided to cuddle and talk.

"Lyric?"

"What's wrong Rosy?"

"I'm a little afraid to be back in town."

"Me too Rosy, but we can't let the kids know that. We have to be strong."

"I don't know if I ca-"

"Please don't tell me you're thinking about leaving again."

"No, I'm just afraid of losing you and the kids."

"I promise to keep you all close."

"We can't let anyone know we are here except for my mom and Jacob."

"I know babe. Let's just focus on the wedding and then before you know it, we will be back home." Rosa yawned and I pulled her closer to me.

"Baby I'm so tired."

"I know my love, why don't you get some rest, huh?"

"But I want to stay up with you."

"Rosy, you need to rest. You have jet lag."

"But-"

"We will call your mom in the morning, but for now we need to get some rest."

"Can we tuck the kids in?"

"Of course," Rosa got out of bed and started to stretch. I walked over to Rosa and picked her up. I spun her around the room making her giggle.

"I love you Rosa!"

"I love you more Lyric!" I set her down and pulled her closer to me by her waist. I pushed her hair from out of her eyes and kissed her lips.

"Let's go put the kids to bed," I wrapped my arm around her waist and opened the door to the kids' room of the suite.

"Time for bed mijos." Luci got up and headed out of the room.

"Yayy!" Lily and EJ cheered. "We don't have to go to bed!"

"Thanks for keeping them occupied."

"No problem, I'm gonna head to bed."

"Night Luci," Rosa and I said in unison.

"Goodnight Ms. Nuñez," Luci waved and walked out of the room.

"Mijas, you have to go too."

"Aww," They said pouting.

"We came to tuck you guys in. So get in your beds." Luke helped Matty into bed with him while Lily and EJ got settled in their bed. Rosa and I put the blankets over them and gave each of them their stuffed animals. We quickly gave each of them a kiss and a hug and we all exchanged I love you's.

"Goodnight my loves, we love you so much," We turned off the light and closed the door.

..........

Today we were going to hang in the hotel room and then eat dinner in the hotel restaurant. Rosa was still a tad bit hesitant so to reassure her I told we could just be lazy today. Luci, of course, was coming with us. She's amazing with the kids and she's like our new best friend.

"Luci?"

"Hmm."

"Are you awake?" My answer was a pillow to the face. She had fallen asleep on the floor in front our Rosa and I's bed. In the middle of the night she came back into our room and we watched a few episodes of Friends.

"Luci."

"Yes, I am up."

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure," we stepped outside closing the door softly as to not wake anyone else up. "What's up Lyric?"

"How do you feel about being the kids' godmother?"

"Woah! Godmother!?"

"I'm sorry. Never mind I shouldn't have asked," I turned to go back inside. She quickly grabbed my arm and hugged me tightly.

"I would love to be their godmother!"

"Really!?"

"Yes!"

"Good then it's settled. You're their godmother."

"Won't it be weird for Luke and Lily though --- in school I mean?"

"No, when I was younger I had a cousin who was my fourth grade science teacher. It was actually really cool. One day though, after some kids didn't believe she was my cousin, she brought in our family tree to show everyone. That got everyone to shut the hell up," I said letting out a large laugh. Soon Luci joined in on my laughing and we headed back inside. It was currently eight a.m. and neither one of us was tired anymore, so we decided to order a lot of room service.

"Lyric!! You order!"

"Fine, damn," she handed me the phone as she continued laughing. "Room service please. Yes hello this is for room 532. Yes I'll hold. Okay, yes, I would like three plates of pancakes, three plates of french toast, two plates of bacon, and two plates of eggs. Oh can you send some fresh orange juice. Thank you. No that's not all. I would also like two plates of home fries and a plate of sausage. Please be sure to send plates, silverware, cups and napkins. Yes thank you. Forty-five minutes? Thank you. Have a good day."

"So much food!"

"Luce, when you have four kids you'll see. Even the twins who are babies eat a lot. Since they got their teeth and started walking they've been eating so much."

"Damn!"

"Wanna start a movie while we wait?"

"Sure, let's go in my room so we don't bother Rosa and the kids.

"Smart idea Luce," I nodded and laughed throwing my head back.

"What should we watch?" Luci asked flopping on her bed. I flopped next to her still laughing.

"A comedy. We've had too many sad times lately I just need to laugh."

"I feel that!" Before we left, a little girl from Laelia's class was hit by a bus --- it was actually someone Laelia was beginning to like. The funeral was a few days ago and I thought it would do us all some good getting out, which is why I am so glad that we were planning this trip.

"Let's watch Bridesmaids!"

"Yes!!" After she responded so enthusiastically, I hopped up popping in the movie. About an hour into the movie the door rang.

"Pause that Luce," I sprang up, stretching first, and trudged to the door. Looking out the peephole I saw it was the room service. I turned to Luci and rolled my eyes. "They said forty-five minutes."

"So sorry for the delay," The man said after I opened the door.

"No worries."

"I can stay and set it up for you, it's no p-"

"Thank you but no thank you. I've got it. Here's your tip. Okay, bye bye now," I shooed him out of the room and went to wake up everyone. When I walked into Rosa and I's bedroom, I saw the kids sitting in our bed watching Toy Story. I looked around the room, and Rosa was nowhere to be found.

"Guys, where's mommy?" They all pointed to the bathroom without looking away from the tv. I opened the bathroom door to find Rosa sitting on the floor with her hands on her tummy. She was silently sobbing. I quickly rushed to comfort her. "Rosy, what's wrong?"

"I don't wanna say."

"Rosy please. For me?" I lifted her chin with my finger to see her face. "Rosy?"

"I'm pregnant Lyric."

"YOU ARE!?"

"Yes."

"How do you know?"

"Remember when I had that doctor's appointment last week?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm 3 months pregnant."

"Well why are you crying my love?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"I was worried you wouldn't want another baby, and I'm in a lot of pain."

"I'm so sorry you're in pain, but why on earth would you think that?"

"We already have four kids, I didn't know if you wanted any more."

"We could be like The Jacksons!"

"What do you mean?"

"All in the family like the Jacksons. And have enough kids to make a band like Joe and Katherine," I sang the lines from an Alicia Keys' song.

"Maybe not that many."

"Okay, we'll keep it under ten."

"Okay."

"You know.... eight could still be a band."

"EIGHT!?"

"Maybe..."

..........

"Okay, guys, it's time for shower."

"But Mama!" Luke whined.

"'But Mama' nothing! You four just got out of the pool. You need to get washed off, then we can go out to eat."

"Here, I'll get the girls cleaned off in my room," Luci grabbed Lily's and EJ's hand so that they trotted next to her.

"Thanks Luce," I called after her. As we all went to the pool, Rosa stayed and just rested. "Come on boys, time for the tub." I quickly checked on Rosa to see how she was feeling. She told me she had a little morning sickness. When I looked into the bedroom, she was fast asleep. I quietly went over to her and kissed her forehead and her stomach. I can't believe she's pregnant! I soon went to where the boys were and helped them get their clothing together. Matty was first since he was the youngest. I helped him take off his clothes and ran the bath. As soon as the tub was filled with warm water, I placed Matty in and started washing him. Soon enough, it was Luke's turn. I let out Matty's bathwater and started the shower for Luke. I left him in there for a good ten minutes before telling him it was time to get out. I helped him get dressed just like I did with Matty. They quickly went into Luci's room. Rosa began to stir in bed.

"Baby?" she said turning toward me.

"What's wrong babygirl?"

"I don't feel well."

"I know Rosy, just rest."

"But I want to know how the pool went."

"The kids had a lot of fun. I sat on the side while Luci played with them. We're actually gonna go out to that Latin restaurant just down the street. I have been craving a churro since we got to New Mexico! Do you want to come or you just want me to bring you back something? "

"Can you just bring me back some tacos?"

"Okay," I said turning to walk out.

"Wait, can I have a cheeseburger too?"

"I guess we can find a place."

"And some nachos."

"Okay. Text me -"

"And some french fries."

"Okay Text me if you want anything else."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too, I'll have them bring up some ginger ale too."

"Thank you!" she called as I closed our door.

.........

"What do you guys wanna listen to?" I posed the question to everyone in the truck. We had gotten a new one, a Tahoe actually, since we're expanding. Currently we were driving to Carina and Jacob's house.

"DIERKS!" Luke said laughing.

"Okay, is everyone okay with that?" I looked in the mirror and saw them nod. I turned to look at Rosa, but she was asleep.

"DIERKS!" Luke said again.

"Okay, I'll put him on," I put on our favorite Dierks Bentley song and we all started to sing along, even Luci.

"5-1-5-0, somebody call the po-po. I'm goin' crazy, thinkin' 'bout you baby. 5-1-5-0, just this side of loco. I'm goin' crazy, think I love you baby!"

"AWWWWWW I LOVE YOU TOO!"

"Babe, are you hungry?"

"A bit."

"We can stop and get something."

"It's okay, we can get something later."

"Babe, you know your mother is going to feed you later, we can get you a snack for now and then you can eat then okay?"

"Okay,"

"Did you tell her that I'm pregnant?"'

"No I figure we could wait until after the wedding. You know she's gonna try to help you and plan her wedding. She tries to be superman."

"That is actually so true."

"Pause, ROSA IS PREGNANT!?"

"MOMMY IS PREGNANT!?"

"You didn't tell them?"

"No."

"Why not, Lyric?"

"I don't know."

"Lyric, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said pulling into a gas station.

"Ly-"

"I'll find you something," I said getting out of the car and closing the door.

"Lyric!" I heard Rosa call after me. I heard the car door open and close. "Lyric, please tell me what's wrong." Rosa said trying to run after me.

"You should get back in the car Rosa."

"Why?"

"Just get back in the car."

"Lyric I-"

"Get back in the damn car Rosa!" Rosa ran back to the car, I could tell she was about to cry. My God, why can't she ever listen? I walked into the gas station and instantly noticed that something was off. The cashier was sweating profusely. "How are you doing sir?"

"I'm good. We're about to close so please hurry up."

"Okay, thank you," I walked to the cheese aisle for Rosa and the kids. I got them each two sticks of cheddar cheese. I got Luci and I both a glazed donut and Vitamin Water. I got her a fruit punch Revive and myself, a kiwi-strawberry Focus. After I selected everything I began to put them on the counter when the cashier stopped me.

"On the house today."

"Why?"

"Special."

"Thank you," I began to walk outside. I opened the door and instead of leaving I put the bag outside of the door. I crouched down and saw a masked man spring up from next to the cashier. He held a gun to his head and told him to fill the bag with money. I texted Luci and told her to get the police here now. Within three minutes they arrived and the man was arrested.

"Thank you, thank you!" The cashier vigorously shook my hand.

"It was nothing, really. I'm just glad you're alright. Take care of yourself now," I patted his shoulder and went outside. Rosa ran up to me and hit my shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?" After I asked, she kissed me.

"Don't do that again Lyric!"

"I'm really confused right now."

"Lyric, you got upset and walked into danger."

"It's not like I knew the store was being robbed."

"That's not the point."

"Yes it is. You got upset with me because I didn't tell our kids you were pregnant. It's not my news to share. It's yours."

"I didn't mean to-"

"It doesn't matter if you meant to, it happened."

"I'm sorry," Rosa started to walk back to the car.

"I'll see you later."

"Where are you going?"

"I have to give a statement Rosa."

"Why?"

"Because I saved someone's life."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." I began to walk away.

"Lyric wait." I stopped.

"What, Rosa?"

"I'm sorry. I love you," she grabbed my face and kissed me.

"I love you too, I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you. I'm just worried."

"Worried?"

"Worried that I won't be able to protect you here, at home."

"Our home is back in New Mexico."

"Our new home is. Our home will always be here. This is where we met, where we had our twins, where we got married. This is where you and I became us."

"You know, if I could marry you again, I would."

"I'd marry you a thousand times over."

"Ma'am it's time to make your statement, come with us please."

"I have to go Rosy, I'll see you later okay?"

"How are we gonna get to my mom's?"

"Luci can drive you guys."

"I don't know the way Lyric." Luci said walking toward us.

"Rosa can show you."

"Lyric I don't feel well, I was gonna take a nap in the car."

"Then, Luci, put it in your GPS."

"Okay then, see later Lyric." Luci walked back to the car.

"Rosy, stay safe alright?"

"We will, I promise. You should go, those cops don't look too happy."

"Okay love," I quickly gave Rosa a kiss and gave her a huge hug. "I love you so much, don't forget that."

"I love you so much more."

..........

I stood on Carina's doorstep and rang the doorbell.

"LYRIC!!!!" I heard Carina's voice as the door flew open.

"Hi Carina!"

"Get in here mija."

"Mami, can I go lay down, I don't feel well." I walked into the house and saw Rosa with a blanket over her shoulders.

"Rosy-"

"LYRIC, YOU'RE BACK!"

"I am!"

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" She said engulfing me in a huge hug.

"I've only been gone for two hours babygirl." I said picking her up and spinning her around.

"That's soooo long!"

"Well I'm here now princess."

"And I'm so happy you are!"

"Sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment, but Rosy, you can go lay down in the guest room okay? It's upstairs and to your left."

"Thank you Mami."

"Do you want me to help you up the stairs baby?" I leaned down and whispered in Rosa's ear.

"Yes please," I don't know why I hadn't noticed something was a little off about Rosa before. The past two months, she hadn't been herself. I should've known. I guess now that I know she's pregnant I understand more. The mood swings, struggling to get up and down the stairs, the constant drowsiness, irritability, her always being hungry, well that's not really new. But, I can't believe I didn't realize. I helped Rosa up the stairs and into bed. "Baby?"

"What's wrong?"

"Will you lay with me?" She gave me her pleading eyes that she knew I couldn't say no to.

"Sure."

"I just want you to hold me."

"Of course."

..........

"Okay, Carina. The last thing we need to do is pick up your ceremony dress and shoes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we picked the cake, flowers, bridesmaids' dresses, bridesmaids' flowers, invitations, reception dress, reception shoes, venue, reception, gift-" The cake was going to five circular tiers with white fondant covering each one. On the second and fourth tier from the top was black ribbon. Fondant flowers adorned the sides and edible pearls were in between the tiers. The bridesmaids' dresses were white and black striped and their flowers were white with black centers. Carina's reception dress has a black poofy skirt and a white and black striped top. Her reception shoes match the dress. Her engagement ring was diamonds all around.

"Okay, okay," she said laughing.

"Luci is making sure that Jacob has everything he needs."

"She's really amazing. I'm glad you two have found someone out there. I would hate it if you two were alone."

"We're doing okay Mami," Rosa laughed. I think being home for a little bit really made her feel better. She didn't tell me but I could tell she was homesick. Her being able to see Carina happy and be able to be here for it --- well that's just amazing. She really needed this.

"Okay, so everyone will be back over soon for the rehearsal dinner."

"Sounds good," Carina chuckled lightly.

"The caterer said the food should be here around--"

"Abuelita, Abuelita!" Luke ran behind Carina pulling on her leg.

"Yes Luke?"

"What does you new husband do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well Abuelita, your new house is so big. So Jacob must be rich," he smiled. Rosa and I looked at each other smiling.

"We didn't teach him that, I swear," Rosa said laughing.

"Jacob is the owner of Delish Delicacies."

"Mommy has that game on her phone! Abuelita, that's so cool. You're going to marry a, like, famous person," he began to smile extremely hard.

"You know what that means?"

"No," he said giggling.

"BIG PRESENTS!" She laughed picking him up and spinning him around.

"Oooooh! Presents for me, Abuelita?"

"Only if you're good for your mommies, okay?"

"I'm gonna be extra good!"

"Good boy. Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course Abuelita."

"Can you ask Lily to come down here?"

"Yes Abuelita."

"Then go take a shower."

"Yes Abuelita," he climbed off of her and ran up the stairs. Pretty soon, Lily was skipping down them.

"You called me, Abuelita?"

"Yes baby. It's time for a shower. Soon everyone will be over so we can have a practice for the wedding tomorrow."

"There's a practice!!?" She giggled and then turned to Rosa and I.

"Yes Peaches?"

"Can I have a practice wedding too?"

"Peaches, you're not getting married for a long time."

"I'm getting married now!"

"You're getting married?" Rosa and I said simultaneously.

"Yes seeeee!" She stuck out her hand to show us all a flower ring she had on her finger.

"And who gave you that?" I asked smiling.

"My boyfriend!" Carina turned around quickly.

"And who is this boyfriend?"

"Nile Rio from school."

"Nile, which one is he?"

"He's the one who helps me with math," she said blushing and swaying.

"Oh Lily likes her tutor, huh?" Rosa teased laughing.

"Maybe Mommy. Maybe," she giggled running up the stairs before we could catch her. Within minutes we heard water turn on, meaning she got into her shower, and more water turn off, meaning Luke just got out of his.

"You rest baby, I'll wash up the twins," I whispered in Rosa's ear wrapping my arms around her belly.

"Baby I did that earlier."

"When?"

"When you and Mami were doing things on the checklist," she said laughing.

"Rosy, you're a ninja, and I love you," I kissed her cheek.

"I love you too! Lyric, I'm gonna go rest for a bit, can you wake me up when the food gets here?"

"Of course love."

"Thank you!" She squeezed my hand as she slowly walked up the stairs. Within minutes Luke came downstairs to tell me that Rosa was fast asleep.

"Come on Luke, let's go help Abuelita set the table outside."

"Yayyyyy, Abuelita," that boy really loves his Abuelita.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

405K 11.2K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...
17.4K 764 28
"𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒅. 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔...
279K 14.1K 26
WARNING- M-Preg and no smut. Marked mature because of language. Oh and not for grammar freaks, sorry but it ruins my fun to write! Oh and... Having...