My Chatting Mate *FIRST VERSI...

By SmilesNsunshines

[This is discontinued since there are a lot of plot holes, however I've written a new one. It's called My Cha... More

My Chatting Mate
1. Tree House
2. Dream
3. Traffic Light.
4. Cabin
5. Chat
6. Eavesdropping
8. Secrets
9. Encounter
10. Decisions
11. Family vs Friend
12. Babysitter
13. Theodore
14. Crossed Fingers
15. Full Moon
16. Full Moon [ii]
17. Blackout Moment
18. It's from Tyler
19. Power Ranger
20. Video Chat
21. Crappy Pants
22. What a day
23. We Meet Again, Indigo.
Sloppy Kiss
24. My name isn't Power Ranger
25. Stop, just stop.
26. We've got company
27. I'm not stupid.
28. Theatrically
29. De-o
REDOING!
UPDATED!

7. Surprise

5.8K 96 19
By SmilesNsunshines

As promised, some of you asked for a new chapter as a Valentine's Day a gift & here it is! :)

Happy Valentine's Day y'all! (I'm still waiting for my chocolates)

7.

Questions occupies the space in my mind. What are they talking about? Rising Moon and Beta? I glance up at the night sky, a moon is indeed a part of the night canvas and it's shining brightly down at Earth and it's still half moon. What's a Beta though? Is it some sort of a secret gang code?

"Why is he here?!" Big biceps sound pissed and a tint of fear lace around his words. "Did he do anything to her?" He adds.

"He proposed to her-"

"WHAT!?" Big biceps yell out loud with rage. How is Mr Lee still able to sleep through this ruckus that might turn into a fight if guy number two doesn't choose his words wisely. On another note I guess it's alright since I doubt they're going to break into the old man's house.

"Will you let me finish before you yell my ear off!" Guy two huffs out it annoyance. "He proposed to her about a date I guess, she was ecstatic. He confessed, she confessed and next thing I know she ran away. Or that's what it looks like...trying to run away."

"Why would she run away?"

"He held a knife at her throat, dumbass." I could tell he was trying to hold back a smile because he looks kinda constipated right now.

"WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME NOW!?" Big biceps bellow, towering over his friend, face inches apart from each other, who was now looking scared shitless all traces of humour vanish from his face

"Shit man, calm your muscles down." Guy two utters nervously. "I was just pulling your leg."

"It won't be a joke if I feed your balls to the rogues before Alpha could do so!"

I accidentally let out a soft laughter and put my head on the ground without any delay. Crap! How could I be so dumb?! It's alright Indie, they wouldn't have heard you. I was busy reassuring myself to notice that the guys went quiet too. I didn't dare to move from my spot, fear that I would step on a leaf or make a noise in this already quiet night.

When I was positive that they had probably run away, thinking I'd found out about their secret code or something, I slowly crawl backwards. The wind then thinks it'll would be fun to intervene and mess things up a little. I shudder slightly when the wind came into contact with my skin.

I wrap my jacket tightly around my body, not letting a single air inside. And then proceed to continue my ninja moves, which is crawling backwards and away from the scene.

"Ethan, you smell that?" I froze when I heard big biceps voice. Why are they still here? "This is her scent, isn't it?"

I hear someone sniffing the air, which I assume is Ethan, and I found myself sniffing the air too. The more I sniff, the more cold air enters my nostrils. Not to mention that I couldn't find whatever scent they were talking about.

"It is. I think she's been listening to our conversation."

And I take that as my cue to escape. Not caring if they would catch me and kill me there and then, I hastily stood on both feet tightening my jacket and ran all the way back home.

And definitely not knowing that I drop my phone along the way.

"Indie, rise and shine cowgirl!"

I felt the bed dip and the next thing I know, somebody was jumping on it, making my body leap in the air then sink back. It happens for a minute until I finally couldn't take it anymore. I abruptly swing my leg over to jumping Avril. She wasn't able to dodge it in time, therefore she let out a shriek before stretching her arms out thinking it'll save her from the inevitable fall.

Tough luck my friend.You will still fall.

And she did, not on the bed though, on the carpeted floor. Face first.

I laugh, turning over looking down at my poor friend who groans in pain. "You should've known better Avril."

She snaps her head at me, shoots a playful glare and pout. Pushing herself off the floor and makes her way to the door. Just as she was about to close the door after her, she turns her upper body, saying, "Get ready. We'll leave in thirty."

"Can we just not go to school today?" I stretch on the word 'today' making it more dramatic.

"Unfortunately. If I was the president, we'll go to school on weekends and we'll have five days of fun and adventures. Don't forget to vote for me if I become one." She laughs.

I grab onto the nearest pillow and aim it at her. "Shut up!" That only made her laugh even louder.

"INDIGO! COMMON!" Avril yells from downstairs. "WE'RE GONNA HAVE OUR ASS BURNT IF WE DON'T REACH ON TIME!"

"LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY!" Mrs Reed scolds her daughter. She's very particular about those kind of words because she doesn't want Robyn to use them at such a young age. Not possible if you have a sister like Avril, who has a mouth of a sailor.

Only behind her mother's back.

"YOU CAN GO FIRST IF YOU WANT TO!" I yell back as I turn my backpack upside down and shake it vigorously, pouring out all of the contents. I threw my bag aside and search frantically for it. I shove all the stuff aside, flipping my books and shake them like my phone would magically appear out of the pages.

Come on! Where the hell are you hiding! At times like this I wished I had a magic power.

"Indie - what are you doing?"

"Oh nothing, just looking if all of the pages in my textbooks are still intact." I state sardonically, without even glancing at her. "I'm looking for my phone alright! Dammit!" I abruptly snap to no one but myself.

Actually, truth be told, I can't go anywhere without bringing my phone along. I will get all panicky and rather stay at home to find it. I feel somewhat safe knowing that I have it with me and in case of emergency, I could just dial the number. Seriously who am I kidding. Who in the world can live without their phone. I know I can't.

Avril didn't need to be told what to do, she stood by my side and search through my bag. I jog over to the bed; maybe I accidentally kick the phone and it landed somewhere on the ground or somewhere in the duvet. I get down on my knees and search under the bed. I sigh audibly when I couldn't find it. I then swiftly get up and roughly grab hold of the white duvet and shake it, making sort of a wave so my phone would drop.

"Girls, you're gonna be - oh my." Avril and I stop at whatever I was doing when we heard Mrs Reed voice. "What are you girls doing?" She query as she walks over to us.

Avril raise her eyebrow, in a way saying 'are you being serious' to her mother. "We're doing some spring cleaning before we head to school."

"This isn't the time for sarcasm Avrilia Gwenetta Reed." Mrs Reed reprimands her daughter, pulling out the full name card. And as a response, Avril just smirks. "Indie honey, are you looking for a phone?"

My head snaps towards her, my eyes wide in astonishment. "How did you know?" I voice out my thoughts. I threw the duvet aside and double my pace towards her. "Have you seen it? I'm going berserk soon if I don't have it with me."

"It's okay darling. We have a spare phone. Actually my old phone. It's a BlackBerry Bold, if you don't mind I'll lend it to you." Sincerity evident in her voice as she asks me.

"Mum don't be so petty to just to lend her. Might as well give it to her." Avril butt in.

I shift my gaze to Avril, with a frown on my face. "No, it's good enough your mum is willing to lend me. I'm not gonna ask her to give me."

Avril opens her mouth to reply back, only to be cut from Mrs Reed. "It's enough girls. I agree with Avril, I'll give it to you because I have a few more spare phones." Mrs Reed gives me a warm smile.

I hesitate. I do feel bad that she's going to give me her BlackBerry but at the same time I do need a phone. That gadget is like a lifeline to me. Some people feel naked without a watch where else I feel not only naked but also lost without a watch and a phone.

"Okay. Thanks Mrs Reed." I utter after a moment of hesitation.

"I'll go get the phone and you girls better get down the second I step out of this room. Clear?" Mrs Reed states firmly. "Oh, and to answer your former question Indie. I've been in that situation before and I almost went crazy. Literally."

"Yes Ma'am!" Both Avril and I mock salute. Mrs Reed just laughs and head towards the door. I felt something hitting my side, looking down I saw Avril giving me my backpack.

"Lets go Indie. You heard what the mom said."

By the time I enter all of the necessary contacts - my parents, Avril's and a few other of my friends...by friends I mean Ryan - into my new phone, we had reached the school parking lot. I took a quick glance at the clock on the dash, 08:40. We have exactly five minutes before the first bell rings.

I hoist my bag on one of my shoulders as I get out of the car, and Avril does the same. Seconds later I heard the car security lock, indicating that she has locked the car. We sprint our way to the building, taking two steps at a time up the stairs. By the time we reach the top, I was gasping for air; I am utterly unfit.

When Avril push the school door open, I was surprised to see there were still students filling out the hallways. There were pink and red balloons, teddy bears, a box of chocolates and every other romantic gifts you could think of could be seen in every corner as we walk down to our locker. In the middle of the hallway, there was a big banner that's saying 'Love is in The Air!' It's written in cursive font and there were heart shapes all over the place.

Valentine's Day. That's what.

My mind flashed back to last night at the park. No Indie! This is not the time to think of him! He's probably with her right now... Crestfallen would be an understatement because I completely thought it was for me. A tug on my arm brought me back to reality.

"You alright?" Avril query as she tilts her head to the side, an eyebrow raise in concern. "You zoned out for quite a while." She adds when I didn't reply.

Exhaling audibly, I mutter, "I'm fine." And give her a tight lipped smile.

Avril didn't seem to believe me but decides it'll be better to let it go rather than making a mountain out of a molehill at a time like this. Standing in front of our maroon locker, we did the combination silently. Neither of us said anything.

What's this? A stem of red rose and a thin envelope was neatly arranged at the base of the locker. I turn to Avril, asking, "Did you get this for me?"

She peeks over at my locker. "Why would I give you a red rose? I don't even love you." I pout although I know exactly what she meant; she loves me as a sister like I do. "You know what I mean..."

Lifting the white envelope, she brings it over to her nose sniffing it. The way she sniffs reminds me of the two guys that was sniffing the air last night. Like dogs.

"It smells of a rich cologne." Avril puts back the envelope and lands her gaze at me. "Now, are you seeing some rich boy that I don't know of?"

I laugh, "Trust me. You'll be the first to know." I place both the rose and the envelope in my bag and shut my locker. As we made our way to class, which is on the second floor, I couldn't help but to let my mind wander back to last night. Who were those guys; I've never seen them before. That's because you're always spending time with Avril or either at the tree house or rotting at home.

Ignoring the annoying little voice, I went to my seat which has always been right beside the window. I just like to stare outside when the lessons get boring or whenever I feel like I'm going to fall asleep. Just as I settle down, a new male teacher came in.

A white button down shirt with pointy collars, the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow and tucked neatly into his mid blue chino. And he wore a pair of casual brown canvas slip on. All in all he appears to be casual and not to mention that he strolls into the class empty handed, with a hand in his pocket.

I dart my eyes up to the rest of his body. His light brown hair was gelled neatly to the side and were ruffled up a little so he won't get the nerdy look. Slightly tanned and is well built. I could see his hard chest and biceps muscles underneath his shirt. I hadn't realized that I was busy scrutinizing (I was about to say check him out but that would be so gross to check your teacher out) his attire that I didn't notice the entire class gaze were on me.

I slowly bring my head to my shoulder level and lean towards Avril, whispering. "What happened? All eyes are on me..."

"He's been calling your name out for nearly five times. Next time close your mouth when you're checking a hot stuff out." She half whisper half giggle.

I avert my gaze at the new teacher and the first thing I saw was his green eyes. They look vaguely familiar - where have I seen them?

"Ms Jones, so glad that I had caught your attention." I could tell he was smirking at me because of what'd happened earlier on.

Oh no! That voice! Oh my word, that's the voice I heard last night! This couldn't be -

"I was just introducing myself, Ms Jones.As I was saying, you can call me Mr Ethan."

♠♥♠♥♠♥♠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...