Lost Royalty

By ThelittleMissReader

Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be se... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Final Chapter
Sequel- NOW COMPLETED!!!
Cover competition!! (Now closed)
Cover Contest -Results part 2
Cover Contest Results!!!
Writing Contest!!! (Open)

Chapter 33

68.8K 3.1K 421
By ThelittleMissReader

Chapter 33

On the day of the ball, Elle was beyond nervous. Tonight she would meet so many important people, and she would no doubt make a fool out of herself. She was bound to fall down the staircase, or trip over whilst dancing.

"Elle, wake up!" Sophia burst into her room.

"Good morning," she muttered back.

"You're going to be late for breakfast!" Sophia nearly yelled.

"Okay, I'm up. I'll be ready in just a few minutes."

True to her word, Elle was dressed and walking down the hallways in just 4 minutes.

"How did you do that so fast?" Sophia asked, her face a picture of shock.

Elle laughed. "It just takes practice."

"Well, you will have to spend longer getting ready for the ball tonight. It is for you of course." Sophia grinned when she saw the nervous look on her big sisters face. "Don't worry, Eliza. I've been to lots of balls, and they really aren't that bad."

Elle just cringed slightly.

They arrived in the dining hall slightly later than everyone else. The slightly pained expression on Elle's face brought everybody's attention.

"What's wrong, princess?" Oscar asked.

"She's nervous about the ball!" Sophia said, laughing. "I have told her not to be scared, but she won't listen."

Elle blushed in embarrassment and took a seat in between Danny and Oscar.

Oscar bent down slightly and whispered in her ear. "I know something that will cheer you up."

"What?" Elle questioned, a confused look on her face.

"James is set to arrive around now," he told her, watching her expression. He giggled at her excited and shocked expression. "You can probably go and welcome him after breakfast. And his sister of course."

Elle didn't miss the curious looks from around the table as people watched him whisper to her. She was just grateful that Oscar had not teased her in front of everyone.

When breakfast was finished, and everyone had had their fill of the delicious foods, Elle tried to excuse herself.

"May I be excused?" She asked, hopefully.

"Where do you think you are going?" her mother asked.

"Erm, I was going to take a walk," Elle quickly replied, glancing at the door.

"I think not. You have to get ready."

"But it is still the morning!" Elle protested.

"And we have much work to do," the queen replied.

Elle looked at Oscar with wide and horrified eyes.

"What do I do?" she whispered to him.

"You'll just have to wait until this evening. I'll tell him that you expect a dance," Oscar grinned when he saw Elle's horrified face.

"You will do no such thing!" she replied, drawing the family's attention. Upon realising that everyone was looking at her, she stared at the table, flushed with embarrassment.

"What will Oscar not do?" the king asked, slightly amused,

"Nothing," Elle replied at the same time as Oscar said, "Laugh at her when she falls down the staircase."

Elle shot him a glare.

"Okay," Andrew said, clearly not believing them at all.

"Shall we go and begin our preparations?" the queen asked, looking at Rachel, Sophia and Elle.

"Of course, mother," they chorused, Elle slightly less enthusiastic than her sisters.

As they were leaving, Elle didn't miss Oscar telling the men that he had guests to meet. A piece of information clearly meant for Elle to hear.

***

When Elle and the other ladies were finally ready for the ball, Elle was a bundle of nerves.

Just the thought of so many people gathered around was enough to terrify her. But adding that they were all there for her made her beyond terrified.

"Okay, Elizabeth. We will walk down first, and then you will be announced. Walk slowly down. Focus on someone that you know, so you're not too afraid." The queen ordered. Her face then softened slightly. "I'm proud of you."

Before Elle knew what was happening, the rest of her family had disappeared through the doors. It felt like Elle was waiting for an eternity before the door was opened for her.

"Princess Elizabeth," a man called from the inside, announcing her to all of the guests.

This was it.

Elle took a deep breath to calm her nerves before she stepped out to the top of the staircase.

She paused for a moment and looked around.

The room was huge. It was beautifully decorated with candles lining the walls and a large area in the middle cleared for dancing.

She quickly searched the crowd, looking for anyone that she knew. She could see her family watching her, her mother and father sat on their thrones. Delilah was stood there smiling, and Gemma was sending her an encouraging grin.

Right next to them was James. He wasn't smiling, but he seemed to have a look of awe on his face. When he noticed that Elle was looking at him in return, he smiled slightly at her.

It was all the encouragement that Elle needed. She took another deep breath and began to walk down the stairs. Her eyes never left James.

When Elle reached the bottom step, the crowd began applauding. She heard several people welcoming her back.

But she hardly paid any attention. She couldn't focus on her surroundings. It just seemed too surreal.

She started walking in the direction of her friends, desperate to welcome Gemma and James. But she was quickly intercepted by her family.

"You didn't fall! Well done!" Danny congratulated her.

"Thanks," she grinned back.

"Now, daughter, may I have this dance?" her father asked. It would be the first dance, and everyone would be watching. But surprisingly, Elle was less nervous now. She had had a few dance lessons, and although she was far from good, she was confident that she could at least do some of the moves.

Elle sent one last glance in James' direction and decided to give up on trying. She would speak to them later.

"Of course," she replied, taking his hand.

They walked to the cleared dance floor, and the music started up. The dance seemed to be over so fast, and Danny had quickly taken over from their father.

"You have several people watching you," he told her, looking around.

"Who?" she asked in shock. She thought that everyone had stopped looking at her.

"Well, there's a prince over there. He's not very nice, so I'd stay away if I were you. And there is a man over there," he pointed to someone behind Elle. "He hasn't taken his eyes off of you. I remember when he burst in claiming that he had found you."

Elle blushed in embarrassment. Danny just laughed.

"Ah, was he the certain someone that you were hoping to dance with?"

"Perhaps," Elle said, looking at the ground.

"I'll try and make sure that you have time for a dance. But there are several people that you will have to dance with first."

"Okay," Elle replied.

When their dance finished Elle was quickly taken by Andrew.

"How long do I have to dance for?" she asked, her chest already hurting slightly. She had been much better since she had left the bookstore, but large amounts of exercise were proving to be difficult.

"Dance with Oliver and then you can escape for a few minutes. There is a set of doors hidden in the left corner. They lead to the outside. No one will think to follow you out." He said.

"Thank you," she replied, grateful for the chance to escape even for just a few minutes. The entire experience had been so overwhelming, even though it had only just begun.

After dancing with Oliver she found that they conveniently ended up close to the door.

"Now's your time to escape," he whispered.

"Have you all been planning this?" she asked, confused at how they all knew.

"Of course!" he grinned, "Now go now."

Elle slipped behind the drapes and found herself outside. She was so grateful for the fresh air. As much as she was enjoying the party, she just needed to breathe for a few moments.

She looked up at the stars. It was so odd to think that these were the same stars that were shining over Grea. The same stars that she had admired for years.

She could hear the music, chatter and laughter from the inside, but she felt a lot more peaceful than she had before. It was a huge change going from living in the shadows to being the centre of attention at a royal party. It was something that she was sure she would get used to. It would just take a while for her to feel comfortable.

"I was wondering where you had disappeared to," came a voice from behind her.

Elle turned around so quickly that she almost lost her balance. James was stood there, leaning against the door, smiling brightly at her.

***IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE***

There is only one more chapter left after this! I'm really excited that I have so many comments, views and votes! Thanks so much :) Also, I made #1 in historical fiction!!! I'm so excited :)  Thanks everyone :) Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 25.6K 31
[COMPLETED] It all seemed to be a fairy tale ending to Princess Elizabeth. She had found a wonderful family, she lived in a beautiful castle, and she...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
607K 20.2K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
5.9M 260K 68
She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she's getting into, but she does this to sa...