In Love With My Mobster Best...

By eternitytotry

[Complete] A mxmxm, mobster threesome story: I have been pretending that I didn't know. I've been pretending... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
ONE: PRETENDING
TWO: BEGINNING
THREE: ROUTINE
FOUR: GHOSTS
FIVE: PAST
SIX: FOREVER
SEVEN: AWARE
EIGHT: OUTBURST
NINE: PERMANENT
TEN: EXPOSE
ELEVEN: PLACE
TWELVE: BROKEN
THIRTEEN: CHAINS
FOURTEEN: TRYING
SIXTEEN: CAUTION
SEVENTEEN: CRUSHED
EIGHTEEN: TORN
NINETEEN: SPACE
TWENTY: RUN
TWENTY-ONE: AVOIDANCE
TWENTY-TWO: DIVERT
TWENTY-THREE: ATTENTION
TWENTY-FOUR: HEATH
TWENTY-FIVE: TRY
TWENTY-SIX: TRYST
TWENTY-SEVEN: SNEAK
TWENTY-EIGHT: HOME
TWENTY-NINE: TYRANT
THIRTY: LOST
THIRTY-ONE: REVERT
THIRTY-TWO: COMPLICATED
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR: UNDERSTANDING
THIRTY-FIVE: OWNED
THIRTY-SIX: DISCLOSE
THIRTY-SEVEN: BLISS
THIRTY-EIGHT: INESCAPABLE
THIRTY-NINE: FOOL
FORTY: UNDECIDED
FORTY-ONE: FALLEN
FORTY-TWO: PRIORITIES
FORTY-THREE: UNDERSTAND
FORTY-FOUR: CLARIFY
FORTY-FIVE: DEFEND
FORTY-SIX: REALISATION
FORTY-SEVEN: PUNISHMENT
FORTY-EIGHT: AWAKE
FORTY-NINE: SEALED
FIFTY: EPILOGUE
CHRISTMAS BONUS

FIFTEEN: MEND

105K 4.1K 2.1K
By eternitytotry

Media: Boy – Little Mix

Coe's POV

I had been doing well. I was managing well to avoid any chance at all to speak to Jared.

But today, I know I've lost. When and with what confidence do I have to ever try to resist Jared? That man had a wealth of knowledge about the world, and about me. How was I going to fight against that?

I woke this morning, thinking it was going to be the same as the past one and a half weeks. I was going to stand my ground and be stubborn, not talk to Jared even if he pointed a gun to my head. I rehearsed what I'd do exactly so that I could annoy the heck out of Jared with just a small gesture, a glance perhaps, but no words will be exchanged between us. I planned to glare at him hatefully if I had to. I was ready to resist him anyway he possibly could get at me.

It was starting to be less about my anger against Jared, but rather to see which one of us would give in first. Either I was going to be the sucker, or Jared was going to finally apologise to me.

I really thought today was going to be the same. But Jared changed his tactics. That crafty fox.

Instead of being clingy, touchy and trying ways to annoy me into talking, Jared chose to... Could I say 'court' me? I mean, it was nothing about romance or dating. But I sure felt like a woman getting wooed. It could just be me getting all excited and letting my imagination run wild again with the possibilities with Jared.

I came downstairs, cast off of my leg, almost without a limp at all, with that scowl pronounced on my face that I had practiced so many times before. When I saw Heath sitting at the couch, I gave him a polite smile, before I walked towards the kitchen, discreetly looking out for Jared, only to find that Heath and I were alone in the living room. When I finally casted my sight back to the kitchen, I startled at what I saw.

The table was full of tickets. I approached the island, scanning the contents quickly. There were tickets for different movies, games, museums, plays, musicals, concerts, amusement parks, and God knows what else, all for the same date: today. I didn't have enough time to glance through all of it before Jared finally made his presence known.

"I didn't know what you were in the mood for. I got some of everything that was nearby. If you prefer to go for something out of the country that can be arranged to." I resisted to turn and look at him, because I know I was already swooning, and seeing his handsome face smirking back at me was not going to help matters.

Why was it that everything that his man did was always so damn excessive?

Alright, I'd admit. This was very nice of him. I could see the effort he had put in to suck up to me. Was it bad that I wanted to drag my act on longer because he was being really nice to me? Probably. Yet, I wanted to milk this for all its worth. I was going to hell.

"What is this?" I finally muttered under my breath as I stared at the tickets mindlessly.

I heard Jared take a sharp intake of breath. He must be surprised that I was finally speaking to him. I could hear and sense him take a couple of steps nearer to me, "Tickets to most, if not all the interesting things you can attend or do tonight, up until tomorrow morning." His voice sounded breathless and I could feel myself smile at the relief in his speech.

Perhaps I have gone overboard with my 'punishment'. Perhaps one and a half weeks of absolute silence towards my best friend was a wee bit too torturous, knowing well how he would take it if I kept my distance from him. Then again, if I didn't, I wouldn't realise how much power I held over Jared by just keeping my mouth shut. Hmm.

I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling too hard, "I can see that, I mean, what are they for?" I tried to use a bit of sass to my tone. I couldn't let him know that I had already thrown in the towel.

"For you to enjoy." His voice was dangerously close to me and I took a step away from him. I needed distance before I did anything and everything he wanted me to do, "I picked quite a few of the concerns and activities I thought you would really enjoy. I just want you to enjoy, Coe."

I licked my lips, "Why? Why are you doing this, Jared?"

It was over the moment he put his hands on my arms from behind me. I was completely and utterly defeated when his warm palms clasp my icy cold arms. This asshole had the audacity to hold me closer to him. He knew the effect he had on me, he had to know, or he would not do this to me for no reason.

"You're angry, you have every right to. I'm just trying to make it up to you." He leaned his chin on my shoulder and I resisted the urge to shrug him off. My heart skipped several beats and I pray to God that my ears were not burning red right now. God, Jared Jackson. Enough already. I get it, you win.

"With-" I picked up some of the tickets, "Tickets to a musical, movies, a baseball game, an amusement park?" I squeaked slightly when he chuckled right beside my ear.

Jared shrugged, "Gifts help right? Girls seem to fall for it anyway."

I spun around to face him with a frown, holding my hand to his chest to keep him at a distance, "I'm not a chick, Jared." I narrowed my eyes at him. Moment lost, Jared Jackson. How could you even think I would be happy to hear a comment like that?!

He instantly raised his arms in mock surrender, "I'm not saying that you are. Come on, Coe. I'm trying here." He pouted at me, "I'm really trying."

He was. The asshole was. I could see it. Even if his reasoning could be flawed. I know that this was an action that he had rarely done, if not, never done at all for anyone else. I've never actually seen him make the effort to pick out a gift for anyone. This might even be Heath's idea. Although, I don't know much about how he courted the women he brought to his bed. I made a mental note to ask Heath when we are alone.

But he won alright. He freaking won over my heart and I was all prepared to go to war with him just minutes ago. Stupid, stupid heart. Why couldn't you just stand your ground?!

"An apology would suffice, I think." I crossed my arms challengingly.

Jared frowned at that, "This is it." He nodded to the tickets.

"No, say the words, Jared. It shouldn't be difficult." I said exasperatedly, knowing full well how difficult it was for Jared to say two simple words. 'I'm sorry' is just not in his vocabulary, and I think I'll die before I ever hear it from him. Still, didn't hurt to attempt to draw it out of him.

He raised his brow and tilted his head, "Well, you know how I feel."

As I expected. How hard was it to apologise? He was such a prideful man.

"Whatever." I wrinkled my nose and turned back to face the tickets.

He let out a laugh behind me and he moved in towards me, caging me in against the kitchen island with his arms stretched out on either side of me, "So, which one are we going for tonight?"

I could hear the glee in his voice as he spoke. I know he was beyond relieved that we were back on talking terms again.

I glared at him, hating that I have already forgiven the idiot because despite not wanting to react in the way that he wanted me to, I was quite touched and impressed with this move. Also, my body was reacting to his proximity to mine. I was quite literally burning on the inside.

"Fine. If I really have to pick one, I'll pick a relaxing one. God knows how tensed I've been lately. The spa package is starting to sound quite good since I'm almost completely healed from all the bruises." I picked up the tickets, shaking it in front of his face mockingly.

He looked at me with guilt in his face, "Yeah." He ran his fingers through his hair, "I'll drop you off then." His voice was low.

"You're not going to join me?" I asked curiously.

Most of the tickets came in pairs or in threes. I expected that Jared and Heath were going to tag along. Enjoying any of these alone didn't seem like any fun at all.

"Not tonight, Coe." He shook his head.

I frowned, "Why not? Why did you even buy so many of these anyway? You should have just gotten maybe three options."

He grinned at me, "But then it wouldn't impress you enough to make you actually talk to me, Coe." He tapped my nose, "And spas don't usually go the way I plan it to."

"What do you mean?" I hate that my nose was burning like I had a painful sunburn where his fingers touched my skin.

"Let's just say, massages make me a bit frisky, and I'm not in the mood for that tonight." Jared looked away, "Tonight is for you."

Despite the swooning, I gagged at the images in my head. Lucky women masseuses. Maybe I should pick up a technique or two...

In my head, my hands were wandering over the oiled, broad and muscular back of my best friend. Good God.

"We could do something else." I set the tickets back down and scanned the table for an alternative. But Jared's hand swiped the tickets that I placed down on the counter instantly.

"No. Heath and I should get some work done anyway." He explained, handing the tickets over to Heath, who was on his feet with his laptop tucked under his arm. I remember Heath mentioning that they were slightly behind on quite a bit of stuff since my brother's attack. They haven't been able to be on top of things when Jared had instructed that I was never to be left alone.

"Yeah, if you just find time outside of babysitting me, you'll probably be productive." I rolled my eyes, biting at my lips, wondering if I should insist that we went together anyway. I don't think I can enjoy any part of the spa knowing that Jared and Heath were working while I was enjoying.

"I was just trying to keep an eye out for you, alright?" Jared's hand shot out to grab at my shoulder, "I don't want to make the same mistake twice." His eyes looked pain as he gazed at me.

That's the closest thing to an apology I was going to ever get. Him admitting a mistake? It was huge. Heath seemed to agree with my thought when he raised his brows so high I thought they were going to fuse with his hairline.

I fought the instinct to say something sassy, choosing instead to take his 'apology' graciously, "Thank you, Jared."

Jared beamed from ear to ear, pulling me into a hug, "No, thank you. Thank you for talking to me again." He pulled part from me and blinded me with that excessively charming smile that made me blush.

I looked at Heath briefly, remembering the talk we had several days ago, "Well, you know how pissed I was with you. Don't do it again, okay?"

Jared shook his head with a smirk, "I will never, ever do something like that to you again. You'll be my priority, alright?"

I nodded, pleased for now. Alright, who am I kidding? I was practically swooning over his every word. I'm only trying to play it cool because I would look like an absolute fool if he saw how I truly felt.

"I'll get changed then." I whispered under my breath as I stepped away from Jared.

But his hands darted out to catch my elbow before I could walk away, "Also Coe, I want to introduce you to some people." He had a guarded look on his face, and it made me frown, "I need to introduce you to some people."

I licked my lips tentatively, "Erm, I'm sensing these people are different from the ones I've already met?" The way his body tensed, I could tell that I was right. I am not stupid. I know that at some point, I would have to interact with people that are more influential, or as powerful as Jared was. I know he worked for someone, I don't expect him to start his own mob at the age of seventeen. Only thing is that, I know that Jared had quite quickly climbed their ranks and I'm not sure how high up the hierarchy he has already reached.

Jared nodded, his grip on my elbow tensing, "Yeah. Those people you've already met are my men. They work for me. I think it's about time you met others of my-" He cleared his throat, "Status."

I breathed out loudly as I nod. I think I don't really have a choice here. Even if I protested, wanting to have nothing to do with anything Jared was suggesting, I'm sure he had good reason to bring it up to me. Besides, he actually used the word 'need'. I don't think he has much of a choice either.

"Which reminds me to ask you, you're not like a mob boss, right?" I asked with wide eyes, finally remembering that I had been meaning to ask him this question for a long time. Heath called him 'boss', the men that I met in this building called him 'boss', but I'd like to hope that he wasn't as scary as I imagined him to be.

Jared let go of my elbow and scratched at his eyebrow, "I'm not... The head." He drifted off, looking at Heath before he lowered his gaze.

I glanced at Heath. We had eye contact and he looked away.

I shivered slightly. Not sure if I'm liking what their reactions were implying.

"But... You're someone big?" I tried to clarify carefully.

Jared nodded, "Yeah." His voice was low and I know better than to ask anymore.

"Okay." I blinked.

Jared took a breath, staring at me in the eyes so seriously that I reached behind me to grip on the island, "I'm just in charge of an area and some men. I am part of the top management, but not the top." I could almost sense the word 'yet' wanting to accompany his words but he stopped himself. He waved his fingers around, "Just, powerful but not the most powerful."

So he could be like the second most powerful? The third? The tenth? I need to figure out how this whole mob structure worked. Perhaps when Heath has the time, I'll ask him. If he was even allowed to tell me.

"I get it." I soothed gently, not wanting to push Jared. I know that if it was as simple as telling me everything, he would have already. He did promise to tell me everything. Okay, granted, he didn't make good on his last promise, but still. I think I have to give him another chance.

"I'll explain more to you after we meet the rest, alright?" He patted my head, "It's a bit overwhelming, but when you meet the players first, you should understand better."

I nodded mutely. As usual, wondering if I will ever get the chance to go against Jared's pace of life. 

I hope you liked this chapter~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
2.8M 100K 96
True is a fifteen-year-old suicidal teenager, and he's done with his life. With shitty parents who would rather punch him than show him affection and...
127K 6K 35
✔️ | After swearing off relationships, I never thought I'd fall for my one night stand. A complete stranger. Months of searching and unsuccessfully...
175K 6.5K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...